Nine

Home?

AN: I am so sorry for the long wait but I ended my exams and am free till April wohooooo!
To be honest, I'm not satisfied with this chap and didn't want to post it but I also didn't want you guys to wait longer...So, I hope that you'll still like it...see you very soon!

 

***

 

Bombay Ten

Welsh Corgi Jaemin

Manx Jeno

Van Cat WinWin

Birman Jisung

Pomeranian Haechan

Havanese Jungwoo

 

Pomsky Chenle

French Bulldog YangYang & Xiaojun

Russian Blue Renjun

 

 

***

 

 

“Ok guys, we’re here.” Johnny tried to smile reassuringly as he helped his son out of his children’s seat.

“Dad, Xiaojun will like my present, right?” Mark tried to hold his present and card in one hand since he wanted to hold his hyungs hand with the other one. His Ten hyung was super cool and he was sure that the other hybrids would take him away!

“Of course, you know he loves Thor.” Mark nodded thoughtfully and turned to Ten.

“Hyung, I know that you don’t like strangers but don’t worry I will protect you from anybody.” He puffed his chest out and tried to look bigger than he was. Ten felt a warm feeling in his stomach as he watched the small human. Mark was such a young boy, yet he wanted to protect him?

“Thank you, baby.” Ten looked at the huge apartment and took a deep breath, feeling how his shoulders relaxed a bit.

“Dad, you take Ten hyung’s other hand.” Johnny chuckled and stepped next to the hybrid who took his offered hand.

“Is everybody good to go now? I’m sure that they’re waiting.” Ten tightened his grip but nodded never the less.

 

“Renjun don’t open the door before asking!” Kun screamed when he saw how the cat hybrid dashed past the kitchen.

“WHO’S THERE?” a small but firm voice asked and Ten waited for Johnny to answer.

“Junie, it’s me Mark!” The other small boy screamed back, forgetting how sensitive his hyung’s ears were. Said hyung hid behind Johnny’s tall figure when he heard how the door was being opened.

“MARK! JOHNNY HYUNG!” Renjun and Ten flinched when an excited YangYang came out of nowhere.

“Yangie!”  It only took twenty seconds and the family was surrounded by four excited hybrids.

“Kids, let our guests in! Where are your manners? Gosh, I’m so sorry. Please come in.” Ten watched the brown-haired man with attentive eyes and had to admit that he was very handsome. He felt an unfamiliar sensation deep inside when Johnny smiled brightly at Kun. A part of him told him to hiss at the man but he held it in.

“Mark, Kun-ge made a HUUUUGE cake for me! Do you want to see it?” The boys ran away as soon as Mark took off his shoes and Ten watched them calmly. He was relieved that they were too hyped to see their friend that they forgot about him.

 

“Hello, I’m Kun. You’re Ten, right?” Said hybrid was so focused on taking off his shoes and clinging on Johnny that he flinched surprised at the question. Automatically Johnny turned to Kun and shielded Ten from his view. The hybrid gripped the back of the father’s shirt as he stepped out to stand next to him. He took the man’s big hand, intertwined their fingers, ignored his surprised look, took a deep breath and smiled lightly.

“Uhm, yes I’m Ten. T-thank you…for i-inviting me.” Ten flushed when the man grinned brightly.

“You’re very welcome! Please take a seat, the others aren’t here yet.”

“Thank you, Kun. Do you need any help?”

“No, just feel at home.” The man said and hurried into the kitchen when an alarm rang. To say that Ten felling little bit happy about not having them both in the kitchen would sound mean, right? To be honest, he didn’t know why the thought of them kissing there annoyed him so much.

“Are you ok, Ten?” Johnny asked when the hybrid sat down next to him. He was watching his surrounding with big eyes, paying closer attention to the many photos.

 

“You are a big cat. How old are you?” Ten quickly turned around and stared into deep blue eyes. The boy was tiny and his brown ears were twitching curiously as he eyed the grown cat.

“I-I’m 22.”

“That’s old.” The boy said, emphasizing the word “old” much more than necessary.

“Everybody is old compared to you, Chenle because you’re a baby.” Renjun shrugged at Chenle’s scandalized shout and sat down next to Ten. He watched the older cat for some seconds before he relaxed completely.

“Renjunie, are you ready for the party?” Johnny asked him, trying to ease Ten’s nerves.

“No. I don’t like many people here.” He said bluntly, making the father chuckle.

“Renjun, what did I tell you about being nice?” Kun entered the living room with a whining boy in tow. “YangYang stop crying, we’re not eating the cake yet.”

“I hate you!” The small boy shouted, ran towards Johnny and climbed into his lap. “Kun-ge is so mean, hyung.”

“YangYang you are being very mean right now.” The father said calmly and rubbed his small back. Ten felt a little left out and wished that Mark would be there for him. He could clearly see how much the little boys liked Johnny and he could imagine why.

“I’m so sorry, Ten. I wish I could tell you that they’re normally not like this…but they are.” Kun was trying to stop Chenle from taking his pants off and threw him a small smile.

“T-They’re very cute.” Only five seconds after the words left the hybrid’s trembling mouth, Chenle screeched loudly and climbed on his lap in order to hide from Kun. Ten’s eyes widened but he still wrapped his arms around the moving boy, too scared that he might fall down.

 

“KUN-GE WHERE IS MY NEW CAR?” A boy with the same ears and hair as YangYang who was holding Mark’s hand came in. He was pouting deeply and Ten couldn’t tear his gaze from his extremely cute face away.

“Xiaojunnie, come here. I want to wish you a happy birthday.” Johnny carefully put YangYang down and opened his arms for the birthday boy who quickly ran to him.

“Happy 5th birthday!” The father threw him up and caught him again causing the boy to giggle loudly. Ten watched them in awe and didn’t notice how Mark frowned at him.

