Snapshots and pasts

Crystals (결정)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a starry night out and it was pretty rare to see those in Seoul. Daeun is busy taking pictures of the night sky and scenery. She smiled to herself when she looked at the pictures formed. Sipping her Mocha Latte, she noticed that a certain boy was missing. She pouted and looked left and right for the said man. Furrowing her eyebrows together she got up and went inside Starbucks to search for him. As she went in the shop, she noticed a girl wearing a strapless black dress. Noting that the dress was beyond gorgeous, she tried to stay focused on finding her friend.

Pouting harder, she scanned the crowd and noticed a mop of brown hair on the table next to the window. She grinned and slipped in front of him. Biting her lower lip, she observed the man. He had a calm expression on his face and his hair fell perfectly into place. He had one arm under his head as a support and was snoring silently.

She deemed it picture worthy and took a few snapshots with her DSLR before shaking the man's arm.

"Yah, Dongwook. Gaja.. Wake up." she whispered.

He shook slightly and she huffed in annoyance when he only readjusted his position before falling into deep slumber. Pouting, she tilted her head at the scene, not-knowing what to make off the situation.

"Ermm.. Da..eun.." he mumbled.

Her eyes widened when she realized he was sleep talking.

I'm pretty sure that was my name.

A few more mumbles that she couldn't make out escaped the boy's lips before he slowly woke up. He yawned before stretching his arms above his head. Scratching the back off his neck, he finally looked at her and stopped his actions.

"Uh.. y-you.. how long were you there?" he nervously asked.
"Long enough."

There was a palpable silence between them as he froze and she looked at all the pictures she managed to capture. She had a pink tinge on her cheeks that went unnoticed. He started gaping like a fish before she hit his arm which made the boy jump.

"Yah! Let's go. I have to go back to the university to get my car. Remember, you're driving."

It took him a total of two seconds to register her words before he's up and speed-walked out the door. She shook her head and smiled to herself before he popped his head back into the store.

"Well, are you coming? Cause I'm leaving with or without you." he smirked.

She ran towards the door, knowing fully well that he wasn't joking. There was no matter of joking with Lee Dongwook and she had to figure that out the hard way. After entering the said man's car, they sped onto the road. She stiffled a small yawn and shook her head, wanting to stay awake.

"You know, the drive to the university is going to take at least 45 minutes. You can sleep if you want."
"Promise you'll wake me?"
"I promise."
"Really? Cause you forgot the other time." she crossed her arms and pouted.

She yawned again and started to feel her eyes drooping. He smiled and promised that he would wake her before she got comfortable and fell asleep.

The drive was quite comfortable and he hummed a soft tune while glancing at her once it a while. At one stop, he noticed her hair fell onto her face and tucked it behind her ear without much thought. Stirring slightly, he froze hoping to high heavens that she wouldn't wake up. Thankfully, her lips pulled upwards to form a smile and he was sure that his heart was melting at the sheer sight.

He snapped out off it when a few cars were honking because the light had turned green. He quickly stepped on the gas but not before facepalming at his idiocy.

Damn it! I got carried away again.

He turned to her and saw that smile and he immediately had one on his own.

At least she's asleep now.

After a good 35 minutes of driving, the car miraculously broke down. He cursed and hit the steering wheel. Daeun woke up because of the sudden stop.

"What happened?" she yawned.
"It seems that I forgot to refill the gas." he sighed.

He knew he forgot something.

"Wait, let me call my friend and see if he's awake. Do you mind?"
"No, sure. Go ahead."

He gave her a short smile before exiting the car to call him. After hitting number 2 on speed dial (Daeun was number 1 and he would probably die from embarassment if the girl found out), he waited for the other to pick up.

The number that yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter