epilogue: abandonment

ABANDONMENT
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's strange how easy it is to start forgetting faces.

In the mornings Luhan felt nervous, he missed all the things he used to do with Jongin.

Those small little talks in the morning. It hurt to keep it all inside him. If only he could find some words to describe how his heart was feeling.

They had discovered all the bodies in the woods. Jongin will be remembered as a murderer by some, while others felt sorry for him.

They didn't even bother looking for his body and Luhan was glad that Jongin and Kyungsoo could stay in peace, next to each other.

Now that the days passed Luhan was struggling to remember Jongin's face. He had gotten so used to see him every day for those ten days that he felt lost now.

Sometimes, the wind would be loud at night and Luhan would get up and look outside the window crying just to see sad trees and the stars shining.

The only thing that gave him hope was that dead stars shined too.

 

**********

 

A week had passed and Luhan couldn't take it anymore, the loneliness.

He wanted to play the cello for Sehun just like Jongin had taught him, that soft morning in the garden of yellow roses when the air was filled with sadness.

Luhan wanted to play for Sehun and make him fall in love with him. To have him bound with every kind of love to himself.

In the morning he woke up early and stared at Jongin's face on the photo he had taken before burning everything. He wanted to remember the maker of the cello to thank him for everything he had done for him.

The first difficulty Luhan had was to carry the cello in school, without being noticed, so, just to be on the safe side, he left for school even earlier than usual. 

He went straight to the music department and checked the register where students could book a practice room for themselves for the whole day. Luhan needed a safe place for his precious instrument so he checked the register. All the rooms were booked and he almost lost hope until he checked the last room. It was empty.

Then he sat down and wrote a note for Sehun:

"meet me after school in the practice room number 10 in the music department"

It was going to be a long day and Luhan was shaking just at the thought of approaching Sehun and talking to him for the first time. He shut his eyes and breathed in and out until Jongin's face appeared in front of his eyes. Luhan smiled and knew that everythin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter