Anniversary. (EXTRA)

Secret.

Hyunjin took a step back with a wide smile curling her lips as she dried her hands with a kitchen towel, after spending an almost ridiculous amount of time in front of the oven the dinner she’s been planning for nearly a week was finally completed and she just couldn’t hide how proud of herself she was. Hyunjin wasn’t that much of a cooker but that night was something different, she wanted to get the best reaction possible and in order to get that she made sure everything was perfect before starting the second phase of her plan. Throwing the towel to a side her heels clicked against the floor as her steps drove her to the wide living room of her home, Hyunjin had to admit at first the place seemed way too big for only two persons but time didn’t wait much to make her love it as much as the other two girls living under that roof.

-Miyeon!-Hyunjin called standing beside the sofa, she waited for a moment before calling again-Yah princess, we’re going to be late!

Hyunjin giggled when she heard the voice coming from the hallway, Miyeon never failed to make her the happiest person on earth even with something as simple as talking to her. Hyunjin knew there wasn’t a love that could top the one that filled her chest every time she was with her daughter who then appeared in front of her with a pink dress and a stuffed blue stitch pressed against her little torso almost covering it completely, neither Hyunjin or her wife wanted her to grow too fast since the first four years seemed to be going quicker than what they thought it would. Miyeon still had her blanket wrapped around her shoulders as she almost ran to her mother with a wide smile on her little mouth, sometimes Hyunjin found herself surprised about how much the little kid and her wife looked alike, the same dark heavy hair and bright eyes. Both of them seemed to light a room with a single smile, at least for Hyunjin it worked like that.

-We’re going to pick mommy up, okay?-Hyunjin smiled lowering herself a little only to take the kid between her arms to kiss her cheek softly a few times.-Are you hungry?

-Can I eat cake now?-Miyeon asked wrapping her tiny arms around her mother’s warm neck.

-After dinner, I promise-Hyunjin giggled softly pulling the tip of the kid’s nose-Now let’s go for mommy, she must miss you a lot already.

-I miss her too.

Hyunjin’s chest filled with something that she still couldn’t find a way to describe with words when her eyes caught the little pout on her daughter’s pink lips, Miyeon had being copying Heejin’s gestures more than what she does with Hyunjin but it wasn’t like the other woman actually took it into consideration since all she could think about in moments like those were how somebody so tiny was able to bring so much joy into the life of other people. After the wedding there weren’t much moments Hyunjin could consider as bitter but even when there were only a few they all seemed to disappear after Miyeon came into the frame with her innocence and pureness.

Hyunjin had being planning that night for almost a whole month even when she knew Heejin wanted to keep it as simple as possible; the taller couldn’t actually blame her for it, after a ten hours shift nobody would have energy to go out anyway. Heejin’s schedules weren’t always as she wanted them to be in order to spent more time at home, after finishing med school she learned to deal with those kind of endless shifts but after having Miyeon being away of her family was harder than spending a single night away from her wife. The night was cold enough to make the doctor push her hands inside her coat making her fingers touch what was about to be her wife’s anniversary gift, after five years being together as a married couple Heejin still felt the same flattering feeling on her heart every time Hyunjin was around.

Heejin couldn’t say many things had changed since they got together years back, of course growing up made them more mature and way calmer since their energy seemed to disappear faster than before. If it wasn’t for Miyeon Heejin could bet all her wife and her would do on a day was lying on the bed watching any movie Hyunjin wanted to just because Heejin always let her choose, having a kid was one of those things that changed the way somebody sees the world and for Heejin and Hyunjin wasn’t different at all. The first months were chaotic to the point Hyunjin panicked almost daily leaving Heejin to calm not only a baby but also her wife, which became a joke only when Miyeon was four months old and Hyunjin felt capable enough to keep another human being alive. Heejin would still for it from time to time even when then she was the one who spent more time with the little kid since her work didn’t need that much hours as Heejin’s, who took the figure of authority for Miyeon since Hyunjin rarely had heart enough to say no to her daughter’s requests even if they meant sneak out their bed to fry dinosaurs shaped nuggets at midnight. Heejin’s lips curled into a wide smile when her eyes spotted her daughter coming closer with her hand being held by Hyunjin’s, the doctor was glad she decided to pack some clothes to leave the hospital because otherwise she would have to face her wife’s outfit with a simple surgical uniform.

-Mommy!-Miyeon screamed being only steps away from her other mother who kneeled to receive her between her arms in a tight hug.

-Hello angel-Heejin laughed kissing the top of the kid’s head before turning to smile at her wife.

-Sorry for the wait bunny-Hyunjin said leaning to peck Heejin’s lips softly, Time still couldn’t erase the nickname or her way to be slightly late for almost everything. Heejin thought both were adorable. –Miyeon helped with the dinner today.

-Yes mommy!-The kid clapped on her mother’s arms with a wide smile-I tasted the cake mix so mommy Hyun knew it was yummy.

Hyunjin giggled when she saw how excited her daughter was about it and hearing Heejin laugh at the news as well. Heejin’s hands reached for Hyunjin’s as she kept the kid on one arm, she felt Miyeon’s little nose tickle her neck as she buried her face on her mother’s shoulder only to hug her tighter as her fingers played with the tips of her hair. By a single look Heejin could tell all her suspicions were right about Hyunjin making an extra effort that night even when they already planned something for the weekend, the taller had a smirk on her lips and that playful brightness on her gaze telling her wife all she needed to know about their night without a single word, Heejin was glad she took the time to at least by the gifts days behind so she doesn’t end up feeling guilty about it like the past year. Hyunjin’s hand landed on her wife’s leg as soon as their way home started, she didn’t say it much but she actually found herself missing her as much as their kid did when she was at work. Their friends would joke about how attached the two of them still were, almost like teenagers but neither of them would want it any other way.

-What did you cook for dinner?-Heejin asked holding Hyunjin’s hand between hers.

-It’s a surprise-Hyunjin smiled take her eyes from the road for a second to look at her wife’s side- I spent the whole day watching Food network to pick something; I’m almost a chef already.

-She made chicken!-Miyeon said from the back as she clapped a few times before going back to playing with her stuffed toy.

-Guess it’s not much of a secret now-Hyunjin giggled looking at her kid from the rearview hearing Heejin’s laugh before a pair of lips reached her cheek.

Hyunjin seemed to be even more clingy than usual that night as her arms wrapped Heejin’s waist from the back once they got into their building’s elevator but it wasn’t like Heejin didn’t enjoy the extra attention she was getting. Heejin loved how despite all those years together Hyunjin still didn’t lose a chance to make her feel loved, she knew she was being way too spoiled by the taller who was kissing her cheek softly as their kid talked about her day on the kindergarten with words that sometimes were hard to understand since she was still learning to manage a few sounds.

Walking into their house made the doctor’s smile widen just by the sight of heart drawings colored without any order making her know her daughter was the one with the idea to paste a few of them on the wall. Hyunjin took her coat and the kid’s to hang them beside the door before taking her wife’s hand to drive her to the dining room where a table with a few candles on it was already waiting for them to seat down and enjoy the homemade meal, Hyunjin knew all her effort was worth it when she spotted the excitement shinning inside Heejin’s eyes not to mention the soft kiss that was placed over her lips as a silent thankful gesture.

-I’ll help you with the plates-Heejin said as her hand caressed the back of Hyunjin’s neck slowly.

-No, you won’t-Hyunjin giggled leaning to kiss her lips once again- Miyeon and I have everything covered for tonight, right princess?

-Yes mommy-The kid nodded as she seated her toy on one of the chairs.

-I’ll go warm up the food, Miyeon and you can go watch TV for a while-Hyunjin suggested taking a step back to smile at her kid widely-Watch mommy for me for a second, okay? I’ll bring you some juice-she then turned to meet once again her wife’s gaze filled with affection-And I brought wine for you too so wait a minute.

Heejin saw how the taller figure walked to the kitchen with a wide smile placed on her lips, she already knew her lips were about to stay like that for rest of her night before finally going to sleep, which wasn’t on the top of her priorities when she saw her wife taking a sip of a glass filled with red wine before handing her one with Miyeon’s juice box. Of course Hyunjin wasn’t going to lose the chance to kiss her once again before walking back to the kitchen, she’s heard about couples who spotted being attracted to each other after the first two years of marriage but if anything she was only falling harder for the woman seating on the coach with her daughter on her legs. Hyunjin had to admit that at first she was a little scared to marry Heejin, after a few break ups during college and other little problems she knew she was responsible for she thought marring Heejin wasn’t the best option for a while. Not because she didn’t love her but because she started wondering if she was the right person to make her happy, or if she was capable to be there as Heejin needed her to be as a wife. The shadow of a smile curved Hyunjin’s lips as she remembered how nervous she was the night before the wedding, now it seemed funny since she already knew there was nothing to worry about.

-What’s so funny?-Heejin hummed behind her wrapping her arms around Hyunjin’s waist and resting her chin on her shoulder.

-Do you remember how I panicked at our rehearsal dinner?-Hyunjin chuckled as she cut small pieces of chicken for their daughter.-Jiyoung almost slap me for being a coward, thanks god Haseul was there.

-I wanted to slap you a little too-Heejin admitted laughing against Hyunjin’s neck-I’m glad I didn’t and decided to persuade you instead.

-I’m glad you did too-Hyunjin laughed turning around to wrap one of her arms around Heejin’s waist-Do you want more wine?-Heejin shook her head softly before leaning to trap her wife’s lips on a deep kiss that lasted way too little for their liking when they heard Miyeon calling from the living room- go seat, I’ll take the food on a second-Hyunjin promised with a smile.

Miyeon was probably the happiest kid on earth when she saw the plates finally arriving the table a few minutes after, Hyunjin then knew she should have probably gave her a little something to eat before just in case she had begun hungry for a while but she was also really happy to know the kid was enjoying the food just as Heejin did seating between them on the edge of the table. Heejin didn’t seem too tired neither for somebody who spent the whole day on the emergency department on one of the biggest hospital around but Hyunjin could bet she was just probably distracting herself not to let her down and just going directly to bed without even having dinner before like Hyunjin could actually get angry if she did anything like that. Heejin offered to do the dishes as Hyunjin took the challenge to get Miyeon to sleep hoping that she could do it before her wife fell asleep as well on the coach where she left her with an almost empty glass of wine on her hand, if wouldn’t be the first time that it happened anyway and it was starting to become almost a joke between them, especially when one found the other sleeping on places that weren’t exactly comfortable like the floor or the kitchen table.

Hyunjin’s chest filled with childish excitement when her eyes spotted her wife still wide awake on the coach with her eyes over the TV screen before being aware of the figure a few steps away from her who was welcomed between her arms with warm smile and soft kisses on her lips. Hyunjin decided to rest her head on Heejin’s chest for a moment hearing how the girl’s heart beating under her ear going a little faster every time her fingertips traced her sides under the light yellow blouse as Heejin’s fingers massaged her scalp without any kind of rush. That was probably one of Heejin’s favorite parts of the day, the complete calm that filled her when she was with Hyunjin after being the whole day on what she considered was a war zone.

-We missed you a lot today-Hyunjin hummed with her eyes closed, smiling when she felt the lips kissing the tip of her nose.

-I miss you two a lot as well-Heejin admitted almost in a whisper- Thanks for the dinner and for the gift and for…

-Being really pretty?-Hyunjin joked making the younger laugh under her.

-Yes for being really pretty too-Heejin chuckled pinching the girl’s side a little just enough to make her open her eyes with a frown that didn’t last long when she met the hazel eyes looking down at her- Are you sure Miyeon is asleep already?-Heejin said softly caressing the girl’s cheek with her fingertips to reach her jaw with the same fluent movement.

Hyunjin nodded looking deep into her wife’s orbs already knowing the meaning behind those words, her stomach tickled when her thoughts were confirmed by a deep kiss that caught her out of guard for a second before her hands cupped Heejin’s sharp jaw as well. Hyunjin couldn’t help with groan when nails ran across her stomach despite it wasn’t as toned as it used to be when they started dating Heejin still loved doing it especially when it got her that type of reactions from her wife. The air got thicker for both of them when Heejin pushed Hyunjin down on a swift move without giving her time to complain before taking her lip between hers almost roughly, but it wasn’t like Hyunjin was going to say anything to stop her anyway, after all it’s being a while since the last time they did anything like that and Heejin was getting a little too into it when her hand reached Hyunjin’s neck to choke her slightly.

-We’re going to have so mu…-Heejin whispered against her wife’s lips before jumping back falling to the ground on the process.

Hyunjin chocked with her own saliva when she heard her daughter calling for her from the hallway, Heejin pouted as she stood up with her hands caressing her back on an attempt to wash the light pain from the fall. Hyunjin wasn’t any happier than her with the sudden cut of their plans but it wasn’t anything they didn’t know how to manage, she couldn’t help the chuckle that escaped between her lips when she noticed the gaze on her wife’s now darkened eyes, the gaze that nagged her a little for not making sure the kid was well asleep before going out her room. When Hyunjin leaned to peck the little pout on her wife’s lips all she got was a cheek to put her lips.

-Go with her, I’ll turn off the lights-Heejin said giggling a softly.

-Please don’t fall asleep-Hyunjin asked with her eyebrows furrowed.

-I’ll wait wide awake.-Heejin promised with a smile before leaning to give her a swift peck before taking a step back to let her walk to their kid.

Hyunjin had to take a deep breath before opening Miyeon’s door only to find the little kid seating on the middle of her bed with tears on her cheek and a little pout over her lips, she felt her chest ache a little at the sight even when she knew it was all because of a bad dream, she seated beside the small body who immediately claimed to her lap before leaning back to end up laying on her torso. On the living room Heejin picked the two empty glasses and the half full wine bottle over the table before taking them to the kitchen as start turning off the lights of her home. A smile curled her lips as soon as she thought about the adoration on her wife’s gaze only seconds ago, if somebody had told that her life would end up like that years behind she wouldn’t probably had believed. Heejin liked going back from time to time only to remember moments as simples as the first time Hyunjin kissed her or Miyeon’s first words, two moments that changed her life in ways she couldn’t explain. Heejin decided she waited enough for her wife to come to their room when she started feeling sleepy, her steps echoed against the deep silent floating on the department until reaching her daughter’s door.

The picture inside the room made Heejin’s heart warm up immediately, on the small bed Hyunjin’s body seemed way gigantic with her legs hanging from one of the sides as her arms wrapped around Miyeon’s small body keeping the kid safe against her chest. Hyunjin’s cheek resting over her daughter’s dark brown locks as she breathed softly through letting the doctor know the kid wasn’t the only person sleeping on that room; with a chuckle and small steps she reached the empty side of the bed to place herself against Hyunjin’s side soft enough not to disturb any of them too much and yet her wife’s arm moved giving her room to bury her nose on her neck without even waking up. Those were the moments Heejin liked to keep, the type of moments that nobody else could give her. Moments that let her know that no matter what, she’s already found the only thing that used to keep her up at night, True Happiness.

----

This is probably the most fluffy thing i'll write in my whole live......