Eight

Home?

AN: 

I am SO sorry for the late update ;-;
College just and I hate English :( why does it have to be so difficult? I only will be an Elementary school teacher...help meh ;-;

But yeah, sorry again and thank you so much for all the love!
Love you all <3

 

***

Bombay Ten

Welsh Corgi Jaemin

Manx Jeno

Van Cat WinWin

Birman Jisung

Pomeranian Haechan

Havanese Jungwoo

 

Pomsky Chenle

French Bulldog YangYang & Xiaojun

Russian Blue Renjun

***

 

 

 

“Ok, since you’re a part of our family now, you deserve to know our story. I’m sure that you’re curious, right?” Caught, he bit his lips and looked away.

“It’s ok, Ten. I would be curious too. I want to tell you the truth from the beginning.” Said hybrid nodded and took Johnny’s hand, ready to hear about his family’s past.

 

The father took a deep breath, smiled at the curious hybrid and diverted his eyes to the ceiling before he started.

“I was born in Chicago, a place very far away from here. My parents were -and they still are- very rich. I had a really great childhood…was a lucky child and I was in love with Chicago. Especially around Christmas.” Johnny stopped and glanced at Ten, unsure whether the boy could follow his messed-up thoughts. Said hybrid was watching him with his big green eyes, trying to understand everything that had left the father’s mouth. Johnny squeezed his small hand once and diverted his eyes back to the ceiling. A faint smile adorned his plush lips when Ten scooted even closer to his side, fully trusting him now.

“I was a quite bubbly child. Even later as a teenager I loved to make people laugh, to play pranks and to annoy my teachers. When I was older, I enrolled at a university and majored in business since I wanted to take our family business over once my dad was too old to work. Everything was running smoothly…I had good grades, partied every weekend and had many friends. My life seemed to be perfect until I met Mark’s mother.” Ten felt how Johnny tensed up and started to rub his cheek against his broad chest, hoping to relax the man. He seemed to succeed since a light chuckle left Johnny’s lips as he run his hand through Ten’s hair.

“We were so in love…I wanted to spend my whole life with her. I was only 20 when she accidentally got pregnant. But it didn’t matter. I was delighted to know that she would be the mother of my children…I was such an idiot.” Johnny was clenching his teeth so hard that his jaw hurt afterwards.

 

Ten, who had an unreadable look in his eyes, slowly lifted his left hand and touched the father’s cheek. A warm sensation spread through Johnny’s body as he pressed his head against the warm hand. With a feather light touch, Ten caressed his temple and patiently waited for him to continue. Usually, the thought of Jane -Mark’s mom- was paired with an ugly feeling in Johnny’s pit of the stomach. But right now, he felt rather calm… like he was talking about a friend rather than about the biggest disappointment of his life. Carefully, he planted a kiss on Ten’s forehead and grinned brightly when the hybrid giggled cutely.

 

“My parents were angry, furious even but they took Jane in, when her parents demanded an abortion. We lived together and were so hyped when she gave birth to Mark nine months later. He was the cutest baby I had ever laid my eyes on…a gift form heaven. We were happy even after being burdened with so much responsibility at such a young age. I wanted to marry her and my parents were content…but when I told her about the marriage contract -my dad insisted on having one- she refused to sign it.”

“What’s a marriage contract?” Ten asked, stopping his caresses in order to understand it.

“Uhm…it’s a bit tricky to explain but basically it means that she wouldn’t have gotten any money or estate if we had gotten divorced.” Ten tilted his head in confusion and got shocked when he realized what it meant.

“She only wanted your money?”

“Well…yes. You saw that faster than I did back then. I was whipped for her and would have done anything to make her happy but at the same time I didn’t want to disappoint my father. He was so supportive and understanding from the beginning and I didn’t understand why she didn’t want to sign the contract. Well…until she left after two weeks.”

“She left?” Ten’s big eyes were widened as he tightly clenched Johnny’s hand.

“Yes, she had only left a letter saying that she was sorry but she only had dated me for my money. She had thought that I would marry her when she got Mark and had wanted to fill a divorce later to get all that money I would inherit. But since I insisted on a contract, she hadn’t seen a reason to stay. She even left Mark behind. He was only four months old…” Surprised, Johnny stopped and turned to Ten.

“Why are you crying?” He pulled the small hybrid in his arms and scratched his ears in a comforting manner.

“H-he didn’t de-deserve this.” Ten’s voice was muffled since his face was buried in the father’s neck.

“I know…and I won’t forgive myself for falling for such a woman and leaving Mark motherless.” Johnny blinked his own tears away when Ten abruptly looked up. Snuffling, he rubbed his wet eyes but shook his head nevertheless.

“It’s not your fault, Johnny. She was bad and you have a heart of gold. You are such a good person, you did nothing wrong. She’s the one who should be blamed.” Gaping, Johnny stared at Ten’s face and couldn’t believe how lucky he was to have such a loveable person in his life. He peppered the hybrid’s face with little kisses and couldn’t understand how his heart felt so full. Many people had told him that it hadn’t been his fault but hearing this from Ten, a pure and innocent cat hybrid, made him happy.

Ten’s giggles had died down as he shifted to his side again, flushing from all the love he got.

“I was feeling horrible when she had left us but as soon as I looked at Mark’s face, I was happy. He is the joy of my life and he helped me to overcome that crisis. After some discussions with my parents, they decided to send me to Seoul. Mark and I, we both needed a new beginning. In Korea, I felt lonely at times but I met Yuta after a while. Mr. Nakamoto, Yuta’s dad, is the right-hand man of my dad, so, we met when I was visiting his family. I’m so thankful to him and Taeyong. They helped me so many times…raising a boy isn’t the easiest job in the world... And then after four years, you entered our life and we couldn’t be happier.” Ten sniffled again and Johnny hugged him tightly.
“Please don’t cry, I can’t bear seeing you crying.” Ten nodded quickly and wiped his tears away.

“Thank you for telling me, Johnny. And…uhm…I-I know that I have to tell you so many things too…b-but I…”

“Tennie, baby, no. I won’t pressure you! We have time, ok? You can tell me whenever you’re ready for it. Please don’t force yourself. Just know that I’ll listen when you want to talk about it, ok?” Ten nodded again, too afraid to speak since a sob would escape his mouth as soon as he would open it.

“Good. Are you tired now?” Instead of answering, the hybrid yawned loudly, making the father laugh.

“I take that as a yes. Good night, Ten.” Johnny carefully left the bed and tucked him in. With a big smile on his face, he kissed the hybrid’s forehead and closed the door. The father had been afraid of telling Ten the truth but he felt relieved now. He went to bed with a light heart and slept like a baby.

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

“Hey, Ten could you come here for a bit?” Said hybrid was painting with Mark in the latter’s room.

“Yes?” Johnny smiled brightly at Ten who had paint on his nose. He patted on the sofa and Ten sat down, eyes gleaming with curiosity.

“About the party later…I wanted to tell you about the people who are coming. Maybe it will make it easier for you?” Johnny was unsure but he wanted to help Ten as much as he could.

“So, you already know Yuta, Taeyong, Jeno and Jaemin.” The hybrid nodded but couldn’t stop himself from feeling scared. So many people will be going to the party…

“Dr. Moon, Doyoung, Sicheng, Donghyuk and Jisung will also be there.” Johnny’s heart clenched when he saw the troubled look in Ten’s eyes. “Uhm…I know you don’t really know them yet but I would never put you in any danger. They are my friends and they would never do anything to hurt you.” The hybrid believed him, he really did but a small voice in his head was telling him that he was lying. He tried his best to ignore it but it still was there.

“You’ve already met Jaehyun, Jungwoo and…uhm what was his name?”
“Hendery.” Ten said and blushed when he remembered how the male had looked at him.

“Ah, yes. The boy who fell in love with you instantly.” Johnny joked but realized that he felt a tiny bit bitter at the fact that Ten had remembered his name.

“The only person who you hadn’t met is Kun. He’s the sweetest and most caring human being ever! I’m sure that you two will click immediately. You really, really don’t have to be scared of him. He has adopted so many hybrids over the time…he’s too soft to leave them at the shelter at Taeil hyung’s place. Xiaojun and Yangyang are brothers, luckily, they weren’t separated after birth. It’s actually Xiaojun’s birthday party, he’s five now, a month older than Mark and Yangyang is four. They’re both dog hybrids…a little bit hyper but very cute.” Johnny smiled fondly at the thought of the small boys. Secretly, he knew that he had a big soft spot for the older sibling. Xiaojun was a sunshine and Johnny liked him very much.

“Chenle is also a dog hybrid and only two years old. But he’s a handful…very territorial since he’s still very young. And then there’s Renjun, a cat hybrid who’s three years old and a cute brat. He likes to annoy the other hybrids, especially Donghyuk but they all love each other.”

 

Ten was trying to remember every name and information but he failed miserably.

“Oh, there’s one more thing you have to know. Uhm, Lucas and Jungwoo are dating…so, don’t be surprised later…” Johnny was blushing like a prude high schooler but he couldn’t find the courage to look into Ten’s face.

“Really? A human and a hybrid?” Ten exclaimed shocked. He never heard of a relationship between a human and a hybrid!

“Uhm, yes. They love each other…so, it’s alright.” Johnny smiled faintly and poked the hybrid’s nose.

“DAD, I’M DONE!” Mark was shouting as he ran to the living room, holding Xiaojun’s card in his hands.

“Looks really good!” Johnny said even though he couldn’t identify anything. Mark smiled proudly and got ushered to his room to change for the party.

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

An hour and some tears later (how could Mark’s favorite shirt be in the laundry?!) the family was inside the car, on the way to Kun’s apartment.

“Dad, you’re not going to kiss Kun hyung anymore, right?” Mark asked while held Xiaojun’s present in his hands, refusing to let go. Johnny coughed at the unexpected question and blushed madly.

“Uhm, no. Not anymore, buddy.” He was so embarrassed that he wanted to hide himself away from Ten’s curious eyes.

“Why did you kiss him?” The hybrid asked curiously and failed to notice how Johnny felt right now.

“Dad and Kun hyung were together! They always kissed when they thought that we couldn’t see them but Renjun always called us when they were and we saw them.” Mark said disgustingly and ignored his shocked dad.

“You did WHAT?” Mark just shrugged and started to play with the gift in his hands. Ten was watching the father with big eyes. He couldn’t believe that Johnny and Kun had been boyfriends…He didn’t know why but he felt upset at the thought of them being together.

“It’s in the past, Mark. You know, we broke up a year ago.” Johnny didn’t know whether he wanted Mark or Ten to hear that.

“I know. But I wanted to ask because now you have Ten hyung and you can’t kiss other people.” Ok, Johnny wanted to die. Right there on the spot. Why was his son embarrassing him so much? From the corner of his eyes, he could see how Ten nodded but a cute pout was still on his lips.

“I won’t, promise.” He said and tried not to coo when Ten mumbled a ‘good’.

Little did he know that Ten would be clingier than he already was.

 

 

 

AN: Be ready for jealous and clingy Ten muhahaha