4-Promise

Secret.

Heejin couldn´t hide the smile on her face when they got out of the bathroom, mostly because she once again had Hyunjin all for herself but also because she knew how angry that would make Yoojung. Hyunjin was too busy making sure Heejin didn´t trip over something to notice the bratty smile on the brunette’s pink lips but what she did not miss what Hansol’s disappointed face, he wasn’t trying to cover it anyway and that just made things a hundred times better for Hyunjin. There was no way she would let him put a single hand over Heejin and both of them knew it, Hansol knew it was always going to be a battlefield around Hyunjin he just didn’t expect to lose most of the fights. Jungeun laughed as soon as she watched Heejin’s comfortable smile resting against Hyunjin’s shoulder, she knew they missed each other but were too dumb to say it out loud.

-You can go now Hansol, we don’t need you around- Hyunjin said with a smirk on her face and her chin up, a part of her was sad for dropping the perfect chance to punch his nose.

-I didn’t come here with you so you’re not the one to te…-Hansol took a step forward and Hyunjin only tightened her hold around Heejin’s waist.

-I’m going home with Hyun tonight oppa-Heejin softly said with her head almost buried against Hyunjin’s chest-I don’t want you to lose your nose- Hyunjin laughed at that and looked down to meet Heejin´s smile

-Is that what you needed? - Hyunjin mocked while her hand slowly caressed her friend’s locks.

Hansol furrowed his eyebrows even more and mummed something under his breath but Hyunjin wasn’t paying enough attention to catch it anyway, she laughed at the sight of the boy leaving the bar with long heavy steps, Hansol wasn´t the first boy she blocked from Heejin and he surely wasn’t going to be the last one. A small hand on her shoulder made her look back just to remember Yoojung was there with them, the smaller girl seemed a little pissed but wasn’t as angry as Hansol about the sudden change on her plans, Hyunjin loosened her grip around Heejin just to completely turn around to meet the girl who was still wearing her coat. Hyunjin couldn´t help the smile that reached her lips when she noticed how big her cloths looked on Yoojung.

-I can drive you-Yoojung offered with a soft smile- I don’t want you to catch a cold for walking around this late at night.- this time it was Heejin’s turn to huff, Yoojung´s smile widen.

-That would be g…-Hyunjin started only to be interrupted when Heejin pulled the tips of her shirt.

-We’re walking but thank you Yoojung-Heejin said looking directly to Yoojung´s brown eyes, Hyunjin furrowed her eyebrows as she looked between both girls. She realized they needed to go before she was caught in the middle of a war.

-Maybe some other time then Unnie- Hyunjin smiled trying to make the tension go by pulling Yoojung’s attention to her once again- I had fun tonight, I was great meeting you again.

-I had fun too Hyun-Yoojung admitted while starting to take off the coat that Hyunjin putted on her earlier.-Thanks for this by the way, I was really freezing.

-Keep it, that way I can assure you´re going to call me one of this days- Hyunjin smiled widely with one eyebrows lifted, Yoojung´s cheeks blushed and Hyunjin almost lean to kiss them at the sight. It was pointless to deny it, she still had a weak spot for the dancer.

-Well Sooyoung look at that, the aeong girl knows how to flirt- Jinsoul laughed making Hyunjin blush even harder than Yoojung, Heejin took the sudden interruption to pull Hyunjin once again against her almost in a protective position taking Hyunjin´s attention back to her and only her.

-I’m tired Hyun-She mummed with a pout, Hyunjin felt her heart jump.

Hyunjin didn´t like it when Heejin drank that much but it had its pros, and how spoiled and clingy the girl gets its Hyunjin’s favorite one especially now that they didn’t have much physical moments in the last weeks. Heejin wasn’t even trying to cover how much she missed Hyunjin’s attention anymore, she just allowed herself to enjoy how safe Hyunjin’s arms around her make her feel and how her hand slowly rubbed circles on her back to hold her against her, like Heejin was willing to move anyway. Yoojung on the other hand wasn’t enjoying the little scene at all, she knew exactly what Heejin was doing. The med student knew how to push her friend’s buttons but so did she. Yoojung had to hold a laugh while thinking how interesting the old fights would get now they’re grownups, Heejin didn’t seemed to had new guns to bring on the table but Yoojung knew she was a solid rival and that just made her want Hyunjin even more.

-Thanks for the drinks Sooyoungie-Hyunjin mocked with a laugh ready to go, Sooyoung was too distracted with her drunk mess girlfriend to listen. She smiled Jinsoul and Jungeun as a goodbye before turning once again to meet her ex, as she leaned to kiss the girl’s cheek a hand pull the back of her jacket keeping her still.

-I can still go with Hansol, don’t tease me- Heejin said under her breath making Hyunjin just laugh and softly nob.

-Text me when you get home-Yoojung asked before leaning herself to kiss Hyunjin’s cheek, the soccer player almost melt when she noticed how the girl needed to tiptoe to reach her cheek- See you around Heejin.

Before the chat could become any longer Heejin almost drag Hyunjin out of the bar, she hated being challenged especially when it was an old rival. It had being a while since Hyunjin had a former girlfriend so Heejin wasn’t actually used to having to share the taller girl but she knew getting girlfriends wasn’t much of a problem for her best friend. Heejin could see how the girls looked at Hyunjin during her matches and even during the practices, she had even overheard a few girls chatting about how hot Hyunjin’s abds were in her chemistry class days before, she had to control herself when she got back to the dorm to not throw every single one of Hyunjin’s tops to the nearest trashcan. Hyunjin noticed that Heejin was mad with a single look, her lips were pouty and her eyebrows furrowed while she crossed her arms against her chest, adorable was the only thought that Hyunjin’s brain could made at that moment.

She tried to reach Heejin’s hand but the girl moved away and started walking in front of her for a few steps so Hyunjin just let her be for a few minutes, keeping a short distance behind Heejin just to make sure she didn’t lost her in the middle of the street she laughed at out when the younger girl turned around and didn´t see her on the street while Hyunjin was standing just a few meters away behind an old men, she noticed the pure fear on Heejin’s eyes and decided they had had enough on the little tantrum so we a smirk she repaired right in front of Heejin  who had to bite her lip for not smiling at her. Hyunjin reached her hand in silence and stood on the edge on the sideway waiting for the light to turn green, Heejin intertwined her fingers before lifting their hands to kiss Hyunjin’s hand softly. She missed this, the familiar warm feeling that take over her chest when Hyunjin’s around.

-Did you really think I’m capable of letting you on your own like this?-Hyunjin laughed while looking at Heejin’s warm eyes.

-I don’t know maybe I thought you ran back to the bar to be all over Yoojung again-Heejin said with her eyebrows furrowed at the thought, Hyunjin giggled and kissed the space between Heejin’s eyebrows.

-I wasn’t all over her bunny, you need to stop listening to Jungeun.-Hyunjin started walking once again still holding Heejin’s hand tightly- I’m really sorry for earlier Heejin- Her voice came out almost as a whisper with her eyes focused on the floor.

-It’s okay, I’m sorry for calling you idiot- Heejin lifted her shoulders slowly ready to forget the little fight even when it was all she thought about while being on her boring date with Hansol.

Heejin wasn’t much of a fan of expensive dates and yet somehow she always dated guys who putted more effort on showing how much is on their bank account than their actual charms, she wasn’t interested in money, she had enough for herself to afford all those luxury restaurants and the Italian cars. Maybe that was the reason she was so head over hills for Hyunjin, Hyunjin never cared about what Heejin could gave her she just was there for her every time the girl called and that was much better than a million dollars for Heejin. The soccer player decided to take the long way home when she got them through the park but Heejin wasn´t going to complain anyway, the more they spent together the better but after a few more minutes she was starting to get really tired, Hyunjin made her realize how out of shape she actually was because the taller girl seemed completely unbothered by the walk.

-Hyun…-Heejin said slowly, Hyunjin just hummed as an answer-now I am tired for real.-she yawned and Hyunjin couldn’t help but laugh at her.

-You’re such a baby-Hyunjin laughed but Heejin didn´t have enough energy to fight her back-Let´s go, I’ll call a cap.

Heejin took a seat on the first restaurant she saw when they reached the street, her head was still spinning for all the shots she took making her regret her decisions knowing tomorrow she was going to have to deal with a lethal hangover. Hyunjin got the cap for them faster than what Heejin thought and almost as soon as they got into the car the med student fell asleep against Hyunjin´s shoulder making the ride completely quiet, by the time they reached the campus Hyunjin almost felt sorry for having to wake her up but right after she did a loud laugh left when she noticed the girl seemed to be even more wasted than before now she´s got some sleep. Hyunjin didn´t even let her ask for it, she just let her jump to her back ready to be carry to their room as she promised. Heejin was light and the weight was not much of a bother for someone who’s as athletic as Hyunjin, what actually bother her was the tip of Heejin’s cold nose caressing her neck softly mixed with her warm breath. All those days away seemed to make her feel even more the little touches and Hyunjin wasn´t able to decide if it was good or bad but she didn´t have to wait longer to find out when Heejin´s lips softly kissed her pulse point, Hyunjin almost drop her to the floor at the sudden feeling.

-What are…hum…-Hyunjin started and her voice actually sounded panicked this time.

-Maybe if I make a hickey all those stupid girls will stop talking about you and your stupid abds-Heejin said with her eyebrows furrowed, Hyunjin felt her heat beat faster than never before.

-You can´t d…-Hyunjin froze when Heejin kissed her neck again, she had to bite her lip to stop a groan when Heejin´s teeth took the warm skin.-Heejin stop that…

Heejin only laughed quietly against her skin and kissed the skin again this time letting the tip of her tongue taste the point under Hyunjin´s ear, the taller girl groaned this time without being much interested in covering the effects of the contact on her body. For the first time in all those years Heejin didn’t felt able to control her actions, maybe it was the jealousy taking over her. Hyunjin had to focus on not letting the girl on her back fall as she walked down the hallway with shaky legs. She repeat herself even when she wanted, and pretty much needed the contact she’ll just put Heejin on her own bed and then take a long cold shower before sleeping. That wasn´t new for her anyway.

-Hyunjin unnie- Lia called from the other side of the hallway making Hyunjin jump and almost lost her balance, Hyunjin had to force a smile as a greeting.

-Hey Lia- Her voice came out shaky and Heejin giggled on her back burring her face on the neck of the girl carrying her.   

-Yeji is throwing a party, maybe you’d like to come with me and Ryu…-Lia started but stopped when Heejin looked right at her.

-For sakes, I’m all over her and you still have the guts to ask her out?- Heejin spitted tightening her grip around Hyunjin´s body, Hyunjin felt truly sorry for Lia who seemed confused and now extremely blushed.

-I… I’m kind of busy right now Lia, have fun- Hyunjin said quietly before turning around and entering to their room’s hallway.

Hyunjin steps became longer and faster as she walked both of them through the hallway, right before she could let Heejin on the floor to look for the keys on her pocket the girl bite her neck once again, this time hard enough to make Hyunjin groan loudly. The taller girl left Heejin on the floor before turning back to face her, right in front of her was a Heejin she´d never seen before with her hazel eyes darker and her lips slightly open as she heavy breathed through them. Hyunjin closed her hand harder around the keys to avoid closing the distance and touch Heejin, she felt like she should say something but the words coming to her mind were exactly the correct ones to end the tension floating around them.

-Open the door already unnie- Heejin said, her waspy voice made Hyunjin’s stomach sink.

Hyunjin just hummed and opened the door as the younger asked, she felt her hands shake as she quickly closed the door behind her seconds after they got into their room. Hyunjin felt like the air was thicker and harder to breath when Heejin took off her coat and dropped it to the floor looking only at her like there wasn’t a single other thing around them but when she took a step closer Hyunjin knew she had to do what was better for them as friends than for her as a girl so her hand landed on Heejin´s shoulder softly keeping her still.

-Stop that, you’re dunk- Hyunjin remembered, Heejin smirked at her and tried to take a step closer just to be stopped once again- Go shower.

-Unnie-Heejin hummed looking at Hyunjin like a little pout, Hyunjin took a deep breath-It’s dangerous if I shower al…

-Hell ing no Jeon Heejin-Hyunjin quickly interrupted her making all the distance she could from the younger one- Stop that y voice and go shower already, here take this-her hands shakily reached the side of Heejin´s closet and throw her a hoodie and a pair of shorts.

Heejin almost looked sad when Hyunjin had enough strength to look back at her as the younger girl picked the cloths from the floor, Hyunjin regretted throwing the clothes at her as soon as she watched the little pout on the girl’s lips while lowering herself to pick the hoodie before dragging herself to the bathroom in silence. Hyunjin had to seat on the edge of Heejin’s bed to take a long deep breath, her fingers slowly caressing the sensitive skin of her neck. She wished there wasn’t an actual mark on the spot Heejin decided to bite, there wasn’t going to be a way of covering it while wearing her soccer uniform and taking in consideration she had to wear it almost every day on the week. A dark big hickey would be a problem.

She cursed at herself for being so affected by the girl but it wasn’t like she could help it anyway, that was the first non-innocent contact she had had with Heejin, and the fact that the med student started it made Hyunjin felt even dizzier. She walked through the room to get herself a cold glass of water and anything for Heejin to eat, she felt like it wasn’t a good idea to let empty for longer that night so she just took a few chips from the cabinets and throw them into a bowl just in case she needed to distract Heejin again. By the time Heejin came out of the bathroom Hyunjin was already on her pajamas seating on the couch with her eyes glued to the screen.

-Unnie, I don’t want this sweater- Heejin said and without actually watching her Hyunjin knew she was pouting.

-What do you mean? You always sleep with that one- Hyunjin answered without looking at her.

It wasn’t like she was ignoring the girl, she just didn’t felt sure of being capable of seeing Heejin’s in that moment. She heard the closet door open and a second later the blue sweater landed on the top of her head making her laugh but also think about Heejin with a torso right on her back, she cursed again.

-This one is better, can we sleep now Hyun?-Heejin softly said but Hyunjin didn’t turn back to see her, she actually didn’t even make a noise.

-If I turn around I’ll not see you , right? - Hyunjin said unsure of what to expect, Heejin laughed loudly.

-I’m wearing shorts and one of your sweater dummy, now can you stop being a baby and come sleep? - Heejin laughed when Hyunjin turned around with her eyes barely open like kids when they watch horror scenes.

Hyunjin laughed just because Heejin was too while she stood from the couch, she turned off the screen and slowly made her way to Heejin with a soft smile on her face. Heejin wrapped herself on one of Hyunjin’s old sweaters, it was just a little bit bigger on her than on Hyunjin but that was enough to make the soccer player melt. Heejin placed herself on her bed leaving enough space on the mattress for Hyunjin to lay next to her, the taller girl reached a blanket from her own bed knowing Heejin adored the smell of her fabric softener to put it over Heejin and herself. The med student cuddled against Hyunjin´s side but this time there wasn´t kisses or bites for Hyunjin´s sake.

With a soft kiss on her forehead Heejin yawned against the fabric of Hyunjin´s t-shirt, she didn’t care about how small the bed was to hold two people at once, she felt nothing but comfortable next to Hyunjin now the girl relaxed against her and started playing her hair slowly making Heejin feel even sleepier. The shower actually helped her and now she felt a little bit more sober, the disadvantage of that was that meant she would starting thinking about the things she tried to avoid during the past few days, especially since all those things were mostly about the girl holding her to sleep. Hyunjin realized how tired she actually was right after she realized the problematic Heejin was gone, so she just allowed herself to enjoy the innocent feeling on an arm hugging her waist while the smell of shampoo reached her senses from Heejin’s hair right next to her. She was almost asleep when Heejin softly called her name, almost as she was scared to wake her up.

-Yes bunny? –Hyunjin hummed hugging Heejin tighter by pure habit.

-Are you going back with Yoojung? –Heejin whispered with her face against Hyunjin’s chest, the taller girl thought about the right answer for such a question for a few seconds.

-I don’t know that yet –she admitted, there was no point on lying to her roommate anyway. - You’ll be the first to know if that happens. - Heejin didn’t make a single noise for a few minutes and Hyunjin thought she just fell asleep.

-This thing that’s being bothering you…-Heejin started only to be quickly cut by Hyunjin, the taller girl reached her chin and with a soft gesture she pushed her head up making their eyes met.

-You don’t have to worry about that, it’s nothing serious so don’t stress yourself for me-Hyunjin promised, her index slowly rubbing circles on Heejin’s cheek- When I’m ready to talk about it, I’ll tell you, okay bunny?

-Yes…-Heejin weakly answered feeling her cheeks burn when Hyunjin kissed the tip of her nose.

-Earlier on the bar you said something about me and Hansol and I can’t stop thinking about it- Hyunjin said taking a few inches on distance from Heejin just to have a better sight of the girl´s face- Do you really think I’m like those boys who take drunk girls and…

-I know you’re not-Heejin interrupted, angry at herself for saying something like that.- You’re the most careful and delicate person I know, I’m sorry for saying that about you Hyun.

-It’s okay bunny, I kind of deserved it- Hyunjin laughed just to make it sound easier but the true was that the comment hit a button inside her.

-I missed you Hyun-Heejin admitted with a whisper and Hyunjin laughs ended but now a wide smile painted her face.-Don’t ignore me again, please.

Hyunjin felt her chest ache, Heejin looked sincerely hurt and that almost push her to the point of crying. With a quick move her arms pulled Heejin to place her on top on her just to hold her even harder as she buried her face on the side of the younger’s neck, Heejin giggled and just wrapped her arms around Hyunjin´s body too just to feel the soft pair of lips kiss her cheek a few times.

-I’ll make it up to you- Hyunjin promised caressing Heejin’s back. - What do you want?

But Heejin didn’t have to think much about it, she already knew exactly what she wanted.

-Let’s just stay here tomorrow or go out, but just us. It that okay? - Heejin whispered ashamed of her own wish.

-That´s perfect Bunny- Hyunjin smiled widely and kissed the girl´s cheek before a yawn interrupted her next words, Heejin smiled back and placed her head once again against Hyunjin’s chest whispering a soft goodnight for her roommate.

Heejin was the first one to fall asleep but for Hyunjin wasn't such an easy work, she wondered how Heejin seemed so unbothered over her chest while she felt like her heart was ready to runaway through as she thought about the dark look on the younger's eyes. A part of her wished the next morning Heejin's memory went blurry so they didn't have to face their actions and having a chance of making things awkward for both of them. Her chest shook a little in a laugh when her mind brought back the blushed face of the poor Lia in the middle of the hallway, she was just planning her apologize speech before she realized she also needed a plan for Heejin. She knew her friend wasn't too hard to please but Hyunjin always tried her best to make Heejin's days better, especially when she's around and tomorrow she was going to be the only one around.

She didn't know what time it was when she fell completely asleep still under Heejin's warm body but she didn't actually care, Sundays were her free days from practice and she could just jump her gym session for a day. That meant she could stay in bed as long as she pleased and when she knew Heejin came included to her lazy day it only made things better for the soccer player. A soft knock on the door was the responsible of waking Hyunjin the next morning, with a groan she softly unwrapped her arms from Heejin making sure the sudden movement didn't wake the girl up yet, she didn't want her to be tired and hangover at the same time. Hyunjin opened the door with her eyes barely open just to almost choke when the first thing she saw was a shy Yoojung standing right in front on her.  Hyunjin noticed how her coat was on the girl's hand carefully folded, her fingers rushed to her head trying to make her hair look a little more decent and Yoojung just laughed at her surprise, it wasn't like she hadn't seen her like that before anyway.

-Morning’ Hyunjin-ah-Yoojung smiled- I'm sorry for waking you up.

-It's…It doesn't matter unnie-Hyunjin said closing the door behind her to make sure their conversation didn't bother Heejin.- What brings you around?

-I thought we could go eat a late breakfast, Is that okay?-Yoojung mumbled and Hyunjin smiled just by the sight, Yoojung was one of the most adorable girls she knew and looking at her pout and being all shy for her made her stomach tickle a little.

-I'll go dress up, but it has to be quick unnie, i have a few things to do today. -Hyunjin said taking her coat from Yoojung's hands- Thanks for bringing me this, I'll be back in a second.

Yoojung nodded and her wide gummy smile was the last thing Hyunjin saw before going in to her room once again, her eyes landed on Heejin how was still deep asleep and prayed to every holy thing she knew to make her sleep until she came back. She promised a whole day with her and she knew that if she wasn't there when Heejin wake up just because she was eating with Yoojung the most probable result would be another fight and Hyunjin was done fighting with Heejin. Ten minutes after with her hair tied on a quick ponytail and a pair of jogger and a simple top on she decided taking a quick breakfast was a risk she was willing to take also she could buy Heejin something while she was out, Hyunjin wrote a quick note and paste it on the wall right in front of the bed so Heejin could see it easily in case her time out was longer than what she expected. She leaned a little just to kiss the younger's hair and finally leave the room to meet an excited Yoojung waiting for her on the hallway. For the first time in a long time, Hyunjin felt like Heejin wasn't her only need.

But time wasn’t going to last long to proof her wrong.