Chapter 3

Dead Again | Jimin FF

Tae and his 'little' friend

 

 

Tae and his 'little' friend

 

 

Min Soo's POV:-

"It's your high school sweetheart, Kim Taehyung."

My high school boyfriend? Kim Taehyung?

I smirked.

"Mr. Kim, as much as I know, you were my crush in high school, which I don't even know how. So, stop with that ." I said mockingly.

"Aish! Jung Eumie already told you, right? That wench!" He said while chuckling.

Actually, Jung Eum told me that me, her and someone named as Taehyung were inseparable in high school. We were best of besties.

Suddenly, I heard sniffling sound from the other side. I grew worried.

"Taehyung? Yah! Kim Taehyung! Are you crying? What happened? Huh? Tell me." I said quickly.

"M-Min Soo-yah! I was so worried about you. I-" He started crying harder.

"Taehyung! Just listen to me." I got up from the couch and looked outside the window.
"Come to the cafe near my apartment. You know where that is, right?" I asked and he hummed, still crying.

"Okay, then come quickly. AND STOP CRYING!" I said strictly and hung up.

-time skip-

I was waiting for Taehyung at the cafe after washing up. I was drinking my latte silently when the bell at the door chimed.

He's here.

A tall guy came and sat in front of me. He had caramel brown hair falling on his soft face lightly. He had this big smile on his face, that appeared quite rectangular.

Jung Eum had showed Taehyung's picture and I immediately recognised him.

He had a really beautiful face. No wonder, Min Soo had a crush on her. Who could resist this handsome face?

My trail of thoughts was interrupted when a small figure came and took a seat beside Taehyung.

I observed him. He had orange hair parted in the middle, that exposed his forehead. He also had chubby cheeks making him look like a bear.

But, what was he doing here?

Taehyung noticed my confusion and immediately spoke up.

"Min Soo, meet my friend, Park Jimin. He is my best friend since college. And Jimin meet Yoon Min Soo. My fiancé." 

What?

I just sat there, arms crossed over my chest observing that orange guy's reaction. His eyes grew as big as it could, while gasping.

I now turned my attention to Taehyung who was stifling a laugh. I got up and flicked his forehead while he winced in pain.

"Tell the truth." I deadpanned.

"Okay, okay. I know you are only Yoongi hyung's. So Jimin, she is my closest best friend. My life, after my sister of course." He said pinching my cheeks.

That orange headed male sighed in relief, as if he was relieved I was not in a relationship with Tae.

Wait, is he..?

"Are you gay?" I asked eyeing the shorter male. His eyes widened.

"What? No. What made you think so?" He asked and I explained.

"It's just that you got so shocked when you heard Tae was gonna get married to me. It looked like when your crush gets married. And when you heard it was just a joke, you were relieved as if you have him all to yourself now." I said and Tae looked at him. I guess Taehyung is also now believing what I said.

"Ah! I just reacted like that because I never expected Tae to get married. You know, he's still so young. It's not like I love him as a man or anything." Jimin said rubbing the back of his neck nervously.

"Just accept it shortie." I scoffed. Tae looked at me shocked and shook his head as if to say that I shouldn't continue what I was doing.

I just smirked. I enjoyed this. I enjoyed  pissing people off.

"What?" Jimin raised an eyebrow, with an annoyance laced voice. His face getting red due to anger.

"Oh my! Are you deaf too? I'm soo sorry." I said gasping dramatically. Jimin stood up.

"Excuse me? Don't you have any manners? We just met and you behave like this. Tch!" He said pointing finger at me and turned to Tae and said, " I came here because you asked me to. If I knew I would get insulted, I would have never come." And he stormed off.

Finally! Why did he agree on coming if he knew that two friends were gonna meet? It's his fault anyway.

I looked at Tae and he looked beyond shocked. I looked away

"Min Soo, you changed." He said and I looked at him slowly. My eyebrows turning into a frown.

"Then, you won't accept me?" I said. For some reason, I felt I really needed this person.

Tae got up and started walking away. I looked outside, unable to bear the sight of this person leaving me. It made me vulnerable. Why was it?

Suddenly, two hands engulfed me from backside and as I turned my head, I saw Tae back hugging me.

"I'm never going to leave you, Min Soo. It's impossible. The day I would leave you, would be mine last. I accept for who you are, Min Soo. No way I'm gonna leave you." He said in his deep velvety voice.

"I was so worried when I hear about what happened to you. I couldn't believe it. I never went to see you in the hospital because I didn't want to face the reality. I was scared that you would leave me. I couldn't bear that." He said as wet tears fell on my arm. He released his arms and came in front of me.

"Promise me Min Soo. Promise me that you would never leave me, in any situation." He said wiping his tears and showing his pinkie for me to link.

I hesitantly linked mine with him and smiled slightly.

I can't promise you that, Taehyung-ah. I'll leave when my time comes. Promise me, you won't forget me, when I do.

And that's how two promises were made. Not sure, which one would be kept.

-time skip-

I entered my flat after chatting with Tae for sometime.

I saw my mom sitting on the couch, doing something on her phone.

She looked up at me and asked,

"Where were you?"

"Just here. Went to meet with Taehyung." I said in a monotone.

''Anyways, when are you going to return to work?" She asked.

Ah! That event photography!

"I don't want to continue with that job. I want to be an air hostess." I said standing tall in front of her. She stood up.

"What!? You told you wanted to do photography. Why this sudden change?"

"It's not sudden. I've wanted this since I woke up. Yeah maybe I had wanted to do photography but now, it's this or nothing." 

She sighed and nodded.

"You always did what you wished anyway. Okay, then. I'll tell my secretary Mr.Yang to admit you into a good institute." She said and I smiled wide and hugged her.

"Thanks so much, mom." I said and pulled away. She smiled and patted my head and bid goodbye.

I just went to sleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'm so sorry to break your promise, Tae. But, at least you kept my promise. That's what I need to rest in peace. I love you."