What If

What If Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

Wendy opens the door to her house and is met with a wide eyed Tiffany.

"WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO DO IT?"

Wendy looks at Tiffany with a raised eyebrow, "Hello to you too."

Tiffany's eyes widen more than they had before, if that were even possible. 

"HOW ARE YOU GOING TO DO IT?"

Wendy takes off her shoes, "Do what?"

"CONFESS."

She turns to look at the girl, "Irene?"

The girl nods as Wendy shakes her own head, "Damn it, can't trust that girl to keep shut about anything."

"Soooo? When? How? Where? Should I bring my camera."

"What? no Tiff. I don't want you there."

Tiffany pouts, "But I want to capture the moment."

"That's weird. Jessica, control your girlfriend."

Jessica peaks up from the couch and gives a blank stare before laughing, "HA, yeah right."

Wendy rolls her eyes and grumbles 'whipped' under her breath as she drops her bookbag onto the floor and walks into the kitchen. 

"So c'mon. Tell me, how are you going to do it?"

"I don't know."

Tiffany leans against the counter and pouts, "You haven't thought about it?"

Wendy opens the fridge and peers in, "I mean I know I want to tell her, but other than that, I haven't thought about doing anything big."

"I remember Jessica gave me a box with a thousand folded cranes and told me to grant her a wish."

"Yeah, don't remind me. Those took three weeks."

"Wait...YOU MADE THEM?!"

Wendy looks behind her to see a shocked Tiffany, "Yeah. You think your girlfriend is capable of making those cranes by herself? She made one and it looked like the crane flew into a window."

Tiffany points at Jessica accusingly, "You said you made them yourself!"

Jessica peaks up again, "I never said that, you assumed. I said I came up with the idea, which was true."

"I told everyone you must have stayed up for weeks making them."

"Well Wendy did and we share the same DNA, so in theory you're not exactly wrong."

Tiffany groans, "That's not the point."

Jessica shrugs and slips back down, "Still got you didn't I?"

"YAH Jessica, don't make me come over there."

Wendy shakes her head as the two continue to bicker and starts preparing dinner.

When she goes to bed later that night she wonders, 'How am I going to do this?'

--

Wendy makes her way to the soccer field. She settles down on the metal bleacher and shivers. It was starting to get warm again and the team has begun practicing outdoors, but that didn't mean there wasn't still a breeze. She zips up her hoodie and in a breath. She should have brought a jacket. 

She considers going home and texting Jessica when somehting is wrapped around her. She looks up to see Seulgi staring down at her.

"You're going to get a cold"

She eyes the girl's yellow jersey over a thin long sleeve and shorts, "And you're not?"

Seulgi shakes her head, "Once we start running around, it'll get warmer."

Wendy lifts the jacket off her shoulders and tries to give it back, "You really don't have to."

"It's okay, just give it back later."

"Are you sure?"

Seulgi nods, "Last I recall, I wasn't the one freezing in the middle of a snowstorm"

"Again, not my fault. I was trying to look for you."

"Are you sure you weren't looking for narnia?"

Wendy opens to retort, but the girl is already running down the stairs laughing and out to the field as other team members start to trickle out.

She watches the girl as she ties her hair into a ponytail and picks up a soccer ball. She tosses it in the air and bounces them between her knees before dropping it back down and dribbles it around a few cones. After ten minutes, the whistle is blown signaling the beginning of a new game just as Tiffany waltzes up the bleachers and seats herself next to Wendy.

"Jesus, it's frigid out here. How are they practicing?"

"They're running around. We're stagnant."

Tiffany rubs her hands together and blows on them, "Aren't you cold?

"No, not really."

"Well I guess you do have a jacket."

Wendy pulls at the faded leather jacket sitting on her shoulders and smiles, "Yeah, I guess I do."

"You know the talent show sign ups are coming out tomorrow."

"Yeah?"

Tiffany nods, "Are you going to sign up this year?"

"You know I never do."

"And every year I ask why not."

"You know I hate performing on stage."

"No you don't. You hate that the last time you performed on stage, it was with Taeyeon and ever since, you associate performing with her."

Wendy turns to look at Tiffany who raises an eyebrow, "What? You know I'm interested in psychology."

"I know. I just...wow. That was profound. Why are you with my sister again?"

"She's hot."

Wendy scrunches her face, "Ew"

Tiffany shrugs her shoulders, "My point is, I know you used to love being on stage. Just sleep on it okay? It's my last year here and I would love to see you perform one last time."

"Okay, but no promises."

Tiffany smiles, "That's fine, but I have a feeling you will."

"Why is that?"

She lifts her chin and gestures, "This year has been full of surprises. Taeyeon left in the beginning of the year and then she came. I know you didn't talk about it with us much, but we know you have been having a hard time. Honestly you don't know how relieved I was when you started talking about her instead. Jess also didn't know what was going to happen to the team once we graduated, but it looks like she doesn't have to worry too much now. Things have a way

Please log in to read the full chapter