Week Four: Part Two

The Project
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: so we are at the last stretch of the story now (one chapter and a two-part epilogue left after this), soon I'll be posting the first part of my minayeon rival ceo au so check that out

SORRY. i had an internship for a month and whilst i thought i would have time to write, i had none. hopefully updates will be back now :)

 

Week Four: Part Two

Chaeyoung was finally allowed to be back in full training and competiting again, her hand had healed well and she got the go-ahead from the hospital to be back. "You're looking better than ever out there." Momo spoke to Chaeyoung as she sat and observed the half of the squad that was practicising. 

"It's just because I haven't been able to train properly. I'll be back to normal soon." Chaeyoung responded, taking and sinking another shot with ease. Momo looked across at the younger girl and smiled.

"Maybe it has something to do with your personal life finally being on song as well?" Momo joked a shse collected the ball Chaeyoung shot and passed it Jeongyeon who joined them now.

"Did you ask Mina yet?" She questioned and Momo looked across at Chaeyoung.

"No. I wanted to but backed out." Chaeyoung spoke and Momo went to say something but Jeongyeon nudged her when she saw Mina entering and walking over to them, holding something in her hands.

"Guess it's time to wrap up," Jeongyeon spoke looking down at her wrist, "let's go guys." She called to squad who all quickly packed up and left; leaving Mina and Chaeyoung alone. Jeongyeon mouthed one laat "tell her" as she left the hall with Momo.

"That was abrupt," Mina spoke as she took a seat, Chaeyoung took a seat next to her and used her jersey to wipe some sweat that had formed on her brow from training, "my dad asked me to give you these." Mina handed some papers to Chaeyoung.

"I'm cleared to play?" She questioned, the smile eating her whole face as she spoke. Mina nodded calmly and let Chaeyoung have her moment. The pair fell into a silence, it wasn't awkward, but it wasn't comfortable either.

"Why are acting weird?" Mina was never one to beat around the bush.

"I'm not acting weird." Chaeyoung defended herself, Mina just looked at and Chaeyoung sighed. "I-wow. I want things to be more official between us, like obviously we're not seeing othe people but I-"

"Are you trying to ask me to be your girlfriend?" Mina cut in, smiling, a lot.

"I-yeah." Chaeyoung breathed out, laughing afterwards at how difficult she had made it for herself.

Mina didn't respond, well, not with words. She turned to face the basketball player more and laced her hands behind her neck, pulling her closer so she could connect their lips in a soft kiss. "Salty." She spoke when she pulled back before leaning in and kissing the younger girl once more.

"Yes I'll be your girlfriend." Mina finally answered, leaning her forehead against Chaeyoung's whilst smiling.

"Nice." Was all Chaeyoung managed to get out.

 

***

 

"You know we kinda did everything in the wrong order when you think about it." Jihyo spoke whilst she played with Tzuyu's hair, the cheerleader was resting on her after the last practice before the next round of the cheerleading finals. The whole squad was nervous and Sana and Nayeon were working hard to make sure nobody put one foot wrong. This time they had to perform three routines and it was, well, exhausting to say the least.

"I'm just happy we're here now." Tzuyu spoke softly, taking her eyes off the movie that was playing and turning her attention to Jihyo. "You know I've still never heard you sing properly." She spoke, it was almost a request.

"What do you want to hear?" Jihyo asked and Tzuyu thought for a moment.

"Have you written anything yourself?" She asked and Jihyo gestured for her to get up so she could go and get something. Tzuyu moved herself and Jihyo climbed off her bed and reached into a drawer and pulled out a notebook and handed it to Tzuyu. 

"These are songs I've been writting for the last year or so, you're the first person who's seen this." Jihyo spoke as Tzuyu opened it.

"Not even Jeongyeon or Mina?" She asked and Jihyo shook her head, sitting back down on her bed, Tzuyu laid and rested her head on the older girl's lap as she read through some of the lyrics. Jihyo certainly had a way with words. 

Tzuyu carefully looked through all the pages and smiled at the scribbles from where Jihyo had clearly had been unhappy with something. "I like this one." She said pointing to a page and handing the book back to Jihyo. "What were you thinking of when you wrote it?" 

"Sunset? Freedom I guess, freedom and being young." She spoke and started to sing softly. Tzuyu knew then, this was exactly where she was supposed to be. With Jihyo just enjoying her company.

 

***

 

Any competition made people nervous but this, this was like a play-off final. Win this and the squad will live on in school history forever. Nayeon was nervous and Momo, who had travelled with Mina, Chaeyoung, Jihyo, Dahyun and Jeongyeon, could tell. "I'm gonna go talk to her." Momo spoke as she rose from her seat and snuck around to the cheerleaders locker room, Mina saw Nayeon leave quickly as soon as she made eye contact with Momo.

"I'm going to see if Sana is okay." Dahyun spoke and abruptly rose from her seat as well.

She made her way through but couldn't find her girlfriend anywhere, she saw Momo and Nayeon but they didn't see her. She pressumed Momo was just reassuring the former cheer-captain until she heard her name.

"Sana's stressing but not about the competition." Nayeon spoke and Momo looked at her confused.

"What else would she be stressing about?" She asked.

"Dahyun. Sana hasn't told her parents yet, they think they're just friends." 

Dahyun caught eye contact with Sana when she re-entered the hall, the cheer captain smiled at her girlfriend who just nodded and returned to her seat to watch the action. Momo sat next to her a few seconds later. "Find her?" She asked her friend.

"Yeah she's good." Momo spoke, looking forwaard.

 The team from JYP certainly looked like one of the strongest there through their frist two routines. Sana led them well and SinB and Yerin put on a good performance in their solo section. Each member was perfectly in sync and the other teams almost looked scared of their competition.

There was an interval after two performances from each team and Momo and Jeongyeon went to get food, un

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter