Chapter 1

Dead Again | Jimin FF

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Min Soo's POV:-

I slowly opened my eyes to the sunshine straining my eyes. I sighed and looked around me. It was a VIP hospital room. The IV was attached to my wrist. Then, I was suddenly remembered of the conversation earlier.

Am I alive now?

I started moving a little.

Oww!!

I noticed the cuts and bruises on my arms and legs. Gosh! It hurts so much. Who did this to me?

No, wait! Who is this 'me'? Who am I?

I tried to remember something, anything. But, blank. Nothing came to mind except the thing that I was born again, in another body.

Suddenly, the door opened and a middle-aged woman entered the room. The moment she saw me, her cup of coffee, which she had brought with her earlier fell down. She came running towards me and hugged me.

"Oh! My baby! You woke up, finally. I missed you so much." She said and started pecking all over my face, tears running down her cheeks.

I pushed her and said, "Eww! Who are you? Why are you kissing me? Go away!"

She looked beyond shocked and more tears started flowing down her face. God! Tears are such dirty things. I hate them.

"The doctor said you would suffer memory loss. I was a fool not to believe that." She said and sat down on a chair beside me. I looked at her confused.

"I'm your Mom, Min Soo." She said. 

"Eomma? Your name is Min Soo?" I asked and she looked at me shocked again. I raised my eyebrows. She just shook her head.

"You seem to forget everything. Ok, then. Let me tell you everything." She said. I looked at her suspiciously for a moment then nodded.

"Your name is Yoon Min Soo, the only daughter of your father, Yoon Jae Hyeok. I'm your mother, Kim Na Yeong. You are currently 20 years old and working as an event photographer. You were born on 24th of August 1995. You have a brother, Kim Seok Jin, who was adopted by us. He's 24 years old and the CEO of JinHit Entertainment. We used to live in Daegu but, moved to Seoul because of Seok Jin's work." She said wiping her tears while avoiding my gaze. I just nodded. Then I suddenly got curious and asked,

"How did I get hurt?" 

She looked at me slowly and sighed.

"You went to a birthday party of your not-so-close friend who invited you to take pictures for her party in Pyeongchang on 24th August. When you didn't come home till late, we reported your missing to the police and they found you in a ship deck far away from the party place, injured. You've been unconscious for days. It's 2nd of September today." My eyes grew wide. Why and who would injure this girl? I mean, me..

"I'm so glad you're awake, my baby. I was so worried." She said while caressing my head. I was taken aback. 

"I don't want you to touch me unnecessarily, e-eomma." I said in a rude tone and her hand stopped and was back on her lap.

The door suddenly opened, revealing a green-haired man. He looked as if he was going to fall asleep right then. But, as soon as he laid his eyes on me he looked as if he had saw a ghost.

"Min Soo-yah!" He whispered while standing frozen.

I felt my body and chest aching. A knot formed in my throat and I felt my vision getting blurry. I balled my hands to stop what was going to happen, but no use. My tears had already flown down my face and continued to flow. I didn't know why it happened.

It was as if I didn't want to hear that name from his mouth or I just couldn't stand his sight.

"Who are you?! Get out right now!!" I said angrily in a low tone. He was taken aback. He looked at the lady beside me while she shook her head at him and his eyes widened more than before.

He slowly came towards me and held my fisted hands but, I swatted it away.

"Min Soo, I'll leave you two alone." Mom said and went outside. I looked at her pleadingly to not leave me with this minty but, she was already gone.

That mint-haired guy sat on the spot mom was sitting before and stared at me with his sharp cat-like eyes.

It was like 1 minute and I finally decided to break the silence.

"Are you gonna speak or not?" I said annoyed.

"You, really don't remember anything?" 

"Seriously?! Do I need to open up my brain then show it to you? I don't remember anything, for god's sake." I said and he looked at me with more shock.

"You- you didn't talk like this before!" He said and I rolled my eyes.

"I literally forgot myself and here you are, talking about my behaviour." I said and he hesitantly nodded.

"Then, why did you cry when you saw me?"

You had to ask that question?

"I myself don't know. My tears just flowed itself." He sighed.

"Umm.. I have to tell you something. It's that. We two love, no, loved each other. I guess you forgot your love for me too. And, we're engaged." He said and I nodded.

Like, it's normal for a girl to have a boyfriend.

Then, it hit me. My mouth fell agape.

"Wait, engaged!?? You mean, I'm gonna get married to you?!! You must be joking!! What proof do you have, huh?!" I shouted and he just sighed.

"I understand that it's hard to take in this information but, it's true. Look at your left hand." He said pointing his chin towards my hand and I immediately lifted it up and checked.

