chapter VIII. agape

ABANDONMENT
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

agape /əˈɡeɪp/
unconditional,altruistic, selfless, spiritual love. 

 

"Dear Chanyeol,

 

I don't know how to start this letter and yet I have wrote to you so many times even though you only did at the beginning. I now wonder if you ever loved me. If what we had was actually meaningful to you or was I just a boy who got your attention for a while?

Remember when we first met? I was just a shy boy. And you? You was a bad boy, maybe that's why it took me so long to actually go out with you, even though you asked so many times. 

You was my everything then. My first kiss and my first love. 

When you were not near me, with the excuse of being too tired, I know you was with your other friends. People get bored of each other after all, and yet the sound of your heart never got old to me. I always cherished those times you used to held me in the cold, in your arms. My head on your chest, listening the calm sound of your heartbeat. 

How innocent love is at the beginning. 

I can't believe what you have done. I don't even want to know why.

I guess I was never good enough and now I can't live with this pain in my heart so I am going.

You'll be happier without me anyway,

 

Yours

-Baekhyun."

 

Luhan slowly lifted his eyes from the letter.

Should he be crying at this?

Baekhyun had killed himself thinking Chanyeol used him and fell out of love.

How sad.

 

Luhan looked at the letter for one last time and then he ripped it apart.

No sad words left from sad lovers who had left this sad word.

 

And then he opened his journal and underneath Chanyeol's words, he wrote in small letters, 

"You'll be happier without me anyway." 

 

**********

 

Luhan was very tired. Not only because of the fact that he had slept about two hours that morning, but also because of everything that had happened. 

"It's only three days left," Jongin assured him when Luhan told him he felt like giving up, "Remember what I told you at the start. You can't give up now." 

"Can I do it tonight?" Luhan asked then. 

"Do you want to?" 

"It's only three days left," Luhan said, "Let me do it." 

"Okay," Jongin smiled, "You need it anyway." 

Luhan raised an eyebrow but didn't question further. 

"We are looking for a selfless person," the taller boy said, "Someone who is very nice and gives loves to others in a selfell manner." 

"There's only boy I know who works for charity on Saturday," Luhan smiled, "He wants to be veterinarian. Look after animals. Do you know why?" 

"Why?" 

"Because he thinks that animal need to be protected as they can't protect themselves like us humans."

"How do you know?" 

"Zhang Yixing. He's orphan too," Luhan said laughing a bit, "We come from the same orphanage."

"Why don't you ever talk to him then?" 

"He tried," Luhan said, "He's so generous, he tried to help me so much. He even wanted me to volunteer with him at the orpahange. I guess he realized there's no hope for someone as hopeless as me." 

"I will make sure to get him this time," Jongin said, "As soon as we finish classes, you go home and sleep. Then be ready." 

Luhan laughed at Jongin's concern and then he walked out of the house to go to school. 

 

**********

 

"Hey!" 

"Oh hi!" the boy turned and smiled at Jongin. 

"You're Yixing, right?" Jongin said quickly catching up to him in the corridor.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter