Introductions

What If Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Class, we have a new student joining us today. Do you want to introduce yourself?”

Wendy's ears perk up as her eyes drift toward the front of the classroom. She nearly drops the pen she's spinning when she sees a slim girl with dark black hair and uneven bangs standing next to her teacher. The monolidded beauty donned a bored expression and soon she hears the 'oohs and ahhs' leaving her classmates lips when the girl bows.

“Hi. I’m Kang Seulgi."

The teacher waits for the girl to say more, but when she doesn't, he gestures at an empty seat. 

“Thank you Seulgi. You can take the seat in the back next to Wendy.”

All eyes are on her as she makes her way down the aisle. When she sits down, a wave of pineapple scent hits Wendy's nostrils. 

The two make eye contact and before Wendy can introduce herself, the teacher tells the class to take out their workbook and turn to page 82. 

Halfway through the class, Wendy hears a low rumbling and turns around to see Seulgi leaning on her left hand with her eyes closed and snoring. 

'What the...'

She looks at the book in front of the sleeping girl and notices that it's completely filled out and there is a doodle in the corner. She leans over her desk slightly and sees the outline of a hamster before the book is slammed shut. She looks up to see Seulgi staring at her and Wendy feels her cheeks turning red. 

“Sorry, I...I...”

“Wendy, care to share what you and Seulgi were talking about?”

She snaps her head to look at the teacher and quickly shakes her head before looking down at her own workbook.

She continues to work until the lunch bell rings. 

Wendy turns, wanting to apologize for peaking, but is met with an empty desk. She decides to apologize later and makes her way to the cafeteria.

“Wendy, over here!"

"Hey Tiff, where's my sis?"

"Eating with her coach. They're holding soccer try outs later today."

"Wow, the season's starting already?"

"Yup. She's probably going to be busy practicing every day. No time left for me."

"You practically live with us."

"Who lives with who?"

The two look up to see Irene sitting down next to them.

Wendy points at Tiffany. "Her. She practically sleeps over every day. I think I see her more than my sister."

Irene opens a bag of chips and takes out a piece, "Well you're good at cooking unlike those two. I'd move in too if I could."

Wendy crosses her arms, "Yeah, who knows what would happen if I wasn't around."

"Hey! I'm not that bad."

Irene raises an eyebrow, "I heard you tried to boil water and nearly burned their house down."

A blush creeps onto Tiffany's face, "That's only because Jessica came up behind me and we were busy makin - "

Wendy covers her ears, "LALALALALALA I CAN'T AND DON'T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT YOU GUYS GETTING IT ON IN MY KITCHEN."

Irene

Please log in to read the full chapter