Chapter 1

Office Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin stuttered as he sat across his blind date, who looked to be well over eighty-five years old. “A-a-are you sure it’s me that’s um…your date?” He’s been looking forward to this blind date for weeks, right after his best friend Taehyung told him all about it.

‘He’s good looking, Jimin, and rich’, those were the words that echoed in his head all along. ‘He’s not all about ’. Jimin sat in disbelief, knowing he just got set up and made to look like a complete fool tonight. “That er,” Jimin cursed under his breath.

“Did you not like the meal?” the old man asked, looking at his date’s untouched plate. “I could get you another one if you’d like.”

Jimin politely declined and grabbed his red wine, chugging it down. “I feel like drinking right now instead.”

“Shall we go to a bar after here?” the man suggested.

Again, Jimin declined, but with a small smile. While the man ate in silence, Jimin finished the whole bottle of wine, feeling more than tipsy. “I’m going to kill that damn as-“

The elderly man raised a brow, placing down his fork. “Kill who?”

Jimin giggled, but not a real giggle, but a ticked off one, one that would drive him a bit crazy. “My best friend.” Jimin didn’t want to make eye contact, but he was so pissed and just could hear his best friend laughing as if he was here. “I gotta go, thanks for the wine though.”

“Wai-“

Jimin didn’t bother listening to the guy, he was too drunk and too angry to even care anymore. Pulling his phone out of his pocket, he called up his other good friend, Yoongi. “Pick me up! ing Tae just made me look like an idiot!”

“Where are you?”

Jimin gave Yoongi the directions and ended the call, huffing as he put his phone up. He stood outside, but to the side, not wanting to face his date anymore. He was so tempted to call Taehyung and give him an ear full, but held back, not wanting to give him the satisfaction of pranking him.

After waiting for fifteen minutes, he sees Yoongi drive up to him, and on wobbly legs he stands up and makes his way over to the car. “Thanks for picking me up,” he drunkenly smiles as he gets in the car. “Can you believe Tae set me up with a guy who’s almost a hundred years old?”

Yoongi bursts out into laughter as he takes off driving. “What? Wow, that’s low. Weren’t you looking forward to this date?” Yoongi questions, glancing at his friend.

Jimin growls, covering his eyes. “Yes!” That was the ed up part. He was so giddy and so excited for this date, but it went complete south so fast. “I’m gonna get him back, just watch,” Jimin sneers, a wicked smile playing on his lips. “Just watch.”

Yoongi chuckles with a shake of his head. “Try not to murder him okay?” He’s heading to Jimin’s and Taehyung’s shared apartment, but wasn’t sure if that was a good idea for the night. “Did you want to stay at my home for the night?”

“I’d love to,” Jimin smiles, a bit too happy. If Taehyung wanted the last laugh, then Jimin was going to make sure he didn’t get it. He looked at Yoongi as he drove and rubbed his hands together, can’t wait to see Taehyung’s face when he tells him how much fun he had.

Lies were good, only if they worked for him and not against him. “I’ll make sure to not answer his calls or texts all morning either, I have my own plan for now.”

Yoongi stayed quiet, holding back a smile. “You two will soon drive each other crazy, just letting you know.”

*

Jimin woke up in the afternoon the next day, stretching his body out on the sofa he slept on last night. He was so glad it was just Sunday, his last day of freedom before having to go back to work. Rubbing his eyes, he reached down to the floor and grabbed his phone to check the time.

When he unlocked his phone he saw Taehyung’s missed calls and texts. Smirking, Jimin called back in a husky, just woken up voi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter