I Realized It's You...

I Need You Amber...

Top was smiling devilishly as the girls swoon and fell for his charming spell at Kpop concert in Incheon. Unlike any other concert before this, he felt high and naughty at the same time. He flirt, he dance lewdly and anticipate most of other singers antics as he joked and play with them at the ending of the concert where normally all of them would come out together and sing their last song to the audience. It's all because he took more than normal dosage of the new so called 'pills' that he bought last two weeks. He was having fun and full of energy. No one doubted his attitude that night as they thought his hyper activeness was because he really enjoy to be in that concert...except for one person. Top didn't realize that a pair of eyes was watching his every moves and those eyes flashed in hidden anger as the person know why he acted hyper in his performance this time...

 

Top was dancing crazily with one of the f(x) member called Victoria when he tried to touch her intimately. Victoria was stunned but being matured compared to the others, she tried to mask her shock and slowly drift away from Top. He was about to follow her when suddenly he felt a whisper next to his ear.

 

"Don't ever think about it, stop sabotaging yourself before it's too late," warned the person.

 

He was about to turn to see the person when he was pulled by one of to join them singing. But he personally made a quest  to find the owner of the husky yet firm voice as he could really felt a different type of shiver that ran down his spine when he heard the voice. He tried to find the source but to no avail as it was a large crowd that stood near him at that time. Little that he knows he will meet again the owner of the voice soon... 

 

That night he couldn't sleep at all. He knew that the after effect of the pills were still in his system but, instead of going out and spend the night clubbing with the other members as they usually do after a concert in the hotel ballroom, Top wanted to be alone and retreat to his room. He kept thinking the warning earlier but failed to pinpoint the person who said those words. Obviously he was not mad but curious as he knows that the warning wasn't because of what he did to Victoria. It's as if trying to warn him not to put himself in a sticky situation. Deep down he was grateful and feel a bit happy as he know that someone out there seems to care about him. He tried to shrugged off the thought but he just can't ignore the concern that lay under the words.

 

After sometime tossing on the bed, Top decided he had enough and snatched his black jacket and make his way to the door. He really needs some fresh air and decided to stroll outside for a while even the clock showed 3.00 am. Luckily no one was around and he could still hear the loud music from the ballroom as the party is still on. He then walked for half an hour before he felt sleepy. As he was about to enter the elevator, he raised his head and saw a member of f(x) were already inside it with her cap in her hand, watching him with a serious face. Top felt awkward but just let out a small nod and began to turn his backs on her. He was surprised actually as he knew that she was actually a friendly person, but tonight he seems to see a different side of her when she's alone.He remembered her as she was the only tomboy in the industry that goes by the name Amber. When the elevator door was closed, out of a sudden Amber let out a sigh and open .

 

"Stop it," she said and Top quickly turned to look at her as there's only two person in the elevator and he knows she was referring to him. But that's not the main reason why now he turned to face her, but due to her husky yet firm voice that made him shocked and speechless for a while. 

 

"W-What do you mean?" he stuttered as he asked her. Deep down he cursed himself as he know that he look stupid stuttering in front of the girl.

 

"Just stop taking it," was all she said.

 

Top frowned. At first he thought that it was about his attitude earlier but the way she looked at him now, he felt that her words emphasize something different. Something deep within him that he kept secret for quite sometime now.

 

"Don't play stupid with me. I know you were taking it. It's Met isn't?" she added curtly.

 

Top's eyes widen for few seconds. He was beyond shocked as not only she's right but she truly know how to detect it. Top sighed as he look at her knowing full well that to lie the girl will be in vain.

 

"How did you know?" he replied. Amber let out some sort of scoff.

 

"You really need to ask me that? Where to start? Your behaviour, your energy, that's really obvious... But it's in your eyes...Your eyes that actually give  away," she said and look at him seriously.

 

Top was taken aback by her words and her strict face. He knew this girl persona was funky, cute, friendly, dorky and sometimes clumsy. But tonight...she is totally different from her normal self. For the first time he was unable to read a person. He knows when they are fake but Amber is a person he thought he can easily figure out before. There is no doubt she wasn't a fake when interacting with her group members and her friends, but now, she seems to have two personality that left him confused. He felt a cold shiver as he look into her fierce eyes that can see to the depth of his soul and her dark aura as if she is untouchable. Talking about some tough-scary-strong human, well... Amber fits all those. 

 

"So? Why do you care? I don't even know you," and the moment he said those words, he wished he could take them back.

 

Looking at Amber now, they say if looks can kill he'll be dead a thousand times already.

 

"Yeah, you're right. Why should I care. I'm not your friend or your family member! You can rot and die if you want to! But the thing is...I know how it feels to loose someone precious due to drugs. It hurts...It hurts a lot!!!" she replied almost screaming at him as he saw her started to hold the pendant that attached on her necklace. 

 

Top then realized, 'hold' is an understatement. She was gripping it and her other hand was tightening her fist as if she's remembering something. Something hurtful. 

 

"Amber, I'm sorr..." and before he could say it, Amber cut him off.

 

"Save it...save it for yourself, coward," she said fiercely and made her way out of the elevator.

 

As he watched her walked past him, he felt something tighten in his chest when he saw tears started forming in her beautiful eyes threatening to fall. Later on, when the elevator stopped at his level, he slowly made his way to his room. As he lay on his bed that night, he tried to ignore their encounter but his mind kept rewinding her anger, her strong words,her accusations, her hurt, her beautiful eyes, her tears and something else he pointed out...her care and concern about him taking the pills. Top suddenly smiled and for once after a long time, he was happy. The Amber he saw just now actually care for his well being and she made him realize that she was actually looking at him, the real him who's with an issue....not his popularity or his wealth....just him. After feeling giddy for few hours, he decided to sleep and find out more about Amber and her secret. At the same time, he felt there is no need of him to take the pills anymore...now that he's no more alone....