Trip

What If Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Hey Wen" Irene smiles as she sits down next to Wendy on the bleachers.

"Hey, where have you been? I've been waiting for the past ten minutes....is your shirt on backwards?"

Irene looks down and puts on her sweater, "It's the new style."

Wendy nods suspiciously as she turns to the field and notices that Joy's hair is also ruffled and it definitely wasn't from soccer practice. 

"You know, next time you guys get freaky at school, you should as least check the mirror before you come out."

Irene blushes, "We didn't do anything."

"Yeah, and I'm--"

"HEADS UP!"

Wendy turns and sees a soccer ball flying at her head. She braces herself for impact, but it never comes. Instead she feels a gust of wind and opens her eyes to see Seulgi in front of her with the ball in her hands.

"Careful!" She yells and throws the ball back to the field.

She turns to look at Wendy, "You okay?"

"Y-yeah, thanks."

Seulgi smirks, "Good, because you should have seen your face." 

She sticks her hands up with a frightened expression, "Oh my god, noooo!"

"I was not!"

"Yeah, that's why you closed your eyes."

Wendy opens , but closes it and she simply shakes her head before muttering, "Stupid jock."

"What?"

"Nothing!" 

"Mhmm. Well this stupid jock will see you tomorrow."

"Wait what's tomorrow?"

Seulgi looks amused, "Your house. Jessica invited us over for dinner."

"SHE WHAT?!"

--

"Jessica! You invited the soccer team over for dinner tomorrow night?"

Jessica turns to see a fuming Wendy stomping down the field towards her. She looks confused and the realization suddenly hits, "Oh . I meant to tell you that."

Wendy face palms herself, "Yeah a heads up would have been nice."

"Sorry, but don't worry, we can just order takeout!"

Wendy sighs, "No. I want to make a home cooked meal. You guys have been practicing really hard and deserve it. Luckily there's not much going on this week at school."

Jessica smiles and throws her arm over Wendy's shoulder, "Wonder Wendy to the rescue! Thanks sis."

Wendy shakes her head, "What would you do without me?"

Jessica thinks for a moment, "Die of starvation? Filfth because no one would clean the house? Love?"

Wendy laughs, "Yeah, all of that."

--

"Wendy! The guests are almost here!" Jessica yells from the living room

"Got it!" 

She turns to Irene who is stirring the pot of seaweed soup, "Thanks for helping."

"No problem. Can't let Joy starve."

Wendy rolls her eyes, "So are you guys official yet?"

"No. I think after the ski trip? We'll see how that goes."

"I'm excited. I haven't been skiing in so long."

"Yeah, should be really fun. I wonder who we're all rooming with."

"Not sure. Tiffany won't tell me."

"Well I hope she puts me with Joy."

Wendy scrunches her face, "You better not get her pregnant."

"Please, I couldn't even if I wanted to."

"Ugh, gross."

Irene cackles just as the doorbell rings.

Jessica gets up to open the door, "They're here!"

--

Wendy throws herself onto the bed and yawns. They had just finished dinner and the team offered to do the dishes so she decided to take a break. 

She's scrolling through her phone when someone speaks up, "You still sleep with a stuffed animal?"

Wendy turns around and quickly sits up when she sees Seulgi standing in the doorway with her hands in her pocket. 

She picks up the hamster, "This is not just an ordinary stuffed animal. His name is manen."

"Manen?"

Wendy nods and Seulgi cracks a smile, "Right."

She walks in and takes in the interior of the room, "Thanks for dinner. It was really good."

Wendy grins, "Tastes better warm right? I know the lunchbox is never as good because I make them the night before."

"Anything you make is good...You listen to Red Velvet?"

Wendy looks at the poster hanging on her wall, "Yeah. Love them."

Seulgi nods as she walks towards the desk and picks up a picture frame, "Parents?"

"Yeah."

"You look like your mom."

"Really? People usually say I look like my dad."

"A little bit of both." She puts the frame down and walks to the keyboard in the corner of the room and sees the music sheets.

"Have you finished the song yet?"

"Almost, just the last verse left."

"Are you excited?"

"A little sad."

"Why?"

"Because that means the song is coming to an end. I'm not good at goodbyes."

Seulgi laughs, "Reminds me of soccer. There's a bittersweet feeling when the game ends. We're happy that it's finally over, but also sad because there's an adrenaline rush when you're playing and we want to keep going."

"Yeah Jess told me about that, but the good thing about

Please log in to read the full chapter