Till the end of our lives

I Need You Amber...

Amber woke up to sunlight bathed on her face warmly. She smiled a little thinking that it would be nice to wake up to this peace surrounding, unlike her box-like room back in SM dorm. She blinked a few times, suddenly realizing that she is not in SM dorm and not in her own room. She tried to turn around, but when she heard a grunt next to her ear, she froze. It took her couple of seconds to comprehend the sound when a few moments later, she sighed in relief when she remembered that she was staying in none other than her annoying-brat-good-friend-for-nothing-Top. As she began to rise from the bed, Amber let out a gasp when out of a sudden an arm tighten his hold on her and bring her back to lie down to her original place.

 

‘What the heck?’ and as she turned a little to her back, her eyes widen in surprise as his handsome face was only an inch away from hers. Her eyes travelled down from his temple to his nose and finally landed on his lips.

 

“Why are you so handsome?” Amber unconsciously blurted out softly. Amber gasped in surprise as the said person began to smile in his so-called-sleep.

 

“Why, thank you for realizing that finally…” Top opened his eyes and hugged her tightly than before.

 

“Top! Can’t breathe! Move!!!” she shouted as her face is red because of suffocation and embarrassment. Slowly he released her but only after he pecks her on the cheek.

 

“I guess this the greatest morning I’ve ever had since forever,” Top said as he gently turned Amber to face him.

 

Amber was in deep thought when she nodded slowly.

 

“Yeah, you’re right. I had a good sleep last night compared to previous nights. Thanks...if it’s not for you I would always…”

 

“Shhhhh…it’s in the past now. Let it go. It’s time for both of us to look forward. To the future…our future,” Top said as he caressed her face softly.

 

“Future…I like the sound of that…I guess it’s time for us to move on….then, make a promise with me Top…promise me you will never go back to drugs no matter what happened. Not now and not ever…” Amber said as she looked at him with eyes full of hope.

 

“I swear to God and to you that I will never ever use drugs again….that I promise you…and Amber….promise me too that you will be with me…because I couldn’t imagine my life without you…” and Top kissed her forehead and nudge her nose with his, ‘asking’ her to agree with him.

 

Amber heart flutters and she knew that the handsome person in front of her had had stolen her heart completely. She was overwhelmed by his sincerity and his pleading that she nodded to him while smiling.

 

“I promise with all my heart that I will be with you whenever you need me the most. I prayed that we could keep this promise till the end of our lives,” Amber said as she buried her face in his chest.

 

Top wrapped her body tightly to him and kissed her hair. He sighed contentedly and for the first time in his life he felt absolute tranquility.

 

‘God, I love Amber…I truly love her…Please let her be with me through my ups and downs and till the day I die… I swear to you God that she will have all of me…my heart, my soul and my life if she decided to seal her heart to me. Please make her agree God…I beg you…let her love me as much as I love her…” and a tear escaped his eyes as he hold onto Amber…

 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 

“Let go! Let me go! Top!!!” Amber screamed her heart out as she struggled to reach the door.

 

The said guy was holding to her leg as she tried to push him away.

“No! You promised me to let me send you to the place you want to go today! So why are you backing off now?!!” he shouted as he wrapped his hands on her leg while his body all over the floor.

 

“Are you nuts?!! It was because of you I’m this late and look at you! You’re not even bathed yet! I’m not gonna wait another hour till you are ready! So. Let. Me Go!!!!” Amber began thrashing around to lose his grip on her leg.

 

“But a promise is still a promise! In fact, why do you wanna go out today?! Can’t we just spend the rest of the day here together? There’s still so much time to go out later!!!” he struggled as Amber almost managed to get away from him.

 

“Time?! Do you know what time is it? It’s almost noon!!! You refuse to get up from the bed and we end up eating brunch in the room!!! All we did was cuddling and that’s all!!! I have to lie to you to go to the bathroom and take a shower coz you just won’t let me go! Just let me go now so that I can come back early you imbecile!!!” Amber shouted again as she wriggled herself out of his grip.

 

“Okay! Okay! Give me five minutes! Only five minutes to get ready! I’ll take a quick shower and we’ll go by my bike to the place that you want to go. Deal..?” Top said as he tightened his grip back on Amber.    

 

Amber sighed and stopped struggling. She looked down to Top that still wrapped his hands on her leg. Feeling tired she change her direction and started to move to the living room. Top, sensing her change of course let her go slowly as he watched her sitting on the sofa. Out of a sudden, with the sweetest smile she can muster, Amber turned to Top and nodded her head. With giddiness, Top jumped up and quickly hit the shower. It took him less than 3 minutes. However, as he put on his clothes, unintentionally his eyes saw someone familiar waving for a taxi out of his window.

 

“What the?! You said you promised to wait for me! Amber!!!” Top shouted when saw the girl look back at him and smirk.

 

“I didn’t say promise!!! I just nod my head! It didn’t mean anything! Hahaha!” Amber yelled and laughed at him.    

 

“Why that girl…oh she’s gonna get it. Do you think it’s easy to just leave? Ohohoho..you didn’t know me yet Amber. I’m gonna find you darling…I’m gonna find you and make sure you understand that you belong next to me. I’ll have my way with you if I have to darling Amber…” Top let out a smirk as he grabbed his jacket and bike keys in one go.

 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 

It was windy. As Amber stood her ground she knew the weather was always in her favour during this time of year. It was cloudy and windy without any indication of rain. That is why she could stand here for hours.

 

“Hey Chris…long time no see buddy…” she whispered as her eyes transfixed to the tombstone.

 

Slowly Amber placed a blood red rose on top of his tombstone and traced her fingers along his name gently.

 

“Sorry I couldn’t come earlier…but at least I’m still here for you Chris…No matter what happen you know you can count on me right?” Amber took her seat next to the tombstone and look up to the sky.

 

“Hey Chris, if you up there, would you listen to my story for one last time? I know these past years it probably bothers you but since it will be the last time, could you hear me out?” Amber let out smile and as she lean to the tombstone.

 

“I bet you remember Top from BigBang group right? The one you admired because of his cold and unapproachable persona. Well let me tell you buddy, he’s nothing like what you saw. He is the most childish and annoying brat I’ve ever met and no matter how genius he is, I can’t see him in the same light that you did. Gosh! Just talking about him can cause me headache you know!” and Amber began rubbing her temple.

Out of a sudden a gust of wind caresses her face and Amber let out a loud chuckle.

 

“Yeah, I bet you know about it too now aren’t you,” and Amber continue to laugh for a while.

 

“You know Chris….the reason I brought him up because he had the same condition as yours…Remember when you told me that no one can understand your situation…he told me the same thing too…That you are tired….tired of the pressure, the work, the fake smile that you have to put up front and the hypocrites that you have to deal with…to the extent creating a wall in your heart that even your family and your true friends including me couldn’t penetrate…” Amber sighed and closed her eyes before she continued.

 

“If you think about it Chris, don’t we all feel tired? I’m tired too Chris…it’s the same thing I have to deal with for every single day…but instead of isolating myself from people who cared about me, I actually sought them out. I create a circle of people whom matters to me. Including you buddy…” a tear escaped her eyes but Amber decided to let out everything.

 

“Do you know that I have a crush on you? Do you know that I trust you, so why couldn’t you trust me too? If only I stuck with you 24-7, will you stopped taking those drugs? Do you know my world crashed without you? Was my presence not enough? Did you stop and think about your family when you decided to end everything? Did you…? Couldn’t you…? Why Chris…?” And Amber let her tears fall freely.

 

“Those are the questions I ask myself every single day right after your death. You left a big space in my heart that I don’t know what to do with it. I didn’t even know I have insomnia because of you…and then, last night, I finally understood. You didn’t owe me anything Chris…you are free now. It was me that bind you to me all along. Top taught me something that no one can. You and I have a past together and neither I nor time can erase that. But I still have a future. The future that will give me the opportunity to create beautiful memories and give me chance to see the other side of life that filled with sincerity, trustworthy people, new sceneries and new love….Thanks to you Chris, I realized the existence of love, but thanks to him that I realized what love is…” Amber then stood up and stared down at the tombstone.

 

“This is not goodbye Chris. I will see you again in another life…but this will be the last time you are bind to me. Now go…we are both free now my friend…” Amber said as she wiped her tears away.

 

Out of a sudden, Amber was shocked when she was engulfed in a tight back hugged. It was none other than Top.

 

“Before you go, sorry that you have to see this Chris. But I want to make it official especially in front of you. So hope you are not angry since I’m your favourite right?” Top said indicating he was nearby when Amber started her conversation. Slowly, Top turned Amber to face him and gently he wiped her remaining tears.

 

“Please listen to what I have to say Amber. I’m sorry that I came here and disturb your time with him but hear me out…I need to be here to do this with Chris and God as witness,” and Top bend down on his knee as he held her hands.

 

“Amber ah…thank you for everything. Thank you for being there for me. Thank you for telling me to stop hurting myself. Thank you for making me realize that there was someone out there that could see me for who I am…not my wealth or my fame but just me…an ordinary person with faults. I thank God that I met you and I swear to Him…I swear that you will have all of me Amber…my heart, my soul, my life and everything that I am…because…I have fallen in love you…Amber, I love you….here I am with everything that I’m worth, I gave everything to you…just please…I beg you…please…please love me back,” and Top broke down crying in front of her still holding her hands as if that was his life support.

 

As Amber looked down to Top, she didn’t realize that her tears streamed down her cheeks as she smiles the most beautiful smile ever. Gently she touched Top face and got down to his level. Before Top could comprehend what’s happening around him, Amber lifted up his face and kissed him lovingly.

 

Top was taken aback but after few seconds, he slowly wrapped his hands around Amber and pulled her close, deepening the kiss. After few minutes when they both out of breath, Amber released her lips and Top rested his forehead on hers. From a smile, both them started to chuckle before erupted with laughter filled of happiness. After sometime, Amber looked at Top smiling.

 

“Pabo…” she said suddenly.

 

“Yeah, I know,” he said without skipping a beat and both of them started to laugh again.

 

Top then stopped laughing and stared at Amber…

 

“Marry me, Amber….marry me because I want to spend the rest of my life with you…” he watched her reaction as his heart was thumping nervously.

 

“Hmmm…let’s get engaged first and let the wedding be in another two years…there’s still lots of things I want to do before getting married. Deal?” she said playfully.

 

“Is that a yes?” Top asked, dumbfounded of her answer.

 

“Of course it is pabo…” and she pecked lips chastely. Top smiled happily and began to pull her up to stand.

 

“Good, so now let’s find a ring because I’m going to propose to you formally in front of your parents and friends in a week time on your birthday, fiancée,” he kissed Amber head as he bring her to his motorcycle.

 

“Hey, if you planned to propose next week then I’m not your fiancée,” she retorts.

 

“Nope, you are my fiancée, it’s just that the world hasn’t know that yet,” he replied subtly.

 

“You planned all of this earlier by yourself don’t you?” accused Amber.

 

“Yes, because I love you Amber,” Top said as he kissed her and put her helmet on her.

 

“Pabo…”

 

“I know...”

 

From afar, slowly a shadow began to disperse with the wind….

’Thank you Amber, for everything…I will always love you….’

 

THE END

           

Finally it’s the end!!!!! Sorry for the late update but I hope you enjoy it!!! Ahhh I’m gonna concentrate on one shots after  this ehehehehe. Thank you for reading and don’t forget to support Amber!!!! Love ya byeeeee!!!!!