Two

Home?

AN: 

Bombay Ten

Welsh Corgi Jaemin

Manx Jeno

 

***

“This is our house!” Mark excitedly said, tugging at the hybrid’s tail which he was still holding tightly in his small hand. Ten nodded while he tried to get as much space between himself and the tall man. He wasn’t really paying attention to his surroundings since his instincts were on the highest alert, telling him to keep the two humans in sight. One part in his head was telling him to trust them since they really seemed genuine but Ten knew better. The only reason why he didn’t bolt away yet was the bubbly boy who seemed to like him a little too much already. In addition to that, he could sense that Johnny was trying his best to not intimidate him even when he didn’t have to. Hybrids should be scared of their owners in order to fulfill their tasks and wishes, at least that was what their caretaker taught them since they were kittens.  

Ten took a deep breath when Johnny opened the entrance door to a big apartment complex before he entered with shaky steps. Another tall and build man was sitting at a desk and stood up as soon as he saw Ten. The hybrid halted his steps causing Mark to whine since the little boy wanted to show his room to his new hyung really badly.

“Good evening, Lucas. This is Ten, our guest.” Johnny pointed at the hybrid who tried to hide behind the man’s large build.

“Hello Ten, I’m Lucas. Please feel free to come to me if you need anything.” The man smiled brightly and Ten was surprised how boyish the man looked suddenly. Also, he was endlessly confused. He should ask for the man’s help? He would help him and not the way around?

 

“Lucas hyung, I’m going to show Ten hyung my room!” Mark jumped excitedly and embraced a leg of said man.

“Mark, you should go to bed soon if you want to grow as tall as me and your dad!” Lucas laughed and petted the boy’s head.

“Good night, Lucas.” Johnny smiled at the man and pushed the button of the elevator.

“Good night, hyung.”

Ten eyed the elevator warily, not wanting to be in such a narrow space with the tall man. As if Johnny could hear Ten’s worries, he stood by a corner and tried to give Ten as much space as possible. Ten would have been even more confused if he would have time to think about Johnny’s considerate acts. But Mark’s happy gibberish distracted Ten from his circling thoughts.

“But hyung, you can’t like Jeno more than me!” The hybrid just nodded overwhelmed from everything. He just wanted to go back to the dark alleys even if he wouldn’t have a warm meal and a soft bed to sleep in. The elevator’s doors finally opened and Ten stepped out as quickly as he could.

“Dad, hurry up!” Johnny sighed and shook his head while he fished the keys out of his bag.

“Welcome home!” Mark threw his hands in the air when Johnny finally opened the door and Ten felt his heart ache hearing those words.

 

“Hyung, my room is there!” Mark tugged at Ten’s tail urging him to said direction.

“Mark, where are your manners?” Johnny clicked his tongue and crossed his arms, looking unapproving of Mark’s actions.

“But dad!”

“No.” Johnny sternly shook his head and waited for his son to stop pouting. “I’m waiting, Mark.” The little boy’s shoulders slumped down and he sighed deeply.

“I’m sorry Ten hyung. Do you want to drink something first?”

“Good boy.” Johnny petted his son’s head and pointed to the living room. “Please sit down and feel at home.” Finally, Mark let go of Ten’s tail and took his hand instead. The hybrid nodded timidly and followed the boy into the room. A big brown, soft-looking sofa took the most space up and he sat slowly down, when Mark led them there.

“Look hyung, I drew them!” Ten noticed the countless paintings decorating the wall and smiled slightly.

 

“Oh Ten, sorry I forgot to ask. Do you eat anything? Do you like fish? Or something else?” Johnny stood by the doorframe and scratched his neck uneasily.

“Please don’t bother.” Ten couldn’t muster enough courage to look into the man’s eyes. So, he concentrated on Mark, who decided to show him his favorite book.

“Ten, I’m going to prepare something anyway. I just want to make something you like.” The hybrid couldn’t understand why the man was so nice to him. Why did he even bother to make him something to eat?

“I-I eat anything but fruit.” he said quietly looking into the man’s face for the first time since they found him. Johnny seemed surprised but smiled brightly and tried to look as friendly as he could.

“Oh, and Mark please go to your room and change for bed. We’ll brush your teeth later.” Mark complained loudly and refused to leave Ten’s side.

“Well Ten, you can shower if you want. I can give you some clothes to change into. Wait, no offence! It’s not like you need to shower…you’re not dirty or anything, omg please don’t misunderstand me.” Johnny felt how his whole face flushed as he tried to talk his way out.

“I-it’s ok. I would like to take a shower if I’m allowed to.” Ten didn’t want to admit but he couldn’t even remember when he showered the last time.

“Ok, how about you and Mark prepare for bed and I cook in the meantime?”

 

 

***

 

Ten watched himself in the mirror in Johnny’s bathroom and pouted deeply. He felt fresher than ever but he couldn’t ignore how big the clothes were on him. The sweater looked like it’d swallowed the hybrid but he didn’t complain since it was really warm and cozy. Ten wanted to stay longer in the bathroom but the delicious smell of food lured him out of it. With small steps he made his way to the kitchen, stopped and observed the father-son couple. Mark was clad in his pajamas and rubbed his eyes tiredly, clearly waiting for Ten. The hybrid stepped into the room quietly, ears perking up at the sight of so many dishes.

“Sit down and help yourself. I’ll brush Mark’s teeth and bring him to bed.” Johnny lifted the complaining boy up and kissed his cheek lovingly.

“Ten hyung can you also tuck me in later?” His big brown eyes were gleaming hopefully and Ten knew that he was a goner for the boy’s wishes. So, he nodded shyly and watched how the pair left the room. Without wasting a second, he dug in. The dishes were so tasty that he couldn’t stop eating although he originally just wanted to eat a little bit. His stomach was feasting and he couldn’t remember the last time he ate this good!

 

After the meal, he rubbed his full tummy and tried his best to keep his eyes open. The last hours tired him completely out and he couldn’t wait to sleep. He cleaned the table and did the dishes with tired arms before he made his way to Mark’s room. Little did he know that he had to say goodbye to the little boy and return to the streets. He didn’t know why but the thought of not seeing Mark again saddened him extremely but he couldn’t stay, no. He had to say goodbye and leave.

Quietly, he opened the door to his room and smiled when the boy instantly sat up, making grabby hands to his direction. Johnny got up from his side and stepped away to make room for Ten.

“Your room is really cool.” Ten said while he sat down on the bed which was shaped like a racing car. He really meant it. As he looked around, he was sure that every four-year-old boy was dreaming of a room like Mark’s. His walls were covered in posters of super heroes and paintings, his shelves were full of colorful toys and books and an army of stuffed animals were placed next to his bed.

Mark giggled cutely and handed him a book.

“Can you read that aloud?” Ten took it and nodded after a quick glance at Johnny’s direction.

“Ok, but you have to sleep after it.” Mark nodded frantically and shifted, making room for Ten to lay down. The hybrid hesitated since he didn’t want to cross a line. Johnny also was hesitating and didn’t know whether he wanted a stranger to lay next to his precious son. Ten really seemed to be nice but they didn’t know him at all. He could be a freak and hurt his son when they were alone! But every word of objection got stuck in his throat when Ten turned to him, watching him with questioning eyes. He could see the fear and hesitance in his eyes and decided to trust him. He nodded once and observed how the boy slid next to his son, tucking them both in. Mark seemed genuinely happy as he cuddled closer to the hybrid who started to read aloud.

 

Johnny left the room with a heavy heart and hoped that his son’s little heart wouldn’t break when Ten decided to leave. He wasn’t blind, he saw how attached his son already was which also was very surprising. Mark wasn’t shy at all but usually he needed a long time to get close to strangers. He only had few friends and never opened up so quickly. Maybe Ten was special? Johnny shook his head to get rid of the thoughts and made his way to the kitchen. To his surprise everything was cleaned up and tidy.

Tiredly he leaned against the counter and decided to inform his friend about the happenings.

 

 

 

 

[10:27 PM]

To: Taeyongie

Mark found a stray cat hybrid in a dark alley and we took him home with us

I don’t know what to do

Mark doesn’t want him to leave.

 

[10:29 PM]

To: Princess Johnny

What do you mean he found him in a dark alley???

uhm is he staying at your place?

 

 

[10:29 PM]

To: Taeyongie

Long story.

I don’t know…I don’t want him to leave since he doesn’t have a home

He’s so cute tho but he’s scared of me

 

[10:32 PM]

To: Princess Johnny

oh poor baby who knows what they did to him :(

we’ll come over tomorrow

together we’ll find a way

 

[10:33 PM]

To: Taeyongie

Thank you <3

 

 

Johnny sighed for the 100th time and decided to check on the boys. Quietly, he sneaked into the room only to find himself smiling genuinely. Ten and Mark were sleeping soundly while the little boy was clutching at the hybrid’s tail. Cautious, he took the book out of the hybrid’s hands and left the room. Johnny’s last hope were Taeyong and Yuta, they needed to help him out of this misery.