“Y-Yes. Uhm…happy birthday.” The cat said quietly and felt proud when the small puppy beamed at him.

“Thank you Ten hyung.” Surprised he opened his mouth but closed it again when Mark pulled at his sleeve.

“What’s wrong Mark?” He asked when he saw the big pout on the boy’s lips. Wordlessly Mark pushed Chenle out of his lap and took his place.

“But I want to sit there too!” The other puppy was small but he had a boisterous voice. Overwhelmed, Ten glanced at Johnny and waited for him to say something.

“Mark, Ten lives with us, you can always sit on his lap. Chenle just met him now, don’t you think that he should sit there?”

“But he has Kun hyung. Ten hyung is mine.” He stubbornly hid his face in his hyung’s chest and hugged him even tighter than before.

“Mark hyung doesn’t like me.” Chenle’s voice cracked as he ran to his ge.

“No, I like you Lele! I’m sorry you can sit here.” Mark walked to his younger friend and poked his chubby tummy.

“I like you, too.” Chenle said sniffling and Renjun groaned loudly.

“Renjun, please just be nice for today.” Kun sighed deeply and closed his eyes for a second, trying to recharge his drained energy. He loved his hybrids with his whole heart but sometimes they really drove him insane.

“Kun-ge, Hendery-ge is coming, right?” Xiaojun asked as he pulled his pants up.

“Yes, he’s coming.”

“Dad said that Hendery hyung has a crush on Ten hyung.” Mark said while he tried to not to frown at how his smallest friend climbed on his hyung’s lap.

“What’s a crush?” YangYang asked confusedly after he accepted the fact that he couldn’t eat the cake right now.

“Uhm…that’s…when you like someone and want to be in a relationship with him.” Kun flushed as he tried to explain such a complex topic to his hybrids.

“Oh…so, Hendery-ge and Ten hyung will be together? Will they also kiss? They’ll look cute!” Chenle turned to said hyung and beamed at him.

“NO! My dad likes Ten hyung. Hendery hyung can’t have him!” Mark gasped in horror as he imagined how the his two hyungs would look together. His hyung couldn’t like someone else beside him and his dad. Hendery hyung couldn’t take him away!

“Oh my god. Let’s stop talking about crushes. Please.” Johnny was beet red and tried to avoid any eye contact. Mark was going to kill him! How could he say something like that so blatantly?! He didn’t like Ten in that way…how could he? Ten was so small, so innocent and cute…he deserved someone better than a single father who had failed in life.

“I-I don’t like Hendery in that way…He is handsome…but I don’t want to be-“ Ten stopped talking and tried to hold his tears in. He didn’t want to be in a relationship with Hendery but when the humans would like him to be, he had to comply.

“Oh, no Tennie. You don’t have to!” Johnny carefully put Chenle down and pulled the man in his arms. “That was just a joke. You don’t have to like him back.” He rubbed his back in a soothing manner and planted a kiss on his temple when Ten faced him.

“Really?”

“Of course, baby.” The hybrid nodded relieved and snuggled deeper into the strong arms, forgetting that the family was watching them.

“They are as disgusting as Lucas-ge and Jungwoo hyung!” Renjun shook his head and ignored his ge’s stern look.

 

 

“I think that the others will be here in a short while.” Kun cleared his throat and stood up, patting Xiaojun’s twice. Ten, who had his eyes closed the whole time flinched surprised and blushed heavily when he remembered how he had acted some minutes ago.

“I-I’m sorry.” He said with a small voice as he faced Kun.

“No, I’m sorry for the things the boy’s said. They’re so young and don’t know what they’re saying. Sorry for making you uncomfortable.” Ten really didn’t want to like the man but he was so nice! How could he be mad at him for being Johnny’s ex-boyfriend? So, he just smiled lightly and watched how Kun went to the kitchen to prepare coffee.

 

“Are you ok?” Johnny asked Ten since the boy was still wrapped around him. Said hybrid nodded but didn’t move an inch.

“I like it when you hold me…if feels safe.” He said while he tried not to flush. Johnny froze for a second before he broke into a blinding smile.

“My lovely Ten! You don’t know happy I am to hear that. Thank you for trusting me.”

“Ten hyung loves Johnny hyung!” Chenle jumped repeatedly and clapped his hands. YangYang joined him shortly after and laughed happily when his brother also joined them.

“So what? Ten hyung is so nice and my dad loves him back.” Mark shrugged lightly and tried to stop his friends from annoying his dad and hyung.

“BOYS WHAT DID I SAY EARLIER?!?!?”

“I swear Kun-ge hears everything.” Renjun whispered but quickly shot up when the bell rung again.

“DON’T OPEN THE DOOR WITHOUT ASKING!” Did Kun know that the hybrids could hear him perfectly well without him shouting?

 

Ten let go of the father and worried his lips. He knew that Johnny and Mark would protect him from any harm but he was still scared. A tiny smile grazed his lips when the older one intertwined their fingers and planted a kiss on his hand.

“Don’t worry Ten. We’re here for you.” The hybrid nodded lightly and pulled a pouting Mark on his lap before he turned to the direction of the door. He knew everyone who would be coming…no need for being scared, right?

“Uh, hello.” A very flustered Hendery entered the room and blushed when he caught everybody’s stare. The hybrids were grinning evilly and Ten nearly pitied the poor boy since he knew what the boys were up to. This party was going to be interesting, he decided when Xiaojun sat on the boy’s lap and whispered something in his ear that left him shocked. He looked at Ten in horror and left the room as quickly as possible to join Kun in the kitchen.

“Oh boy…that was awkward.” Johnny chuckled as Ten nodded. “Can’t wait for the others to join.” he added and smiled when the door bell rung again.