Chapter 4

Office Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

When Monday rolled around, Taehyung was dressed up nicely, just like Jimin wanted him to look. He was driving on his way to the address on the card, his heart pounding as he got closer to the building that was sky high.

Arriving at the building where Jimin was already at, Taehyung checks himself out in the rearview mirror, making sure his hair was perfected. It was a heart racing moment, and for Jeongguk to want to see him on a work day was just…it was sweet.

Taehyung goes into the building and looks around in awe, making his way to the front desk where several women were sitting behind. He sees an available lady who was not busy talking with other people and walks up to her. “Hi, I’m here to see Jeon Jeongguk,” he says.

“Name?” the lady asks.

“Kim Taehyung.”

The lady smiles and hands him a pass, telling him where to go. Taehyung happily accepts it, walking now to the elevators. He was early today, making up for being late on Friday, and this time hopefully, he gets to see a nice smile on Jeongguk’s face.

Reaching the top of the building, Taehyung is itching to text Jimin about how excited he was, but refrained from it, keeping his thoughts to himself. When he gets out of the elevator, Taehyung asks someone around where Jeongguk was at, getting directions to his office.

Taehyung looked around the place, managing to see Jimin down the hall with folders in his arms. “Chim!” he calls out, briskly walking to him.

“Tae,” Jimin says, wanting to hide somewhere. “Uh…need help to get to the office?”

“Yes!” Taehyung hugs his friend, squeezing him tightly. “Thank you setting me up on this date, you’re truly the best friend I could ever ask for.”

Jimin wanted to bury himself underground somewhere, it was too much at the moment. He didn’t feel guilty, well, maybe just a bit, but it’s payback. “Just…just know that I love you.”

“I know,” Taehyung smiles. “So,” he says, breaking away from Jimin. “Where is my Gukkie’s office?”

“Gukkie?”

“Like it? I made it up last night,” Taehyung winks. “He’s a cutie.”

Jimin holds back a laugh and before he could let it out, Hoseok comes their way. Hoseok walks up to Jimin and Taehyung and holds his hand out. “So you’re the Kim Taehyung,” Hoseok says, shaking Taehyung’s hand. “I’m Hoseok, I work with Jimin in the communication department.”

“Nice to meet you, Hoseok.”

“Well, come this way, I’ll show you to Jeongguk’s office.” Hoseok looks at Jimin giving him a thumbs up after agreeing to take Taehyung to the office since Jimin said he was too busy to do it.

They walked to the office side by side quietly until they got to the two big wooden doors. Taehyung took in a deep breath and watch Hoseok knock on the doors. “Come in,” he hears a voice say.

Before going in, Hoseok turns to Taehyung. “You’ll be fine, just remember, do what he says and you’ll live.”

“Huh?” Before Taehyung could say anything else, the office door open and they both walk in, seeing Jeongguk sitting at his desk. “Guk…” he whispers, admiring how y he looked with glasses on while reading some paper on his desk.

“Kim Taehyung is here, sir.” Hoseok gives them a bow and retreats to the door, going to wait for Taehyung in case he needs help with anything.

Jeongguk looks up, placing the paper on the desk, then stands up. “Taehyung, glad to see you on time this morning. Are you ready to get started?”

“Started?” Taehyung looks back at Hoseok who stood quietly by the door, not sure what Jeongguk was planning to do. “On?…”

“Work,” Jeongguk says walking to a shelf. He grabs a folder off of it and walks to hand it to Taehyung. “You’ll have Hoseok here help you out for the day to get you started. In the folder is what I need done today, not including events that you’ll have to mark down for me as the day goes on.”

“What…” Taehyung was seriously confused as he looked at the folder. “What work?” He thought this was some date, or just a chance to see him…

Jeongguk clamps his lips together, repeating in his mind to give Taehyung a chance, and that’s what he was going to do. “The work in the folder. If you could do this today, I’ll hire you full-time to work for me.”

Taehyung squints his eyes and hugs the folder to his chest. “Sooo…you’ll date me and hire me?”

“Date?” Jeongguk freezes and stares at Taehyung. “Why would I date you?”

Harsh. Taehyung is standing on the spot hurt and left puzzled.

“Go with Hoseok and get started on your job,” Jeongguk said pointing to the door. “I’m willing to work with you, but just for the day.”

Taehyung looks at Hoseok and sees a shocked expression on his face. Turning back to Jeongguk, Taehyung nods, not fully understanding what was going on. He walks to Hoseok and all of a sudden he wants to cry for feeling stupid.

When they leave the room, Hoseok holds Taehyung’s arm and looks at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter