Chapter 10

Office Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeongguk drinks more of his beer back, rolling his eyes as Bogum moves closer to the table, reaching out for Taehyung. Poking the side of cheek with his tongue, he looked the other way as Taehyung held onto Bogum’s hand, singing out loud with him.

This was so cringeworthy to Jeongguk. He wanted to bolt right out and go back to the room he rented for the night to sing alone. He didn’t know how much longer he could take this.

He finishes the rest of his beer, and just as the song finishes, Bogum leans all the way across the table to kiss Taehyung.

He painfully watches as Bogum make his move, then just as Bogum was going to kiss Taehyung on his lips, Taehyung turns his head to get kissed on the cheek,looking at him. Jeongguk didn’t know how long he held his breath for but when he snapped out of it, he was ready to leave.

Bogum pouts, giving Taehyung’s cheek another kiss. “No lips?” Taehyung really enjoyed his performance, and everything he’s done for him, but he felt weird kissing in front of Jeongguk like this. “I’m sorry.” Taehyung regretfully says, avoiding his eyes. “I can’t,” he whispers.

Bogum stands back up, shooting a glare at Jeongguk and puts the microphone back down on the table. “Someone else can go now,” he mumbles, reaching for a beer. He slides back next to Taehyung when Jin and Namjoon get up to do a duet together.

As Jin and Namjoon were scrolling through a long list of songs, Jin glanced back at Jeongguk and Bogum, turning to whisper to Namjoon. “This is so weird.”

“The song was.”

“Not the song!” Jin says, smacking Namjoon’s arm. “Them three,” he says with a tilt of his towards the men behind him. “They don’t look happy.”

Namjoon sighs, glancing back. “And Jimin thinks he knows what he’s doing, doesn’t he?”

“Poor guy keeps trying though.”

Jeongguk grabs another beer and stands up. “I’m gonna get going, I have things I forgot I had to do."

Taehyung furrows his brows. “Like what?"

“Something that doesn’t concern you,” Jeongguk says. “Have a good evening.” Barely giving everyone a glance, he walks out of the room, feeling his heart pounding against his chest.

This was a bad idea. He knew he couldn’t stop Taehyung from doing anything, he didn’t know what he was thinking.

Then again…when it came to Taehyung, he forgets how to think.

“Guk!” Taehyung shouts, running to catch up to Jeongguk. When he catches up to him, he takes ahold of his hand, feeling the warmth in it. “Did you need want company?”

Jeongguk looks down at their hands, then looks back up at Taehyung with Bogum walking up to them. He pushes Taehyung’s hand away, shaking his head. “No….”

“What if I want to go with you?” Taehyung whispers.

“Everything okay, Tae?” Bogum asks, wrapping his arm around Taehyung’s shoulder. “I was hoping you and I could do a duet together.”

“Let me talk to Jeongguk first,” Taehyung said. “I’ll meet you back in the room in a bit.”

Bogum clenches his jaw tightly, not liking Taehyung to be around Jeongguk. “Okay, fine.” He grabs Taehyung’s chin, forcing him to look his way as he kisses him.

Jeongguk turns around and takes off walking, not wanting to see it anymore. It was enough. He’s seen enough of it, and each time they kissed, it only broke him more.

Leaving as fast as he could, he bumps into the waitress from earlier, spilling the drinks on her tray all over her dress.

“I’m sorry,” Jeongguk quickly apologizes, seeing her soaked dress. He wishes he had a jacket or coat to help her cover her wet dress but he had nothing. “I’ll pay for your dry cleaning if you want.”

The girl giggles, not minding the spilt drinks. “It’s okay,” she winks. “I do get off in five minutes though. Maybe you can take me to buy another dress afterwards.”

Jeongguk looks to the floor and starts picking up the glass that fell down. “Do you have a broom? I’ll clean this up for you.”

“Call me Sofie,” she smiles. “And I’ll be back to clean this up with you.”

Jeongguk begins picking up the glass pieces, careful not to cut himself. He cursed to himself for not paying attention, making such a mess when he just wanted to leave. Now he had to take the lady to buy another dress, and he wasn’t in the mood for such things.

The last thing he needed was him being in the papers, with anything negative things about him.

“Guk?” Taehyung sees him on the floor picking up glass, rushing over to help.

“What happened?”

“Don’t’ touch the glass,” Jeongguk warns. “I don’t need you hurt.”

Taehyung ignores him and helps pick up pieces. “Why did you leave? I was wanting to talk to you.”

“Go back to your boyfriend and friends, I’m fine on my own.” Jeongguk stood up and sees Sofie walking with a broom and dustpan, with a trash can in her other hand. He puts the glass in the bin and takes the broom from her hands, cleaning the mess up himself.

“I want to talk,” Taehyung says, dumping the glass in the trashcan. “We haven’t spoken much.”

“I have a mop!” an elderly man says, walking up to them. “I’ll take it from here.”

Jeongguk hands the man the broom and looks at Sofie. “Ready?”

Sofie nods enthusiastically, pushing her long hair over her shoulder. “Yes!”

“Goodnight, Taehyung,” Jeongguk says, turning to walk away, leaving Sofie to jog after him.

Taehyung wanted to cry. He was really leaving with her? Blinking away his tears, he followed after the couple, his heart feeling like it was being ripped out. “I shouldn’t be mad,” Taehyung says to himself.

Still, that didn’t stop his feet from following after them. “Wait!” he shouts once they step outside.

Jeongguk stops in his tracks and turns back to Taehyung. “Go inside, Taehyung.”

Taehyung shakes his head, breathing becoming heavy. “Where are you going?”

Sofie crosses her arms, tapping her heel against the concrete ground.

“It doesn’t matter,” Jeongguk said, turning back around. He walks to the car and motions Sofie to get in first.

Sofie smiles brightly, sliding in the car, awing at the luxury of it on the inside. “So beautiful in here.”

Taehyung didn’t know what came over him, but the next thing he knew he went in the car also, sitting himself next to Sofie, making Jeongguk have to sit next to him.

“What do you think you’re doing?” Jeongguk hisses. “Your boyfriend and friends are going to come look for you, go back, now.”

“I want to talk to you,” Taehyung stubbornly insists.

“We have work on Monday to talk, and besides that, like you said, we don’t speak much anymore.” Jeongguk reached in the car going to grab Taehyung’s arm to pull him out, but once he saw tears in his eyes, he couldn’t. “Fine.” He gets in the car, closing the door. “Any clothing store that is open at this hour,” Jeongguk says to his driver.

Taehyung didn’t know why they were going to a clothing store, but he kept quiet, wanting to see what was going on. He took his phone out and texted Jimin that he was Jeongguk, then texted Bogum the same thing, telling him that he and Jeongguk needed to talk.

Turning off his phone, he puts it back in his pocket and starts to smell alcohol in the car. He thought it was himself who smelled, but once he smelled himself, he turned to the girl, seeing her dress soaked in different places.

When they got to a late night shop, Jeongguk got out, followed by Taehyung. The driver opened Sofie’s side of the door, helping her out of the car. Jeongguk walks to the front door, opening it up for Taehyung and Sofie to walk in first.

“Pick anything you want,” Jeongguk says to her.

Sofie walks around the store, eyeing all the dress and shoes, not believing her luck.

“What are you doing with her here?” Taehyung asks, hoping it was nothing what he was thinking.

“I spilled the drinks all over her,” Jeongguk sighs. “It’s only right that I buy her a new dress.”

Ohhh. Taehyung thought something else. “That’s it?”

Jeongguk scrunches his brows, looking confused at Taehyung. “Did you think I was going to go home with her?” Seeing Taehyung quiet made him chuckle. “Fool. I was actually rushing back to play games at home.”

“Oh…” Taehyung felt embarrassed once again, hating how his jealousy kept coming out.

Jeongguk crosses his arms, looking at Sofie go about the store. “You really should’ve stayed with Bogum. It seems like you two were having fun together in the room.”

“I was having fun,” Taehyung said, stepping closer to Jeongguk. “He’s a good guy, and he knew my favorite song from my favorite movie.”

“Mm.” Jeongguk takes a step back and doesn’t know what else to say. “That’s um….good.”

“I wanted to hear you sing.” Taehyung wished he would’ve heard him sing, he was sure he sang as beautiful as he spoke. “Will you sing for me sometime?”

“I’m not Bogum.”

“I never said you were,” Taehyung winces. “I just meant…I want to hear you sing.”

“I’m not a singer,” Jeongguk says, walking up to a random clothing rack. He looks through the clothes, acting like they were the most interesting shirts he’s ever seen.

“I’m sure you sound nice.” Taehyung looks through the shirts also, glancing at Jeongguk every now and then.

“I found something!” Sofie cheerfully says, holding up a small red dress and some high heels.

After paying for the items, they were back in the car, going to drop Sofie off at her place. The car ride was silent again, no one talking, all in their own worlds. When they arrived at Sofie’s home, she gets off and is happy to see Jeongguk get off with her. “Thank you.”

“Not a problem. I’m sorry I messed up your dress.”

“It’s okay. Did um, you maybe want to come back to my home after you drop him off somewhere? We could do whatever you want,” Sofie grins. “I can make it worth your while.”

“No thank you, I’m done for the evening, good night.” Jeongguk leaves her standing there as he gets back in his car, sitting next to Taehyung. “Back to the karaoke room.”

“What? Why?” Taehyung asks, not wanting to end the night with Jeongguk. “I want to catch up on things with you.”

“Next time. I don’t want problems again with Bogum.” Jeongguk gave Taehyung a smile, patting his hand in comfort.

Taehyung shook his head, then rested it on Jeongguk’s shoulder. “Are we friends?”

“I once thought so…”

Taehyung interlocks their fingers together, holding Jeongguk’s hand tightly. “We’re friends now.”

“Friends…” Jeongguk wasn’t too satisfied with that. “What if…never mind.”

“What?” Taehyung lifts his head up, wanting to hear what Jeongguk was going to say. “What if what?”

“Forget it.” Jeongguk closes his eyes, resting his head against the seat. “I’ll probably go home and sleep instead.”

Taehyung taps the driver’s shoulder. “Go to his home. I’ll be spending time with him.”

Jeongguk shot his eyes open, shaking his head. “No!” He looks at the driver, narrowing his eyes at him. “Take him back to the karaoke place.”

“I told Bogum that I was with you and that we needed to talk, okay?” Taehyung squeezed Jeongguk’s hand tightly, wanting him to change his mind. “I miss hanging out with you. It was fun that day we spent together.”

Jeongguk just stared at Taehyung a little longer, telling his driver to just go home instead. “I had fun also. I wish things didn’t stop between us.” Gently giving a squeeze back to Taehyung’s hand, he lifts it up, placing a soft kiss on the back of his hand.

 

Back at the karaoke building, Bogum sat drinking down beers, no one no longer singing anymore. He tried calling Taehyung, but his phone was off. Why did he have to turn off his phone to talk to Jeongguk? Why couldn’t he talk to him in front of him?

Jimin slowly gets up, nudging Yoongi to do the same. “I guess the drinks are done now. Does anyone wanna chill at my place for the rest of the night?”

Namjoon shook his head, standing up as well. “I um,” he looks at Bogum glaring at the wall ahead, still chugging down his beer. “Need to get some sleep.” He shakes his head at Jimin, hoping he realizes what he did was wrong.

“I have my hamster to feed,” Jin says. “Yoongi, care to help me feed my hamster?”

“Why would I do that?” Yoongi questions, not even knowing Jin owned one.

Jin makes a tight smile, wanting him to go along with it. “Because you’re my friend who always helps me.”

Yoongi rolls his eyes, leaning to Jimin. “Guess you have to handle Bogum on your own now too.”

Jimin wanted to scream. Maybe he wasn’t so good at thinking ahead of any situation. “Great,” he mutters, glancing at a pissed off Bogum. “Take care guys, and thanks for coming.”

Once they leave, Jimin sits next to Bogum, asking him if he wanted him to order more beer. He felt bad this was all his doing, but he was trying to help his best friend, and now he had a ticked off boyfriend. He really at this whole thing.

“You know, you don’t have to worry about Taehyung, right? He’s a good guy just trying to get along with his boss,” Jimin says, trying to reassure him. “He’ll be home later, and once he gets home, I’ll tell him to text you.”

Bogum slams the beer bottle down, making Jimin flinch. “He still likes him that much, huh?” Bogum closes his eyes, chuckling. “He didn’t even want to kiss me tonight while he was around. Why did I think this whole thing could work out?”

Jimin wishes he had a beer now, but he drank enough for the night, still needing to drive. “I don’t know what to tell you, I’m sorry.”

“Don’t be. For a while I knew it wasn’t me on his mind, but as a good person, I still gave him the benefit of a doubt.” Bogum checked his phone again, just to see if Taehyung possibly texted him back, not expecting a single text in the end.

“Want me to talk to him for you?”

“No. It’s something we both need to talk about, but I’m…I’m just going to break up with him.” Bogum didn’t want to. He liked Taehyung too much to want to leave him, but he couldn't compare. “I’ll wish him the best though.”

It was as though, the way he wanted Taehyung, was the way Taehyung wanted Jeongguk.

How could it ever work out in the end for him?

 

Taehyung is sitting down on Jeongguk’s sofa with a water bottle in his hand as they listen to music. He keeps staring down at his phone, his heart not feeling right. “Guk,” he quietly says, grabbing his phone.

“Call him,” Jeongguk says calmly. “You can leave if you want.”

Taehyung doesn’t want to leave, but he can’t be with Bogum when he wants Jeongguk still. He did try with Bogum though, but being back with Jeongguk like this, just made up his mind. “I’m going to break up with him.”

Jeongguk sits up straight, facing Taehyung. “What? Why?” His heart was racing at a fast speed, not sure if he was happy or upset. He was happy that he would be single, but upset that he could be the reason why. “If he doesn’t want you near me, please, do what you must to keep him.”

Taehyung scoffs, turning his phone on. “You…” Taehyung shakes his head, standing up. “I can’t be with him if I still can’t get over you. It’s not fair to him, or to me. I tried hard to get over you, even to the point I ignored you. I just, I can’t anymore.”

“Tae…” Jeongguk

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter