Week One: Part Three

The Project
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: jitzu throughout this chapter was inspired by the song: Bedroom by Litany

Week One. Part Three.

Jihyo typed quickly on her laptop whilst she waited for Tzuyu to join her in the theatre room. The pair had agreed to meet there after they had finished with class for the day and plan out more thoroughly how they were going to approach their project.

"Sorry I'm late. Nayeon kept us all for extra practice, something about needing to be perfect for the game tomorrow." Tzuyu spoke as she placed her bag on the floor and took a seat next to Jihyo.

"It's fine, I wasn't waiting for long anyway. Why was Nayeon so hard on you guys? It's just another game." Jihyo mused, heading over to the printer in the room to collect a few pieces of paper and handing some to Tzuyu before returning to her seat.

"It's the most important game of the season for the basketball team, she wants everything to go perfectly," Tzuyu began, as she quickly scanned through the paper Jihyo had handed her, it was just an overview of their project and a plan that she had drawn up to ensure they stayed on track. "I think she's just worried about Momo as well so she's taking it out on everyone else." The younger girl finished and Jihyo knew what she was talking about, Jeongyeon had told her earlier that day that Momo and Nayeon had fought but still only Tzuyu and Sana knew about why. Momo was a little more aprenhensive to share the details of her falling out with her girlfriend than Nayeon was.

"Anyway I was thinking earlier about the project and I thought we could split it into three blocks, all two weeks long. Starting tomorrow, we'll do your half. All about you, your friends, hobbies, family and then we can do mine." Jihyo spoke and Tzuyu nodded along.

"So then I guess you should come to the game tomorrow. You can try and film, see what happens behind the scenes, our warm up, our cool down, how Nayeon yells at us." Tzuyu spoke, joking at the end, at least Jihyo hoped she was.

"Sounds great...Listen I've got to run and get my sister from her dance class. I'll see you at the game tomorrow?" The older girl collected her things and left Tzuyu alone with a dumb smile on her face.

"That was cozy." Sana spoke as she entered the room just after Jihyo left.

"Were you spying on me?" Tzuyu asked, Sana helped her gather her things together.

"I wondered where you went after practice and found you here with Park Jihyo. You looked nervous though, you need to have more confidence when you're around her...You'll never even be friends with her at this rate if you can barely even string three sentences together when she's near you." Sana almost scolded the younger girl for her lack of confidence, maybe if she liked someone as much as Tzuyu liked Jihyo, she would understand, Tzuyu thought to herself.

"She's coming to game tomorrow anyway to film some of my cheerleading stuff for our project, I'll try and talk to her afterwards." Tzuyu reasoned and Sana seemed satisified.

"I just want you to be happy, who knows what will happen." 

 

***
 

It was dark and late and Momo was alone on the basketball courts near her home, she came here often, especially when she needed to think. It was her escape, her happy place. Usually she would come to practice and get in a few extra reps before a big game but tonight she just felt so, unmotivated. It wasn't something she felt often, she was usually able to switch off from whatever was in her head as soon as she stepped out on the court but recently she hadn't been able to focus, that's where the steroids came in.

Her logic was that if she got stronger she could compete more and her mind being elsewhere wouldn't be so much of an issue. In hindsight, she should've realised her logic was flawed from the start and now she had to deal with the aftermath of Nayeon finding out about her taking the steroids.

"You really shouldn't be out here so late. It's dangerous round these parts." Chaeyoung and Momo weren't the closest of friends but they had known each other since they were young and most importantly they understood each other, which is exactly how she knew that Momo would be on this exact basketball court, even if it was 1AM and they had a game the next day.

"I needed to clear my head, that's all," Momo let out a long breath and sat on the ground before laying back onto the cold floor. Chaeyoung did the same. "Nayeon found out about me taking steroids." Chaeyoung was now the one who sighed, she wished she knew what to say. It was clear to her that Momo was struggling but she didn't know what to say to or how to help her. Momo sometimes got caught up in her own head and when that happened that was usally only one person who could talk some sense into her but right now she figured Nayeon wouldn't want to be on a cold basketball court in the middle of the night.

"Yeah, Tzuyu told me. Nayeon told her and Sana this morning." Momo now sat up and ran her hands across her face.

"Did she say anytihng else?" The older girl was curious to know how Nayeon was feeling now she had some time to process it all.

"No, well if she did Tzuyu didn't tell me. Apparently she just told them then ended it there," Chaeyoung really wanted to tell Momo to just call Nayeon and talk to her but she knew it wasn't her place to interfere in their relationship and they had to approach it how they wanted to. "I'm sorry by the way. I caused this when I gave you that guy's number, I should've said no when you asked for it." Chaeyoung was blaming herself and Momo wanted to make sure she knew that she didn't blame the younger girl for the mess she was in.

"I shouldn't have taken that guy's number in the first place. This is my fault, Chaeyoung. Now go home, don't you have a baby to look after?" Momo tried to finish on a light note and it worked, Chaeyoung cracked a smile as she stood up.

"Actually, she's with her other mother right now so I will go home and I will enjoy the peacefullness of not having a baby screaming every thirty minutes before I get up and get ready to win tomorrow night. Take care of yourself, Momo." Chaeyoung left and Momo was alone again. She checked her phone once more, no messages from Nayeon and then got herself up from the ground and climbed over the fence before making her way back over to her house.

 

***

 

When Jihyo offered to drive Tzuyu to school the younger girl wasn't sure how to respond, on one hand this could help with their project. They needed to spend a lot of time together to properly get to know one another but then on the other hand, the more time Tzuyu spent with Jihyo the more she found herself liking the girl.

"Are you exicted for the game tonight?" Jihyo questioned, eyes firmly on the road. Tzuyu noticed that everything the girl did was methodical and she was always careful, much like herself. Sana sometimes cursed the younger girl for being too careful and not taking enough chances. Maybe she should take that advice.

From: Minatozaki: How's the drive? Enjoying the view?

Tzuyu shook her head and put her phone back into her pocket. "I'm nervous. It's a big game, there's going to be a lot of people there but I'm sure the players will be more nervous than me." Jihyo listened intently to what Tzuyu was telling her. She almost wished she hadn't spent so much time not liking her. There was never any real reson for her to not like her, they were just so different from one another. Maybe there was more to Chou Tzuyu than she first thought.

"I'm sure you'll do great and if you do happen to fall flat on your face I will be there ready and waiting with my camera." Jihyo tried to lighten the mood and it worked, Tzuyu letting out a small laugh as Jihyo turned into the school parking lot and quickly parked up in a spot she had unoffically designated as hers. "I'm sure you'll look great though." Was all she said before leaving the car.

At first Jihyo regretted being quite so obvious with her flirting, she wanted to test the waters and see where they stood in regards to that. Her worries quickly diminished when she saw the blush creep on Tzuyu's cheeks and her smile at the ground.

Yeah, she definetely thought Chou Tzuyu was cute.

 

***

 

"Nayeon!" Chaeyoung tried to track down the older girl but she kept slipping away from her, she understood that this was deliberate and Nayeon was most definetely trying to avoid her and she was the one who gave Momo the number for the guy with the steroids.

"Yes?" Nayeon finally turned around, stopping suddenly to face the younger girl once she was sure everybody had enetered their classes. This was her private business and she didn't want anyone listening in.

"I know you're mad at me...And you have every right to be but I need you to not be mad at me for five seconds," Chaeyoung started and Nayeon looked like she was cosidering it, the younger girl thought it'd be best to grt her point across before she changed her mind, "it's about Momo." That certainly got Nayeon's attention.

"Is she okay?" Was all that came to the cheerleader's mind, her first instinct. She knew she wasn't when the younger girl in front of her just sighed.

"I don't know, no. I don't think so. I knew she was upset about you finding out about the steroids and I knew she'd be stressed so I went to the basketball court, you know the one near her house. She just looked so...lost. Unmotivated, I've never seen her like that and I need you two to put this whole thing behind you, for the game at least. We need her at the top of her game and she won't be if she's stressing about how you're feeling. If she's not at her best then we don't stand a chance in hell of winning." Chaeyoung looked nerovus, like she was afraid of what was going to happen next, afraid of what Nayeon was going to say.

Momo and Mina entered the school a little later than usual, they both had a study period first and thought that nobody would notice if they weren't there exactly on time. They walked right into the path of Nayeon and Chaeyoung, the pair were stood like they were reenacting an old western shoot-out. Momo knew what they were talking about, Mina didn't. Momo knew she was going to have to tell her eventually, she hated keeping secrets from her best friend. Mina knew the two had a falling out, Momo just told her it was over something trivial and that it would be resolved soon. Mina of course didn't believe her, she knew her best friend and she knew her and Nayeon had fought before but she'd never seen her be affected like. She knew something more serious had happened.

"I'll leave you guys alone." Mina sent a reassuring look at both Momo and Chaeyoung before quickly vacating the area, however much she wanted to know what was affecting Momo it wasn't her business to interfere. Chaeyoung quickly followed suit and left the couple alone as well.

"I think we need to talk. You shouldn't be going to that court in the middle of the night. It's not safe, Momo." Momo tried to brush past Nayeon but the older girl was quick to sense what happening and grabbed her arm, gently but firmly enough for Momo to know they couldn't avoid this any longer.

"Can we not do this now? My head's already allover the place because of the game later." Was all she spoke, Nayeon couldn't tell if she was angry or upset, her hood was up and her eyes were fixated on the ground.

"Can you at least look at me?" Nayeon asked, her voice threatening to crack. Momo slowly pulled her eyes up to meet the hers. "I'm not mad, not anymore. I just wish you would've told me sooner you were struggling or what was going on. I care about you so much and it broke my heart to know you were resorting to taking steroids to get better." Momo pulled her eyes away from Nayeon and removed her hood.

"I know. I'm sorry, Nayeon. I was worried how you'd react but I know if I had told you sooner you wouldn't have been angry and you would've told me to stop and I probably would've listened. Thank you for flushing them though. You were right, I wasn't thinking when I started taking them, I didn't think about the consequences and how they could effect me, and you. I love you." Momo leaned in and placed a chaste kiss on Nayeon's lips. Even though they'd technically only been fighting, if you could call it that, for a few days she missed the older girl a lot and wanted to show her.

"I'll see you later? Take care of yourself today, honey." Nayeon kissed Momo's forehead and let her be on her way. Both girls felt relieved although they still knew they had a lot to talk about and a lot to resolve before they'd truly be good again.

When someone asked Nayeon to describe her relationship with Momo her go to was strong. They'd known each other practically their whole lives and although they were never as close and Momo and Mina were, their relationship development from friends to lovers was natural. Momo was the one who made the first move two years ago on New Years eve when she took a leap of faith and kissed Nayeon at midnight and ever since then their relationship ocntinued to develop and grow, that was until recently. It seemed like they were almost at a stumbling block and things had become difficult. Nayeon blamed gowing older on their decline in communication and the resulting lack of relationship they had recently. Sometimes it felt like her and Momo were awkward friends who sometimes kissed but then sometimes they were like the old them and they would joke around and tease each other. She just needed to find a way to try and get the old Momo and Nayeon back just the older and more mature version. That, after all was when they were the happiest.

 

***

 

Sana was always the first person to give her friends advice when they needed it. She was after all, the single friend. She was also friends with most people in her grade and so could give impartial advice in most situations. However, she didn't have anyone to give her advice. It's not that her friends would judge her current situation it's that even she didn't understand how she got herself into the situation she was currently in.

She and Dahyun had been hooking up for a couple of months now, nothing too serious is what they agreed on. Dahyun was very aware that Sana gathered a lot of attention and sometimes acted upon it, but what she didn't know was that even since her and Dahyun started their agreement she didn't care for the attention of anyone else, in any way. The agreement was simple enough, both deicded they didn't want anything too serious as they were graduating in a few months and neither wanted to be in a relationship when they left school and moved onto the next part of their lives. Which is exactly why it was so hard for her to be around Dahyun constantly, that however, didn't stop her from gravitating towards the younger girl. She had an intriguing aura about her and she always managed to bring a smile to Sana's face, no matter what mood she was in and she always knew the right thing to say.

Which is why Dahyun would be the perfect person to give her advice about her Dahyun situation, if she wasn't, you know, Dahyun. Everything in her mind was just so mixed up at the moment, did she actually have feelings for Kim Dahyun? Or did she just convince herself into thinking she did because truthfully, she was lonely. All of her friends were paired off, and she was including Jihyo and Tzuyu in that, but she wasn't and she also wasn't sure that even if she tried to pursue something more with Dahyun that the younger girl would want that or even be interested in her that way.

"You look like you're deep in thought." Dahyun's voice dragged Sana out of her internal meltdown, the younger girl stood at the end of the table where she was sat in the lunchroom. So far they were the only two there.

"Just going over tonight's routine in my head." She lied, Dahyun didn't seem to notice or if she did she certainly didn't let it show on her face. 

"You'll kill it like always. And you will be amazing like always. From what I see anyway before Momo yells at us to get our heads in the game." Dahyun joked before taking a seat next to Sana and the older girl felt her breathing become shaky, normally she'd be fine being this close it's just right now her thoughts were going a million miles an hour. Nobody had ever had this effect on her, well nobody until Kim Dahyun came crashing into her life two years ago. Their first real meeting was when Dahyun was late to basketball practice, and Sana to cheerleading. They collided head-on on their way to their respective locker rooms and became friends after they had to spend an hour togehter with the school nurse.

"Nayeon yells at us too. Especially recently, I don't know what's gotten into her." Sana takes a bite of her salad as she eyes the fries on Dahyun's plate. Dahyun smiles as she shifts some onto the older girl's plate.

"You know one bad meal wouldn't hurt." Dahyun speaks and it's honest and genuine because in all the time she's known Sana she's never seen her eat anything really unhealthy, except for a few fries from Dahyun's plate or popcorn occasionally that always comes from Dahyun's lunch or a pot when they're watching a movie together.

Sometimes Dahyun thinks that if she told any of her friends about how much time she actually spends with Sana they would think they were dating. It's no secret they hooked up once but nobody knows about the chill afternoons spent cuddling on the couch or cooking dinner together or that time Dahyun held Sana all night to help her sleep when there was a storm.

She knew that her and Sana would probably never date though. Dahyun was very aware of all the attention the other girl got and sometimes she swore that Sana liked it a little too much. Dahyun wanted to ask her on a date so badly but in all honesty she was scared of ruining what they had. They made a deal she wanted to stick to it. She knew about Sana's relations with others as well in the past. People like Jeongyeon who was popular and people like Joy who had way more confidence then she could ever have.

"You look like you're deep in thought." Sana used Dahyun's words against her as she nudged her from the side and wore a stupid smile on her face which, by the way, Dahyun thought was adorable. She always thought Sana was the most beautiful when she was just being her carefree self and not caring what other people thought.

"Excited for tonight?" Jeongyeon asked as she and Chaeyoung took a seat at the same table as Sana and Dahyun.

"Nervous." Chaeyoung and Jeongyeon nodded to what Dahyun had said. They all knew that tonight was a big game and no matter how much they tried to hide it, they were all feeling the same.

"Maybe after we win I can take you out to celebrate." Jeongyeon directed at Sana who took a quick glance at Dahyun. Jeongyeon knew how the pair felt about one another. She wasn't blind but she also enjoyed winding them up to no end until one of them finally admitted how they felt.

"Sorry I've got plans." Sana spoke somewhat firmly and Dahyun couldn't help the smirk that came across her face which causeed Joengyeon to smile, again, not blind.

"Minatozaki, you break my heart. I guess I'll turn my attention elsewhere." She spoke before grabbing Chaeyoung and planting a sloppy kiss on her forehead.

"I've got to run. I'll see you later?" She meant to direct it at all three girls but ended up only looking at Dahyun.

 

***
 

"What was that all about this morning? I know you know more than I do." Chaeyoung regretted seating herself next to Mina in Psychology. It was her last class before heading off to get in some training before the game but Mina was full of questions.

"I don't know. You're Momo's best friend. Ask her." Chaeyoung bit back a little more firmly then she had intended to.

"Sorry for being concerned." Mina sighed and turned her attention away from the other girl.

"Her and Nayeon are having some problems which you know and something else happened but it's not for me to tell, you should ask Momo." Chaeyoung spoke softly, she didn't want Mina to get the impression that she was irritated by her.

"I will. Thank you." Mina returned.

"Are you coming tonight?" Chaeyoung proposed.

"Why do you want me there or something?" Mina asked, trying to hide the smile that appeared on her face.

"I would like it if you were there." Mina didin't quite know how to respond to that.

"Then I'll be there so you better not lose. I don't want to waste my Friday evening," Chaeyoung rolled her eyes at the older girl. "I'm sure if I ask my parents nicely, they'll look after Yuna. Unless you want me to bring our daughter to the game. Although that wouldn'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter