Thanks So Much

Our Time

Author's Note: >_< i wanted this chapter to come out a bit earlier. Oh well, can't win them all, right? At least it's out! And it didn't take forever!


April 23rd, 2018. 7:31 PM.

 

After spending a good amount of time with her parents, Chaeyoung was left alone at her house, while her parents went out for the time being. She waited, and then there was a knock on the door. To no surprise, waiting behind the door was Tzuyu and Nayeon.

 

“Oh, hey, the girlfriends,” Chaeyoung remarked, stepping out of their way. “Come in.”

 

Tzuyu was ready to make a remark, but Nayeon gripped her wrist and basically dragged her in the house. The older girl didn't feel like putting up with this right now. “We're not dating.”

 

The orange-haired girl just smirked. “Mmhmm, sure.” The maknae rolled her eyes in annoyance.

 

The birthday girl closed the door. “So, uh, I know you gals got that whole birthday group chat, so who's coming next?”

 

Nayeon looked at Tzuyu. “First, did you bring our gift?” Tzuyu nodded, pulling out a small box from her pocket. “Open it right now or later, it's... not that big of a deal.”

 

The orange-haired girl looked at the cutely wrapped box and smiled. “I'll open it when everyone's here, thanks.”

 

The two girls went over to the living room, while the strawberry lover set the box on the kitchen table.

 

“Oh, yeah, happy birthday, Chaeyoung.” The bunny girl said. “Sorry, almost forgot to say that.”

 

The birthday girl just smiled. “As long as you said it, then it's okay.”

 

------------------------------

 

7:34 PM.

 

Back at Mina's house, the cake had finished baking and cooling a while ago, and was already packed up. The Japanese girl had a resurgence of her severe anxiety, so the keyboardist choose to stay with her until she felt better. Even after she calmed down, he decided to wait until she felt 100% sure she was ready to go. Now, she was. They were both sitting on the couch, the two were cuddling.

 

Mina looked at her phone... “It's so late... b-but... let's go... I don't want to be any later.”

 

“Yeah, that sounds like a good idea,” Wonpil replied, getting off the couch. His phone vibrated, so he looked at it.

 

Yo yo! We're all at JYP, where you at?” The text sent by Jae read. Wonpil just stared at the screen, before immediately texting back. “I'm with Mina, why?”

 

His bandmate texted back fast. “K, have fun!” Wonpil was a bit confused, but he texted back something special. “Hey, we're going to a party, do you think you and the other members would like to come?”

 

Jae texted back immediately. “Ah, is it for the strawberry girl? I've meaning to talk to her for a while, so I'll go ask the others!” 

 

Wonpil smiled and texted back. “We'll drop by JYP to get you guys.”

 

The Japanese girl looked at him. “Hey, what's up?”

 

“DAY6 is coming. Without a doubt.” He informed.

 

------------------------------

 

7:45 PM.

 

Some more time had passed, and almost everyone was at Chaeyoung's house, save for Wonpil and Mina. While they waited for Mina and Wonpil to arrive, the girl found themselves separated across the house. Jihyo and Dahyun were at the backyard, along with Seulgi and Sana.

 

Seulgi was sitting on the swingset, casually swinging. Sana was just standing on the porch, while DaHyo were both just... standing on the courtyard like weirdos, but they were talking to Seulgi, so it was fine.

 

“Oh! By the way... training is going great over at SM!” Seulgi informed the two.

 

“Really? I've said it before, but I really am proud of you!” Jihyo replied.

 

“Y-Yeah... t-thank you, that means a lot.” The SM trainee blushed.

 

“Hey, has anyone ever told you that you'd fit in perfectly with Red Velvet?” Dahyun said with a smirk.

 

“Ugghhh....” The eldest girl rolled her eyes. “How many times do I have to repeat myself? I don't see it.” She looked up at the sky. “It's getting really dark... are we sure Mina's going to come? I-I don't want to doubt her, but...”

 

The JYP trainee frowned. “Yeah... I understand. I'm going to go check in with Chaeyoung.” The blonde looked at her best friend. “I'll come with.”

 

Jihyo just nodded. “Okay, let's go.” The older girl took the lead, while Dahyun followed behind. She could've sworn she heard Seulgi whisper “bottom” under her breath, but she chose to ignore it. After entering the house, the two girls approached Chaeyoung, who was at the kitchen.

 

“Hey, have you gotten a text from Minari at all, Chae?” Dahyun asked.

 

The orange-haired girl sighed. “Nothing.” The JYP trainee looked down. “I'm sorry.” The younger girl just waved her hand, dismissing it. “It's fine. We can always celebrate without a cake-”

 

There was a knock on the door, and the birthday girl, with a quick pace, walked over to the front door and opened it. She was pleasantly surprised with who was waiting behind it.

 

“Is it too late to Knock Knock?” Jae of DAY6 said.

 

“Oh, hey! It's been a while!” The orange-haired girl said, hugging the bandmembers. “How's it been?”

 

“It's been good, you know, the usual. Hey, happy birthday!” He replied.

 

“Thank you, I really appreciate it.” She looked behind the blonde boy. “Aww, you brought everyone!”

 

“Well, of course, you're our friend, after all!” Jae replied.

 

Chaeyoung took a step back, allowing the rest of DAY6 in. Well, just Jae, Sungjin, Dowoon, and Younghyun. Wonpil wasn't anywhere to be seen.

 

Over at the living room, sitting on the couches were Nayeon, Tzuyu, Momo, and Jeongyeon. The bunny girl diverted her attention from her phone to look at DAY6. “You know, sometimes it hits me that... we're friends with DAY6.”

 

“Mmhmm,” Jeongyeon replied.

 

Dowoon and Younghyun went over to the living room to start chatting with the girls, while Jae chatted with Chaeyoung. Sungjin was hanging around the front door, in which Jihyo noticed.

 

“Hey there, sunbae.” Jihyo bowed. “Ahh... where's Wonpil and Mina?”

 

“They should be coming soon,” Sungjin replied. “But, we'll see.”

 

“We'll see, huh...” The JYP trainee fell silent. “Is it happening again? With Mina?”

 

“We tried to keep her calm during the drive, but it got really bad. Wonpil told us to go ahead, but I really didn't want to leave her. He insisted though, so... I had no choice, did I?” The leader fell silent.

 

“Don't feel bad, okay? And... if there's anyone you can trust to help Mina, it's definitely Wonpil!” The girl replied.

 

The front door opened, and in came Wonpil, Mina right behind him. The two were holding hands, but nobody was going to comment on that.

 

“Hey! It's good to see you two!” Jihyo greeted.

 

“Hey, it's good to see you two,” Wonpil replied.

 

Mina was holding a bag in her other hand, and Jihyo could just make out the Japanese girl whispering something to the keyboardist. The two let go, and Mina set the bag on the table.

 

“I-I brought... the cake...” Mina commented.

 

“Thank you, Minari.” Jihyo smiled at her. The Japanese girl returned to Wonpil and started talking to him about something. Chaeyoung turned around just to watch as Mina and Wonpil exited to the backyard.

 

“Whoa, when did they come?” Chaeyoung asked.

 

“Just right now. Mina brought your cake, by the way.” The JYP trainee replied.

 

“Ah, should I go thank her?” The orange-haired girl said. Sungjin just waved his hand. “I got it covered, don't worry about it.”

 

As Jihyo made her way to the backdoor, Sana, Seulgi, and Dahyun opened it.

 

“Ah, what's going on?” Jihyo asked.

 

“Mina said she needs a moment to herself, uh, and with Wonpil,” Seulgi replied. “I get it.”

 

“So, it's probably for the best if you leave them be, yeah?” Sana said, walking to the living room. “Oh, it's DAY6.”

 

------------------------------

 

7:51 PM.

 

People have mostly gone to different places in the house, but Tzuyu and Nayeon were still sitting on the couches in the living room. The bunny girl was just using her phone, while the Taiwanese girl found herself just... staring at Nayeon, admiring her beauty. The older girl laughed at something funny, which made Tzuyu's heart jump. The older girl motioned for Tzuyu to come closer, and they just started to talk about... well, whatever they liked.

 

Yes, Tzuyu thought Nayeon was beautiful. But what she really admired about Nayeon was, well, Nayeon. Her personality... it's probably the most beautiful thing about her. The bunny girl put her head on Tzuyu's shoulder, and the younger girl found her heart pounding fast.

 

Why is she like this with Nayeon? It confused Tzuyu to no end.

 

The answer is easy, really. She just needs to accept it.

 

------------------------------

 

8:10 PM.

 

More movement around the house and Tzuyu found herself at the kitchen. Chaeyoung was texting somebody, which caught the younger girl's attention.

 

“Hey, who are you texting?” The Taiwanese girl asked.

 

“Oh, shoot, did I forget to tell you?” Chaeyoung looked at the girl. “Y-You know my crush, Kyungmin? Yeah... he gave me his number.”

 

“Wow! That's... wow, I'm so happy for you!” Tzuyu replied.

 

“I know, this means a lot!” The orange-haired girl said. “I'm really looking forward to what's going to happen next with him!”

 

------------------------------

 

8:20 PM.

 

Jihyo went outside, just to see Mina and Wonpil hugging.

 

“Hey there...” Jihyo said. The Japanese girl pulled away from their hug to face the JYP trainee. “H-Hi... s-sorry I haven't been inside...”

 

“Ah, don't worry about that, it's okay.” The older girl replied. “We all understand.”

 

“T-Thank you...” Mina looked at Wonpil. “L-Let's go inside.”

 

“Alright.” The keyboardist and the Japanese girl entered the house, while Jihyo just thought about it. Wonpil really means a lot to Mina, and she means a lot to him. They're so very close with each other.

 

“If anyone is going to see Mina smile first, it's definitely him,” Jihyo said quietly to herself. “Wait, why am I talking to myself?” She just fell silent, then went back inside the house.

 

------------------------------

 

Thank you for being with me throughout everything... thank you for helping me... a-and most importantly, thank you for... being you.

 

That was what Mina told Wonpil during their time together today.

 

------------------------------

 

11:31 PM.

 

The party was wrapped up, and mostly everyone had left, save for Chaeyoung, Dahyun, Jihyo, Mina, and Wonpil. The Japanese girl put the container the cake was in back in the bag, and she walked over to Wonpil. Chaeyoung just approached her.

 

“Hey, thanks for the cake, Mina. I really appreciate it.” Chaeyoung said.

 

“O-oh... y-you're welcome...” Mina replied. The Japanese girl said something to Wonpil that Chaeyoung couldn't quite understand, but the keyboardist knew it all too well. “Hey, it's been fun spending time together with all of you. Happy birthday, Chaeyoung. Mina and I are going to go now.”

 

The Japanese girl said goodbye to everyone else and then exited the house. Wonpil followed quickly after, leaving just the three girls by themselves. Jihyo looked at her childhood friend.

 

“It's time for me to go too, it seems,” Jihyo said.

 

“Aww... don't leave meeee!” Dahyun pouted.

 

“Hey, don't be sad, Dubu. I'll see you tomorrow, yeah?” The JYP trainee said.

 

“Y-Yeah...”

 

The JYP trainee looked at the blonde and thought of something. They're childhood friends, so what she's going to do next shouldn't be a big deal. Jihyo gently placed a kiss on Dahyun's cheek. Immediately the younger girl started to blush.

 

“W-What was that about?” Dahyun asked.

 

Jihyo just smiled. “I hope you don't mind. It's kind of something I want to start doing from now on.”

 

The orange-haired girl was just staring attentively, obviously enjoying this very gay interaction. Jihyo walked over and grabbed her purse, and waved bye to the two younger girls before exiting the house. The blonde sat down on the living room couch and immediately covered her face with a pillow.

 

“Huh. How interesting.” Chaeyoung remarked, sitting down next to Dahyun. “How very very interesting. What's your verdict, hm?”

 

“U-Um... w-we are childhood friends, a-after all...” The blonde replied.

 

“Oh my gosh, seriously!?” The orange-haired girl got frustrated. “We did experience the same thing, right!? She KISSED you, for crying out loud!”

 

“I-It was a kiss on the cheek, jeez!” The 98 liner replied.

 

“This is the same girl that wants you to live with her! To sleep in the same bed with her!?”

 

“But that's normal for a childhood friend-” Dahyun got cut off.

 

“I thought that too, but this kiss... come on!” Chaeyoung replied. “She has feelings for you!”

 

Dahyun shook her head. There's no way this means that Jihyo has feelings for her. It just can't. It can't be this easy. Life can't be this easy. She knows Jihyo best, this was just her being her because they're childhood friends.

 

“Stop, okay? Jihyo likes men, and that's that!” Dahyun replied.

 

The orange-haired girl shook her head, and just got off from the couch. “Fine. Whatever, then.” She stormed off into the bedroom. The blonde fell silent, closing her eyes.

 

------------------------------

April 24th, 2018. 11:18 AM

 

Jihyo was at JYP studios, inside one of the practice rooms. Usually, when she would go there, she would start practicing a choreography, but.. she felt weird. She's just been staring at herself in one of the mirrors for what seemed like an eternity. The JYP trainee was trapped in thought. She's been intimate with Dahyun before, but when she kissed her best friend on the cheek, something felt different.

 

------------------------------

 

April 23rd, 2018. 11:35 PM.

 

Jihyo exited the house and walked the path to her car. Once she stopped in front of her car, she turned around to face the house. After kissing Dahyun on the cheek, for some reason, her heart couldn't stop beating fast. She didn't know why, and at first she assumed it was something she ate... but... it seemed to be completely different from that. She tried to ignore it by thinking of other stuff, but her mind would always trail back to kissing Dahyun.

 

The more she thought about it, the louder her heartbeat got. She felt like a fool, why was she feeling like this? It was just a friendly gesture like the other usual things she would always do with Dahyun, so WHY was this different? Thoughts kept on rushing through her head, trying to find an explanation, anything to make this make sense.

 

She thinks about all those times recently when Dahyun would nuzzle her neck. How she feels now, is how she felt back then, but times two. Dahyun has always made her feel this way. And then... her mind settled on one word.

 

“Love”

 

But... that couldn't be it, right? After all, she never thought of Dahyun in a romantic way, so why? Why now? They've been friends for twenty years, she can't afford to feel in a way that could completely ruin their friendship. Maybe she's just confused, because she never kissed someone, even if it was a kiss on the cheek. She liked men, and that was the simple truth...

 

But was it really?

 

------------------------------

 

April 24th, 2018. 11:20 AM

 

She threw herself on the couch and closed her eyes. She kept on telling herself to stop being ridiculous, she just got confused by the kiss. But.. even still, when she would go back and think about the kiss, her heart would still persist in beating loudly. Why? Why was everything betraying her now? Dahyun is just her best friend, the only person who means the world to her., the only person that Jihyo would do anything for. She's just simply... her... best friend?

 

She opened her eyes and sat up. As if fate were against her, the door knocked.

 

“U-Um, it's occupied!” Jihyo called out, wanting to the person to leave immediately.

 

“Ah, Jihyo, it's me!” The voice of Dahyun called out.

 

The older girl stared at the door. No no NO! WHY!? She couldn't face her, not until she's gotten everything together.

 

“Ahhhh... Dubu, it's not a good time right now! I-I'll get back to you later, okay?” Jihyo said.

 

“Oh, okay,” Dahyun replied. “You sure?”

 

“Y-Yeah, I'll be fine.” The older girl replied.

 

“Okay...” The blonde said, and Jihyo could hear her footsteps fading out.

 

------------------------------

 

1:59 PM.

 

Jihyo spent much longer than she would like to admit to collect her thoughts. She thought about a lot of things, mostly her true feelings. While she's claimed that she only likes guys, she's noticed multiple contradiction in that statement. Like she talked to Wonpil about, she's been checking out girls, and has even thought about dating them?? like, she saw a really pretty girl, and she thought about asking her out??? and even kissing a girl???

 

Much to say, kissing Dahyun hit Jihyo with the truth: She's biual. She felt stupid for denying it for so long, but here it was. It felt freeing, to finally figure this all out.

 

But even then, she can't explain the way she felt after she kissed Dahyun

 

She first just tried to pin it on her discovering her biuality, but that didn't feel complete, she felt like there was still something missing. Something she couldn't find, or more like, something she just didn't want to admit. Nonetheless, she decided to leave it on hold for the time being and called her childhood friend.

 

H-Hey, are you okay now?” Dahyun asked right away after answering.

 

“Yeah... do you want to meet up?” Jihyo asked back.

 

Y-Yeah... I'm at the park right now.” The blonde sounded a bit gloomy, which the older girl noted.

 

“Dahyun, what's wrong?”

 

Chaeyoung and I had a little argument last night. I'm feeling sad.

 

“Oh, I'm so sorry. Will being with your Jihyo-unnie make things feel better?”

 

O-Of course... you're my best friend.

 

“I'll be right there.”

 

------------------------------

 

2:11 PM.

 

Jihyo arrived at the park and followed Dahyun's directions to find her sitting on a bench, using her phone.

 

“Hey, Dubu,” Jihyo said, sitting next to her childhood friend. “Are you okay?”

 

“I'm okay, I just don't know if Chaeyoung is... I-I've been meaning to text her, but I get too scared to...” Dahyun replied.

 

“You've had arguments before, right? It's never been this bad...” The JYP trainee observed.

 

“It's just... it was a kinda serious topic, that's all. But... it's okay, really. I-I'll just... wait to text her, I guess.” The younger girl fell silent.

 

Jihyo started to fiddle with her thumbs, thinking to herself. Then, she took a deep breath. “Dahyun, I need to tell you something. It's really important.”

 

The older girl repositioned herself to be looking at Dahyun, and the younger girl did the same. “Jihyo, what is it?”

 

The JYP trainee sighed as she rested her hands on her childhood friend's, who adjusted her hands so they could be holding hands together. The two girls kept eye contact.

 

“Wow... t-this seems very familiar.” Jihyo lightly laughed.

 

“Yeah... it does...” Dahyun replied, nervous.

 

“Um... I don't how to phrase this, o-or say it without it being awkward...” The older girl was quiet. “Ah... it'll be awkward either way... Dahyun, I'm biual.”

 

The blonde just fell silent, looking away for a split second, but she immediately returned eye contact. Jihyo felt nervous, but, this is her childhood friend after all. The person she cares for the most in all of her life.

 

“I kinda figured.” Dahyun jokingly remarked.

 

“H-Huhhh?! How can you know something about me that I wouldn't know myself!?” Jihyo replied with a smile.

 

“I am gay, after all! It makes sense that I would be able to detect someone like me!”

 

The older girl giggled. “Half gay.”

 

The younger girl tilted her head slightly. “Eh, as long as you got some gay, I'll be able to detect it!”



Jihyo smiled at Dahyun. “Thank you.”

 

The blonde looked at her with a smile. “You accepted me so fast when I came out to you. What kind of friend would I be if I didn't do the same for you?”

 

The JYP trainee pulled her best friend into a hug, holding her tightly. Gosh, Jihyo is so lucky to have such an amazing person like Dahyun as her best friend. She looked forward to when Dahyun moved in because she knew her days would be brighter with the blonde there in every waking moment. Park Jihyo really appreciated Kim Dahyun.

 

------------------------------

 

April 28th, 2018. 9:41 AM.

 

At a cafe, was Wonpil. He was waiting for Mina, who he invited over. Today is his birthday, so he's looking forward to spending it with Mina. He was keeping watch over the front door, waiting for his favorite girl to arrive. In perfect timing, he saw Mina enter the building. She noticed him and quickly walked over to his table.

 

“Hey, Mina.” The keyboardist smiled at her. The girl took a seat in front of him. “Happy birthday, Wonpil.”

 

“Thank you.” He replied.

 

The Japanese girl thought of words to say, then she spoke up. “Are you... planning on having... a party or... something like that, yeah...”

 

“Not quite a party, but a friendly get together. I'm just... not sure where.” Wonpil fell silent, in thought.

 

“We... could have the get together at my house.” Mina offered.

 

“Oh, no, you don't have to. It's okay, really.” The keyboardist replied.

 

“A-Are you sure...? I-I want the best for you...”

 

The keyboardist started to think about it. “Yeah, sure. If you're okay with it.”

 

“Y-Yes... I-I'll even make you a cake!”

 

“Thank you, Minari, I really appreciate it,” Wonpil said.

 

Mina blushed. “Y-You're welcome...”

 

------------------------------

 

10:01 AM

 

Nayeon woke up, and to her surprise, Tzuyu was still in bed, cuddling with her. She had almost forgotten that it was a weekend today, which would mean that the younger girl wouldn't need to attend school. The bunny girl sighed and shook her roommate. “Hey, it's time to wake up.” No response. She let out a groan and got off from the bed as fast and as abrupt was possible.

 

The younger girl immediately woke up, letting out a loud yell. “W-What the hell?!” The bunny girl giggled. “Like I said, it's time to wake up.”

 

The Taiwanese girl rolled her eyes, sat up, and stretched. “It's a weekend, why can't I get my sleep?”

 

The older girl shrugged. “You snooze, you lose.”

 

The student rolled her eyes once more. “What are you, a kid?”

 

Nayeon walked over to her closet to find something to change into, while the younger girl looked at her phone. After some time deciding her outfit, the bunny girl went into her bathroom to change, and the younger girl got up from the bed and stretched. Eventually, Nayeon got out of the bathroom. Tzuyu was searching the luggage she packed and pulled out a shirt.

 

The younger girl casually took her shirt off in front of Nayeon, in which the older girl responded with a blush.

 

“U-Um... that's pretty open of you.” Nayeon remarked.

 

The younger girl put her new shirt on. “I mean, it's just a bra. You're a girl too, so this should be fine, right?” The student then went over to her luggage and took the rest of her clothing, and went into the bathroom.

 

The bunny girl started to wonder if there was a bigger reason for that.

 

------------------------------

 

2:42 PM.

 

Jeongyeon returned to her home, and just threw herself onto her living room couch. She had gone to a bar earlier, and she met a girl named Seo Jangmi. It took her a while to realize that Jangmi was the same girl Nayeon tried to ask out earlier this month, but she had a boyfriend. Jangmi claimed that her boyfriend was cheating on her, so she broke it off with him, and then she asked Jeongyeon out on a date.

 

Of course, Jeongyeon accepted, but it was still weird.

 

------------------------------

 

3:02 PM.

 

Because Dahyun's time to move in was coming close, Jihyo was helping Dahyun with packing. Although they had only packed two boxes, Dahyun stopped to take a break, while Jihyo herself continued to pack. But even then, the blonde insisted that her best friend take a break.

 

“Jihyo-unnie pleeasse..” The blonde girl said.

 

The JYP trainee looked at her friend. “I want you to move in at exactly May 1st, so the sooner we pack your stuff, the faster you can live with me.”

 

Despite her sisters saying they would move out at May, the two girls have essentially already moved out, they were already sleeping at their new place, but they still needed to take some stuff away from Jihyo's house. The blonde offered to move in already, but the older girl decided to wait until exactly May. “If you move in at May, which is your birth month, then it's like me giving you an early birthday gift.

 

The blonde just lied there on her side, using her phone. Jihyo sighed and opened the closet. The younger girl sat up. “Hey, uh, you know Chaeyoung also has stuff in there too, right?” She got up and approached her best friend.

 

“Oh, so now you want to help?” Jihyo said, a bit aggressive.

 

The blonde immediately caught this. “...Hey, you feeling alright?”

 

The JYP trainee sighed and sat on Dahyun's bed. “I don't know..”

 

The younger girl sat next to her best friend and put her hands on top of Jihyo's hands. “Hey, come on, you can tell me.”

 

The older girl sighed. “I thought that my sisters would hang around a little bit longer, and start packing two days before May... I guess I'm just a bit upset they're already gone.”

 

The blonde frowned. “Aw, I'm sorry.”

 

She pulled her best friend into a hug. The older girl held on tightly. After a couple of beats, Dahyun pulled away. “I'll help you, then. I want to be in as fast as possible.”

 

------------------------------

 

7:21 PM.

 

Like with Chaeyoung's party, Mina had invited the rest of her friends, along with DAY6. The first to arrive were Dahyun and Jihyo, who settled in nicely with Chichi, playing with the dog. Following the girls, a couple of minutes later, was DAY6, who were immediately followed by Sana, Seulgi, and Momo. After a couple of more minutes, Nayeon, Tzuyu, Jeongyeon, and Chaeyoung arrived in one group.

 

Although the others were talking inside the house, Mina had found herself outside in her backyard, watching over her dog. Of course, she was eventually greeted by the keyboardist, who made his way outside to talk to her.

 

“Hey, I just wanted to thank you for the cake,” Wonpil said. “Er, again.”

 

“That's the eleventh time today..” The girl said, sitting down on a chair she had stationed. “Honestly, just seeing you enjoy it is enough for me, I don't really need a thanks.”

 

The keyboardist nodded. “Okay.”

 

The girl fell silent. “Hey, so... I did get you a gift.” Mina said.

 

“Oh?” Wonpil questioned. “I thought the cake was your gift.”

 

The girl shook her head. “That too, but I feel like this is more important.”

 

Mina got off from the chair, approached Wonpil and pulled out a small box from her pocket and handed it to the keyboardist. He opened it and saw what appeared to be a small sun sticker.

 

The girl smiled a bit weakly. “I-I know it's not much, but you can put it on your phone case. I think it would make it look a bit more pretty.”

 

The keyboardist looked up at the younger girl. “Hey, I know you have more to say than that.”

 

Mina fell silent, but then spoke up. “Some people say the sun brightens their day. Well, you're like the sun to me. So, I'm giving you this sticker to tell you that you brighten my day.”

 

Wonpil just smiled, and pulled the girl into a hug. “Thank you.”

 

------------------------------

 

10:35 PM.

 

After some hours of conversations and everything, everyone started to leave. The girls left first, and then the rest of DAY6, minus Wonpil, left after them. Mina started to clean up her living room, and Wonpil approached her.

 

“Hey, thanks for everything, Mina,” Wonpil said. The girl just nodded and started putting the dirty plates and bowls in her sink. The keyboardist spoke up. “After we're done cleaning, I'm going to have to leave.” The Japanese girl nodded again.

 

After a half-hour, Mina's house was now fully clean. The keyboardist started packing his stuff up, and the girl hugged him from behind.

 

“No words can describe how much I appreciate you.” She declared.