chapter IX. pragma

ABANDONMENT
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

pragma /prag'-mah/
love that has matured and developed over a long period of time.

"It's a sad life isn't it?"

"But these cherry blossoms are lovely," Luhan said as he tried to catch the falling blossoms, " They're beautiful."

"Life is beautiful too, sometimes," Jongin said as he laid on the fresh grass. Blossoms falling all over him, "It's so peaceful isn't it?"

"Yes," Luhan laughed, "I wish we could stay like this forever." 

"I wish life was easier," Jongin said looking at the blue sky, "I don't think this life is for me."

"Why would you say that?" Luhan stopped and looked at Jongin surprised.

Then he kneeled down next to him.

"I'll tell you tomorrow," Jongin turned towards him.

Luhan nodded, "So who is it tonight?"

"No one," Jongin said, "You don't have to bring no one.

" Why?" Luhan was shocked," You can't give up now! You said you'll help me, you can't-"

" I'm not letting it go, " Jongin laughed," Just come to mine tonight, any time you want."

"Why?" Luhan asked raising an eyebrow and then he laughed nervously, "Am I next?"

"You really think that?"

"I don't know," Luhan said but suddenly Jongin got up angrily.

"You don't know me then," he said and started walking away, putting his hands in his pockets.

"Jongin," Luhan quickly got up shocked, "What is wrong?"

But the boy didn't answer. He just kept walking with a straight face.

Maybe he just needed some time, so Luhan stopped following him.

He trusted Jongin, afterall they had gone through so much together. If it wasn't for trust, Luhan would have never gone so far with Jongin.

He watched as Jongin became a silhouette in the distance and then he turned away and walked back to sit under the cherry blossom tree.

He will go see Jongin after lessons.

 

**********

 

Luhan waited.

As no answer came, he knocked once again in hope that Jongin would have calmed down now.

After lessons he had gone home and slept for a few hours. It was seven in the evening now, not fully dark but enough for him to feel safe and protected by the dark.

Luhan was about to knock once more when suddenly the door opened and there stood Jongin. 

"Hey Luhan!" Jongin nodded then moved asole to let the boy inside. 

"How are you Jongin?" 

"I'm okay," Jongin said following him in the bedroom, "Listen, Luhan, I'm sorry about this morning. I feel very uneasy, it's...it's juts that it's only one day left and..." 

"And we will have completed what we created," Luhan said smiling, "Don't worry about anything now. Only two days and then we can use that cello to find love." 

Jongin just nodded and smiled.

"Why are we here today, though? I was just a bit surprised, that's all. I do trust you, Jongin."

"Yeah I know, it's my fault don't worry," Jongin put a hand in his hair and smiled awkwardly, "Basically we will complete the next operation here."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"You will do it."

"I don't understand... Who?"

"The person's already in the basement."

"Dead?"

"Yeah, dead."

"Who is it?"

"Someone who loved and gave love all of himself. Someone who has completely fulfilled love. I've never seen such a innocence."

"Why didn't you ask me, though?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter