Chapter 3

Office Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That night, Jimin treats Taehyung out to dinner, a fancy dinner, going to give him the “good” news. “So, guess what?” This was something he was building up on, and if this could happen, then he could finally get his payback back pretty soon.

Taehyung looks up as he shoves lobster in his mouth. “Hm?”

“You have a date on Friday, six o’clock on the dot,” Jimin proudly says, cracking a smile, almost laughing as he watched Taehyung in a deep breath.

Taehyung almost chokes on the lobster, setting it down. “Are you serious?” He wipes his mouth quickly, feeling his heart beat just a few beats faster. “Shut up! Oh my god, what am I gonna wear? Do you have a pic of him? Where at? , what if I eat like a pig in front of him?”

“Calm down, Tae,” Jimin laughs, reaching to pat his friend’s hand. “Just be chill, like before I told you about the date. It’s going to be at a fancy place, since like I said, he’s loaded and likes all the fine things in life. Just don’t worry too much about it, things will go really good, trust me.”

Taehyung nods fully trusting Jimin, but is still freaking out. His mind was now thinking that what if he wasn’t good enough? Or worse, he wouldn’t want to date a ing loser with no job. “. I need a job! Will he judge me? Would I judge someone if they didn’t have a job?”

“Chill, Tae!” Jimin says, handing him a glass of wine. “Drink and relax. It’s Tuesday, you got three days to gather yourself together.”

Taehyung grabs the glass and chugs it down quickly, nervous as and it wasn’t even date night just yet. “What if I freak out on the date?”

“You won’t. Geez, it’s not your first time dating, why are you acting so weird now?” Jimin was surprised to see his friend looking all distressed, but it never happened before.

“That was before, when I actually had a job, now…would he really want to date me? , what if I really like him and he leaves me high and dry?” Taehyung nibbles on his thumb nail and raises his glass in the air, needing another refill.

“Just be you,” Jimin says, trying to calm him down. “His loss if he doesn’t like you for you.” Wow, it was harder said than done. Seeing his friend like this gave him a slight sense of guilt, but he also went through the same thing, and Taehyung had no remorse for him either. “Who knows, maybe he’s a lot cooler than you think.”

“True…” Taehyung runs his fingers through his hair, tugging on the front of it. “So you said we might go somewhere nice, right?”

Jimin nods as he breaks his lobster. “That’s right, so dress up very good to make an impression.” Who knows, he just might get the job he’s been wanting also. Jimin knew when it came down to talking about his work he was all focused, not missing a beat in acting professional about it either.

“Okay, suit…I should still have my old suit from my last job.” Taehyung hung it somewhere in his messy closet, he was now gonna have to go through all his clothes to find it now. “Should I…I don’t know, take flowers or something?”

“Flowers?” Jimin giggles, placing food in his mouth. “I don’t think he’s the flower type.” Jeongguk, liking flowers? It was laughable, but maybe for kicks, Taehyung should take some. “You know what? Bring flowers, he loves white roses.”

“Yeah?” Taehyung let out a sigh of relief and took mental note of it, trying to do everything perfect for the date. “So Friday, right?”

“Yup, so don’t be late. I’m still waiting for the location though,” Jimin replied. He needed to find a nice fancy place that was met with Jeongguk’s standards- pronto. “I’ll let you know as soon as he tells me.”

Taehyung just smiles shyly, still can’t believing he’s going on a date with someone. It’s been a bit over a year since his last boyfriend, but that didn’t end so well. He was now more than ready to take that extra step to start picking up on it again.

He was afraid of being hurt again, and by hurt, cheated on, but he couldn’t assume every guy was the same type. Doing that would only lead to him being lonely for all his already lonely life.

 

 

 

 

After they ate their dinner, they went back home full, both with bloated tummies as they sat in the living room. “Wanna play some games?” Taehyung asks, feeling up for some video games until his stomach went down. “I’ve been busy looking for a job that I’ve neglected on my true love.”

“Just two rounds, I have to be up early for work tomorrow.” Jimin still had to finish a report, plus print out contacts for people to hand over to Jeongguk.

“Not a problem, that’s more than enough time to whoop your ,” Taehyung smirks, getting up to get the controllers. “Change the channel to the game, and prepare to lose like the loser you are.” Taehyung handed Jimin his controller and sat down next to him. “May the best man win.”

“I will,” Jimin says with a sly smile. “Don’t cry yourself tonight when you go to bed, just keep trying to beat me, even though trying won’t get you nowhere.”

“Pfft, you wish, short ,” Taehyung scoffed. Taehyung was now set to really beating Jimin in the game, even though his friend was really good at it in the first place. As a bit time went on, Taehyung slowly realized that he was losing, but said nothing as he tried his best to keep going strong.

Three hours later and it ends up with him actually winning, feeling real smug about it. “Can’t compare to my skills, Jiminie boy.”

“Trust me,” Jimin smirks. “I have good skills just like you do.” He gets up off the sofa, smacking Taehyung’s thigh as he starts to stretch. “I’m going to head straight to bed, I’ll shower in the morning. Goodnight, loser.”

“You were the loser tonight,” Taehyung says, standing up as well.

“Don’t worry, your time will come,” Jimin winks. “Sleep tight, Tae.”

“You too, Chim.” Taehyung grabbed the remote and flicked off the t.v, placing the remote back on the coffee table. He yawned, feeling his sleepiness starting to take over, feeling like he could actually sleep really good.

When he got to his room, he got undressed, only staying in his boxers. “Guk…I wonder if your face looks better than your name,” he softly giggles to himself. He decides to shower in the morning also, settling himself under his blankets.

“Maybe my days this time won’t be so boring once I go on the date,” Taehyung mumbles. It was the same routine almost every day. Wake up, apply, eat, dinner, sleep, almost like daily clock work. His life was losing some fun and he was hoping things would change.

**

In the morning, Taehyung is up at the crack of dawn, back to looking online for more jobs, wanting to at this point give up and just work as a door holder or something easy like that. Yawning loudly as he read stupid questions they asked, he rested his palm under his chin, clicking.

The feeling was like taking a bubble in test they took back in grade school, and just doing it was tiring him out. Getting up, he walks to the kitchen to make himself some coffee, not that he liked it, but it helped keep him up.

“Morning, Tae!” Jimin cheerfully says, almost doing the moonwalk as he walked into the kitchen. He was set on giving his boss the restaurant, but wouldn’t tell Taehyung until he was for certain that Jeongguk would be okay at the new hot spot.

Taehyung grunts, closing the lid of the coffee pot. “I’m so tired. Is the store down the street hiring? Do you think they’ll hire me on the spot?”

Jimin grins with a shake of his head, clasping a hand on Taehyung’s shoulder. “Tae, my sweet amazing best friend. Don’t ever, and I mean ever give up on finding your dream job. Who knows, it might uh, come soon than you think.” Moving around Taehyung to grab a mug from the cabinet, Jimin sees the coffee almost done, setting his mug down next to it.

“You think so?” Taehyung questions as he holds back another yawn. “I guess I’ll give it another week or two, but if there’s nothing, I’ll be looking for anything I guess.” Taehyung leaned against the counter, running a hand over his hair, looking to see if the coffee was done yet. “I don’t’ want to stay too long with no job. I know you need help in this too.”

“I’m fine, Tae,” Jimin reassures Taehyung. “If I was struggling like crazy, and scared about losing the place, plus bills going crazy behind, then I would say something, but it’s not like that.” Jimin sees the coffee done and pours himself first. “Now, I’m off to work.”

Taehyung nods, pushing himself off the counter to pour himself. “Okay, have a good day at work, make sure you work hard.”

“Don’t I always?” Jimin winks. “Good luck on filling out applications though, I’ve always hated doing that.”

“It’s the worst part,” Taehyung grunts, pouring himself a cup. “Now their asking me like two hundred questions about teamwork. I swear by the time it’s done, I don’t think I’d want to fill out anymore for the day.”

Jimin walks to the entry of the kitchen, looking at Taehyung. “Take a few hours off in between. Even if you hate filling them out, every question is important.”

“I know,” Taehyung says. “I just hate doing it.”

Blowing a kiss to a sleepy Taehyung, Jimin takes off out of the home, and skips carefully on his way to his car.

 

At work, Jimin felt so freaking good, just more…alive. The excitement he was getting from this whole setup was making him in the best moods he’s ever been in. Doing a twirl in the hall, right outside Jeongguk’s office doors, he stands still, gripping his daily dose of folders. He shakes his hair back and intakes a deep, raising his fist to knock on the door. “Play it cool, you got this,” he pep talks before knocking.

“Come in!” Jeongguk’s voice booms from the inside.

This was his neck on the line, but Jimin had to get back at Taehyung, and he would truly be ed if Jeongguk found out he was being played along. Pushing those horrible thoughts out, he smiles brightly, his revenge still in order.

He walks in and see his boss as usual, busy writing something down on some papers. Looking down at the note he had wrote out for the information from the restaurant, he grabs ahold of it and walks in front of Jeongguk’s desk.

"Sir, Friday at that new Japanese restaurant, 'Kitcho,' Jimin says, handing him a note of the time and place. "I heard it's the top of the line, only for the best." Jimin at least told Taehyung that he would be going to a fancy restarurant, so he should know to dress up.

“That’s fine,” Jeongguk says, looking down at the paper. “Make sure you give me a list of questions that I should be asking, just in case my mind slips on certain areas.” He’s never interviewed anyone so he wasn’t sure what was normally asked.

All he wanted was someone who was good at doing what he asks, without having to complain or talk back. He dismissed Jimin from the office and stared at the paper, not sure where the place was.

He also had to keep in mind that the guy was a bit not all there, but he wouldn’t judge him, that’s not something he would ever do to any future employee. Letting out a loud sigh, he folded the paper in half and stuck it in his pocket for later.

Jeongguk opened up his browser and right away checked his emails to see where his team was on a new game he was designing. It was an action game with beasts and other creatures that were involved, mainly all about being in battle.

Clicking the first email, he read what was sent and rubbed his brows in frustration. The design team was still having a hard time figuring out a character that he personally created, but they were now looking for a personality to give him.

Getting up from his chair, Jeongguk pressed his intercom and told his secretary to have the creative director in room B for a short meeting. The game really needed to be released next year now that other teams were working on another upcoming game that wouldn’t be released until the following year, if they get done in time.

**

Taehyung is out buying some food, taking a break from the computer as he shops for him and Jimin. He put himself on a fifty dollar budget, so he had to get a lot of cheap foods, not just ramen. He wanted to refrain from the soup also since it bloats him a lot, and in no way did he want to look bloated when he goes on a date with this new guy name Guk.

He was at a local food store, the same place he and Jimin shop all the time for their weekly shopping. This time though, even if he had to go cheap, he wanted to go more healthy and not just toss in his cookies or favorite snacks.

For the date with Guk, he wanted to look really good, just perfect on the special night. Just thinking about it all over again made him smile widely, feeling like he won a million dollars while strolling through the aisles.

Passing by the junk food with a pout, he eyed some cookies that were his favorite, but told himself that he needed to not breakout on the day he wanted the most.

Sacrifice. That’s what he was doing, and it was all for Guk, the guy who could really be the one for him. None of the guys he’s ever met actually like anime, or even played as much video games as he did. Guk seemed on a whole new level, a level he wanted to be a part of, but first he had to impress him with his God given good looks.

When he got to the produce section, he frowned, not really in the mood to actually cook and use anything. Still, for the sake of love and keeping him and his best friend healthy, he bought what was needed for them.

Looking at all the veggies on display, Taehyung didn’t know what to really get. Getting a couple of bell peppers, he places them in bags, and looks at the celery, not sure what to cook with that, but he was sure Jimin would find something useful for them.

Getting a few more vegetables, Taehyung looks around at the produce, wondering what else he was needing in his basket. With a shrug, he ties up the last bag. “There,” he says, putting the last of the vegetables in the cart. “That should be everything!” Taehyung double checks everything again and pushes the basket to the check out lane, trying to find the shortest line.

His phone buzzes in the pocket of his pants and finds a lane to go into before looking at the text message. Once he got in line, he quickly checks to see who it is, and squeals quietly while in line and texts back Jimin as fast as he could.

 

 

 

Quickly glancing at the non-moving line, he googles the new place, bookmarking the place so when the day comes, he could get the directions

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter