Girls Like Us

Our Time

June 3rd, 2018. 1:31 PM.

 

FRIENDIES!

 

Jihyo: Sana, how's Japan been treating you?

 

Sana: That's the third day in a row you've asked the same question.

 

Jihyo: Third day in a row with the same response?

 

Sana: Yes. I've quite missed Japan food.

 

Jeongyeon: Tbh I kinda wish Mina went with you three.

 

Seulgi: why's that?

 

Jeongyeon: idk I just feel like she needs a new change of setting.

 

Wonpil: Mina's told me that she's fine being where she is.

 

Seulgi: holy when did you join the chat.

 

Wonpil: Jihyo added me yesterday?

 

Nayeon: lol read the ing logs sailfish

 

Seulgi: excuse me WHAT THE

 

Nayeon: I MEANT SEULGI

 

Nayeon: GOD DAMN AUTOCORRECT

 

Chaeyoung: NAIADHBSUASIJDAIHS HAHAHA I'M DYING

 

Tzuyu: NAYEON HOW

 

Nayeon: I DON'T KNOW!?

 

~~Im Nayeon has changed Kang Seulgi's nickname to Sailfish~~

 

Sailfish: NOT COOL

 

Jihyo: I didn't know you could do that

 

Dahyun: um excuse me nayeon that's abusing your admin

 

Sailfish: yeah you nayeon

 

~~Kim Dahyun has reset Kang Seulgi's nickname~~

 

Seulgi: Much better

 

Momo: Anyone notice that it says our full names at the logs, but yet when we chat it's just our first names?

 

Dahyun: username/nickname difference

 

Seulgi: ok wait hold on

 

YouNayeon: ah much better

 

Nayeon: Sorry hunnie I have a girlfriend

 

Seulgi: smh

 

Tzuyu: what the hell

 

Sana: anyways gotta go

 

Momo: yeah bye

 

Seulgi: peace

 

------------------------------

 

1:45 PM.

 

For a change, Mina... was at Momo's dance studio. While the dance teacher had left for Japan, she gave Mina a gift: The keys to her studio. Mina wondered why, and at first, she didn't want to go. Eventually, a few days had passed, and now she decided to check out Momo's studio.

 

As she entered, she noted the place was dark. Which made sense, considering it hasn't been opened. Instead of flicking the light switch, she just turned her phone flashlight on and walked to the elevator. She pressed the button to go to the second floor and waited. Once she had arrived, she walked around the second floor, until stopping at a door. She entered and saw the room was also dark.

 

She the lights and saw the room had mirrors all over the place.

 

“This.. is her dance room,” Mina said to nobody in particular, she looked around the room. “Why... did she want me to go here?” She called the dance teacher, putting her on speaker.

 

Oh, hey, this is unexpected? Is this about that ballet place? Sorry, we haven't been looking! We could find it for you soon, though!” Momo said.

 

The younger girl spoke up. “Ah, no... I-I'm at your dance studio, and... I'm wondering why you wanted me to go here..”

 

The dance teacher was silent but then spoke up. “Ah, right! I totally forgot about that! I don't know, I just thought maybe you would want to use it someday.

 

Mina was quiet, looking at herself in the mirror. “Use.. it?”

 

She could hear the older girl saying something, but couldn't quite make it out, then she spoke clearly. “Of course! Something always told me you had a thing for music! You could practice a song here!” The younger girl was silent.

 

“I-I appreciate the thought... but I don't... have any need to use this studio.,” Mina replied.

 

The dance teacher was silent but then spoke up. “Oh, okay! That's fine! Before you leave, please make sure all the lights are off, and then lock the door!” And with that, Momo hung up. The girl continued staring at her reflection.

 

“W-What..?” Mina said. “W..Why are you looking at me like that?”

 

Mina looked away and sighed. She did give up ballet because she didn't enjoy it, that remained true. But the thought of using this dance studio... excited her a bit. The girl didn't know what exactly she could use it for, but to have an entirely new building all to herself... she liked that.

 

------------------------------

 

2:51 PM.

 

Jihyo was at JYP studios, once again practicing a song in one of the dance rooms. She heard a knock.

 

“Come in.” She said. To her surprise, it wasn't the usual suspects. “A-Ah, sunbae, I wasn't expecting to see you here!”

 

For some reason she didn't know, Im Jaebum, leader of GOT7, had entered the room.

 

“Ah, I must have gotten the wrong room,” Jaebum said. “So sorry, Jihyo.”

 

“You.. heard me say come in?” Jihyo replied. The leader nodded. “So I did.” The JYP trainee looked at him a bit funny. “...Is there something I can do for you, sunbae?”

 

The leader sighed. “I feel a bit funny, asking you.. but you've been here the longest, so... Do you have any tips on how to catch an audience?” The girl looked just... fell silent. “You're kinda weird, sunbae.”

 

Jaebum scratched the back of his head. “Yugyeom wanted me to ask that question. Hey, but it is true. You've been here the longest. Do.. you ever think you'll get your debut?”

 

The girl was silent. “I hope soon, honestly. Hey, by the way, Look was really good.”

 

The leader nodded. “Thank you.”

 

“Loved that song, by the way,” Jihyo replied. Jaebum smiled at her. “Thank you. Hey, just know that everyone's rooting for you. When you get your debut, I'll make sure we throw a big party just for you!”

 

“I appreciate it,” Jihyo responded. The leader left the room. She continued practicing, while the words “everyone's rooting for you.” kept on playing in her head.

 

Jihyo's going to be a star, she just knows it.

 

------------------------------

 

3:26 PM

 

“Wow, that actually is impressive!”

 

“I can't believe we've been friends forever and you're JUST now finding this out, unnie.”

 

“There's still another one though, can you find it?”

 

“...In that bush.”

 

“W-Whaaattt?! You didn't peek, right?

 

“W-Why would I peek!? Y-You're so meeeeaaann!”

 

Recently, Dahyun had address an.. interesting talent of hers. She could find cameras, no matter where they were. Hidden camera? Found in an instant. Jihyo initially doubted this and tested the younger girl. Of course, Dahyun found all her cameras.

 

“And all of them are recording?” The blonde asked. The older girl nodded. “Mmmhmm!” The younger girl took the camera out of the bush. “Why do you have so many cameras anyways? I don't remember them..”

 

“Ah, they're my sister's,” Jihyo replied. “They used them a lot... but I guess they didn't care enough to take them.” The younger girl looked into the camera roll. “Wow, these pictures are really old!”

 

“How old?” The JYP trainee asked. The blonde looked at the date. “...2012.” The older girl approached her. “2012, huh... Dubu, are you okay?”

 

“...Ah, it's nothing.” Dahyun said, handing the girl the camera. Jihyo knew why Dahyun was acting this way, of course.

 

------------------------------

 

May 14th, 2012.

 

“S-Sweetie..?”

 

“...”

 

“Come out of your room, please?”

 

“....”

 

“Dahyun please, it's time for breakfast.”

 

“Miss Kim, can I try? Maybe she'll come out for me.”

 

“A-Ah, Jisoo... I don't know.”

 

“Dahyun, can you come out please?”

 

They heard footsteps, and the door swung open. The younger and black-haired Dahyun stared at them.

 

“J-Jisoo-unnie... I didn't think you would be here...”

 

“Of course I would be here, Dubu! You know I'm always here for you!”

 

“....”

 

“S-Sweetie, I need you to eat.” Dahyun's mom said.

 

“I'm not hungry.”

 

She gripped Jisoo's hand, and pulled the girl into the room, shutting her door.

 

“S-Sweetie, please..” Dahyun's mother said weakly, before just giving up and leaving.

 

Dahyun threw herself onto the bed, and Jisoo stared sadly.

 

“Dubu..”

 

“I know what you're thinking. You probably don't understand, right? Oh, why is Dahyun like this? Why is Dahyun acting so strange!?”

 

“I-I would never, Dahyun! You know that I'm here for you!”

 

“...but why?”

 

“Huh?”

 

“Why are you here for me? Why do you care so much about me? I don't deserve it.”

 

“Dahyun, no..!”

 

“No, it's true.”

 

“Don't say that, okay? You deserve all the love in the world!”

 

The older girl got on the bed and pulled her best friend into a hug.

 

“...it doesn't feel like it.”

 

“Dubu, please...”

 

“....i'm so sorry.”

 

“It's okay.”

 

“i-i'm so s-sorry...”

 

------------------------------

 

June 3rd, 2018. 3:36 PM.

 

“It hurts to think about it.” The blonde said. “Just... all of it.”

 

“And with Mina...” The JYP trainee stated.

 

“Yeah. Mina.”

 

“I really want to help her. No word in the world can describe just how much I want to help Mina.”

 

“I do, too. I can see it in her eyes, how much she's been through. How much she's hurting.”

 

“And then Sana with her dad..” The older girl said. “God, poor Sana..”

 

“At least she's looking for him, now,” Dahyun replied. “It's better than nothing.”

 

“I'm just so sad. Mina... Sana... They're wonderful girls, you know? Amazing girls with such beautiful souls, and yet... they've gone through so much pain. It's not fair, Dahyun. They don't deserve it.”

 

“There's also Nayeon..” The blonde said. “W-With her parents.”

 

“...I wish we've had this conversation sooner.” The JYP trainee sighed. “I just... it feels so weird talking about it now, you know?”

 

“Sometimes it's good to talk about things, no matter the timing.”

 

“I know... I'm just getting sad, and then.. my mind starts trailing to dark places..”

 

“What.. kind of dark places, Jihyo?” The blonde asked.

 

“...Death.” Jihyo replied. “Just... death.”

 

“Death...? Of who? Your family?” The younger girl asked.

 

“Just... everyone.” The older girl responded. “My parents.. my sisters... y-you..” The JYP trainee sighed. “My god, I don't know what I would do without you, Dahyun.”

 

“You don't have to worry about that. I'm going to be here for you, forever.”

 

“Until the end? Our end, together?”

 

“Together forever,” Dahyun replied.

 

“...I like that.” Jihyo commented. “Together forever..”

 

“It's a promise.” The blonde said. “Make that promise to me too, Jihyo. You won't leave me, you'll stick with me until our forever ends.”

 

“Y-Yes, Dahyun.” The older girl replied. “I'll be with you, until the end.”

 

------------------------------

 

4:39 PM.

 

Jihyo and Dahyun were sitting on the couch, the younger girl resting her head on her girlfriend's shoulder.

 

“I just now realized something,” Jihyo said. “Jeongyeon..?”

 

“Jeongyeon..?” Dahyun said.

 

“Did she know that you're in love with me?” The older girl asked.

 

“Mmmmaybe.”

 

“That explains so much. And I just thought she was just being, well, weird.”

 

“Almost everyone knew about my feelings for you.” The younger girl said. “Jeongyeon, Chaeyoung, Sana, Momo, Seulgi... mmm, I'm sure Nayeon and Tzuyu figured it out on their own, too.”

 

“W-Wow.,” Jihyo replied. “That's... a bit embarrassing for me.”

 

“Sana once said you were dumb when it came to love. It... was a bit funny, now that I think of it.”

 

“Aw, that's so mean of her. Sana's so rude!”

 

“She compared you to a harem anime protagonist.”

 

“She must have gone all in, jeez.”

 

“Meh, she didn't say that much.” The younger girl replied. “That's all she said.”

 

“Still, how rude.” The older girl said, crossing her arms and pouting.

 

“You're so cute, Jihyo.” Dahyun complimented.

 

The older girl immediately started to blush. “A-Ah, thank you.”

 

The younger girl planted a kiss on Jihyo's cheek, getting an even brighter blush from the older girl. “Y-You're making moves, huh..”

 

“Hey, you're the one who kissed me first.” The blonde said. “Just paying it back.”

 

“I... suppose you're right.”

 

------------------------------

 

4:25 PM

 

The three girls that went to Japan had set up their “base” at a fancy hotel. There was no real reason for choosing a fancy hotel, besides Momo stating that “we have a lot of money, let's just spend it!”

 

Anyways, the three girls were inside a rented car, driving around Osaka.

 

“So, do you girls even know where Mina was at before she headed to Korea?” Seulgi replied. “Did a google search on Funakoshi's, and uh... that's in Kobe.”

 

“W-WHAT!?” Sana yelled. Momo was driving but was still startled by Sana. “Huuuhhh? Kobe?!”

 

“Uh.. it ain't that far,” Seulgi replied. “Don't gotta be so overdramatic.”

 

“N-No, I know.” The younger Japanese girl said. “It's just... we still haven't found my dad yet, and I-I don't want a window of opportunity to go by.” The Korean girl sighed. “Then maybe I'll go take a picture of it myself.”

 

“Wait, you're going to go get a car?” Minatozaki asked. The SM trainee nodded. “Don't see why not. You girls can continue searching for Sana's dad, and I'll go send Mina a picture of Funakoshi's.”

 

“Well, guess we'll drive you to the rental, then,” Sana said. “Right, Momo?”

 

The dance teacher nodded.

 

------------------------------

 

5:51 PM.

 

After a long drive, Seulgi had finally arrived at the destination: Funakoshi's School of Ballet. She parked the car and stood in front of the entrance.

 

“Huh,” Seulgi replied. “Place is... pretty old. Wonder why Mina was attracted to this.”

 

The Korean girl pulled out her phone and flipped it horizontally. She took a few pictures of the school and then sent it to Mina.

 

“That's a very nice phone you got there.” A woman said, approaching the Korean girl.

 

“Ah, thanks,” Seulgi replied.

 

“You don't seem like you're from here, yet your Japanese is very good.” The woman said.

 

“Well, my friends are Japanese.” The Korean girl said.

 

The woman looked at the dance school. “My daughter used to go here.”

 

“Used to?” Seulgi asked. “Did she graduate?”

 

“Well, I wish she did.” The woman replied. “She left a bit early, earlier than I wanted, to be honest.”

 

“That's pretty sad.” The Korean girl responded. “Were you fine with it?”

 

“Well, it was her decision, after all.” The woman said. “As her Mom, it's my duty to love my daughter, no matter what.”

 

“That's pretty nice,” Seulgi replied.

 

“So, what does bring you here to this school?” The woman asked.

 

“My friend Mina wanted me to check this place out.” The SM trainee replied. “I.. wonder why.”

 

“Perhaps she used to be a student here, too.” The woman replied. “Oh, sorry. I guess I must be holding you up, huh?”

 

“No, it's cool.” The Korean girl replied. “Um, bye.”

 

She left, a little freaked out.

 

------------------------------

 

Conversation with: Myoui Mina

 

Mina: So the place is still open after all?

 

Seulgi: yup

 

Seulgi: some weird lady came to me and started speaking about her daughter and

 

Seulgi: gave me the ing heeby jeebies

 

Seulgi: so, why'd you want to see the place anyway?

 

Mina: No reason, really.

 

Seulgi: Let me ask again.

 

Seulgi: Why did you want to see the ballet school, Mina?

 

Mina: I...

 

Mina: I should have expected this from you, to be honest.

 

Mina: Guess I should tell you...

 

Mina: I used to be a student there

 

Seulgi: I figured that out, but it's good to hear confirmation.

 

Mina: Oh.

 

------------------------------

 

6:01 PM

 

Mina didn't know why. Why was she panicking like this? Seulgi just mentioned a random lady. It could have been anyone.

 

Yet the only person on her mind was her mother. She could still see the woman's look of disgust on her face when she told her she wanted to leave for Korea. She still remembers the sound of the woman's shrill screams at night when she would argue with Mina's father about her decision.

 

Mina... remembers everything. It's no wonder she would react this way. But over some random lady..?

 

She felt like an idiot. She really did.

 

------------------------------

 

6:27

 

By a pure miracle, Mina had finally calmed down. She just sat there in complete silence, the only noise being the occasional whine from Chichi.

 

Yo! Earth to Myoui!?” Mina's phone screen , showing a text from Seulgi

 

------------------------------

 

Conversation with: Kang Seulgi

 

Seulgi: yo girl you just ditched this joint

 

Mina: joint?

 

Seulgi: I was still talking to you girl

 

Mina: oh sorry

 

Seulgi: so, yeah, how long were you at Funakoshi's?

 

Mina: a few years.

 

Seulgi: ah, so you stopped going?

 

Mina: yeah.

 

Mina: ballet just wasn't for me

 

Seulgi: I thought the same about singing

 

Seulgi: turns out it was just my style

 

Mina: even if I wanted to do ballet again...

 

Mina: there's too much...

 

Mina: too many memories in it

 

Seulgi: I wonder if you would be telling me this much if we were face to face.

 

Mina: ….I don't think I would

 

Seulgi: it's so much easier to spill your feelings through a phone screen.

 

Mina: I.. guess you're right.

 

Seulgi: Anyways, if you need anyone to talk to, I'm right here

 

Seulgi: considering that Sana and Momo are basically a buddy-cop duo right now, I really could use someone to talk to.

 

Mina: Thank you, Seulgi.

 

------------------------------

 

6:34

 

Mina has had a lot of people willing to help her. But Seulgi of all people.. it was definitely interesting to her. She liked that, actually. Seulgi is a unique taste, a fresh sense of variety. She wondered where this friendship could lead.

 

------------------------------

 

June 4th, 2018. 9:21 AM.

 

Dahyun woke up in bed, Jihyo having her arms wrapped around her. God, she loved this feeling. To hear Jihyo's breathing, to feel her warmth... everything. She loved everything about Park Jihyo, who she is, and what she does. Everything.

 

------------------------------

 

May 21st, 2012. 5:51 PM

 

School had just ended for the girls, and Jisoo immediately brought Dahyun over to the playground in one of their favorite parks. While the older girl was having fun... Dahyun was just sitting there, on her swing, staring blankly into nothing.

 

Jisoo immediately stopped what she was doing, and got behind the girl, lightly pushing her.

 

“How was school today, Dubu?” She asked.

 

The girl didn't respond, just continued to stare blankly.

 

“I met a boy today,” Jisoo commented. “His name is Cheolmin. He was pretty nice.”

 

The younger girl was still quiet.

 

“Ah... I wish I had met a girl for you, though.” The older girl said. “Maybe that could help you out a bit!”

 

“What? Do you not like spending time with me?” Dahyun stated.

 

The older girl was a bit taken aback. “D-Dahyun, that's not what I meant.”

 

“What did you mean, Jisoo?” The younger girl asked.

 

“Ah... I-I don't know!?” Jisoo panicked. “I-I guess I just thought that... maybe you could go on a date?”

 

“...that's stupid,” Dahyun remarked. “W-Why would I go on a date?”

 

“To help you feel better, of course!” The older girl said. “Hey, how about we go on a pretend date!”

 

This caught the younger girl's interest. “Pretend date?”

 

“Ah, well... I could pretend to be your girlfriend, and you could pretend to be mine!” Jisoo stated. “It would be like, a practice date, to help you prepare for the real thing!”

 

“Jisoo...” Dahyun replied. “I-I don't know..”

 

“Why not, Dubu?” The older girl said. “It's only pretend!”

 

Jisoo walked over to Dahyun and held her hand. “Come with me, my lady!”

 

The older girl walked, Dahyun just behind her. Seeing Jisoo smile... it made Dahyun's heart warmer. Just now, she realized that Jisoo really does care. All those bad thoughts about her friend... disappeared.

 

Jisoo is Dahyun's light in the dark. Her one and only. Her everything.

 

------------------------------

 

June 4th, 2018. 9:24 AM.

 

Jihyo slowly started stirring, waking up. The younger girl smiled at her. Jihyo, her light in the dark. The colors to her black and white. Her one and only. Her everything. God, she loved her.

 

“...good morning, dubu..” The older girl said, looking at her girlfriend. “I.. was thinking of dying my hair.”

 

“Oh? What color?” 

 

“Darker brown.”

 

“That sounds nice,” Dahyun said. “I guess you must have gotten tired of the purple, huh?”

 

“Highlights.” Jihyo stretched. “Not fun.”

 

“I'm still keeping my blonde hair, though.”

 

“I wasn't asking you to dye your hair too, Dahyun.” The older girl said. The younger girl shrugged. “Just gotta let you know~”

 

Jihyo got off from the bed, still stretching. Her phone dinged, but Dahyun grabbed it first.

 

“Oh.,” Dahyun said. The girl looked at her. “What is it, Dubu?”

 

“It's... a text. From JYP himself.”

 

“WHAT!?” Jihyo yelled, taking the phone away.

 

Is it possible for you to come to my office in the next hour? I have some manners to attend to, but I need to speak with you.” The text read.

 

“It's not his personal number, I know. But it still feels weird that you get texts from him.” Dahyun replied. “Woo for business lines..”

 

“He... wants to see me.” The JYP trainee said. “D-Dahyun, he wants to see me.”

 

“Should I come with you?” The blonde asked. 

 

The older girl looked at her phone. “I don't know, you're not part of the entertainment. I'm going to go alone. Dahyun, you should go talk to Chae or someone else while I'm gone, okay?”

 

The younger girl nodded. “Ok. Go get 'em, tiger!”

 

------------------------------

 

10:12 AM.

 

Jihyo cut it JUST short. She arrived at the door to JYP's office and knocked.

 

“Come in.” The voice of JYP himself said. Jihyo entered the room. “A-Ah, hello!” She bowed to him. “Jihyo-ah, take a seat, please.”

 

Jihyo sat on a chair in front of his desk, while the man sat on the other side, in his boss chair, as Dahyun described.

 

“As you know, you've been with us for thirteen years,” JYP replied. “You're one of the most loyal trainees I've ever had.” The girl nodded, and the man continued. “I realized now, that I've been making a huge mistake with you, Jihyo. You have so much potential, and here I am, wasting it all.”

 

“What do you mean?” Jihyo asked. JYP replied to her. “What I mean: You have immense talent. Your singing and dancing are great, and from all the activity I've monitored, you have great stage presence.”

 

The JYP trainee started to nervously fiddle with her thumbs. And the man continued. “So... now's your time. Park Jihyo, congratulations. You're going to debut on July 24th.”

 

Jihyo looked at the man, her eyes lit up with excitement. “You're not kidding, right?” The man shook his head. “No, Jihyo, it's been too long. I won't waste your talent anymore. July 24th, mark the date, remember it. It's your big day.”

 

“Oh MY GOSH THANK YOU SO MUCH!” Jihyo said, squealing from excitement. Despite the man trying to keep his professional persona on, he couldn't help but crack a small smile at the girl's excitement. “Is it okay if I hug you? Oh my gosh, I need to hug someone!”

 

Someone entered the room, and without second thoughts, Jihyo ran over to them and hugged them.

 

“Ah?” The voice said. “Aaahhh!?”

 

“Oh my gosh, I am so sorry!” Jihyo replied. To her surprise, Yugyeom from GOT7 had entered the office.

 

“Yugyeom, what is it?” JYP asked.

 

“Ah... I was just hearing loud noises.” Yugyeom responded. “I.. think I know the source of it now.”

 

“So so sorry!” Jihyo bowed. “So sorry!”

 

“Hey, it's okay.” The boy responded. “Just.. wasn't expecting that.”

 

“Yugyeom!” Jihyo said. “I'm going to debut!”

 

The boy's eyes lit up too. “Whoa, really? You're really going to debut!?”

 

The girl continued to bounce out of excitement. Yugyeom looked behind him. “I gotta tell Jaebum!”

 

------------------------------

 

10:41 AM.

 

Next thing Jihyo knew, she was inside a break room, with Wonpil.

 

“They're getting your cake,” Wonpil said. “Jihyo, I just want to say, that I'm so proud of you! Really!”

 

“That means a lot coming from you, Wonpil,” Jihyo said. “It's.. just so crazy, you know? How is Dahyun going to react?”

 

“And everyone else,” Wonpil replied. “I even got Mina invested in your debut.”

 

“Oh my gosh, really!?” The girl said. “You're the greatest, Wonpil!”

 

The keyboardist scratched the back of his head. “Hey, it's no biggie. Mina doesn't show it, but she's very curious about you and your career.”

 

Wonpil got a text, looking at it.

 

Waiting outside, can we talk?” Mina texted. The keyboardist looked at Jihyo. “Hey, Mina texted me. Is it okay if I check out for a bit?”

 

Jihyo nodded. “It's Mina, it's important. Just be back, okay?”

 

The keyboardist nodded and left the room.

 

------------------------------

 

10:45 AM.

 

Wonpil exited to the front of the JYP building and saw Mina there.

 

“Hey, Mina, what's up?” Wonpil asked.

 

“Momo left me her dance studio,” Mina replied. “And... I don't know what to do with it.”

 

“Oh? Wonpil said. “Is that what that key was?”

 

The Japanese girl nodded. “Yeah..”

 

“She... left you a dance studio key.” The keyboardist said. “Isn't that ironic..”

 

“I know.,” Mina replied. “Girl who gives up ballet is left with a dance studio, and nothing to do with it.”

 

“..I guess you should just leave it, then.” The bandmate said. “I'm sorry, I wish I had more advice for you.”

 

“I do want to do something with it though, but I just don't KNOW what it is.” The girl said.'

 

Wonpil shrugged. “Hey, we can figure it together. Today's going to be busy, so maybe we can check it out tomorrow?”

 

Mina smiled. “That sounds good.”

 

------------------------------

 

11:01 AM.

 

Everyone, All of Stray Kids, GOT7, the other 4 from DAY6, Jimin and Yerin from 15&, and some leftover members from the sixteen group returned, with a cake with “Congratulations Jihyo!” written on it.

 

“Where's Wonpil?” Sungjin asked.

 

“Right here!” Wonpil said. “I was talking to Mina.”

 

“Who's Mina?” Jimin asked. “Youurr girrllfrieeennndd?”

 

The keyboardist got flustered. “S-She's not my girlfriend..”

 

Jihyo looked over to the other three girls: Choi Inhye, Nam Jina, and Bong Haeun. They were part of Sixteen along with Jihyo, and they actually got to debut in the group titled “7mix”. Disbandment happened, and they were the only three left.

 

“Hey, glad you finally got your good ending, Jihyo,” Jina said. Haeun spoke up. “It's been a long time coming.”

 

And then, Jihyo spent the next hour talking and celebrating with her fellow JYP family.

 

------------------------------

 

5:21 PM.

 

Now was the time for Jihyo to celebrate with her non-JYP friends. She had invited all the girls (and Wonpil, obviously) to her house. Slowly, everyone came. The last to arrive was Jeongyeon.

 

“Huh, this house feels a bit bigger now,” Nayeon commented.

 

“Ah, I miss Sana and Momo!” Dahyun whined .”And Seulgi, too!”

 

“I feel really bad they're going to miss announcement because it's really important.” Jihyo sighed sadly. “I'll still tell the rest of you, though.”

 

“What is it, Jihyo?” Chaeyoung asked.

 

The soon to debut idol smiled. “I'm going to debut on July 24th.”

 

And just like, the room erupted in celebration. Dahyun had pulled Jihyo into a hug, while everyone congratulated Jihyo.

 

“Oh my god, I'm so happy for you!” Nayeon said.

 

“Me too!” Tzuyu replied. “Fighting!”

 

Eventually, the noise had died down, and everyone settled. Jihyo was still happy though.

 

“It's.. so emotional for me,” Jihyo said. “All my life I've been training for this moment, and now..”

 

The blonde pulled her into a hug, noting the girl was going to start crying.

 

“Thirteen years... and it's finally going to pay off,” Jihyo said. “I'm so happy.”

 

“I'm so happy for you too, Jihyo,” Dahyun replied.

 

Jeongyeon walked over.

 

“You know I'm not one for mushy stuff... but, it! You're my girls! Seriously Jihyo, I'm so ing proud of you!” Jeongyeon joined in on the hug, causing the two other girls to laugh.

 

------------------------------

 

7:41 PM

 

Eventually, everyone had left, and Dahyun and Jihyo were once again home alone together.

 

“I just realized, unnie,” Dahyun said. “You're going to have to be away for such a long time!”

 

“I'll just be at JYP studios,” Jihyo replied. “You can always come to see me, Dubu.”

 

The blonde sighed. “I-I know, but still... the hours without you are going to be so rough.” The older girl kissed Dahyun's cheek. “I feel the same.”

 

Dahyun blushed but continued talking. “When do you start... you know, going in and preparing?”

 

“JYP said he'd gave me two weeks to enjoy everything else before I go in and start preparing,” Jihyo said. “So, I'll make these next two weeks count! For you, Dahyun!”

 

The blonde nodded. “I'm so proud of you, Jihyo!”

 

------------------------------

 

11:21 PM

 

Jihyo and Dahyun lied down on the bed, cuddling. Dahyun was fast asleep, but Jihyo stayed awake just a little bit longer.

 

She was excited. Thirteen years, and this is it. It's all going to pay off.

 

Park Jihyo is going to be a star.