Chapter 6

Office Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That night, he had plans to have Bogum over for dinner.

Taehyung was going to go grocery shopping to prepare the meal, but Bogum wanted to tag along with him, wanting to do it together. Not disagreeing, Taehyung welcomed it, a bit excited about seeing him after so long.

“Tae, um, I’ll be going to Yoongi’s home, Jin and Joon are gonna be there also,” Jimin says.

“So you won’t be here with me and Bogum?” Taehyung didn’t want it to seem like a date either, not wanting Bogum to get the wrong impression. “Why don’t we join you?”

“Just enjoy your night with Bogum, I’ll probably stay the night with Yoongi, so um…have fun?” Jimin grins, poking Taehyung’s tummy. “Take care, and remember, there’s no work tomorrow, it’s Saturday, maybe drink up tonight.”

Taehyung rolls his eyes with a sigh. “Yeah, sure. Have fun at Yoongi’s, tell everyone I said hi.”

Later that night, Taehyung and Bogum are at the grocery store, walking the aisles, looking to see what they wanted to cook. “Should we just go out somewhere?” Taehyung asks, not really a good cook to begin with.

Bogum shakes his head. “It’s a special night for us. We haven’t seen each other in so long. I think cooking together would get us closer again.”

“Oh…okay.” Taehyung looks around for anything that they could cook, not sure what he could whip up. “Uh, do you like ramen?”

“I got something in mind,’ Bogum says. “Let’s go to the produce section.”

Taehyung pushes the basket that way, stopping almost to a halt when he sees Jeongguk talking to someone in the distance. Feeling his heart pound, Taehyung shamelessly stares at his crush, feeling his twitch at the sight of his boss.

 

Bogum turns around and sees Taehyung looking down at his phone, slowly pushing the basket. “Tae? You okay?”

“Swell,” he croaks out. “Sorry, yeah, just…forget it, let’s go get what you need.” Taehyung sneaks another glance at Jeongguk and sees him looking at him. In daze, Taehyung bumps into someone in front of him, making the person yell. “So sorry!” Taehyung apologizes, bowing repeatedly.

“Watch where you’re going!” the person angrily shouts, taking off with a huff.

Taehyung is tempted to leave the shopping basket and dash outside back to his car, but Bogum is busy trying to comfort him. “I wasn’t paying attention.” Damn y Jeongguk, with his damn beautiful smile.

“It’s okay,” Bogum chuckles. “You got distracted, hopefully by me of course.”

“Are you okay?” Jeongguk asks, approaching Taehyung after seeing what happened.

Taehyung’s knees buckled when he smelled Jeongguk’s cologne, plus his hair looking like he just got out of bed. Avoiding his eyes, Taehyung looks at the strong muscular arms that he wanted wrapped around him. “Fine,” Taehyung squeaks out.

“Be careful next time,” Jeongguk says.

“I’ll take care of him,” Bogum says, holding Taehyung’s shoulders.

Taehyung subtly tries to move Bogum hands from him, but the grip was tight. “I’ll be fine, Guk, thank you.”

Bogum looks at Taehyung surprised. “You know him?”

“He’s my boss,” Taehyung whispers, moving out of the hold.

Jeongguk rubs the back of his neck, looking at the floor. “Well, I’ll let you get back to your…evening.”

Taehyung wants nothing more than to keep talking to him, not wanting to part ways. “Are…are you busy tonight?”

“Hm? Um, no?” Jeongguk just finished working out and was going to go home and shower up before laying down to watch t.v.

“I’m making dinner with my friend here, and, if you want…you can join us.” Taehyung knew it was a long shot, he just had to ask though. “I plan on watching Naruto tonight, not sure if you like that show.”

Jeongguk ran hand through his hair, debating. He didn’t think it was a good idea, it was something he’s never done either. All he knew how to do was run a company, that was it. But then again, Taehyung was his closest employee who he trusts. “Uh, sure, if you don’t mind.”

Taehyung gasped, not believing his ears. “Really?” He was shocked, expecting to get denied and possibly fired for even suggesting it. “Oh, awesome!” Taehyung now was starting to panic about dinner. “Did you have anything in mind that you want to eat?”

“Tae,” Bogum says. “I’ll make something, I told you.”

Jeongguk rubs his hands together and speaks up. “I’ll have whatever, it’s fine. I’m just gonna pick up some drinks for myself. You can send me your address when you’re done.”

“Perfect,” Taehyung almost swoons. “I’ll see you later, Gukkie!”

Jeongguk froze, turning around. “What?”

Taehyung covers his mouth and looks at Bogum. “Gotta go! I’ll text you in a bit!” Taehyung pushes the basket to the produce aisle with Bogum trying to catch up to him.

“Whoa, slow down Tae, what’s going on?” Bogum had a feeling of what it was, it was kinda obvious.

“Nothing, it’s just, that was my boss, you know, the CEO and I got intimidated..."

“Are you sure you want to invite him then? I mean, this is your weekend off, don’t you want to take time away from him?” Bogum wouldn’t want to be near his boss on his day off, that’s for sure.

Taehyung shakes his head with a small smile. “He’s a good guy, just…hard to get through. I’m honestly shocked he agreed to eat dinner with us, he always eats alone in his office.”

“I was hoping that it would’ve been just the two of us,” Bogum confesses.

“But Jimin would’ve joined us if he didn’t leave the last minute, so I didn’t think it’d matter if I invited Jeongguk.” Taehyung could see the hurt in Bogum’s eyes, feeling guilty for not thinking of him more. “Next time we can have dinner alone, promise.”

Bogum takes Taehyung hand in his. “I’ll make sure you keep your word.”

 

When Taehyung gets home, they both unload the car, taking the bags inside the house. Taehyung had already texted Jeongguk to come over while almost home, and he was getting butterflies just thinking about it.

“Is your boss on his way?”

“Yeah, he’s just dropping off his stuff at his home, then he’ll head over.” Taehyung still needed to clean up a bit more, he had to make a good impression.

“You should ask him to bring his girlfriend…or boyfriend…”

Taehyung giggles as he grabs the last bag from the car. “He’s straight and single.”

Oh good. Bogum relaxes and smiles brightly, following Taehyung in the home. “So, you do what you need to do for your extra guest, and I’ll get started in the kitchen.”

“Thank you!” Taehyung leaves the bags on the kitchen table and goes into the living room to start cleaning up. He hopes and prays that Jeongguk is still in his sweats, but then again he wishes he wasn’t or else he’s afraid of staring for too long.

Twenty minutes later and the door bell rings. Taehyung rushes to the door, tripping over his end table, falling to the floor, scaping his knee. Wincing and struggling to get up, Taehyung pushes aside the pain and rushes to the door, quickly opening it. “Hi!”

Still in his grey sweats, Taehyung almost dropped to his knees right there and then. He was so screwed when it came to his boss.

“Hi,” Jeongguk says back, hands in his pockets. Just feeling Taehyung’s eyes starting at him, he was starting to get a bit uncomfortable. “So…are you going to let me in or keep me out here?”

Taehyung splutter out nonsense, quickly opening the door. “S-sorry! Please, come in. My friend Bogum is in the kitchen making dinner, you’re more than welcome to watch t.v if you like.” This felt like one of those bad date nights he’s seen in movies where things go wrong.

Jeongguk was led to the living room and sat down on a black sofa with a lot of back pillows. “Nice home,” he comments as he looks around.

Going red, Taehyung thanks him, handing him the remote. “I have cable, so you can watch whatever you’d like. I’m gonna go see if Bogum needs help…do you want anything to drink?”
“Water,” Jeongguk says, putting the remote next to him, leaving the t.v off. He wasn’t comfortable enough to casually turn on a t.v and start flipping through channels.

Taehyung nervously gnawed on his lower lip, not sure what would make his boss more at ease. He glances towards the kitchen and back to Jeongguk. “I’ll be back with your water then.” Taehyung leaves Jeongguk and walks to the kitchen.

“Your boss is here?” Bogum

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter