Chapter 2

Office Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehyung was sitting at the computer in his home, sighing as he clicked to see if anyone at least emailed him back about a damn job, but his luck…nothing. Groaning, Taehyung brought up another tab and started googling for jobs that were hiring.

He used to be a graphic designer for some small company, but this time around, he wanted to try something a little more different. Having a degree in business, he didn’t want that to go to waste and end up working at some fast food joint. There was nothing wrong with that, but he went to college and worked hard enough to avoid places like that.

The only thing was finding a company that was actually willing to hire him. He didn’t do anything wrong, but he assumes his firing from his old job sets back a lot of opportunities.

Taehyung ends up filling out an application of some company he’s never heard about, kind of knowing it wouldn’t matter if he did or not.

His chances were slim, but alas, it wouldn’t hurt to just try.

After filling out everything he needed, he pushed his chair back, stretching his aching muscles from sitting for too long. “Time to start dinner,” he mumbles getting up.

Making his way to the kitchen, he pokes at his soft tummy, wondering if he should diet soon. Smiling at the crazy thought, he shook his head and went to open the fridge to find some food.

Taehyung looked around as he moved some food out of the way to see exactly what they had in their nearly empty fridge. Nothing. “Ramen it is then,” he says closing the fridge. He couldn’t tell Jimin to go buy food, not when he was working hard to now pay for the bills. Taehyung was stressing looking for a job, hating how he was out of luck.

Starting the stove, Taehyung grabbed a packet from the cabinet and tore it open, dumping the block into the water. Just then he hears the front door open and in steps Jimin, placing down his briefcase by the door. “Hey, Chim, how was work?”

“Good, long as usual,” Jimin says, stepping out of his shoes. “Whatcha cooking?” Jimin makes his way into the kitchen and sees the stove on with Taehyung standing in front of it.

“Ramen, want some?” Taehyung offers, already reaching for another packet in the cabinet.

“Sure.” Jimin walks to the small table they shared, and sits down comfortably. “How was your day?”

Taehyung nibbles his lower lip as he places another ramen block on top of his. “It’s going, just you know, filling out applications all damn day.”

Jimin hums, tapping his fingers along the table. “Keep trying, you never know when you’ll get a call.” Jimin looks at Taehyung’s back as his best friend is staring down at the stove. “So…I have a friend that is single.”

Taehyung’s ears perk up at that and turns around real quick. “Is he hot?”

“Very. He’s also rich, very rich,” Jimin grins, using the same words Taehyung said to him. “He’s a too. The guy is a bit um…” Jimin rubs his chin as he tries to come up a good word for his boss. “A bit of a strict prude though, but he’s totally your type. I think he’s a dom by the way he acts, something you look for, don’t you?”

Taehyung is already blushing just thinking about the guy he’s never seen before. “You know me so well,” Taehyung smiles, shyly. “How old is he?”

“He’s twenty-six, very young successful guy, but like I said, you have a chance of bagging him.” Jimin holds back a laugh as he sees Taehyung’s mind already daydreaming. “He loves to work out as well, I heard he has a eight pack or something,” Jimin says, leaning forward on the table. “People saw him working out in the company gym, so just going by what I heard.”

“No way!” Taehyung purses his lips and giggles. “What’s his name?”

Jimin wanted to tell him his name, but knowing Taehyung he’d probably google the guy right away. “He goes by Guk, but I’m sure he’ll tell you his full name once you both meet.” Jimin would let Taehyung google him after he meets his boss, not wanting to up the prank.

“Guk,” Taehyung dreamily sighs, forgetting about their boiling soup on the stove.

“Uh, Tae…the ramen?”

Taehyung curses, quickly getting up and going to check on the soup. “Crap…they’re overcooked….” Taehyung frowns and turns off the stove, needing to start all over again. “I’ll make more.”

“Let’s order pizza instead,” Jimin suggests. “I got a raise today, so let’s indulge a bit, how about it?”

Taehyung’s eyes open wide as he turns to his friend. “Congrats Chim! Oh my god! Wait!” Taehyung runs out of the kitchen and into the bedroom. He runs to his closet and moves a few boxes that he stored away and sees his saved wine bottle for special occasions.

Running back with the red wine, he smiles brightly at Jimin as he flashes his bottle. “Now we can drink to it!” Taehyung goes to the cabinets and pulls out two glasses. He starts pouring the wine into the bottles, filling them both up to the very top. “We’re gonna get tipsy tonight!”

Jimin chuckles, but doesn’t object to it either. It wouldn’t be the first time he got tipsy on a Monday night. “I’ll order the pizza then.” Jimin dials the pizza place and orders them both two large pepperoni pizza, with extra cheese and pepperoni of course.

Taehyung sets Jimin’s glass of wine in front of him and takes a sip of his own as he walks to his seat. His taste buds dance with glee as the taste went smoothly down his throat.

The wine was over two hundred dollars, but he’s had it saved for a least a year. “S’ good,” he says, the remaining flavor off his lips.

Jimin puts his phone down and brings the glass to his lips. “Is it that good?” Seeing for himself, Jimin takes a small sip and hums at the good sweet taste. “Wow, sweet, but yet- so rich in flavor. I think your date would actually like this stuff.”

Date. Taehyung bites his lower lip as he smiles. “So, when will you set us up?”

Taking a bit more of his wine, Jimin smacks his lips as he places the glass down. “Maybe sometime this week, we’ll see what he says.”

Taehyung drinks more his wine as his heart pounds already thinking about the date. “What does he like?”

“Video games,” Jimin says, not lying about that.

“No way!” It was a match made in heaven for Taehyung, he just knew it. “Does he like anime? You know how much I love all that .”

Jimin nods. “He’s crazy about anime’s, all kinds, but his all-time favorite is Dragon Ball Z.” And Jimin only knew that after seeing Jeongguk watch the show while on his lunch break.

Taehyung squeals and could already picture their conversation on their date night. “He’s so perfect!” he beams, clasping his hands together. “I’m so excited! I really can’t wait!”

Jimin agrees, he can’t wait either. The way Taehyung was acting was the exactly the same way he was acting when Taehyung told him all about his own “date” too.

The pizza arrives and both boys are now sitting in the living room watching ‘Titanic’. Taehyung had prepared a box of tissues on the coffee table for them both when the time came, and Jimin sat indian style on his spot of the sofa, covered up with his blanket.

Of course to get to the main part, they ended up skipping all the beginning of it, starting the movie when Jack Dawson actually appears on the screen. Taehyun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter