Chapter 2

My Cute Dongsaeng Or ...?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

|| CHAPTER 2 ||

 

Mingyu already waited for Seokmin; his friend since middle school also his current roommate, for thirty minutes. They promised to meet at their college cafe and walk to their class together as usual. He glances at his watch again checking the time for the fifth time, it's fifteen minutes before three, Mingyu sighs, he couldn't wait any longer since their class almost start therefore he gets up from his seat and grabs his backpack, slings it on his shoulder. 

"Seokmin what are you doing? Do you forget we have class to attend at three," told Mingyu as soon as he steps into the room occupied by the Book Club.

Seokmin who really likes to read a book before he sleeps every night ended up registered as a member of their college Book Club while Mingyu registered as a member of the Art club, following his interest in drawing and art. 

"B-but I have to finish this, my sunbae will scold me if I don't finish it," whispered Seokmin. 

"It's a lot!" said Mingyu after he comes closer to figure out what Seokmin is doing, just like the name of the club, the room full with books, they're on the shelves, in the boxes, on the tables also a lot of stacks of books on the floor. 

"We need to separate all of these book according to the genre since we have an event to hold this weekend," Seokmin pointing to the stacks in front of him, at least there are ten stacks there. 

"Yeah, I know you are a member of this club but you need to prioritize your class, we might have a pop quiz today."

"But the sunbae looked so fierce, I worry he will scold me," Seokmin says in a hush tone again. 

"Tell me which one, I will speak to them, right now! Where is he?"

"Mingyu, you don't need--" 

Seokmin didn't able to finish his sentence when one of his seniors comes in and asks, "Did you already finish it?" 

"Errr... no--not yet," stuttered Seokmin while glances at his friend because he could expect what Mingyu will do. 

"So, this is him?" asked Mingyu.

"No... no it's not him," answered Seokmin but Mingyu already come forward without waiting the answer from Seokmin and he stands in front of the senior, face to face. 

"Are you the one who asked Seokmin to do this?" asked Mingyu. 

"Mmm...why?" 

"Just to let you know we have a class right now and he couldn't finish it, do you have any problem with that?" asked Mingyu. 

Seokmin rushes into them and stands between Mingyu and his senior, "Sunbae-nim, I'm really sorry, he didn't mean that."

Seokmin pushes Mingyu a bit, making a little more gap between him and his sunbae, "He is not the one," he whispers. 

"Not him? Oo... okay, my bad," said Mingyu, "Sunbae-nim, please tell your friend that Seokmin needs to attend class now, so he couldn't finish it, he will do this later," added Mingyu and he pulls Seokmin's hand while Seokmin bows several time to his senior.

"Wait!"

Mingyu and Seokmin turn around when they heard the senior spoke.

"You!" the senior pointed his finger to Mingyu, "Please watch your mouth and your manner when you speak with your sunbae," continued the senior with a straight face. 

Mingyu smirks and scoffs, he earns a frown face from the senior, "I'm just letting you know that I really dislike the sunbae-hoobae culture, so if you feel offended I'm really sorry but what I'm going to tell you is, as a sunbae, you don't need to show off your power to make your hoobae scared of you, it's better to let them respect you, maybe this is not for you but please tell your friend about this," said Mingyu.

"Mingyu, please stop, how could I come to this club again if you behave like this in front of my sunbae," Seokmin tried to stop Mingyu. 

"Mingyu? Your name is Mingyu?" asked the senior.

"Why? Do you have problem with my name?" asked Mingyu.

"Ya~~I said stop already!" Seokmin said again.

"Okay okay let's go to the class, we're already late because of your club's thing,"  said Mingyu just ignoring the senior. 

"Sunbae-nim, I'm really sorry, please tell Jeon Sunbae-nim I will come and finish all of this after my class, I promise," said Seokmin while bowing again several time. 

.
.
.

"Ya~ don't do that, that sunbae is not the one I talked about, even if he is the one, how come you suddenly scold him like that, we are hoobae, we have to respect our sunbae," said Seokmin while they are walking to their class.

"I really hate sunbae-hoobae culture, even though they are older than us doesn't mean everything they said or did are right," replied Mingyu. 

"I know you hate it because our middle school sunbae bullied me, but not all sunbae are like that," reasonated Seokmin. 

"They are just using their sunbae position as an excuse to bully the hoobae, if they are not like that, why did you scared of them?" asked Mingyu. 

"Not them, just one okay, just one! The club president...but he never bullies anyone, it just he has very cold expression and I never see him smile, when he looked at me I feel like there are laser coming out from his eyes," explained Seokmin. 

Mingyu cracks up when Seokmin finished his words, Seokmin really could brighten his mood, "I need to meet and see that person how he's shooting a laser from his eyes."

"No! The one you need to meet is the 'just now sunbae'-- Ah! I just realized I don't know his name but you need to find him and apologize, I just meet him once but you already scolded him, I think I need to change my club," complained Seokmin.

"You don't need to do that, I will go and apologize to him, okay?" agreed Mingyu.
 
"How can I face him when you scolded him like that? Do you want me to go there wearing a paper bag on my head?" Seokmin glares. 

Mingyu grins, "Sorry! I promise I will go."


"You better be!"


______________

 

"Why so many Mingyu I met but till now I still couldn't find you, Kim Mingyu?" Jeonghan talks to himself while lying on his bed and staring at the ceiling. 

He sighs, "Mingyu, do you still remember me? If we meet again, will we recognize each other?" Jeonghan chuckles a few seconds later after he realized his silliness, "How could we right? The last time I saw you, I just eight and you just six, I wonder how cute you will be as an eighteen years old boy, you must be a cutie with your canine teeth," Jeonghan smiles remembering the six years old Mingyu, an adorable puppy-like boy who he misses

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter