Chapter 5

Office Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tossing in his bed, Taehyung stares up at the ceiling wishing the darkness swallowed him completely. His crush was not only y and smart, but straight? Taehyung grabbed his blanket, covering his face completely. “So ing embarrassing.”

To top it off, he had to live with that. He was going to apologize first thing tomorrow, he had to, just thinking of hitting on Jeongguk was tearing him down, making him lose sleep. He needed to have a talk with Jeongguk to sort this out.

He didn’t want to feel awkward around his new boss, and he didn’t want his boss thinking differently of him. “Tomorrow,” he says to himself. “I’ll tell you I’m sorry.”

 

The next day, Taehyung and Jimin arrived at work together. They spotted Yoongi sitting on a bench inside the lobby area with a gummy smile on display. “So,” Yoongi smiles, draping an around Taehyung’s shoulder. “How’s your new job?”

“Why don’t you go back to sorting mail in the basement,” Taehyung said, pushing Yoongi’s hand off of him.

“At least I sit on my all day sorting mail, minding my business, while you work alongside your…boyfriend.” Yoongi winks at Jimin and gives the duo a peace sign, taking off to his work area.

Taehyung shoots daggers at Jimin, smacking his arm. “Everyone knows?!”

Jimin lets out a small chuckle. “Yeah?”

Taking deep breaths in and out, Taehyung walks to the elevators, flashing his badge. He and Jimin made small talk on the way up, forgetting all about breakfast. Once the doors open, Taehyung walks straight to Jeongguk’s office, knocking on the door.

When he gets in, Taehyung walks up to his desk, smelling the sweet cologne that filled his nose. This was a cruel punishment. “Sir?”

“Yes?” Jeongguk motions for Taehyung to sit down. “You’re here early, what can I do for you?”

Taehyung sits down, hands on his lap. “I want to apologize about Friday.”

“Apologize for what?” Jeongguk wasn’t expecting an apology of any sort, he didn’t think he needed one.

“For the way I acted. I…” Taehyung managed to lift his head to look at Jeongguk in the eyes, almost losing his breath at the beauty in front of him. “I thought it was a date, and honestly, I’m so embarrassed right now.”

“Date?” Jeongguk clears his throat, taking his glasses off. “I’m not following you.”

Taehyung feels his heart rapidly beat, a bit of sweat starting to form from being nervous. “F-Friday…I got the wrong message and thought it was a date, not a job interview.”

Jeongguk his lips, sitting back. “So, you didn’t want this job?”

“No!” Taehyung shook his head quickly. “I mean, I do, it’s just, I didn’t get the memo it was an interview, that’s why I acted…the way I did.”

“I thought you said you were desperate for this job,” Jeongguk said, confused.

“I…” Taehyung covered his eyes with his hands, tears filling his eyes from humiliation.

Jeongguk purses his lips, keeping himself from smiling. “Right.” Clearing his throat, he sits up straight and opens his drawer. “It’s okay, let’s just forget the whole thing. Can you go and get me a coffee, then go and hand this to the design team?”

Taehyung removes his hands, face red. He takes the papers and stands up, giving a bow. “Yes, sir…and thank you.” Taehyung leaves the office quickly before doing anything stupid. He needed to get over this if he was going to stick by Jeongguk’s side.

Working the morning, into the noon, he finally gets a lunch break, eating with Hoseok at a small café nearby. “Thanks for joining me,” Taehyung says, taking a bite of his grill cheese.

“No problem. I usually eat alone anyways.” Hoseok grabs his glass of sprite, sipping on it through the straw. “How’s Jeongguk treating you?”

“Good. I um, I apologized about Friday and told him I got my memos mixed up.” Taehyung chuckles and looks at Hoseok. “And to think I was hitting on a straight guy.”

“We all have our embarrassing moments,” Hoseok says, rubbing Taehyung’s back. “At least you can now move past it and focus on work.”

“True.” Taehyung takes another bite of his grill cheese and feels really lighter about moving on. He doesn’t think he’ll get over Jeongguk’s beauty, but if this was going to work, he had to put all thoughts aside.

 

“Taehyung,” Jeongguk says. “I just got off the phone with MX, put me in for Thursday at 11 to meet them.”

“Yes, sir.” Taehyung writes it down and closes his notebook. “Also, Terry called, he says the rough draft is going to be sent it later on today.”

“Good.” Jeongguk gets up to stretch, checking the time. It was almost 3 and he still hasn’t eaten yet. “Did you eat lunch?”

Taehyung nods. “Yes, sir.”

“Ah, okay.” Jeongguk sits back down and picks up another folder off his desk.

“Did you want me to bring you anything to eat?” Taehyung offered.

“No need, you may leave now.”

Taehyung gives a bow and leaves the office, looking back at the door. Surely his boss had to be hungry if he hadn’t eaten yet. From now on, Taehyung would make sure his boss would eat, and right now,he’ll go and sprint his way to somewhere nearby to get him something.

In no w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter