The couple and the Math Freak

Crystals (결정)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soomin was lounging around Yonsei University's rooftop cafe, constantly trying to cool her hands. It was particularly cool that morning and she kind of regrets her attire, brown combat boots, a colourful printed tee with "Geek" in block letters, denim shorts and a thin cardigan with her hair perfectly styled into a messy ponytail. She summed her look with a crystal charm on her silver necklace in the shape off a spade. She got that charm because she was indeed a master with the cards. 

She felt goosebumps rising on her feet and sat cross-legged on the sofa. Eventhough, being inside the cafe was actually warmer, she loved the feeling of the sun on her skin as she flipped through a magazine. Humming to herself, she sipped on her coffee and flipped the page with her other hand.

in pleasure as the liquid made its way down , instantly warming her up, she turned to her phone that beeped. She placed her coffee on the table and pulled out her pink phone. Smiling to herself when she saw the contact; Lee Gikwang.

Anneyonghaseyo, Soomin-ah! Whacha doin?

Hey Kwanggie. ^^ I'm just sitting at the university's cafe having coffee.

Lemme guess, black, 2 sugars and no creamer? ;)

She grinned by now and quickly sent a reply.

You know me so well. ;) So, how's Yuu-chan?

Mom's okay here. Great news.. guess what it is. ;)

She tilted her head and blushed lightly, she met him at an Art Show in Japan and it was totally by coincidence that he spoke Korean too. She knew a bit about him but never seen him or his pictures. He asked her how she liked Japan so far and she replied with a short, "It's fine, but the boys are like wolves here."

He laughed at her reply and only gave her an amused grin. Surprisingly, she got flustered by that and she never does. They've been exchanging phone calls and text messages, even went out on a couple off dates. That was six months ago, she surprised herself when she still kept in contact with the boy for that long.

Umm... you're on a cover of some top magazine in Japan?

Hey, it happened more than once, wouldn't surprise her really.

Nope, look down. :)

What?

She furrowed her eyebrows an looked off the rooftop and felt her heart stop and a grin make its way to her face. She bit her bottom lip while trying to hide her smile. Down there, was Lee Gikwang with his hair styled perfectly, wearing a leather jacket, black slacks and black boots up just above his ankle. What made her blush however was when he waved frantically before entering the cafe, heading in her direction.

She quickly straightened her clothes and checked herself in the mirror off her compact powder before humming in approval. She wore light make up today and she was glad she did. Heavy make-up was not for campus, unless you want to be deemed a right off the bat. She maybe a playgirl but there has to be class.

He reached up and she saw him hold a paper bag. He smiled before sitting down in front off her and placing the bag on the table.

"What's this?" she asked, blushing slightly.
"I got you a muffin. Vanilla's your favourite right?" he smiled sweetly.

She blushed harder cause she told him that ages ago and thanked him.

"So, why are you here?" she picked at the muffin slowly, smiling at the taste.
"I decided to hold off modelling for at least a year or two so I've enrolled in a university in Korea."

That caught her offguard though.

"Jongmal? Where?" she beamed at him.

He blushed and locked eyes with her. She immediately blushed but they stayed like that, staring at the other.

"Here." he mumbled.
"Oh."

Oh.

"Here?" she asked because she must've heard wrong.
"Yeah, here. At Yonsei. I guessed, why not?" he grinned.
"Oh, okay. Um, so... did you get mobbed by girls yet?" she asked trying to change the subject, maybe having a thoought or two as to why he picked, here. That and she was sure all the blood in her body was going to her cheeks.

He let out a chuckle before answering.

"Why? Jealous?"
"It was just a question." she picked at the muffin.
"Yes, and they got so annoying." he admitted, annoyed. She took note off his voice and smiled at him. She knew how hard it was for him. Being easily recognized in Korea and Japan must be tiresome. Especially now when he just wanted to continue his studies. Somewhere on the back off her mind, she knew it wasn't the only reason.

"So I was thinking-"

She kill my ego~ I know she kill my ego~ let's go~ Hokano ko to wa chigau kimi wa nani o ki te mo-

She answered her phone and sent an apologetic smile towards him.

"Neh appa?"
"Soomin, how's the exhibition coming along?"
"It's fine appa. I just need to find a gown for it. Don't worry so much." she pouted.
"How am I not supposed to worry? This is your first exhibition and I want it to go smoothly."
"Arasseo appa. I'll work on it. Bye."
"Bye."

She turned to Gikwang who was busy drinking his coffee.

"Mian, that was appa. He wanted to know if I was doing well for the exhibition."
"What exhibition?"
"It's my first art exhibition." she beamed.
"And you need to find a dress?"
"Yeah. It's special you know."

 She sighed as she turned the next page of her almost forgotten magazine. She studied the page for awhile.

"This is it!"

She yelled, he jumped. He looked at her and glare

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter