Jelousy

Secret.

The noise of loud conversations filled the locker room while the team prepared to go back home after a long and pretty hard match, Hyujin felt her legs burn a little for all the exercise and still couldn’t help the smile that curved her lips after her first win with the soccer team. It was nice to have a victory after putting so much effort into the last practices, especially since she was having doubts about her physical strength compared to her teammates. She put her coat on and left the girls behind after another round of congratulations, anxious to meet her friends waiting for her on the parking lot, Hyujin felt her chest warm at the reminder of her friends cheering for her from their seats. Jiwoo even made a little placard with her name on it and forced Sooyoung to hold it for her after a short argue about how it was going to be more visible that way since Sooyoung was taller.

-Wah Hyujin unnie! - Yeojin said as soon Hyujin got close to them with a smile- I didn't think you were that good.

-How do you even run so fast? You're legs are short, it doesn't make sense- Sooyoung joked standing against her car with a smiley Jiwoo between her arms.

-I told you guys she was good-Heejin bragged coming closer to Hyujin and wrapping her arm around the athlete's waist.

-Thank you so much for showing up guys-Hyujin really meant it, they made her feel part of a whole little family.

-Now let's get the kids home and go get drunk-Jinsoul cheered before groaning when Chaewon slapped her shoulder- Stop hitting me gnome or else…

-Stop calling her that- Hyejoo interrupted holding chaewon's hand.

-You're so in love that is actually disgusting-Jungeun joked and the other girls couldn't help but laugh when Hyejoo's cheeks turned bright red.

Sooyoung's car was starting to be way too small for the amount of people that wanted to go with her instant of traveling with Jinsoul as their driver, the blonde got her license a few days before and to be honest most of the younger girls didn't trust her abilities as a driver yet but after a heated rock, paper, scissors game Heejin, Hyunjin, Yerim, Yeojin ended up at the back seat while Jungeun was seating on the front with Jinsoul. Since it was Friday night and there was actually no rush to drop the younger girls at their home, Sooyoung agreed to celebrate Hyunjin's first win at her shared place with Jinsoul. After a few minutes outside the campus Jungeun thought it was a good idea to buy a few more soju bottles so they didn't need to go out for more if the little meeting turned into a party knowing well that it was the most probable result for the night.

Hyujin was taking a few cans of beer when a hand rubbed her back in small circles to get her attention, she felt her heart jump when the first thing that her eyes found was Heejin's big smile directed to her, she looked so proud of Hyunjin's win and the idea made the taller girl's stomach tickle. Heejin was simply dressed with a blank t-shirt and her jeans under a jacket she refused to return to Hyujnin since months ago, not like Hyunjin was actually asking for it. She would let the shorter girl steal all her clothes if she wanted to anyway.

-Need something?-Hyujin asked closing the fringe then with the six pack of beers in her hand.

-I just wanted to tell you I’m really happy for you- Heejin said taking the beers away from Hyunjin's hand to hold them herself-I missed watching your matches, I almost forget you were that good.

-I….-Hyunjin froze because of the sudden kind words-Aeong.

Heejin lifted one of her eyebrows before laughing at loud at Hyujin's nervousness, even though Hyunjin felt like an idiot for answering with such a childish noise her thoughts ce again into a blank when Heejin's lips kissed her cheek in a swift move. That girl was going to be the death for her and she was nothing but sure about it, they heard Yeojin calling for them and Heejin almost need to drag Hyujin to make her move from her spot so they could go pay for their snacks and beers aside all the things Jinsoul got for the younger girls and her girlfriend. Funny how Jungeun bothered Jiwoo with Sooyoung's richness when Jinsoul was actually her cousin and had the exact same amount of money or even more than what she liked to admit. Hyunjin thought how little the world actually was when both of the friends ended up being in love with two girls of the same family, Destiny definitely did it's moves to put both couples together almost at the same time.

-Unnie! - Lia said from the other side of the counter with a bright smile as soon as she stopped Hyunjin on the middle of the group.

-I didn't know you worked here- Hyujin smiled back immediately- How are you?

-Well paints are expensive- the brunette explained lifting her shoulders- I'm fine, how are you? I heard you won tonight. I see you're ready to celebrate your victory. - The hazel eyes landed on the amount of alcohol placed on the basket.

