Familiar faces and forced futures

Crystals (결정)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Mild ual reference. Hope it doesn't bother you. And I''ll be completely strict with this, I don't want to tarnish this fic by writing  mature content. No, really. I already have a lot on my plate. So, you know, if you're up for that then sorry.

 

*

Jikyeon unconciously smiled in her sleep, already feeling the sun rays that lightly kissed her skin. It was a Friday morning and the birds were singing, the sun was up and she was pretty sure the sky was a beautiful shade of blue. She opened one eye and opened the other, blinking away the sleep in them. She smiled and stretched her limbs, waking them from sleep. She sighed happily, it was Friday. One of her favourite days of the week. Mainly because Friday is one of the days where she doesn't have that much work and chose to ignore the fact that Sunday would mean more work.

She hugged a pillow to her chest and sighed unconciously. She glanced at the clock and she froze.

.

She had to give a dress to Jang Soomin who ordered it two weeks prior. And she totally forgot about it. Eyes widening, she sprinted off to the bathroom and took a record-breaking five minutes before stepping out off the shower and throwing a simple dress with a pearl necklace. She dried her hair in two minutes, grabbed her keys, shoes and Coach bag.

She rushed down the flight off stairs before slapping a hand onto her forehead for leaving the dress. She made it into her room and snatched the dress that was covered in a waterproof cover before rushing to the car. She jumped in her Ferrari, ignited the engine before speeding off onto the road. After running a couple of red lights, or maybe five to be exact, she reached her destination. She managed to run her hands through her hair and applied light make up. She had to look decent, no matter how late she was. She stepped out off the car and tossed the keys to the chauffeur. 

She reached Ritz Carlton Seoul and briefly wondered if Miss Jang was really talented to actually book a place like this or she's just another spoiled girl. She rolled her eyes at the thought. She's only here for work purposes. She made sure the dress was in prestine condition before stepping into the hotel.

To say she was surprised would be an understatement. The hotel was grand in itself and she had to try to stop from gaping, there was a magnificent chandelier dangling from the ceiling, perfectly at centre of the lobby and splashes of gold and dark emerald decorated the room. Again, who was this girl? She knew she was the same age as her but this hotel has to be ridiculously expensive to book, more so an Art Exhibition. Trying not to grumble at the thought of the girl, she headed to the front desk.

"Excuse me, but would you please direct me to Jang Soomin's Art Exhibition? I'm not sure where it's held." she asked.
"Ah, a guest of Miss Jang? The exhibition is held on the 9th Floor in the grand ballroom." she answered and gave her a professional smile.

She bowed and thanked the other before entering the lift. She waited patiently until she arrived and stepped out. Checking herself once again in the mirror that was conviniently placed along the hall, she smiled and stepped in front of the door. Sure enough, there was a sign, written in cursive, placed at the corner where the wall and door meet. "Jang Soo Min's First Art Exhibition.", it read.

She took in a deep breath because whoever this girl was, in the end, she's important, one way or another. And she doesn't want to embarass herself in front of the other- no matter how stuck up she might be.

She entered the ballroom and looked around, feeling lost. The ballroom's lights were dimmed so she couldn't properly see the art pieces from where she's standing. She was contemplating on leaving the dress because everyone seemed to know each other and she was standing there, holding a dress, looking very out off place.

She spotted a girl that was jogging up to her and waited until she stopped in front off her.

"Park Jikyeon?"
"Yes?"
"Anneyonghaseyo. Nice to meet you, I'm Miss Jang's coordinator for the event, well assistant coordinator, Im Sooyeon. She's been waiting for you. If you would follow me please." she started heading off but Jikyeon quickly stopped her.

"But, here's her dress."
"Oh! Leave that to me."

She took the dress off her hands and started walking again. Jikyeon fell into step beside her.

"Where are you taking me again?"
"We're headed to Miss Jang's private suite. She wants to meet you." she gave her a short smile.

Jikyeon wanted to object really, she did. Because here she was being invited to her customer's room and a private suite at that. She didn't know what to make off the current situation. She really did want to tell her that she'll just wait in the ballroom but before she realized, the girl was knocking on the door.

"Miss Jang? Miss Park is here."
"Come in! I'm in the bathroom. You can just pass me the dress and let Miss Park in too will you?"

The girl let herself in and Jikyeon followed her close behind.

You have got to be kidding me.

The room was gorgeous. The suite could fit like twenty people and this girl has the suite all to herself. Sooyeon went to give the dress to Soomin while Jikyeon sat down on the couch. Relaxing immediately as the soft material enveloped her tired body.

Soomin was putting on the gorgeous dress that Jikyeon had designed and paired it with black heels, a black Gucci clutch and she decided to pull her hair to the side and curl it at the ends so it fell like a cascading waterfall. Smiling in approvement, she dabbed on her peach lip gloss. Frowning slightly and wiped the gloss off and replacing it with a cherry one.

That's better.

When she stepped out off the bathroom, she almost chuckled when she saw Jikyeon looking timidly around as if afraid to touch anything.

"You have to excuse this ridiculously huge room. I wanted a normal executive suite but apparently my dad won't have any off that."

Jikyeon jumped at the friendly greeting and looked up to see a beautiful girl with full lips. The dress she designed fit her perfectly and showed off her curves.

And god she has to tell me how she does her hair!

What caught her offguard was the calculating expression on her face, despite a smile that graced her lips.

"Have we met before?" she tilted her head curiously.

Jikyeon had a confused expression on her face.

What was she talking about?

"Um, I think you have the wrong person. I don't know you, no offence."

Soomin continued to stare the girl down before shrugging and ushered them both out off the suite. They both entered the ballroom. Soomin apologized, explaining that she had to go, before leaving her in the midst of all the beautiful paintings she now noticed. Looking at them all slowly, Jikyeon mentally slapped herself for her negative thoughts on the girl before. She was nice and she did have the talent. Guilt started to eat her up and she shook her head, trying to calm the knots in her stomach.

A spotlight was shone on the said, Miss Jang who was on the stage. She thanked all the people who helped in putting everything together and the ones that came to her exhibition. As soon as that was over, she stepped off the stage and a man, an attractive man immediately wrapped an arm around her waist. He kissed her cheek and they both talked to random people who were congratulating her.

After half an hour or so, the couple made way to her.

"How're you enjoying the exhibition?"
"Honestly, your works are amazing."

She bea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter