Lovesick Puppies

Our Time

April 16th, 2018. 9:34 AM.

 

Mina woke up just like any day. Although, today wasn't any day, was it? It was quite a special day. She felt... excited. She really was going to spend her day with Yoo Jeongyeon, a complete wildcard to her. The Japanese girl got off her bed, and she thought about cooking, but then she quickly remembered that she didn't know how to cook. So, instead, she just opted to go get breakfast. She filled up Chichi's food bowl and called the dog over.

 

“Chichi! Come here!” Mina said. The female border collie dog with white and black fur quickly ran over and started to eat from her bowl, and Mina's phone rang. She picked up. “H-Hey, Wonpil.”

 

You picked up quick! Anything happening today?” Wonpil asked.

 

“S-Sorry... totally forgot to tell you yesterday... I... I... uh... have a date, today.”

 

Oh wow! With who?

 

“Jeongyeon.”

 

Now that's a surprise.

 

Interesting! What time?

 

“2 pm... I think... w-we're... going to meet at... the... dog park.” The Japanese girl replied. “D-Do you want... to spend some time with me before my date...?”

 

I would love to, but it's going to be a very busy day for DAY6.” The keyboardist sighed. “I'm sorry.

 

“I-I... understand...”

 

Tomorrow I'll be available, though!

 

“T-That's... good to know...”

 

I got to go now, bye Mina.

 

“Bye..”

 

------------------------------

 

9:40 AM.

 

The keyboardist sighed. He was at JYP entertainment, in a break room alone. Someone entered the room, and Wonpil looked at who it was. It was Jihyo, who went inside to get something from the fridge.

 

“Oh, hey.” Jihyo waved. “Wasn't expecting to see you he... eh?” The JYP trainee just facepalmed, realizing her mistake. In response, the keyboardist laughed. “You should be expecting to see me here! After all, we're both part of JYP!”

 

The girl just awkwardly chuckled, scratching her cheek. “Y-Yeah... I clearly didn't think before I spoke...”

 

The keyboardist got up from the couch he was sitting on, walking over to Jihyo.

 

“You're not training today, am I wrong?” He asked.

 

“Ah... yeah, no schedule today. I just wanted to come in to sing a couple of songs.”

 

“The booth?”

 

“Yes!”

 

“I get that.”

 

“I'm so excited for when it's for real.”

 

The band member just nodded, and Jihyo walked over to the fridge.

 

“Oh hey, did you know? Mina has a date today.” Wonpil said. Jihyo looked over at him. “With Jeongyeon, right?” The keyboardist was a bit surprised. “Oh?”

 

The JYP trainee walked away from the fridge. “Jeongyeon told me herself. It makes me happy, really. It lets me know that good progress is being made for Mina.”

 

“You really do care about her, huh.”

 

“Yes... I-I just wish she would let me get closer, that's all.”

 

“One day.”

 

“Yes, one day.”

 

Jihyo stood there in silence, and then a thought popped up in her head.

 

“I got a question for you, Wonpil.” The girl said, sitting at the table. “It's uh... a bit weird, but...”

 

“You know you can ask me anything.” He replied. “Go for it.”

 

The JYP trainee took a deep breath, collecting her thoughts completely.

 

“Have... you... um... ever felt... attracted to another guy?” Jihyo asked.

 

“Can't say I have, no,” Wonpil replied. “Why?”

 

“Oh... i-it's just sometimes... I find myself checking out other girls.” The JYP trainee replied. “B-But that's just normal, right? I-I mean, you can think other girls are attractive without it meaning anything.”

 

“I guess.”

 

“L-Like, I see a girl and think “oh she's so pretty!”. Y-You know, basic stuff like that!” But then again, Jihyo couldn't explain some OTHER thoughts she had about girls, that she can't quite say out loud. The keyboardist fell silent. “A-And I mean, yeah, some girls REALLY catch my eyes, but that's it!” The girl was very obviously panicking.

 

“Have you considered that possibility that you may not be 100% straight?” The keyboardist stated.

 

“u-uh... no...?”

 

“Then why are you panicking right now? And even if you weren't straight, that's not a bad thing, ya know?”

 

“I-I know... Dahyun's my best friend, and she's lesbian. I'm not homophobic by any means, I'm just... confused?” Jihyo sighed. “I'm probably just nervous because, hah... h-hey! Dahyun's going to move in next month!”

 

Well, bingo. Wonpil nodded. “I suppose that makes sense, with your sisters moving out.”

 

“Y-Yeah, and Dahyun and I have slept in the same bed before countless times!” The girl said with an obvious blush on her face.

 

“I can tell you're excited.” He replied.

 

“Y-Yeah... I really am! I look forward to seeing Dahyun next to me every morning!”

 

Wonpil looked at the clock. “Oh, I gotta go now.”

 

“So soon?” The girl pouted.

 

“You know Sungjin.”

 

“Ah! Okay, see you soon!”

 

“Yeah, see you.”

 

Wonpil exited the room, leaving Jihyo all by herself. The girl just sat down on the couch, and started to think about... well, everything. Like she had said earlier to Wonpil, she had been checking girls out. And then she realized, that she's always been doing it, and she just now caught herself doing that. It confused her a ton, but maybe it was a normal thing?

 

------------------------------

 

12:31 PM.

 

Sana was just in her bedroom, readjusting a poster she had noticed got crooked. She wasn't alone, though, since Dahyun was there too, resting her head on the Japanese girl's desk. After readjusting her poster, Sana immediately grabbed a book from her shelf and slammed it on the desk.

 

“Wake up,” Sana remarked.

 

“Ahhh! Jeez! I wasn't asleep!” Dahyun whined.

 

“Looked like it.” The Japanese girl crossed her arms. “Did you really just come here to bother me and sleep on my desk?”

 

“N-No! I came to ask you something important!”

 

“It took you thirty minutes, and me asking you this question about fifty times, for you to just now tell me this.” The older girl replied. “Go ask your question, I'm going to be busy soon.”

 

“O-Oh... so... um... have you had a relationship before?” The blonde asked.

 

“Nope. Hmm.. interested?” Dahyun knew exactly what Sana meant by that.

 

“Not... what I meant...”

 

“Obviously. Can you please just spill it?”

 

“I-I mean... how do you get around to like... I dunno, romantic stuff. Kissing, and all that. A-And confessing.” The younger girl said.

 

“I don't know either of that stuff, you'd have better luck asking Nayeon.”

 

“I texted her earlier but she was busy!”

 

“Then, you're out of luck,” Minatozaki replied. “Well, not quite, actually. Just remembered I've had a couple of chats like this before with Nayeon.”

 

“Oh?”

 

Minatozaki looked away, blushing. “Y-Yeah... about feelings, and s-stuff... confessions, kissing, just the basics.”

 

Obviously, she wasn't going to mention that it was about Jihyo, of course.

 

“Can you help me out?” Dahyun asked.

 

“Well, when it comes to confessions... um... just do it when the time is right.”

 

“I already knew that... fine, kissing, then!”

 

Sana just fell silent. “That's hard to explain, hm.”

 

“What?”

 

“Maybe it's better if I just show you,” Minatozaki said.

 

“Show me?” The blonde asked.

 

“Yes, let me demonstrate with you,” Sana replied.

 

“W-Wait, l-like, kiss me!?” Dahyun panicked.

 

Sana stepped a bit closer, then she just smiled and started to laugh. “I'm messing with you!”

 

“O-Oh... of course, I-I knew that!”

 

“Real talk, though... don't overthink it, no tongue, and brush your teeth,” Sana said. “And, can you tell me why you're asking me such questions?”

 

“Oh... n-no reason...” Dahyun replied.

 

“Well, obviously it can't because of your crush for Jihyo, nope.” Minatozaki sarcastically said.

 

“Ssshhhh!” Dahyun panicked. “Don't say that out loud!”

 

“What are you on about? We're the only ones in this house!” The older girl replied.

 

More important, Dahyun was freaked out that Sana knew. The only people she's told about her feelings for Jihyo were Chaeyoung and Jeongyeon.

 

“H-How did you even know about my feelings for Jihyo!?” The blonde panicked more.

 

“You make it QUITE obvious,” Sana replied.

 

“H-HUUUHHH!?” Dahyun shouted obnoxiously, Minatozaki rolling her eyes in response. “I-I MAKE IT OBVIOUS!?”

 

“Can you not yell so loud.” The older girl replied. “Yes, you do.”

 

“T-Then... what if Jihyo already knows!?”

 

Sana just shrugged. “Jihyo's smart, but she's pretty dumb when it comes to love.”

 

“D-Don't say such a mean thing about Jihyo..” The pale girl replied.

 

“Have you seen harem animes?” The Japanese girl asked. “The main protagonist is usually clueless when it comes to knowing who has a crush on him. Jihyo's an anime harem protagonist, but as a girl.”

 

“T-That's... weird...”

 

Sana walked looked over at her clock. “Is that all you needed to talk to me about?”

 

“Waah... why are you so mean today...” Dahyun whined.

 

“I'm sorry.” Minatozaki sighed. “It's just been an off-day since I woke up.”

 

“Oh... that's sad to hear.”

 

“It'll get better. I have to go, though. Got to see Seulgi.”

 

“O-Okay, bye.”

 

------------------------------

 

1:35 PM.

 

Over at school, it was time for a lunch break. Tzuyu and Chaeyoung had just opted to sit at the fountain, the shorter girl just looking at the fountain. They sat there in silence for a couple of moments, before Chaeyoung spoke up.

 

“I miss Dahyun,” Chaeyoung said. “When she used to be here at this school, you know?”

 

“You say that a lot,” Tzuyu replied. “And I agree, yes, but you say that a lot.”

 

There was just more silence as Chaeyoung took a strawberry out of the packet she was holding, and ate it. Tzuyu looked at the fountain, getting immersed into the sound of the water. But that didn't last so long.

 

“So, “Yoda”, anything exciting happening in your life?” Chaeyoung remarked.

 

“Oh my gosh.” Tzuyu groaned. “I'm going to throw myself in that fountain... Actually, on second thought, I'll throw your small, petite in there.”

 

“H-Hey!” The short girl yelled. “I can just as easily fight back! As a matter of fact, I can hit you right in the sensitive areas!”

 

“S-Stop that. I was only joking.”

 

“Well, still, keep what I said in mind!”

 

The Taiwanese girl fell silent. The orange-haired girl noticed something about this.

 

“What's wrong?” Chaeyoung asked.

 

“I don't know.” The younger girl sighed. “I'm just thinking about, you know, all those things you say about Nayeon and me.”

 

“Oh... I'm sorry. B-But when I say that, I'm just messing with you, you know?”

 

“Of course... but... it does have me thinking.”

 

“Thinking? About?”

 

“... I dunno... like... my feelings and stuff.”

 

“Feelings? Abbooouuuttt?”

 

“Jeez, just thinking about my uality.”

 

The orange-haired girl raised an eyebrow. “Is that so?”

 

“I'm just getting confused, that's all.” Tzuyu denied. “How about your feelings, hmm?”

 

“H-Huh?” The older girl got flustered. “What do you mean?”

 

“I mean, SURELY, you must be crushing on a boy or girl.”

 

Chaeyoung was blushing BIG TIME. “Um... there is this one boy I like..”

 

“Ohhh?”

 

“His.. his name is Kyungmin. A-And he's my age, too.”

 

“Then go! Ask him on a date, I'm sure it'd hit off well!”

 

“I dunno..” The Korean girl said. “He's just so cool looking.. would he really want to go on a date with a strawberry lover like me?”

 

“Oh, so you just like his looks?” The Taiwanese girl asked.

 

“No, not just his looks. I've talked to him a few times, and every single time he gave off such a friendly and approachable aura. I really do like him.”

 

“Then go girl, take your shot! Take your shot before it's too late!”

 

“S-Sure.. but another time. Before summer break.”

 

“I guess. You do you, Chae.”

 

------------------------------

 

2:28 PM.

 

Needless to say, the wait was AGONIZING for Mina. But, finally it was time, and she was finally at the dog park, and waiting for her was her date.

 

“Hey!” Jeongyeon said. “You're early!”

 

“y-you too...” Mina replied.

 

“Haha, so I am!” The older girl cleared . “Have you gotten lunch?”

 

“N-Not yet..” The Japanese girl replied.

 

“Perfect. Then we can go to one of my favorite places.”

 

------------------------------

 

2:39 PM.

 

Took time, but the two girls were now seated at Jeongyeon's favorite restaurant, having already ordered. The older girl took a couple of seconds to collect her thoughts, then spoke up.

 

 “So... Mina, I'd like to get to know more about you,” Jeongyeon said. “After all, that's why I asked you out...”

 

“I-I see... w-w-what'd would... you like to know about... me?” Mina asked.

 

“I'm going to sound insensitive... but I really want to know..” The older girl sighed. “Where are your parents?”

 

The Japanese girl fell silent, and Jeongyeon mentally hit herself for asking. “S-Sorry... I shouldn't have asked...”

 

“N-No... i-i-it's okay... you... did say you wanted... to get to know more about me...” Mina said. “I-I'll tell... you...”

 

The younger girl took a few seconds to get herself together, then she spoke up. “My father died in an accident in 2013, and...w-well... I-I moved to South Korea 2015... and... I lost contact with my mother.”

 

“Oh... I'm so sorry.” Jeongyeon responded

 

“I-It's okay...” The Japanese girl sighed. “Is... t-t-there... anything else... y-you would like to know about... me?”

 

“Do you like to sing?” Jeongyeon asked.

 

“Singing..? Like Jihyo? I-I don't know... I-I n-never really thought about it...”

 

“Oh... do you have a favorite type of movie?”

 

“Mostly... sad movies,” Mina replied. “I-It's... refreshing to just cry things out... every once in a while.”

 

Granted, Mina used to cry a lot when she first got to Korea. Even now she would cry to herself. But nobody else needed to know that.

 

“Well, for me, it's usually anime.” The older girl said. 

 

 “ₐₙᵢₘₑ'ₛ 𝒸ₒₒₗ

 

“Hmm?” The older girl fell silent, thinking of something else to ask. “Do you like to go outside?”

 

“s-sometimes... t-there's a forest near my home... i-i like to go there... and just lie down and listen to the sounds of nature...” Mina replied.

 

“That sounds nice,” Jeongyeon commented.

 

------------------------------

 

2:50 PM.

 

The two girls were now outside, and Jeongyeon was thinking of what to ask.

 

“w-where are... we going to go next?”

 

“Ah, there's a mall here, and it's very... er, special.” The older girl pondered for a bit. “You like aquariums?”

 

“Y-Yeah... sure...”

 

“Then come with me.”

 

------------------------------

 

5:41 PM.

 

Nayeon just strolled along the park, occasionally stopping to take photos of a pretty sight she had noticed. Eventually, she noticed a very familiar girl. So, she picked up her pace and reached the girl.

 

“Hey there!” Nayeon said, putting a hand on the girl's shoulder.

 

“AAAAHHHHH!? W-W-WHAT THE F-?” The girl turned around, obviously shook. “N-Nayeon!?”

 

“Whoa! Seulgi, sorry!” The bunny girl bowed in apology. “Didn't think I'd scare you!”

 

Seulgi felt some panic, so she closed her eyes and started to take deep breaths. She had a mental sigh of relief as she felt the panic start to fade away. She was making great progress. “It's fine... just don't do that again, yeah?”

 

“Y-Yeah...”

 

Nayeon looked around. “Whatcha doing here?”

 

“Enjoying nature.”

 

“Well, duh.”

 

Seulgi had a bag on her waist, so she took it and searched through it. “I was gonna feed the ducks.” She pulled out a bag of bread.

 

“Wait, hold on.” The bunny girl interrupted. “You know you can't feed them bread, right?”

 

“Oh, I know.” The SM trainee replied.

 

“Then... why are you going to feed... them... bread...?”

 

“I just wanted to see if you knew this . Social experiment.”

 

“Are you just doing this to random people?”

 

Seulgi took a slice out and bit into it. “Mahybeh.”

 

“You're weird.”

 

“Thanksh.”

 

The bunny girl just now realized that she and Seulgi were quite literally right in front of the lake. Interesting.

 

“Mm, I got a question for ya,” Seulgi stated.

 

“Yes?” The photographer said.

 

“What's Tzuyu to you?”

 

“She's my best friend. Don't you know this already?”

 

“No, I mean... really.” The SM trainee fell silent.

 

Then, the bunny girl finally understood what Seulgi meant.

 

“Lemme just repeat myself. Tzuyu's JUST MY BEST FRIEND. GOT IT?” Nayeon stated.

 

“Yeah, yeah, sure...” The older girl replied. “Do best friends really have pet names?”

 

“Jihyo calls Dahyun dubu all the time!”

 

“But, they're childhood friends, it's different.”

 

“Oh my gosh.” Nayeon was getting heated. “Tzuyu and I have known each other for a long time too!”

 

“Jeez, you're getting heated.”

 

“No , sherlock!”

 

Seulgi just smirked in response. “Your reaction is telling me a lot, Im Nayeon! I gotcha!”

 

“Oh shut up!” The bunny girl rolled her eyes, and then noticed how... close Seulgi was to the edge of the lake. Well, this wouldn't be too bad.

 

In just the blink of an eye, Seulgi suddenly found herself in the lake. “AAHHH! WHAT THE !?”

 

“There! That'll teach ya!” The bunny girl replied.

 

“Gosh, you and Tzuyu are both overdramatic!” The older girl took herself out of the lake. “Do you even know how expensive this bag is? Actually, the bag, it's not even worth that much! MY PHONE!?”

 

Seulgi took her phone out. “Oh, it's fine.”

 

The bunny girl just laughed. The SM trainee rolled her eyes. “I can sue you for this, you know?”

 

“I'd like to see you try.” The photographer smirked.

 

The older girl just looked ahead of Nayeon. “Mm, I think somebody wants to see you.”

 

“Huh?” The bunny girl turned around just to see Tzuyu approaching her. “A-Ah, Tzuyu?”

 

“H-Hey...” Tzuyu awkwardly said. “N-Nayeon and Seulgi...” The Taiwanese girl looked confused. “Hey, Seulgi, why are you wet?”

 

“Im Nayeon over here thought it would be funny to throw me into the lake,” Seulgi remarked. “I'm out. Have fun, lovebirds.”

 

“Shut up!” Nayeon and Tzuyu both said as Seulgi smirked, walking away. The two girls looked at each other, then away, blushing.

 

“H-Hey... what brings you here?” The photographer asked.

 

“Can I stay the night with you?” The younger girl immediately replied.

 

“A-Ah?” Nayeon was... shocked, to say the least. “S-So... brave... T-Tzuyu-ah.”

 

“I-I mean... J-Jihyo and Dahyun have sleepovers all the time, and y-you're my best friend, so...”

 

Then, Nayeon got her together. “Haven't you stayed the night before?”

 

“Uhhhh... y-yeah! O-O-Of course...” The Taiwanese girl trailed off. “Then it's no problem, right?”

 

“Y-Yeah, sure...”

 

The younger girl fell silent. “Um, actually... I'm not being a hundred percent honest with you.”

 

“Oh?”

 

“So... the reason I'm asking if I can stay with you... is because.. um... you know how I'm older now and everything... Well, um... my parents wanted to “test” me if that's the right word... a-anyways... They wanted to see if I could do well without them. So, basically... they kicked me out of the house.”

 

“WHAT!?”

 

“I-I mean, I agreed to it! I feel like I can do well without them!”

 

“And how long is this test?”

 

“Until the beginning of May.”

 

Nayeon just did a mental spit-take

 

“WHAT!!!???” The bunny girl screamed out.

 

“Can you be quiet!?” The younger girl lightly hit the older girl's shoulder. “People are gonna stare!”

 

“I-It's just... you sleepover for the night, then what?”

 

“oh.”

 

“You didn't think it through, Tzuyu-ah!?”

 

The Taiwanese girl fell silent. She supposes one option is to just ask to live with Nayeon for the time being. After all, she already has her stuff packed. And... Nayeon is her best friend, so there's nothing wrong with being roommates with your best friend, right?

 

“Can... can I be your roommate?” Tzuyu asked with a blush on her face.

 

“Yes, you idiot.” The bunny girl replied.

 

“H-Heeeyyyy! Don't be mean!”

 

The older girl walked over to Tzuyu, reaching her hand. “Come on.”

 

The Taiwanese girl blushed, allowing Nayeon to hold her hand. “Y-Yeah...”

 

------------------------------

 

8:21 PM.

 

Earlier, Jeongyeon had text Jihyo and Dahyun to meet her at her house. And that's exactly what's going on.

 

Dahyun and Jihyo both met up at Jeongyeon's front porch, the JYP trainee knocking on her front door.

 

“How was your day, Dubu?” Jihyo asked.

 

“Fine, like usual!” The blonde replied.

 

The older girl smiled. “I'm glad to hear that.”

 

Jeongyeon opened the door, inviting the girls in. Quickly, Jeongyeon walked over to her kitchen.

 

“I got some things to talk to you two about,” Jeongyeon replied. “I hope you don't mind.”

 

“You're our best friend, of course, we don't mind,” Jihyo said.

 

“Thanks, captain obvious.” The older girl remarked, watching as the two childhood friends sat on the couch.

 

“Hey, did you two see that Momo got a huge paycheck from her dad?” Dahyun asked.

 

“On the group chat? Yeah, that's crazy.” The tall girl replied. “She's gonna be set for a while.”

 

“Her dad's moving away, right?” The JYP trainee asked.

 

“You haven't read it, Jihyo?”

 

“Ahh... I'm a very business today.”

 

“Very... business?”

 

“Shoot, I meant busy!”

 

The blonde just started to laugh. “Aww, you're so cute!”

 

Jeongyeon just smirked as Dahyun realized what she said, and the younger girl started to blush. Jihyo also found herself flustered. “A-Ahhh... t-thank you...”

 

“Lovesick puppies...” The tall girl said under her breath, then she cleared . “Yeah, so Momo's father is moving away, so he gave her this, like, CRAZY HUGE paycheck as his parting gift.”

 

“Lucky Momo...” The idol-hopeful said.

 

“She really is luckkyyy!” The younger girl replied.

 

“As if we aren't rich...” Jeongyeon rolled her eyes.

 

“We're keeping it humble, ya!” The blonde yelled.

 

“Yah, Kim Dahyun!” The older girl yelled back. “Just shush!”

 

Jihyo was smiling, but then she realizes she had to come to her childhood friend's defense. “Yoo Jeongyeon, don't be so rude!”

 

“Ahh! It's two against one, no fair!” The tall girl pointed at them. “This is cheating!”

 

With that, the three girls shared a laugh, before it went quiet again. Jeongyeon walked over to the living room, sitting next to her best friends. “But yeah... let me talk about what happened today.”

 

Jeongyeon started to fiddle with her long hair, thinking about where to start. After a bit of second, she spoke up.

 

“So, as you two know, I went on a date with Mina,” Jeongyeon stated.

 

“Yes, you two are so cute!” The blonde said. Jihyo just pulled her closer, hugging her. “Mmhmm! But let Jeongyeon-unnie speak, please!”

 

“Thank you, Jihyo.” The older girl replied. “And... you know, I learned a lot about Mina. She almost smiled!”

 

“She did?” The JYP trainee asked.

 

“We were at the aquarium in that mall, and we started talking about what we liked, and what made us happy. Mina almost smiled when she started talking about, well, Chichi and Wonpil.”

 

“Aww...”

 

“As I said, I learned a lot about Mina. And... just... now more than ever, I want to protect her. I just want her to be happy. I want to see her smile, for real.”

 

“We all do, Jeongyeon,” Dahyun said.

 

“How about we make this one of our goals for this year?” Jihyo said. “From this moment forward, one of our main goals is to make Myoui Mina happy, and to see her smile!”

 

“Yes, I agree,” Jeongyeon said.

 

“Me too,” Dahyun replied.

 

“Good.”

 

Dahyun held a hand out, and the two girls just looked at her in confusion. “You know in the movies when they put their hands together and say like, teamwork and stuff?”

 

“You're such a loser,” Jeongyeon remarked.

 

“Mmeehh...” The blonde sat back. “Well... still. It's a promise.”

 

“Between all three of us,” Jihyo said.

 

Jeongyeon nodded.

 

“Let's keep this promise, shall we?”