Thinking About You

What If Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

Irene pulls back the arrow and lets go. She holds her breath as the tip misses the bullseye by two centimeters.

She groans and walks up to the target to retrieve her arrows.

"Damn."

Irene nearly drops her bow as she turns around to see Joy standing by the door holding a soccer ball.

Joy smiles as she walks into the room and puts her stuff down.

“I didn’t know you could shoot.”

“Yeah, captain of the archery team actually.”

“No way! I've never heard you talk about it."

"I guess it never came up in a conversation? Besides, our soccer team is more popular."

"Well it's a shame that not more people are seeing this."

Irene blushes, “Did you just finish practice?” 

"No, well yes. I was actually just practicing by myself. Nationals is going to be right around the corner and I want to be ready."

"I think you guys are going to make it. The whole team is great this year. Jessica can't stop talking about it."

"Really? Sometimes I can't really tell because she's a little...emotionless?"

Irene laughs, "That's the ice princess for you. Don't worry, she just has trouble showing it verbally and emotionally."

"Ahh. She's a great captain though. I hope I can be as good as her someday."

Irene shuffles to put her arrows back in her quiver and mumbles, "You're pretty amazing already."

"What was that?"

"Nothing. I just...you're great."

Joy grins, "Is Ms. Bae calling me pretty?"

"I said great, not pretty."

Joy pouts, "I'm not pretty?"

"I didn't say that either."

"Well..." Joy says before sticking her hand out to Irene, "Are you available right now? I'd love to hear more about what you think of me."

"Eeung? Like a date?"

"Your words, not mine, but yes. I want to get to know you better."

And in that moment, Bae Irene finally understood the meaning of swooning. 

--

Wendy closes her history textbook and stretches out her arms. It’s Saturday afternoon and she had finally finished all her homework,

"I deserve a treat." 

She slaps her desk and nods to herself as she gets dressed to go to her local ice cream shop.

She runs down the stairs to see Jessica and Tiffany cuddling on the couch watching Harry Potter.

"I'm going out for ice cream! Did you guys want anything?"

"Strawberry!"

"I'll take banana."

"Got it!" She smiles and walks out the door.

--

'The weather is so nice.'

She is approaching a park near her house when she hears someone screaming.

Without thinking she quickly runs to the playground and sees someone swinging a child by their arms.

“Put them down!”

The girl slowly turns to see Wendy charging at her and before she could react, she is knocked down by the smaller girl.

Wendy quickly bends down to examine the child, “Are you hurt?”

The little boy shakes her head and Wendy breathes a sigh of relief.

“Hey, what the hell”

Wendy freezes, recognizing the voice and turns around slowly to see its owner laying on the floor brushing sand off their clothes.

“Seulgi?”

“Yeah. What is your problem?”

Wendy turns to look at the boy in front of her and back at the soccer player and realizes that she might have made a huge mistake.

“Oh my god. I’m so sorry. I thought you were hurting him.”

Seulgi scrunches up her face, “Why would I be hurting him?”

“I heard a scream and came running. I just saw you throwing him around and didn’t know what to think!”<

Please log in to read the full chapter