Fall

What If Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

Seulgi wakes up to a small weight on top of her head and a hint of eucalyptus. She tilts her head slightly to see Wendy on her and gently lifts the girl’s head off her own and shifts it to her shoulder as she sits up.

She picks up her cellphone to check the time and see's a post-it stuck to the front of the screen.

'I packed some food. Help yourself(:'

Seulgi turns to look at the girl next to her and feels a smile creeping on her face as she looks down at the bag in front of her feet filled with containers. She picks one up and tucks the note away in her pocket. She checks her phone again and sees that it was only 11 am. They still had another three hours before they reached their destination.

She's munching on kimbap and staring out the window when the bus hits a small bump and Seulgi feels Wendy shift and throw an arm around her waist. She nearly chokes on the rice as she looks down to see the girl smiling to herself.

Seulgi slowly chews the rest of her food and swallows. Wendy shifts slightly and snuggles closer.

She considers pushing Wendy off her, but decides against it. She normally wasn’t a huge fan of physical contact, but decides to let it go. She closes the container and leans back into the seat.

She thinks that there were a lot of things Wendy did that she didn’t mind.

--

“Alright, we’re here!”

Wendy’s eyelid twitches as she hears Tiffany’s voice boom over the loudspeakers. She doesn’t want to wake up just yet. It was so warm and soft – soft?

Her eyes shoot open as she quickly sits up and turns to look at Seulgi who’s rubbing her eyes.

“Is it time to get off?”

“Y-yeah.”

They pack up their belongings and get off the bus together.

Wendy wonders if she should thank Seulgi for not pushing her off or ask her why she didn't push her off. She decides maybe it's best to not say anything, but it's hard to ignore her racing heart and the warmth she was missing. 

--

“This is a mistake right?”

Wendy’s eyes frantically shift between the queen size bed and Seulgi who is busy opening the mini fridge. She wonders if the girl even noticed that there was only one bed in the room. She had just barely recovered from the realization that she fell asleep on Seulgi and now she has to share a bed with her?

“What?”

“There’s only one bed.”

Seulgi finally turns to look around the room.

“Huh.”

“I thought it was going to be two beds.”

“Really?”

“I’m going to go to the front desk and ask, I’ll be right back.”

Wendy shuffles out the room and heads for the reception desk.

“Excuse me, hi, sorry to bother you. I’m staying in room 221 and there’s only one bed. Aren’t there supposed to be two separate ones?”

“Hmm…Let me check the system.”

The lady types in the computer for a few minutes before looking back at her, “Sorry, you’re right. It looks like there has been a mistake in the system. Unfortunately, we only have that room left. We’re booked out for the weekend. Our apologies, but we can offer you a discount the next time you visit though.”

“Right.” Wendy croaks, feeling defeated as she makes her way back to the room.

When she opens the door, Seulgi is scrolling through the channels on the television. 

“They made a mistake.”

“Oh?”

“It was supposed to be two beds, but they messed up on their end.”

"Well, you're not sick right?"

"What?" 

"We're both girls. Have you never slept in the same bed as your sister?"

"Yeah, but that was years ago."

"Do you have cooties?"

"No."

"Then it's fine. We'll just put pillows between us."

"Pillows..."

"C'mon, let's clean up and head to the cafeteria."

Wendy nods as Seulgi heads to the bathroom to change. She takes a deep breath as she sits on the edge of the bed. Why was she freaking out about sharing a bed with Seulgi? She was right, they're both girls. It's not different than sharing a bed with Jessica, right?

--

Wendy enters the cafeteria and quickly finds Jessica and Tiffany sitting at a round table. 

"What the hell Tiff!"

Tiffany feigns ignorance, "What?"

"Why did you put me with Seulgi?"

"Why not?"

"Because..."

"Because?"

"Just...I...UGH. You know our room only has one bed!?"

"Oooooh, spicy."

Wendy turns to see Joy grinning at her with Irene in tow. 

"What's wrong with sleeping together in the same bed? You guys were practically on top of each other in the back of the bus." Irene says nonchalantaly 

"You guys were on top of each other??" Tiffany's eyes widen

"Who was on top of each other?" Everyone turns to see Seulgi standing with a tray of food. 

"Nobody! No one! Why would anyone be on top of each other?" Wendy wants to mentally slap herself when Seulgi opens as if to say something, but someone beats her to it.

"Hey Seul!"

They all turn to see a tall slender girl walking towards them. She could be a runway model with her long legs and Wendy looks down at her own suddenly feeling self conscious. 

"Hey Sunmi, what's up?"

"We were going out to check the slopes in a bit."

"I thought we couldn't ski till tomorrow."

"Yeah, but we thought since there was nothing else to

Please log in to read the full chapter