Second chances

Crystals (결정)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A girl was flipping through the pages of a thick book on Buisiness Management. She sighed as she carefully took notes deligently. Yawning slightly, she brought a hand to cover .

Wow, how long was I in here?

She rubbed her eyes before stiffling another yawn. She glanced at the wall clock and nearly felt her heart stop when she noticed the time. 

Five hours?! 

Eyes widening, she scrambled for the books and quickly checked them out before rushing back to grab her Polo bag. Struggling with the straps of the bag, she cursed when her phone started ringing.

"Yobseyo?"
"Minhee-yah! Where are you?! Do you know what time it is?!"

She jumped and expertly captured the phone that she tossed in the air. A few heads turned to her direction due to the angry voice from the other line. She stopped and looked at them, face flushed before bowing her head in apology when she noticed the librarian giving her a sharp glare. After shaking off the initial shock she answered, searching for her car keys in her bag.

"Yeah, I know. I got carried away. I'm at Kwang Hee University now." she explained.
"What? Why are you there? Nope, nevermind. Forget what I said. Just get back here quickly, dad's looking for you and all the guests are seated."
"Arasseo I'm coming!" she yelled into the other line before hearing it got cut off.

Cursing herself for choosing a different campus' library instead of her own, Seoul National University, she took rushed steps towards the door. However, luck wasn't on her side when she bumped into someone and managed to scatter both her books and his papers.

"Jaebal! Waeyo?!" she whinned.

She quickly helped the said man and managed to make a few heads turn her way again. He stood up before offering a hand towards the girl. She took it and he pulled her up before collecting the rest off his papers. When he looked up however, she felt her heart stop for a second time that day.

"Woobin?"
"Minhee?"

They both uttered in unison. He broke out into a chuckle and she couldn't help biting her lower lip, trying to stop the ear-splitting grin wanting to break out onto her face.

"Kim Minhee, I haven't seen you since high school! How're you now?" he questioned.
"Well, Kim Woobin, I'm fine. I'm taking Buisiness Management at Seoul National."
"What're you doing here then?" he furrowed his eyebrows.
"Umm, actually, I have a library card here but I don't attend here. It's something only the 20 top scorers' in Seoul get."
"Free library passes to all universities?" he asked, amused.
"Yup."
"Of course, what would we do without you smartasses?" he held his books behind his back and rocked on his heels.
"Yah! That's not nice!" she pouted, slightly embarassed.

He gave out another chortle and she took note of his attire, a blue sweater paired with black jeans, chains on the side with black combat boots. One thing really caught her eye though and she was sure she never saw him wearing it before.

"Since when you wear specs?" she tilted her head slightly, wondering how on earth the item made him look even more attractive.
"Hmm? Oh. These are just for show." he smirked before adding, "Plus, the girls love it."

She blushed a bright red and looked down.

"Yeah right, they must be blind."

He was about to give another comeback before she realized she was in a rush.

", I got to go!" 

At that she ran but upon reaching the glass door, something made her stop in her t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter