Be With You

What If Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

"You said Sunmi and you danced together?"

"Yup."

"What kind of dance?"

"We recently performed a cover of 'heroine' together. I was the stand in for the male and she was dancing the female parts."

"Were there no other males?"

Seulgi looks up to see Wendy pursing her lips and thinks, 'cute.'

"There were, but the fans want what they want."

"You have fans?"

Seulgi nods, "We practice at million dance studio. Everyone has fans."

"How long have you been dancing?"

"Since I was in elementary school."

"How did you get into it?"

"Moonbyul liked to dance, so..."

Seulgi looks back at her phone and Wendy thinks back to how she first starting singing because Taeyeon was the best singer at their school. 

"Can I see you dance?"

Seulgi lazily raises her arm and does a mini wave, "There."

"That's not a dance."

"It's a dance move. You didn't specify."

Wendy sighs and changes the topic,"You know it's our last day here. You should go ski."

"I'm good right here."

She rapidly taps on her phone and groans in frustration as the wasps get her yet again.

"What are you playing?"

"Animal crossing."

"What's that?"

Seulgi walks over and plops down next to Wendy to show her the phone. 

"It's like this video game where you build your own island. You get money by collecting fruits, bugs and whatnot."

"That's so cute!"

"Yeah until you shake a tree and you get bitten by a wasp."

"Oh is that why their eye looks like that?"

"Yeah, now I have to make some medicine or I'm going to be ugly forever."

"You're not ugly."

Seulgi looks up to meet Wendy's eyes which suddenly go wide, "I MEAN THE CHARACTER."

"Uh-huh"

"NO WAIT, I mean you're not ugly either, but neither is the character. I mean...oh god. I talk too much, I should stop while I'm ahead."

Wendy sits back against the headboard and covers her face.

Seulgi chuckles, "I like it when you talk"

Wendy peaks through her fingers, "You do?"

"It's better than when you stare."

Wendy puts her hands down "I'm going to stop that."

"I'm very doubtful."

"I..."

Seulgi quickly gets up to grab a water bottle from the fridge and brings one back for Wendy who takes it and mumbles thanks.

The two sit in a comfortable silence as Seulgi tries to figure out where to move her house. 

"I'm fine you know." 

Seulgi looks up again, "I know."

"Then why are you still here?"

The truth is, Seulgi does want to ski, but the other part ofher wants to be around incase Wendy needed anything. There was something about Wendy asking someone else to help her that was offputting, so she decided to just stay with the girl instead. 

"I just want to be."

Wendy looks at her and it seems like the girl wants to say something else, but decides against it and simply nods her head

Seulgi looks back down and toggles her character around on her phone, but her mind is no longer focused on the game.

--

“Hey! You’re back.”

“Yeah.”

Seulgi skips towards Yeri and rustles her hair.

“Hey, what the hec. Did something happen?”

“No.”

“Really? Does it have to do with Wendy? Did something happen between you two?!”

Seulgi ignores her sister as she makes her way to her bedroom and throws her luggage into a corner before plopping down onto the bed.

Yeri follows her into the room and leans against the door.

<
Please log in to read the full chapter