Chapter 8

Office Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They walk to Burger King, their hands slightly brushing against each other. Taehyung was tempted to say it all and just hold his hand, but he didn’t want to complicate things any further. Walking into the place, he felt Jeongguk tense up next to him. “Not used to being in a fast food joint?”

“It’s been awhile, that’s all.” Jeongguk walked to the line, hands behind his back, looking at the menu. “What do you usually get?”

“Whatever my tummy wants,” Taehyung half smiles. He looks at the menu, eyeing the burgers. “Get me whopper meal!”

“Yeah?” Jeongguk looks at the menu, going to order the same thing. “What do you want to drink?”

“Coke.”

“I’ll get the same,” Jeongguk says, walking up to order.

Taehyung can’t help and stare at his boss, seeing him look so stiff and so intimating in a fast food place. It was too adorable for him to take in. Reaching up, he plays with Jeongguk’s ear, rubbing the outer shell, giggling.

Jeongguk pays, trying not to pay attention to Taehyung’s hands. While his card is being swiped, he looks at Taehyung, seeing his heart shaped smile. “Having fun?”

“Lots,” Taehyung coos, leaning in.

Jeongguk looks at his lips a little longer, getting interrupted by the cashier handing him back his card. “Thanks,” he mutters out. He grabs the two drinks and looks around for an empty table, spotting one in the back.

Taehyung latches on to Jeongguk’s arm, walking with him to the table. Even though Jeongguk was not real with feelings, Taehyung wanted to take in the moment, not knowing when he could do this again. It felt like it was meant to be, why couldn’t it just happen?

 

 

Letting go of Jeongguk was dreadful, wanting to cling to him for a long time. He sat across from Jeongguk, taking his cup of soda in his hands. “How’s your headache coming along?”

“Better, thanks.” Jeongguk gives Taehyung his straw, unwrapping his. “I’ll keep the pills in the office in case I get sudden headache.”

“Maybe you should try to relax more at work.”

“How should I do that?” Jeongguk usually relaxed at home playing video games, watching anime or listen to music.

Taehyung shrugs, drinking from his straw. “I don’t know, but maybe take small breaks in between work loads so you can think with a clear head.”

“I’ll think about it.” Jeongguk hears the number being called out, getting up to go and get it. “Did you want ketchup for your fries?”

“Please?”

“Okay, I’ll be back.” Jeongguk gets up and gets the tray, walking to the condiments area, filling up a few tiny paper cups of ketchup. He grabs a handful of napkins and makes his way back to Taehyung who was texting on his phone.

“Thanks,” Taehyung slightly frowns, getting his food off the tray.

Jeongguk sits down, his face full of concern. “What’s going on?”

“I think Bogum is upset with me…”

“Why would he be?” Jeongguk removes his food off the tray, placing the empty tray on the seat next to him. “Aren’t you both doing fine?”

“I thought so…” Taehyung went through his twitter, closing his eyes, showing Jeongguk Jimin’s tweet. “He saw us holding hands.”

“What’s wrong with that?”

Taehyung rubs the nose of his bridge, sighing. “Everything, Guk. Bogum now knows…”

“Oh. You can tell him it was my doing, which it was.” Jeongguk looked at his food, not feeling well enough to eat. “Did you want me to talk to him?”

“God no,” Taehyung groans. “I just…I’ll talk to him tonight.”

“If he’s having doubts about you, I’ll talk to him. Just let me know tonight if you need backup.”

“I’ll be fine,” Taehyung chuckles. “He’s a kind guy, he’ll understand once I explain to him.”

“That’s good.”

Taehyung begins to eat, and glances at Jeongguk who just looked down at his own food. “Are you going to eat?”

“I guess I’m not hungry anymore.” Jeongguk closes the wrapper, feeling another headache coming along. He closes his eyes tightly, holding the corner of the bridge of his nose. “I think, I’m gonna have go home early, I probably need to catch up on sleep.”

“Will you be okay?” Taehyung worriedly asks. “I wish I could help you out.”

Jeongguk rubs the temple of his head, opening his eyes. “Well, you still owe me that Naruto viewing.”

“You…you want me to go home with you to watch the show?” Taehyung wanted to clean his own ears, unable to comprehend that properly. “Did I hear that right?”

“Yes,” Jeongguk smiles. “An anime will help me just about now.”

Taehyung closes his half eaten food, standing up. “I’ll go get a to-go bag. You can eat at home if you feel better.”

**

Taehyung leaves his car at work, not worrying too much about it. He’s at Jeongguk’s home, sitting down in the living room, both sharing a big comfy blanket. He wanted to pinch himself to see if he was dreaming or not.

Never in a million years would he think he would be here right now. They played video games, which Jeongguk beat him in just about every game, then ended watching t.v, with Jeongguk now dozing off, letting out soft snore. He looked so cute and innocent when he slept, nothing like the guy he worked with.

 

 

 

**

 

 

**

 

 

After leaving Jeongguk’s place, Taehyung went to meet up with Bogum who texted he was a pizza parlor in town. Nibbling his bottom lip as he walks to his car, he hoped that Bogum wasn’t too upset with him.

At the pizza place, Taehyung sat opposite side of Bogum, a slice of pizza in front of him. Staring down at it, Taehyung clears his throat, meeting Bogum’s eyes. “I…”

Bogum gives Taehyung a soft smile, trying to make light of the situation. “Will I ever really have a chance, cause…I feel like you’ll never truly give me one.”

Taehyung feels guilty, hanging his head back down. “I do like you,” Taehyung mumbles lowly. He lifts his head back up seeing Bogum’s glassy eyes as they stared into his. He knew he couldn’t keep Jeongguk for too long, it just wasn’t possible.

“But?” Bogum whispers, waiting for the words he’s been dreading.

“There is no but,” Taehyung s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter