Chapter 9

Office Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A couple of weeks later, Jeongguk and Taehyung barely said a few words to each other, only talking about business, nothing else. Jeongguk felt odd not being able to say a few words other than hi on a personal level, but nothing wanted to come out of his mouth.

It was now Saturday, and just to keep himself of a clear mind, he played video games on his computer, breaking every now and then to make himself a cup of ramen. He wanted the home empty, no one inside, just him and his mind to clear up.

Pressing pause on his game, Jeongguk stares at the screen as he thinks of Taehyung’s smile as he saw Bogum waiting for him after work. What peeved him the most was the kiss they shared, and the stupid smile Bogum gave him after doing so.

“What’s wrong with me?” Jeongguk asked himself, getting up, frustrated. He walked out of his bedroom and down the hall to make his way downstairs for a glass of whiskey. That should at least help clear his mind up for the night.

In the kitchen, Jeongguk pours himself a drink, then takes his phone out of his pocket, staring down at it. He was tempted to at least see what Taehyung was doing. Without him, it was boring. Maybe he needed friends, but he’s been used for his status, no one sticking around.

Jeongguk drank down his whiskey, pouring another glass. Would Taehyung want to still hang out with him as friends though? What if Taehyung invited Bogum along to be with them? He didn’t have a problem before with Bogum, but now…it was irritating him just thinking about it.

Hearing his phone go off for a text message, he sees Jimin’s name, not sure what he was wanting at this hour.

 

Jeongguk placed his phone down on the counter, reaching for the bottle, pausing mid-way. Karaoke didn’t sound like a bad idea to do either. He didn’t want to see Bogum, but at the same time he wanted to see Taehyung.

It’s Saturday, what did he have to lose? He was stuck being inside anyways, singing should do him some good. Jeongguk quickly calls his driver and rushes upstairs to change into something more decent other than his sweats.

 

Soon enough he was at Bangs, slowly opening the door, hoping Jimin or Taehyung weren’t early enough to spot him. “This is so stupid,” he mutters to himself, going inside. He gets a room and orders a few drinks for himself.

Checking his watch, it was almost nine, and he wasn’t sure how he was going to “accidently” run into Taehyung without Bogum trailing after him. Putting on a song from his favorite singer, IU, Jeongguk sings into the mic, pausing when the hostess comes in with his drinks.

“Thank you,” he says to the young lady that wore a tight black mini dress.

She winks leaving the room, slowly closing the door behind her.

Jeongguk grabs a glass of a mix drink, taking a small drink, then goes back to singing in his own world. Singing a few more songs, he checks his watch, his heart thumping against his chest when he sees it’s after nine.

Walking to the small tiny window on his door, he looks out of it, seeing if Taehyung arrived. Moving away from the door, Jeongguk laughs to himself, hating how he was acting. “What am I doing?”

Going back to his table, he finishes a few more drinks, giving himself an excuse to leave the room to get more drinks. When he leaves the room, he walks down the small hall, seeing the lady that served him. “Hi,” he greets, noticing her tray of drinks. “Can I order more?”

“Anything you want,” she smirks. “First let me drop these off in this room, then we can walk to the back.”

Jeongguk nods, keeping to himself as she walks to a room where there was laughter. He stands awkwardly in the hall, wondering if she could just bring them to his room. When he sees her exit the room, he was about to speak up about it, but sees Taehyung exit the room as well.

“Guk…” Taehyung froze on the spot after seeing his boss, his heart going crazy as it always has.

Jeongguk gives him a wave, and before he could say anything, the hostess taps him on the shoulder.

“Ready to get your drinks?” she asks. Jeongguk looks at her, then back to Taehyung who was walking towards him.

“It’s nice seeing you, Guk,” Taehyung says, walking now past Jeongguk.

Jeongguk turns around, holding Taehyung’s wrist, making him stop on the spot. “It’s nice seeing you too.”

Taehyung smiles, and looks over Jeongguk’s shoulder, seeing an annoyed expression on the hostess face. “I’ll see you at work on Monday.” Taehyung pulls away from Jeongguk, going to the restroom, almost wanting to stick around to keep away the girl away.

Jeongguk orders a few more rounds in the hall, not following the hostess, heading back to his room, unsure of what to do now. If Taehyung didn’t want to talk to him more, what could he do to change his mind?

Taehyung went back to the room, sitting down next to Bogum who was drinking a beer. He looks at Jimin, motioning him to sit on the other side of him to tell him about Jeongguk. “He’s here,” he whispers.

“Who?” Jimin asks, already having a gut feeling of who it was.

“Guk…”

So he did come after all. Jimin glances at Yoongi, giving him a smile, along with a wink. His plan of inviting Jeongguk was falling into place. “Did you talk to him?”

“Not really,” Taehyung says, holding back a frown. “It’s good to see him out though. I’m sure he’s having fun with the hostess, who by the way looks like a .”

Jimin giggles, hitting Taehyung thigh. “Jealous?”

“Pft, no. I have my boyfriend right here,” Taehyung says, scooting closer to Bogum.

Jimin raises his brows, not saying anything while he chugs his beer to keep his mouth shut. He knew Taehyung liked Bogum, but as much as Bogum tried getting hands-on with Taehyung, he shunned his touches away.

He was not yet ready to give himself away completely, not when he didn’t have his whole heart into it just yet. Jimin did see Taehyung looking at the sleeping picture he took of their boss, but quickly would put it away when he made himself known around him.

“Maybe he’s alone. You should see if he wants to join us,” Jimin suggests. If Jeongguk came this quick to the karaoke place, he had to have come alone.

Taehyung wasn’t sure if that was a good idea. He didn’t want to feel anymore awkward with Bogum and Jeongguk around him. It was more than enough that Bogum insisted on picking him up after work, even seeing Jeongguk on some days, barely looking at him when he left.

He did miss hangin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter