Chapter 1

My Cute Dongsaeng Or ...?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

|| CHAPTER 1 ||

 

Jeonghan carefully getting out from his hiding place, slowly he lifts up the barrel that covered his small body, he choose to hide inside one of the plastic barrels he encountered during his escape from his stepfather since the barrel fits enough to hide a body of an adult what's more the body of eight years old boy. 

"Hyung, what are you doing inside there? Are you playing hide and seek?" 

Jeonghan surprised with the sudden voice he heard as soon as he get out, he almost cover back his body with the barrel but the owner of the voice is a small boy and the boy stands there looking at him with the curious face. The boy is clearly younger than him, looking at the smaller and shorter size of his physical if he compared to his own, furthermore the boy addressed him as hyung, Jeonghan concludes the boy is indeed younger than him. He looks a little longer and found the boy looks like he just cried. 

"Yes, I'm playing hide and seek but my friends couldn't find me," Jeonghan lied, there is no way he could tell anyone that he was hiding from his ill-tempered stepfather who hate him, "What are you doing here alone? Errr...why did you cry?"

The boy wipes his face several times, "I'm lost, I don't know how to go back home, I was scared just now that's why I cried but after I meet hyung, I don't scared anymore," the boy smiles even though his face still has tears stain.

Jeonghan amazes when he found that the boy possesses cute canine teeth complement his cute chubby face, he moves to get closer to the boy when he assure the cute boy won't give him any harm, "Do you want me to walk-- to find your home with you?" 

The boy nods eagerly. 

"Okay, what the last thing you remember around you?" asked Jeonghan, even though he is just eight years old, he already used get away from his home and find the way back by his own. Everytime he run away from his stepfather, he always end up in unknown place just like today.

"I don't remember because I was following a cute puppy and suddenly it ran away and disappeared," answered the boy. 

"Emm...if it's like that let's walk around, maybe you will recognize or remember something."

"Okay hyung!" The boy immediately reaches and holds his hand, it makes Jeonghan fluster a bit, he never has a sibling neither a friend he close with. However a warmth from the boy's hand make him comfortable. 

"What is your name? and... how old are you?"

"My name is Kim Mingyu, I am 6 years old," answered the boy, "What is hyung's name?" 

"Jeonghan."

"Jonghwan?"

"No, it's not Jonghwan, it's Jeonghan, Yoon Jeonghan."

"Yoon Jeonghan?" Mingyu repeats word by word slowly.

Jeonghan nods and smiles looking at the cute boy named Mingyu who is holding his hand tightly. 

Suddenly, Mingyu stops walking and releases Jeonghan's hand. He's fishing out something from his pant's pocket and he hands it to Jeonghan instantly.

"Hyung, your knee is injured, let's put this on, my mom said this will make you feel less pain."

"Why do you have band aid in your pocket?" asked Jeonghan.

"My mom always put a few in every pocket of my pants since I always trip of something and fell."

"Thank you Mingyu," Jeonghan smiles and takes the band aid from Mingyu and put it on his scratched knee which he got from falling down when he ran away just now. 

They continue walking together hand in hand, searching the road to Mingyu's house. 

"Hyung, what should we do if we cannot find my house?" Mingyu sounds like he wants to cry, Jeonghan turns quickly. 

"Are you afraid?"

Mingyu nods.

"Don't worry, I will walk with you until we find your house okay?"

Jeonghan smiles after get a nod from Mingyu.

"After that, do you want to go home alone?" asked Mingyu.

Jeonghan hums and nods.

"Do you know how?"

Jeonghan nods again, "My house is near the playground, and there is a fish market in front of the playground. So, I won't be lost."

"Woah! hyung, you're very smart and brave, I want to be like you," exclaimed Mingyu. 

"You just have to remember what is near your house, so next time you won't be lost, okay?" 

Mingyu nods several times. 

They continue walking, looking for Mingyu's house and suddenly Mingyu shouts while pointing to the shop at the cross of the road. 

"Hyung! That is the mart my mom and I always go, my house is at the end of this road."

"Really? Are you sure?" asked Jeonghan. 

Mingyu nods excitedly, "I always ride the red plane instead of the car." Mingyu is referring to the kiddie rides in front of the mart.

"Let's go, I will drop you in front of your house." Jeonghan smiles while looking at excited Mingyu. 

.

.

"Hyung, do you really want to go home alone?" asked Mingyu after they reached Mingyu's house. 

Jeonghan nods. 

"B-but you walked with me until here, my mom said if someone help you, you need to thank them properly or doing the same for them," replied Mingyu. 

Jeonghan smiles, he puts his hand on Mingyu's shoulders, "Mingyu-ya, it's okay I know how to go home, don't worry okay?""

But hyung, how can I meet you again?" asked Mingyu. 

"Do you want to meet me again?" Jeonghan feels happy when Mingyu looks so fond at him. He never had a close friend since his mother remarried when he was four and he always get beaten by his stepfather, because of that he always secluded himself from his classmates. 

Mingyu nods, "You can be my hyung right? I don't have any sibling." 

Jeonghan surprised with Mingyu's question but he immediately nods since the request really makes him feel happy.

"Do you remember the playground across the mart just now?" asked Jeonghan. 

Mingyu nods. 


"Let's meet there tomorrow after school okay?" suggested Jeonghan.

"Okay! Promise me you will come!" Mingyu shows his pinky finger and waits for Jeonghan to respond. 

Jeonghan quickly locks their pinky fingers together and they smile looking at each other. Jeonghan walks away slowly leaving Mingyu there, he turns back several times and waves at smiling Mingyu who is doing the same for him.

.
.
.


As they promise, Mingyu and Jeonghan always meet and play together at the playground. Jeonghan always feels happy when he spend his time with Mingyu. After finished his school session, Jeonghan will go to the playground and wait for Mingyu there. There are times where Mingyu's mother asked Jeonghan to come to their house and they play in Mingyu's house till late evening. 

"Hyung, why didn't you come yesterday?" asked Mingyu after Jeonghan takes place at the empty swing seat next to Mingyu; their regular spot while waiting for each other. They already make a pact, they will meet here at 4:30pm everyday but if anyone didn't come till 5:00pm, they didn't need to wait longer. 

"I had another work to finish up, I'm sorry Mingyu," lied Jeonghan, he smiled at Mingyu before he kicks and pushes the ground with his feet to make his swing moves and sways. 

"Hyung, you lied again right? There are bruise on your arm," said Mingyu. 

J

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter