Ten

Home?

AN: 

Hey guys :)

I'm so sorry for the long wait but I was suffering from the biggest writer's block ever...It took me months to bring myself to write ;-;
Well, now I'm back and I hope that y'all are healthy and fine!
I'm sending you lots of looove~

 

***

 

 

Bombay Ten

Welsh Corgi Jaemin

Manx Jeno

Van Cat WinWin

Birman Jisung

Pomeranian Haechan

Havanese Jungwoo

Pomsky Chenle

French Bulldog YangYang & Xiaojun

Russian Blue Renjun

 

 

***

 

 

„Jaehyunnie hyung!“ Ten flinched when Mark screamed loudly before he stood up and ran towards his second favorite hyung.

“Markie!” Jaehyun’s deep chuckle somehow eased the cat’s nerves causing him to direct a small smile at his direction. Said smile only lasted for some seconds since Ten noticed how the boy made his way to the family with Mark in his arms.

“Johnny hyung, Ten hyung hi. How are you?” Jaehyun showed his cute dimples before he sat down, of course not without forgetting to leave enough space between him and the shy cat.

“Hello.” Ten said quietly and tried to look at his face but a small voice in his head told him that he wasn’t allowed to. He shook his head in order to get those thoughts out of his head but it was easier said than done. The tension only left his small body when Mark retook the place on his lap. Sensing his hyung’s discomfort, the boy turned around and wrapped both, his arms and short legs around the cat’s torso. He showed him a cheeky smile and squealed happily when Ten’s black tail poked his cheek.

“Wow Mark, you really love your Ten hyung more than me.” A playful pout adorned the handsome male’s mouth until a screeching puppy entered the room.

“Hyunnie hyung!” Ten wasn’t sure whether the boy was really a puppy hybrid or a very puppy-like dolphin hybrid.

“Lele, I missed you!” Jaehyun picked the chubby puppy up and placed kisses on his giggling face.

“Jaehyunnie hyung likes Lele the most. But you can’t tell the other hybrids, ok?” Mark whispered into Ten’s cute ear and watched in awe as it twitched afterwards.

“Ok, I won’t tell them. But I also have a secret. Can you keep it to yourself?” The boy nodded immediately with wide eyes, making the hybrid laugh.

“You are my favorite person of all times.” Mark froze for some seconds, watching him unbelievingly.

“You like me more than dad?” Ten nodded without any hesitation since he didn’t even need to think about it. He mirrored Mark’s blinding smile and planted a kiss on his forehead.

“Hey, what are you two whispering about? I also want to know.” Johnny tried to look pitiful but he couldn’t hide his happy feelings after seeing their adorable interaction.

“It’s a secret.” Mark shook his head and giggled when his father tried to pout.

“You won’t tell me?”

“No.”

“You two are meeeeean.” Johnny joined their laugh after giving up on acting and decided to watch them with adoring eyes.

 

“Hi Jaehyun.” Hendery’s shaky voice reached Ten’s sensitive ears. For some reason he hadn’t have any difficulties to look at the boy’s face. Was it because Hendery seemed to be kind of scared of Ten? But why should he be?

“Oh, Hendery, hi.” The boy sat down awkwardly and tried to divert his eyes from the cat hybrid. He really tried but he wasn’t doing a great job since Ten caught his glance. Feeling guilty for making the boy uncomfortable, the cat decided to send him a small smile. To be honest, he didn’t know which reaction he was expecting but he wasn’t prepared to see how the boy’s cheeks reddened in record time.

“Hendery, you’re not living in Korea for a long time, right? How do you like it here?” Ten was sure that both of them were thankful for Johnny’s question. While they were chatting, Mark left his lap to join his friends in their playroom. Ten decided to distract himself by observing everything and nothing. It took him only some minutes to notice Jaehyun’s unusual fidgeting. The boy was acting weirdly, glancing at him every now and then, opening his mouth but closing it again.

“Uhm…are you ok?” Ten decided to ask after he caught his glance again. Jaehyun’s eyes widened but he quickly recovered and bit his lower lip. He turned fully to the hybrid and tried to look as reassuring as he could.

“Hyung, I know we only met twice and uhm…we don’t really know each other…but…you know…if you feel uncomfortable later and if Mark and Johnny hyung are not around…you can tell me, ok? I don’t want you to feel scared…” Ten blinked repeatedly and tried to let the words sink in. The boy had been fidgeting for minutes to tell him those words? He felt how a warm feeling rushed through his body at the thought. Johnny’s family and his friends really were so nice, Ten felt how tears pricked his eyes but he blinked them away. He felt so overwhelmed that he couldn’t find the right words to show his gratitude. Jaehyun however interpreted his silence wrongly and blushed heavily, feeling embarrassed.

“S-Sorry please forget what I said. Oh god, I’m so stupid. Uhm…sorry hyung I-“

“No, no.” Ten abruptly shook his hands causing Jaehyun to flinch and Johnny to stop midsentence. “Thank you, Jaehyun. Really.” He took a deep breath and looked at his face while giving him a sincere smile.

“Ok.” Jaehyun grinned brightly and Ten had to stop his tail from poking those dimples without his consent.

“What did I miss?” Johnny watched them curiously since he knew that Ten rarely looked people in the face. Don’t get him wrong, he was happy that the cat seemed to open up but it took him several days to look at Johnny but only two meetings for Jaehyun? The father stopped the train of his thoughts. He wasn’t really jealous of Jaehyun, was he? He should be happy for Ten and not selfish.

“Nothing.” Jaehyun said and stuck his tongue out in a playful manner. Johnny laughed lightly and rolled his eyes at his younger friend. The doorbell rang again before he could investigate more. His hand automatically found Ten’s head and he started to scratch his ears in a comforting manner.

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

Ten stared in confusion as Jeno, the super shy cat hybrid, flung himself at one of the newcomers whom he recognized as a nurse at Taeil’s place. The man easily caught the little hybrid and smiled so happily that he resembled a bunny more than he already did.

“That’s Doyoung. Jeno was really attached to him before we adopted him. He loves Jaemin and Jeno so much since he witnessed them growing up.” Yuta leaned towards Ten after he noticed his bafflement.

“I’m surprised since Jeno seems to be shy.”

“It’s a bit more complicated. He’s not really shy…Jeno is scared of humans since his first family treated him…uhm…really badly. He wasn’t allowed to speak since the family only saw him as a cat. Taeil hyung confronted them about it after an appointment at his clinic. They got defensive after hyung threatened them with a lawyer and they decided to leave Jeno at the clinic. My poor boy had a really tough time until Doyoung found Jaemin who was abandoned. Long story short, Taeyong and I had to visit the clinic for weeks before Jeno warmed up to us and we decided to adopt both, him and Jaemin, since they were inseparable.” Ten nodded with a serious expression and glanced at the small hybrid who laughed at something Renjun had said. With a small smile, Ten turned to Yuta.

“Thank you for taking care of them.” He only saw them a few times but he knew that the pair treated their hybrids very nicely. Yuta grinned brightly.

“Can I pet your hair? You look so cute today, Ten. I really like your pink sweater.” Blushing heavily, the cat nodded slightly since he wasn’t too scared of the Japanese anymore.

 

“You know, Taeyong is really happy that you decided to be a part of the Suh family.” Yuta said after a while of scratching Ten’s super soft ears. Said hybrid tilted his head cutely and waited for further explanations.

“Johnny and Mark are much happier since they found you. You know, usually Mark feels left out when we meet up since he’s the only human boy. But today…he’s just so happy and no matter how much he plays with his friends, he always keeps an eye on you. Look.” The Japanese male nudged his shoulder and nodded at the direction of the small boys. True to his words, the boys were playing and laughing carefreely, gathering around Jisung, the tiny cat hybrid. Ten’s attentive eyes caught the short and unremarkable glance Mark threw at his direction.

“He really loves you, Ten. Thank you for taking care of him. Johnny had a hard time raising him and even with Taeyong and me helping him out, it wasn’t enough. It’s good to see them happy now. And I really hope that you’re feeling happy too?” Ten rushed to nod. He was happy, maybe even more than just happy. It was the first time in his short life that he felt like he belonged to somewhere.

“I am.” He felt the need to speak those two words out.

“Then I’m happy. Oh god, I have to stop Jaemin from fussing over poor Jisungie. You could talk to Sicheng for a bit. He’s very comfortable to speak to and uhm…”

“A hybrid?” He was used to only be allowed to speak to fellow hybrids but this time he knew that Yuta didn’t mean it like that. He tried to look for somebody of whom Ten wouldn’t be afraid of.

“Jaemin put the boy down!” Yuta quickly made his way to the boy, taking Jisung in his own arms.

 

“Yuta hyung, I want to play with the baby!” Chenle’s clear blue eyes were giving him a pitifully pleading look.

“Sungie no baby.” The boy in his arms pouted deeply causing the small boys to coo loudly.

“Lele you are also a baby.” Donghyuk was rolling his eyes and high fived Renjun, who’s eyes gleamed with mischief.

“NO. I’m bigger than Jisungie. He’s a baby not me.” Yuta panicked when the small boy in his arms started to cry.

“You all are so stupid. No cake for you!” Xiaojun declared proudly and the poor, crying boy’s leg since he couldn’t reach anything else.

“Doyoungie I need your help.” Said male took Jisung from Yuta’s incapable arms and rolled his eyes at his relieved face.

“Ok, who made Jisung cry?”

“Chenle!” YangYang pointed an accusing finger at the quivering boy, “and now I can’t eat the cake.” His voice cracked and his eyes filled themselves with fat tears.

“Doyoungie hyung I just wanted to play with Jisungie.” And of course, Chenle had to cry too. “Donghyuk called me a baby.”

“Donghyuk.” Doyoung sighed heavily. He should have known that the cheeky boy started everything.

“BUT HE IS!”

“Stop making fun of my baby brother!” Mark, Jaemin and Jeno were looking between Xiaojun and Donghyuk, waiting for the fight to happen.

“TAEIL HYUNG, KUN, LUCAS I NEED HELP.”

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

Ten was quietly sipping his drink with Sicheng next to him. They were standing slightly away from the packed living room. It wasn’t an uncomfortable silence but it wasn’t comfortable either. Fore some reasons Ten was kind of intimidated by Sicheng’s ethereal beauty, his elegance, well by everything.

“Those kids are sent from hell. I don’t know how Kun-ge handles them.” Sicheng murmured so quietly that Ten would have missed it if he wouldn’t be a hybrid.

“They are kind of cute.” The beautiful cat rolled his eyes but displayed a small smile.

“You don’t live with Donghyuk, you have no clue about it. Mark is an actual angel, Hyuk is Satan’s first born.” Ten glanced at the cheeky boy and gasped when he saw how he and Renjun were pulling at each other’s hair.

“Don’t get fooled. They are best friends…well, at least something along those lines.” Ten nodded but could only take a relieved breath when Mark took Hyuk’s hand and pulled him away from Renjun.

 

“Oh hell, no.” Sicheng hissed lowly and hurried away so elegantly that Ten got distracted by watching him.

“HELLOOOOOOO.” The poor cat flinched extremely when Jungwoo appeared out of nowhere and invaded his personal space. Their noses were almost touching and the dog’s tail was hitting him. With wide eyes he tried to step back but Jungwoo just took another step forward, forcing him to take another step.

“How are you? What are you doing? It’s so nice to see you again!” The dog hybrid spluttered happily with gleaming eyes, not noticing that he frightened the cat to death. Ten knew that dog hybrids were naturally playful and that Jungwoo wasn’t going to harm him but his body acted on his own. He pressed himself flatly against the wall and tried to stop his body from trembling uncontrollably. His stomach started to hurt and the room seemed to move, making him dizzy. Before he could actually throw up, a board back appeared in his field of vision.

“Jungwoo hyung, I think I heard that Lucas was looking for you. He needs help with the cake.” Ten’s breath got stuck in his lungs when Hendery’s unsure voice reached his ears. The boy was shielding him completely away from Jungwoo’s curious eyes.

“But I was talking to Tennie hyung.” Said hybrid could hear the dog’s pout without seeing it.

“NO! Uhm I mean you can talk later. You don’t want to upset Xiaojun, right?” With every sentence he tried to push Jungwoo further away from the trembling cat. He knew that his bubbly coworker didn’t notice Ten’s fear and only wanted to talk to him.

“No, it’s his birthday he can’t be sad. I’ll help Lucas.” Jungwoo grinned happily, turned to the direction of the kitchen and left with content steps.

“Ten hyung? He’s gone.” Hendery stepped away and worried his bottom lip when he saw how shaken up the cat was. Ten tried to slow his heart rate down but his body was still in danger mode. He wanted to thank Hendery from distracting Jungwoo but no words left his trembling lips.

“I’ll get Johnny hyung, ok? Just stay here. I’ll be back in a second. Is that ok?” The poor boy was looking at him with big, questioning eyes and waited for him to answer. With his last drop of energy, Ten managed to nod and took a big, shaky breath when Hendery left.

 

 

“Johnny hyung.” The father turned to the boy, surprised of the rather loud yell. Hendery was looking at him with so urgent eyes that Johnny grasped the importance of the situation and followed him without hesitance.

“Ten?” Johnny’s heart broke the moment he saw the cat’s condition. “Can I touch you?” He reminded himself to ask although he wanted nothing more than take him into his arms. Ten threw a glance at Hendery causing the boy to step back.

“Uh, I’m going…haha.” He awkwardly left with quick steps. Once he was out of sight, Ten threw himself at Johnny’s board chest, surprising the elder.

“I’m here, Tennie. Everything is alright.” He his back in a soothing manner and buried his face in his dark locks. Ten inhaled the father’s comforting scent deeply and rubbed his face all over his chest. The familiar arms were giving him a homey feeling, quieting the dark voices in his head and relaxing his lungs. Johnny continued his caresses and hushed murmurs until Ten’s small frame stopped trembling. Very cautiously, he put a finger under the cat’s chin and tilted his head up. His moist eyes were so deep, so mesmerizing that Johnny couldn’t look away. For the first time since Ten joined their family, the father could see all his emotions shining in his eyes. The raw and pure emotions were drying Johnny’s throat out.

“D-did Hendery do something to you?” He rasped the question after gulping. A relieved breath left through his nose when Ten shook his head.

“J-Jungwoo just p-popped out o-of nowhere and he…he was too near. I’m sorry.”

“What are you sorry for?!” Johnny took his ethereal face in his hands, handling him like he was made of glass. His thumbs his prominent cheekbones.

“You did nothing wrong. Everybody would be scared, Tennie. You’re doing so great today! I saw you talking to Yuta, Taeyong, Sicheng and Jaehyun. You are so strong, please don’t be so hard to yourself. I’m very, very proud of you. We all are.” With a delicate smile, he brushed a stray tear away and placed a soft kiss on its place. Ten felt how his whole face reddened in no time.

“T-thank you.” With determined eyes, Ten leaned up after taking Johnny’s hands from his face and placed an equally soft kiss on his cheek. Gaping like a fish, the father stared at him, trying to find his voice. A smile found its way on Ten’s face when he saw how badly Johnny flushed.

“I also need to thank Hendery…he stepped in and distracted Jungwoo.” Johnny just nodded dumbly, offering his big hand for Ten to take. The cat intertwined their fingers and smiled when he felt the father’s squeeze.

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

“Woah Thor’s hammer!” Xiaojun stared at Mark with shiny eyes. The adults were eating their cakes peacefully as the birthday boy decided to open his gifts. The boy twirled the hammer around, pretending to be a superhero.

“What do we say after getting a present?” Kun reminded the boy while he took pictures of the kids.

“Thank you, Mark!” Xiaojun attacked his friend with a big hug. Then he turned around and ran into Johnny’s awaiting arms. “Thank you, Johnny hyung!” Lastly, he stood in front of Ten and looked at him with his big puppy eyes. The cat hybrid put his delicious cake aside and kneeled down, opening his arms. Xiaojun squealed in delight before he gave Ten the biggest hug he ever received from another hybrid. “Thank you, Ten hyung.” After that, Xiaojun gave his attention to his remaining presents. Ten stood up and took his cake, without noticing the big smile Kun directed at him. Johnny wrapped his right arm around his small waist and pulled him closer to his side.

“So proud of you.” he whispered quietly, knowing that Ten could hear it. The cat gave him a big smile, cuddling even closer to him.

“I’m taking everything back. You two are worse than Jungwoo hyung and Lucas-ge!”

“RENJUN!” Ten felt how he blushed but he couldn’t care less. Everybody was laughing loudly, giving him warm looks. Maybe Johnny was right and his friends wouldn’t harm him.