-I won some relax time since all I did this week was study for history- Hyunjin half joked making Lia laugh and nod, they shared most of their classes so the younger girl understood what she was talking about.

-Maybe we should study together sometime, it'll be less boring that way- Lia smiled and Hyunjin felt her cheeks warm at the invitation.

-I…-Hyunjin tried to come out with a regular answer, she couldn't handle two “aeongs” in less than twenty minutes

-Excuse me for interrupting your flirting but my ice cream is going to melt if you guys don’t stop- Yeojin said with her eyebrows furrowed making Yerim laugh at her little sister's boldness

Hyujin almost choke on air after Yeojin's words but Lia took it easier and left out a laugh before checking the products so the group could pay and leave. Hyunjin was ready to hand the girl her card before getting blocked by Heejin, Jungeun didn't miss the challenging look on the med student eyes when she stared at the casher that seemed unbothered by her, also noticed how thigh her grip on Hyunjin's hand turned after the Lia's invitation. Heejin was jealous and she wasn't making that much of an effort to hide it, her jaw was tense but she kept her chin up like she was ready to fight if the other girl tried to make a move again. Heejin knew her friend found Lia attractive, even admitted she probably was the most attractive girl on her class a few days ago so her jealousy took the best of her before she could stop herself from showing it. Maybe if the rest of their friends  trusted her heterouality as little as Jungeun did, they could enjoy the little duel that was taking place right in front of their faces.

Hyujin was too focus on not making herself look dumb in front of the other art major despite she was sure she embarrassed herself already on the past. It was hard for her to like girls and not being able to actually communicate like a regular person in front of the cute ones. Maybe she was starting to think about asking for Sooyoung's advice since the older seemed to get everybody on their knees with a simple stare. Jinsoul started the engine and the car was filled with loud music since Yerim had the aux cord until Jungeun lowered to volume with an evil smirk on her face. Jinsoul noticed and had to bite her lip to hold her laugh expecting her girlfriend to start teasing Hyunjin about her little meeting with her classmate ignoring the fact that he person that Jungeun actually wanted to bother was Heejin.

-So Hyunjinie…-Jungeun started looking the girl from her place on the front seat- Do you get many invitations for study dates from pretty girls these days?

-She's my friend-Hyunjin mumbled avoiding Jungeun's eyes.

-Jinsoul used to be my friend too, right baby? - Jinsoul nodded focusing on the street while Jungeun stretched her hand to massage her girlfriend's neck. - Lia seems like a great girl, also she's really attractive. I think you should go for it, right Heejin?

-She can do whatever she wants to- Heejin simply said furrowing her eyebrows and looking at her phone.

-She's just not…Hyunjin started trying to find the correct words to describe her reasons without being too obvious.

-A med student? - Jungeun teased, this time Hyunjin looked right at her and she seemed pissed. Jungeun laughed.

-What's up with the med students? -Jinsoul asked in sincere curiosity meeting Hyunjin's eyes on the rearview

-Don't you know? Hyujin only likes med students these days- that was enough to make Heejin look at Hyunjin with a curious stare.

-It's because we're superior- Jinsoul bragged with a smile making Jungeun hit her arm softly, Heejin just nodded to show her agree before letting her head rest on Hyunjin's shoulder right after.

Jungeun kissed Jinsoul's cheek and ended the topic by allowing Yerim to put loud music again, Hyunjin had to focus on Heejin's fingers slowly caressing her hand to avoid kicking Jungeun out of the moving car. If the younger girl thought she was going to slip out of that without a revenge she was wrong, That night was for having fun and that showed when they arrived to Sooyoung's place, there were music playing already since the owner and the other girls arrived faster than the second group. Yerim immediately jumped on the seat next to Hyejoo how seemed too focus on beating Chaewon on their Nintendo videogame letting Yeojin go with Haseul and Kahei seating on the other side of the room with beers on their hands.

Hyunjin moved to the kitchen with plastic bags on both of her arms while she heard Jiwoo scream her hi to Jungeun showing that she had already taken several drinks but it didn't pass much longer before the rest of the girls followed her steps except the younger ones how hardly could drink a beer between the four of them, and only because Jiwoo stole one for them when Haseul wasn't actually paying attention. And that was often since Kahei usually gave her a hard time to focus on other things than her. The night went by and Hyunjin felt her head spin while sitting on the couch with Jinsoul's head on her lap, her fingers gently massaged the blonde hair while the older rambled about how much she hated her anatomy teacher. Hyujin was actually trying to pay attention but how the muscular tissue worked was the last topic she wanted to discuss while being drunk so her eyes just danced through the room, first they landed on Jiwoo, Jungeun and Sooyoung playing a drinking game while sitting on the floor, then she left out a soft laugh when she looked at Chaewon teaching weird dance moves to Yeojin and Yerim while Hyejoo laughed and clapped like it was the best show she's ever go to. Maybe Jiwoo stole way too many beers for them, she must had been glad Haseul was too busy making out with Kahei to notice how drunk the kids actually were.

-Where's Heejin?-Hyujin asked looking down at Jinsoul, the girl just yawned and lifted her shoulders.

With a gentle move she left Jinsoul's head lay on the couch before standing up ready to find her friend. Heejin wasn't much of a drinker, in fact she usually took her of the chaotic drunk team the other girls were when they went out on weekends so to Hyunjin it was weird not to find her around trying to avoid any possible danger that could come with alcohol. She tripped over her own foot making her laugh at her own clumsiness while she walked through the large hallway of the apartment, she opened the guest room door like a magnet drove her there. She smiled when saw Heejin wearing a hoodie that was probably Jinsoul's and a pair of shorts, she closed the door on her back in silence when she realized Heejin was on a phone call.

-Hi bunny-Hyunjin almost whispered going closer to Heejin who smiled at her immediately.

-Yes, that would be great-Heejin said to the person on the other line while she felt Hyunjin's arms hold her softly against her front. Hyujin was extremely clingy when she was drunk, but Heejin couldn't mind less.

-Hang up-Hyujin asked in a whisper against Heejin's hair, Heejin shook her head and kissed the tip of the girl's nose since she was still holding her between her long arms, Hyujin laughed.

-It's just Hyujin, we're celebrating her first win with the team-Heejin explained and Hyujin understood she was going to be have to be patient and wait a little more to get the girl's attention. - Friday it's okay, I’m free earlier that day.- Hyunjin's chest hurt when she heard a masculine voice on the other side of the line, Heejin was being asked out.

Her arms dropped to her sides as she took a few steps away from the girl, she felt her blood boil as the jealousy washed the comforting feeling that she was enjoying just a few seconds ago. Heejin didn't even look at her enough to notice how angry the other girl was and that made Hyunjin feel even dumber, burned and blamed on the alcohol for the sudden wave of sensitiveness. It didn't matter how many guys Heejin dated on the past, every single one of them made Hyunjin felt sick of her stomach but Heejin didn't seem to notice or to care about it at least. The feeling of thin fingers holding her wrist forced her to stay inside the room instant of going back to the living room, Hyunjin's hazel eyes focused on the floor to avoid Heejin's worried face then noticing the sudden mood change.

-I have to go, it's a plan then- Heejin left out before throwing her phone to the bed-Where were you going to go? I thought you wanted to talk.

-You're busy-Hyunjin mumbled, she almost slaps herself when her voice came out raspy and weak, even thought she was mad she almost melted when Heejin's started to massage the back of her neck slowly.

-What's wrong Hyun? – Heejin carefully asked while almost dragging Hyunjin to the bed making the taller girl sit on the edge.

-aeong…-Hyunjin sobbed and the brunette in front of her felt her heart sink at the sound, Hyunjin hardly ever cried and to see her being so affected by something and not know what it was made Heejin felt like the worse person on the planet.

Heejin almost cry at the sight and felt all her senses go on full alert mode, her arms wrapped around the taller girl softly making them fall fully on the mattress. Hyujin froze under the girl holding her against front, Heejin's face deep into the curve of her neck while she allowed her hands to slowly rub Hyujin's arms before those hold her back making them lay on their sides. Hyunjin knew these nights around Heejin's arms were going to be only a wish if she found a boyfriend, she was scared to lose her friend even if it was partially.

-It's okay, we don't have to talk about it yet- Heejin whispered kissing the top of Hyujin's head before smiling at her. -I won't go anywhere, you know that, right?

But Hyunjin didn't actually know so she just allowed herself to be held that night instant of be the one to hang up to Heejin's body like the arms around her waist were enough to make her feel confident about the other girl's words. When the morning came Hyunjin buried the incident by sleeping her hangover as soon as they were back at their dorm while Heejin tried her best to help her with soup and energetic drinks that only made her feel even more nauseas, not like she was going to complain about all the attention the med student giving her that day. She knew Heejin was worried about her but the days went by and the little scene seemed to be forgotten almost completely by both of them, even if Heejin thought about it from time to time she wasn't going to be the one to bring it back. All those years of friendship taught her that it was better not to pressure Hyunjin over her emotions.

The midterms where around the corner and the soccer player was actually glad to have something to focus about other than to listen Heejin talking to Hansol over the phone almost daily, it wasn´t easy for her to ignore the constant mentions of the boy every time they tried to talk at night when both of them were free from their classes. Sunday night wasn't different from the others during the past week, Hyunjin was sitting on the desk with her color pencils next to her and soft music came out of her phone low enough to not bother Heejin on the other side of the room while she tried to memorize something that Hyunjin was sure it would took her years to learn even if she put all her attention into it. But Heejin didn't have years, she had that night only before her biology exam tomorrow morning, she took the last sip of her coffee and dropped the book to the floor, the noise was enough to make Hyunjin turn back to meet the worried hazel eyes.

-There's no way, I am going to fail- Heejin said, Hyunjin noticed the pissed tone on her voice and knew it was time for a break.

-You’re not, you're going to be great-Hyunjin smiled at her but Heejin only furrowed her eyebrows and looked down at her book and papers all over the floor- Let's take a break, okay?

-You might be the only person that really thinks I’m smart enough for med school- Heejin almost laughed before letting herself fall to her mattress, Hyunjin smiled at took a seat next to her.

-Because you are, bunny-Hyunjin promised, her hand reached Heejin's hair as an instant reflect- Let's eat something, then I'll help you study.

-Do we still have chips? – Heejin asked, Jiwoo showed up a few days before and if she was hungry it was hard to find some snacks after her visits. She almost stands up when Hyunjin took her jacket from the chair next to the bunk- Where are you going?

-I'll go get you chips, isn't it obvious? - Hyunjin said putting her jacket on with a smile- The expending machine is just five minutes away, Watch a video or something.

-You don´t have t…

-I want to, I’ll be right back- Hyunjin kissed the shorter girl's forehead before leaving the room.

The trip turned much shorter than expected since her walking turned into jogging and fifteen minutes after she was right in front on their building, her steps froze when she stopped Heejin standing in the middle of the hallway with her coat on. Hyunjin thought she was going to go for her for a few seconds then her eyes met the cause of her friend's sudden wish for a night walk. Standing next to her there was Lee Hansol himself, a backpack on her shoulder and a bag that seemed full of food on his hand.

-I was going to text you but you left your phone-as soon as Heejin started, Hyujin already knew what was going to happened next- Oppa thinks it´s better if I study with him since we´re on the same class

-But we always study together- Hyujin mumbled looking at Heejin´s eyes.

-You´re an art major Hyujoo, I’m sure it´s better if we study together-Hansol interrupted putting her arm around Heejin´s shoulders.

-She´s Hyujin, not Hyujoo- Heejin corrected while furrowing her eyebrows- It´s okay Hyun, now you can finish your drawing in peace. I´ll be back later, try to get some rest.

Hyujin just stayed silence watching a grin curve Hansol´s lips, it took her much self-control for not punching him right on the face and drag Heejin to their shared room without a word. Heejin kissed her cheek as a goodbye but Hyujin didn´t even move. She wanted to scream at her, funny how just a few days before she promised she won´t be going anywhere. Hyujin closed the door with a loud slam and throw the snacks on Heejin´s bed. On the sudden silence of the lonely room the girl placed herself on the cold couch and her eyes landed on the portrait of her and Heejin placed next to the tv.

Hyujin decided she´d had enough of her secret. Maybe it was time for her to erase those feelings and let Jeon Heejin go once and for all.