And yes. There was a shiny ring on my bruised ring finger.

I guess I have no choice. I chose this life and I have to face it.

"I'm sorry but, I can't really get married to you-" I wasn't even finished when he looked at me with a sad frown, quickly holding both of my hands.

"Please, I'm sorry. Don't do this. Please don't cancel our marriage. I'll do anything. Don't leave me Min Soo-yah, please. I'll be better. Please give a chance to me. To us. Please!" He said while tearing up.

"Mr. Mint. Listen to me first. I can't get married to you 'now'. First, I'll have to get to know you and feel love for you again for you and me to become us. Then we can happily get married." I said while holding his hands reassuringly and he smiled showing his gummy smile.

"Thank you so much, Min Soo. And it's not Mr. Mint. It's Min Yoongi. 23 years old." He said slightly blushing reaching out his hand for a hand shake and I gladly accepted.

I tried pulling my hand away since it was already a while, but he seemed to hold my hand tightly.

"Yoongi." I called but, he continued staring at me.

"MIN YOONGI!!" I shouted and he flinched and let go of our hands. I was curious of something, so I asked him.

"How did we meet and you know, umm, fell in love?"

"I'm a singer and producer. I work in your brother's company. As much as I heard, you were a big fan of mine. So, Jin decided to introduce us. We both liked each other. As things developed between us, our families decided to marry us. We were...relationship goals." He said staring into space with a sad smile. For a moment, I felt bad for taking Min Soo's body.

Yoongi's phone rang out of the blue and he excused himself and picked it up.

"Yes, hyung... Yeah... Yeah, you can... No, I was just leaving..... Hm... Yeah, I ate my food... I slept well too... Yes, I saw that.. Yup, I kissed Min S- Aish!! Hyuuung!! Stob it! Hang up!!" He ended the call while blushing. Was he talking to a wind shield wiper? Because I heard some noises that sounded exactly like that.

"Min Soo. You'll have a new visitor. Your brother will come by to see you. And I have your phone," he said searching inside his jeans pocket, "Here." He said handing Min Soo's phone to me.

Uhm.. 'my' phone.. I guess it'll take time to get used to that name being mine.

I took the phone from his hands and immediately, my expression into a disgusted one.

"Yuck!! What's this!? This phone cover is so childish." I said looking at the phone cover where some cartoons were clinging to each other.

Yoongi looked at me with disbelief.

"We bought it on our first date. You literally cried for me to buy this for you." He said and I just clicked my tongue and took out the cover and gave it to him.

This Min Soo girl seems to have a total opposite personality of me. Well, I guess, I have to manage.

We talked for a few minutes, then Yoongi took his leave not forgetting to ask for permission to kiss my hand, to which I hesitantly agreed.

After he left, I just sat there thinking about my future. I didn't care about Min Soo's past because, that was for another person.

But, where is the actual Yoon Min Soo? Is she dead? Was it because of me? It's not like I care but, I have an uneasy feeling for this.

Someone knocked on my door and I just hummed.

A very handsome, young and tall man came into the room with big packets of what seemed like snacks in both of his hands.

I just stared at him in awe. He looked so cool!

He smiled when he saw me and put the things he brought with him on a chair and waved at me.

I awkwardly smiled and just bowed my head.

"Min Soo-yah! I'm your one and only brother, Kim Seok Jin. You can call me Jin because it's cool. Well, I won't have any problem, even if you called me Worldwide Handsome basing on my looks." He blabbered at once, cupping his cheeks cutely at the end.

"So full of yourself, I see. But, I just want to puke looking at your face. Sorry not sorry." I said teasing him a little. His expression became bewildered.

"First, it's oppa for you. And second, WHAAAT!!?? My old Min Soo never talked to me like this. I guess I have to disown you." He said dramatically clutching his shirt at his chest and pouting.

"Aww! Is little princess angry? I'm sorry, oppa. You are really handsome. I was just playing a little." His expression immediately changed into a happy ones.

"Of course, who else will praise me except my sweet little sister. Plus, I'm not a princess. I'm more like a prince." He said chuckling and took out some snacks and tried feeding it to me, which I gladly accepted.

We talked for about an hour, before he left because of work. I don't know why, but I easily seemed to click with him.

Maybe, it's because Min Soo's body automatically recognises her brother.

Was it this case too when I cried seeing Yoongi?

Whatever, I can't think so much. Ah! I got tired because of so much thinking. I'll just sleep.

With that I quickly laid down, and went into a deep slumber.

————————————————————————————————————————————————

"The people I met first showed true love towards me. But there, I took the person away from them for whom that love really was for."