Six

Home?

AN: Hey guys :)
Sorry for the long wait but I had to work the whole summer break and in october I'll start my 2nd studies as a elementary school teacher :3
I will try to update as often as I can, I promise <3

Thank you for your patience and the love I get TwT
Love you guys lots <3

 

***

Bombay Ten

Welsh Corgi Jaemin

Manx Jeno

Van Cat WinWin

Birman Jisung

Pomeranian Haechan

Havanese Jungwoo

***

 

Ten eyed the passersby warily and pressed himself closer to Johnny’s side. For the first time since the family had found Ten, he was glad about the father’s height. He easily towered over the people, causing them to get out of his way. Added to that, the focus of the humans lay on the father son duo since their height difference was so prominent. Ten saw how the passersby smiled at Mark who animatedly pointed at everything that caught his attention. He still was very scared but Johnny’s hand on his back spent him enough security to continue walking. At first, they were holding hands but once the streets got more crowded, Johnny felt the hybrid’s distress and decided to pull him in his arm.

“We’re close. You’re doing so great, Ten.” Johnny whispered, knowing that Ten could hear him. And he meant what he said! You didn’t need to look closely to see that the hybrid was shaking fearfully. At first, the father wanted to enter a store as quickly as possible to get the poor cat out of the bustling streets but once he looked inside, he kept on walking. The stores at the main streets were popular and filled with people who wanted to buy new clothes. Johnny knew that Ten couldn’t stay at a cramped place with strangers, so, he searched for the perfect store. Once, he remembered the rather small but cozy store, he led the boys there.

“Dad, where are we going?” Mark asked confused but followed his dad nevertheless.

“I know a great store, Mark. You wanna go there?” Mark hurriedly nodded and grinned brightly, trying to get there quicker. Johnny shook his head smiling and left a relieved sigh out when he saw the store. Like he guessed, it was rather empty with only a woman and two children who were looking for clothes.

 

Ten couldn’t hide his relief when he saw the store in front of them. It wasn’t empty but it was way less crowded than the thousand other ones he saw earlier. Surprised, he turned to Johnny who was trying to keep Mark next to him. Ten couldn’t believe that the father chose a store further afar only for him to be more comfortable. He didn’t know what to say so, he just followed them inside and made sure to stick as closely as possible to Johnny’s side. When he noticed that the other family went to the cashier to pay, he took a deep breath and started to look around. The store wasn’t too big but it was big enough to find what you need.

“Look hyung, the clothes for hybrids are there!” Mark excitedly said and started to walk to the direction he pointed to. Well, clothes for hybrids were actually not much different from the humans’ ones. They only had a hole for their tails and oh, were like ten times more expensive. The cat hybrid didn’t like the clothes his owner had bought him but he never voiced his distaste. Internally, he hoped that Johnny would have a better taste in fashion than…him.

 

 

Johnny eyed the hybrid section and couldn’t believe his eyes. Everything was so…so…ualized? He couldn’t see any jackets, sweaters, nor sweatpants. What he could see were many variations of crop tops, mini skirts and leather pants. Even Mark tilted his head and observed the clothes while wrinkling his nose in distaste.

“Dad, why are there so many flashy clothes? They’re ugly.” Ten tried hard to not nod at the four years old’s statement. Johnny was also frowning when he turned to the hybrid.

“Uhm Ten, do you like those clothes?” He asked carefully to not hurt his feelings even when he couldn’t believe that Ten liked them. The father noticed that Ten took a liking to his big and comfy sweaters which made him look like a small kitty. He tried hard to not coo at the thought of the adorable hybrid. He had to focus and wait for his answer without observing him like a creep. Ten bit his lips and pretended to look at the hideous clothes. He was scared about telling the dad that he hated them even though he showed no signs of annoyance. But Ten knew better than that. Humans could be angry from a second to another without needing a reason. So, he chose his words carefully.
“I will wear anything you find suiting for me.” Ten shook slightly when he spotted the anger in Johnny’s eyes and wondered whether he said anything wrong. He needed to apologize as quickly as he could. The anger in the father’s eyes deflated immediately as he noticed the hybrid’s fear. Johnny wasn’t angry at him; no, he was angry at the person who treated Ten that way for him to lose his autonomy. But he knew that he couldn’t show his anger since he didn’t want to scare Ten.

“Hey Ten, I don’t want to buy something that you don’t like. So, please tell me what you like, ok?” Said hybrid nodded intimated and checked the clothes for a last time. “I…I don’t like them.” he said quietly and looked at his shoes, too afraid to face the family.

“Thank god.” Johnny laughed and directed them to the men section.

 

 

Ten didn’t quiet understand why Johnny accepted his opinion but he was happy about it. The clothes in that section were much better than the ugly hybrid clothes. Before finding the family, he could never dream of trying human clothes on! And now he was standing there with his arms full of cozy yet stylish clothes and was ushered to the fitting room by them. Inside, he drew the curtain and watched himself in the big mirror. He…he was going to wear human clothes. Hybrids weren’t allowed to use things which were made for the humans only. Johnny didn’t seem to know or he didn’t care. The realization hit Ten when he thought about the hybrids he met with the family. Neither Jeno, Jaemin, Donghyuk, Jisung, Sicheng or Jungwoo were wearing those flashy and revealing clothes. Maybe, but only maybe the family and their friends were different from the other humans? His train of thoughts got interrupted when Johnny asked him whether he needed help. Blushing, Ten hurried to deny and took his clothes, well…Johnny’s, clothes off.

 

Pants for humans were much more comfortable but they had a big disadvantage, the missing hole for a tail. Ten grunted annoyed while trying to tuck his tail in his pants without hurting it. Once he succeeded, he felt very weird. Not being able to move your tail felt weirder than he had thought. The hybrid shook his head and tried to put the pink sweater on without getting his ears caught. When he was fully clothed, he looked at the mirror and had to admit that he like them. The sweater wasn’t as big as Johnny’s but it was comfy nevertheless.

“Are you done?” Mark asked impatient. He wanted to see his hyung and tell him how he looked!

“Uhm, yeah.” Ten stepped outside and stood awkwardly in front of the father son duo.

“Wow, I like the color.” Mark blurted out and looked at his dad for confirmation. Well, Johnny was a lost case. He didn’t know what to say since Ten looked so soft and cuddly that he wanted to wrap him in his arms. But of course, he couldn’t admit that since the hybrid was still scared of him. So, he cleared his throat and tried to not flush when they made eye contact. The father was a er for cute things and Ten was the epitome of being cute.

“You really look…uhm really good. It suits you. We’ll buy them…for sure…haha.” Ten was watching him with his cutely tilted head and nodded when Mark told him to try the other clothes on.

 

 

In the ending, Johnny had a cardiac dysrhythmia and his arms full of all the clothes Ten had tried on. He was buying them, oh yes, he was. Well, he knew that he would suffer at home when the hybrid would walk around, looking so soft yet ethereal…Johnny sighed heavily and payed for the clothes, taking the full bags from the cashier. She was glancing at Ten with a frown on her face what made Johnny’s blood boil. He didn’t cause a scene since he didn’t want to scare Ten but he made sure to glare at her and tell her that staring at people was rude.

“Well, he’s not a human.” For the first time in his life, Johnny wanted to punch a woman.

“He’s more human than you.” he spat and turned around, joining his son and Ten.

“Dad, what was she saying?” Mark asked curiously, taking Ten’s hand since his dad’s were full. The hybrid visibly tensed and hold onto Johnny’s offered arm.

“Nothing to worry about.” He smiled at the boys and started to walk. Ten was gnawing at his bottom lip, fully knowing what she had said. He was a hybrid and could hear better than every human. When Johnny stood up for him, even defended him in front of another human…telling her that she was not as worthy as Ten…he felt a bit like crying.

This all was a bit overwhelming for the poor hybrid’s heart. First, the family made sure to be at his side and make everything comfortable for him, they took him to the doctor, to a café -what was a first for him- and even bought expensive clothes for him, let him to hold their hands and be near them…and now they even defended him.

 

It seemed like Johnny always knew how Ten felt since he checked on him.

“Ten, please don’t listen to that dumb woman. You are amazing and way better than her, ok?” Ten felt how his face flushed and he kept his eye on the sidewalk but nodded after a short while. He didn’t know why but he believed Johnny. It felt strange to believe or even trust a human who could easily hurt him but he couldn’t stop his heart from betraying him. His heart was always his weakness…he trusted people easily and got hurt and pain in return. Over the years he taught himself to never open up to a human again. They were all bad and evil. With that in thought, he glanced to the side and watched how the duo laughed about something he missed. Their eyes were wrinkled and a happy smile adorned their faces. ‘Maybe they are really different.’ he thought but shook his head to get rid of that thoughts. He would give them a chance and decide later.

 

 

“Dad, I’m hungry.” Mark whined cutely.

“Hi hungry, I’m dad.” Johnny joked but pouted when the boys didn’t laugh. “Ok, I’m sorry. Let’s get home and order something, ok?”

“PIZZA!” Mark was jumping up and down, making it hard for Ten to hold on.

“Only if Ten is okay with it.”

“Hyung do you like pizza?” Ten knew that the boy could suggest anything and he would agree without batting an eye lid.

“I never had pizza, does it have fruit?” he asked with a slightly disgusted face.

“You never ate pizza?” Johnny and Mark were watching him like he was an alien, having their mouths open.

“Ok, Mark we have to hurry home and order pizza.” The little boy was nodding determined and started to pick his pace up. Ten felt like he violated a secret rule he didn’t know about.

“You’ll love it.” Mark said while he pulled him to their car.

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

Ten patted his full tummy and yawned while he rubbed his eyes. The family was right, pizza was really delicious. He ate so much that his stomach hurt!

“So, Mark time to brush your teeth and go to bed.” Johnny scratched his chin and searched for a solution for Ten’s room problem. They had a spare room next to their bathroom which the father used as an office and a storage room but the father would happily give it to Ten. He just needed some days to make the adjustments and buy the new furniture.

“Ten, is it ok for you to sleep next to Mark again? I need to make the spare room ready for you to move in. The hybrid nodded quickly and suppressed a yawn.

“Both of you need to go to bed now. We have many things to do tomorrow and you need to be fresh.”

“Hyung, will you read me a story again?”

“Of course, but first let’s brush our teeth, ok?” Johnny watched them with a fond smile on his face and sighed as he stood up to clean their plates.

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

It was around 2 AM when Ten and Mark woke up. A rumbling thunder could be heard and Ten could swear that the ground vibrated dangerously.

“H-hyung.” Mark’s bottom lip was quivering and the hybrid quickly took the boy in his arms. To be honest, he was also scared to death since his sensitive senses could feel everything more intensely.

“I want to go to dad.” Mark started to cry as the town was carried by storm. Ten nodded understanding and heaved the boy out of the bed, waiting for him to go to Johnny. But Mark just stood there with his pants not fully covering his and rubbed his eyes.

“Hyung, are you coming? It’s cold.” It took Ten a few seconds to understand that the boy wanted him to follow. He was on the brink to tell him that he would stay when a loud thunder was heard. The hybrid hurried off the bed and took the boy’s hand, leading them to Johnny’s bedroom. He realized that he never had entered the room and felt anxious about disturbing his sleep.

“Dad, wake up.” Mark climbed on the bed and shook his rather forcefully.

“Is it morning already?” Johnny sat up and squinted at the intruders. His hair was tousled and Ten flushed when he noticed that he wasn’t wearing a shirt.

“No, I’m scared.” Mark flinched when another thunder rumbled and pushed his father down to nestle himself in his arms. Ten was watching them, not knowing what to do now. He was scared, yes, but would he get into the bed, lying next to Johnny?

“Hyung, come here.” Mark patted the mattress and even when Ten knew that he didn’t order him, he had to comply. This was something he had done for the most of his life and he couldn’t just stop it within some days. So, he got in and made sure to tuck Mark completely in. He couldn’t lie, Johnny’s bed was comfier than Mark’s and knowing that the father was next to him eased but also troubled his mind. The boy seemed to feel secure since he fell asleep a few minutes later. Johnny was hugging him to his wide chest and patted his head while he himself drifted off to sleep.

 

 

Ten didn’t know how long he was lying there with his thoughts running wild but he could feel it in his bones that the thunderstorm got worse. The windows were vibrating with every thunder and the rain was slapping strongly against them. A whine left his mouth as he whished to be able to hold onto Mark. His body was trembling uncontrollably and tears were welling in his eyes.

“Hey Ten, everything is going to be ok. You’re inside now and the storm can’t hurt you.” Ten’s tremble stopped when Johnny’s soft voice hit his hears. He blinked a few times and tried to slow his thumping heart down.

“Can I touch you?” Ten’s heart softened at Johnny’s question. The father knew that he didn’t have to ask for permission but he still did every time. The hybrid nodded lightly but then remembered that Johnny’s human eyes couldn’t see him in the dark.

“Y-yes.” he said hoarsely instead and paused when the father sat up a bit without disturbing Mark.

“Are you crying?” Ten wanted to deny but he knew that Johnny could see through his lie.

“Oh my lovely Ten, come here. Do you also want to be held?” Shocked by the man’s affection he did what he said and felt how Johnny put an arm around his waist and pulled him even closer. Now, his chest was pressed against Mark’s back and the father’s arm was around him.

“Is that okay with you?” he asked and yawned loudly. Ten didn’t know why but it strangely was. So, he affirmed and felt how Johnny’s arm slid to his back, caressing him lazily.

 

With Mark’s added warmth and Johnny’s caresses, Ten ignored the storm and allowed his muscles to relax. Right now, he felt so content but he knew that he would be a blushing mess tomorrow in front of the dad.

 

 

 

***

AN: I feel like my english but I hope you still can enjoy it ;-;
#foreignlanguageproblems