Week Three: Part Three

The Project
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: there was a random increase in subscribers between the last chapter and this one, i'm not sure why but thank you also my next multi-chapter is going to be either a Minayeon or 2yeon AU so if you feel strongly about either one let me know.

 

Week Three: Part Three

Sana was nervous. Her whole season, her whole year, had lead to this one moment. 

But still it didn't feel right. All the preparations were done and Sana had confidence in every single member of her squad but there was someone missing. Nayeon.

She wasn't there with them and although she wasn't a part of the squad anymore none of the cheerleaders would be where they were right now without her influence over the last few years.

"Five minutes." SinB spoke as she entered the room, closely followed by Joy and Jennie. Sana had sent them to find our how much time they had left whilst she took a moment to herself to finish her preparations and hype herself up as Dahyun would say.

"Well then let's head out now, let our opponents know we're ready and waiting for them." Sana spoke and the rest of the cheerleaders split and allowed her to pass through, she was at the door when Nayeon rounded the corner and almost ran right into Sana.

"Just came to wish you guys luck." She spoke softly and smiled over her fellow cheerleaders. "You're going to do great." She spoke and encouraged each member of the squad as they passed her before taking one last look in the locker room and then pulling the door shut and heading back to her seat where Mina, Dahyun, Jeongyeon, Chaeyoung and Jihyo were waiting for her.

"They okay?" Dahyun asked the older girl who took her seat next to Mina.

"Sana is fine and Tzuyu is fine," Nayeon directed at Jihyo. She knew that Jihyo and Tzuyu weren't technically together but she also figured Jihyo would want to know how the younger cheerleader was doing, "they're nervous but I'm sure they'll be fine." Nayeon spoke and focused and looked forward as the team was announced.

Sana lead her squad out, who all found their way into their first positions, and waited for their music to begin. The squad moved through their routine, not one of them missing a beat. Joy and Tzuyu easily managed to get from their positions. Sana told them of Nayeon's suggestion and made some final adjustments over the past few days.

Nayeon watched on, observed. She felt every movement, winced at every near miss and held onto Mina the entire time. The routine finished and the cheerleaders took their places on the side and watched their competition and then waited for the scores and results to come in.

"You think they'll do it?" Jeongyeon asked to Jihyo who was sat with her camera in hand, Jeongyeon had to practically drag the younger girl there so she said at least if she brought her camera she could get some footage for her project.

"I'm not sure, I hope so. At least that way one school team won't let us down." She joked with her friend, but she knew Jeongyeon would never take it to heart.

"I think they've done it." Spoke Chaeyoung from next to Mina, her face now fully healed. She only addressed Jeongyeon but sent a small smile to Jihyo, she knew that both Tzuyu and the older girl were in the wrong and Tzuyu was running away from a conversation she really needed to have.

 

***

 

The wait for the results seemed to be hours, it was agony waiting to see what their fate would be.

"If I could have everyone's attention please," an  male announcer started into a microphone that was so loud it caused Nayeon to retract in her seat, "firstly thank you to all the teams for attending and competing and putting on a brilliant display for the crowd here today. You all represented your schools well." He finished and stepped aside so another announcer could take the stage. This one was female and certainly looked like she wanted to get this over in a hurry.

"In second place is..." she paused for dramtic effect and Sana grabbed Tzuyu's hand and sent a wink up to Dahyun in the stands who shot her a thumbs up, "FNC. Congratulations" The squad moved to collect their medals. Chaeyoung sent a look to Dahyun and Jeongyeon.

"Can't say that doesn't make me a little happy." She speaks but stops when Mina nudges her to pay attention so they don't miss the announcement.

"Congratulations to JYP." The announcer spoke and the students in the crowd all rose to their feet and rushed over to the squad, Dahyun headed straight for Sana who was holding the trophy in her hand. She engulfed her girlfriend in a tight embrace.

"I'm so proud of you." She spoke as she held the cheerleader who had a few tears in her eyes. Sana pulled back and leaned in and kissed the shorter girl, thanking her for her support.

Nayeon was the next to make her way over, she pulled Tzuyu with her and the three friends shared a hug as Dahyun stepped away to give them a moment to thmeselves. "I want you to have this." Sana speaks as she pulls the medal from around her neck and passes it over to Nayeon who just holds it. "I know you'll say you didn't do anything and even though the last few weeks have been crazy, none of us would be here without you. Nayeon, you're our leader." Sana hugged Nayeon once more and then the two older girls moved away when they saw Jihyo approaching, the camera still in hand.

"I know you're on a high right now but can talk?" She asked Tzuyu who didn't give her anything.

"You didn't need to come, Jihyo." She repsonded and the older girl nodded, she knew she shouldn't have come but Jeongyeon can be really persuavive when she wants to be.

"I know, I know. I got some footage for the project. Can we please just talk about us, Tzuyu?" Jihyo pleaded and Tzuyu shook her head.

"Thank you for working on the project but you can go now. There is no us, Jihyo." Tzuyu spoke finally and now Jihyo knew, it was officially over.

Tzuyu watched Jihyo leave and felt a hand on her back. She turned to see Nayeon stood next to her. "Everything okay?" She asked, the medal now draped around her neck.

"Yeah I just wish she didn't come here." Tzuyu spoke and Nayeon sighed.

"Why won't you just talk to her? Why are avoiding her? What are you so scared of?" Nayeon spoke and now it was Tzuyu who was sighing.

"I worried she'll say she regrets all of it and that she doesn't feel the same." Tzuyu speaks and Nayeon placed a hand on the younger girl's shoulder. 

"Tzuyu do you really think if Jihyo had absolutely no feelings for you she'd be trying so hard to talk to you?" Nayeon began. "Remember how Sana told you to take a risk? Do that again, take that risk and see what happens.

"I think it might be too late for that." Tzuyu resigned and Chaeyoung rolled her eyes as she approached the two.

"Tzuyu, stop being such a coward and tell the girl how you feel before it's too late." Chaeyoung spoke and Tzuyu just looked at her friend. "Listen, I know Jihyo hurt you but now you're hurting her and yourself. Going round in circles isn't going to get you any closure. If you talk to her at least then you'll know." Tzuyu was about to reply when she saw Elkie approach out the corner of her eye, she excused herself from her friends and made her way over to the soccer player.

Nayeon looked over and caught eyes with Jihyo who was talking to Mina and Sana as she watched on.

 

***

 

Momo knew that now she had a second chance, she could change everything. This was her new beginning. Everything was finally starting to look up, except she just couldn't do this. She couldn't lie. The guilty feeling wasn't going away and she felt like she was living a lie...She was living a lie.

Then again, so much had been risked for her to get this second chance so should she really just throw it away? Throw her chance at a career doing something she loves away? Again.

"Hirai get your head in the game!" Jeongyeon calls out before passing the ball to Momo, the two of them along with their coach decided it was best that Jeongyeon remianed captain for now. There wasn't any official games left but all the players still had club teams to train for Jeongyeon was certainly the better of the two at motivating them. Momo also let her club team captaincy pass, the coach and her had discussed it briefly and Momo was happy with the decision that was made.

"Sorry." Momo fired back before passing the ball onto Seulgi who connected with Lisa to score a basket.

"Team switch." The coach called out from the side and Momo and her team took a seat, Jeongyeon leaned over the former captain.

"You've got to focus, Momo. You can't be missing a step. I know your ankle is still recovering and you've been on a rollercoaster but you've got to put it behind you and focus on the future." Jeongyeon spoke firmly, it wasn't that she was getting on at Momo or scolding her but more encouraging and letting her know that nothing had changed in her abscence from the court.

"Can I talk with you after practice is over?" Momo turned to ask Dahyun who was sat behind her.

"Sure." Dahyun replied simply before finishing her water bottle and standing the place the empty container in the trash. "Should I be worried? I feel like everyone's been so secretive recently." Dahyun finished, now sitting next to Momo who just patted her knee briefly before returning her eyes back to the action on the court.

"No."

The two continued to watch their team mates practice until the coach called time and let the players go home and rest. Dahyun waved off Sana who asked if she needed a drive home, and said she'd call her later. Momo watched Chaeyoung leave, an awkwardness still surrounded them but that was mainly just because Momo had more of a guilty conscience then she'd like to admit and Chaeyoung knew that if word got around all four girls would be in lots of trouble, Momo and herself simply just for knowing what happened.

"So you wanted to talk?" Dahyun spoke once the last few stragglers left the hall and they were alone.

"Why'd you look so nervous? It's not like I'm about to ask you on a date." Momo joked and Dahyun rolled her eyes. Although the two weren't the closest of friends they had known each other for a little while now and always knew how to break any tension that was in the air. "It's about our club team." Momo continued on and Dahyun nodded.

"What about it? There's only what five games left now?" Dahyun spoke and now Momo nodded.

"But we don't have a captain, officially. I know that coach didn't want to put one in place until my future was determined but now I'm back I feel I can't lead the team like someone who has been there through it all can." Momo started and Dahyun didn't seem to catch was Momo was getting on at.

"So what's going on?" Dahyun asked and Momo sighed, oblivious. Maybe her and Sana really were perfect for each other.

"I want you to be captain. I know it's not for long and it's a lot to ask but I don't think there's anyone better suited than you, Dahyun." Momo spoke and Dahyun looked like she thought it over for a moment before nodding quickly and letting a giant smile grow onto her face.

"Okay. I'll do it." Dahyun returned and now Momo was the one smiling.

"Congrats, Captain."

 

***

 

Dahyun left a little while after her chat with Momo and now the older girl was alone and trying to make up for lost time. It was the first time she could jump and land without any pain in her ankle. 

Progress.

"How did I guess you were the one still practicing?" Nayeon spoke as she approached Momo at the hoop.

"How come you're still here? You don't even have practice anymore." Momo questioned, trying not to hit a sore spot with Nayeon.

"I was actually arranging some more pieces for my scholarship and using the gym. I've got to get back in shape if I'm going to compete with the others at university." Nayeon spoke and Momo looked her over once.

"You look pretty good to me." Momo spoke and Nayeon threw the ball she was now holding directly at Momo's stomach to shut her up.

"Anyway I'm going home now, you should do the same." Nayeon spoke and Momo took one last shot before turning to the older girl again.

"Is that an invitation?" Momo flirted and Nayeon rollled her eyes.

Space, time apart, on a break. 

"It can be if you want it to be."

Once more wouldn't hurt.

 

***

 

Tzuyu doesn't quite know how she ended up at Elkie's home that night. She told herself she was going to go over the footage Jihyo ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter