Just Another Day

Our Time

April 15th, 2018, 4:35 PM.

 

Dahyun and Jihyo had finally arrived at Jeongyeon's house. They approached the front, and the older girl knocked on the door. Almost immediately, Jeongyeon swung it open.

 

“Hey there, Jeongyeon.” Jihyo greeted.

 

“Come in.” Jeongyeon replied.

 

The two girls entered the house as Jeongyeon closed the front door and locked it.

 

“Oh, late notice, but your hair has gotten very long, huh,” Dahyun commented.

 

“Oh wow, thanks Sherlock.” The taller girl remarked. “Would've never seen that one.”

 

Dahyun pouted. “You're such a bully!”

 

Jeongyeon just chuckled as she walked over to the kitchen. “Make yourselves at home. Well, I suppose this is like, your third home, anyways...”

 

Jeongyeon's house was pretty big, almost like a “mansion” as Miss Yoo herself described it. The kitchen and the living room were connected, so they were no walls between them. The JYP trainee entered the kitchen.

 

“Oh, uh.” Jeongyeon trailed off. “You want some water or something?”

 

“No, I just needed to tell you something.” Jihyo looked over to Dahyun, who was already in the living room, getting distracted by some toy or whatever. “Should... I.... you know...?”

 

“You already know how she's going to respond.” The older girl put a hand on Jihyo's shoulder. “Go for it.”

 

“Thank you.”

 

Jihyo walked over to the living room to talk to her friend, while Jeongyeon started to pour a glass of water. And then... an idea popped into her head.

 

“Hey, you still living with Chaeyoung?” Jeongyeon asked.

 

“I would tell you if I wasn't.” The blonde replied.

 

“Mmm... you better tell you two are an item at this rate, because gurl, it's getting too much at this point.” The older girl smirked.

 

“W-Waaahhh! You know how it is with my parents!” The younger girl whined.

 

“That I do. Hey, how long was that Son family arrangement again?” Jeongyeoon took a sip of her water.

 

“U-Until may...” Dahyun replied.

 

Jeongyeon motioned at Jihyo, who did not understand at all. She mentally facepalmed as she continued to motion at Jihyo, who STILL did not understand.

 

“A S K H E R.” The older girl mouthed.

 

“What?” Jihyo asked, catching Dahyun's attention, who looked at Jeongyeon. “Hmmm?”

 

Jeongyeon rolled her eyes. “Oh whatever..” The older girl poured herself a cup of water, taking a sip of it.

 

The childhood friends sat down on the couch and watched as Jeongyeon sat next to them.

 

“It's a bit nice to be here, it's been hectic over at JYP lately,” Jihyo informed.

 

“Oh? I gotta know this.” The older girl looked at Jihyo. “Tell me, sis.”

 

“Tell.... me... sis?” Jihyo repeated. The taller girl just groaned. “Whatever, tell me.”

 

The JYP trainee sighed. “Uh... Stray Kids debuted, so there's that whole situation going on... and that's it.”

 

“Oh,” Jeongyeon said, with extreme disappointment apparent in her voice. “That's it?”

 

“What... were you expecting?” The 97 liner asked. The older girl shrugged. “Something more exciting, I guess.”

 

The older girl noted Dahyun was staring at Jihyo, so she raised an eyebrow in response while looking right at the girl. The blonde just coughed, and the JYP trainee turned to face her.

 

“Oh!” Jihyo perked up. “S-So... y-you know how... my sisters are moving out next month...”

 

“Y-Yes... are you going to be okay?” The blonde asked.

 

“Um... y-yeah... I got a question to ask you, though..”

 

“You know you can ask me anything.”

 

Jihyo cleared . “I was... wondering... if maybe... you'd like to move to my house... and live with me?”

 

If Dahyun had a drink right now, she probably would either A. Spit it out, or B. Started choking on it. Was Jihyo, the woman she's so madly in love with, really asking her to LIVE with her? Dahyun was tempted to start poking herself to make sure she wasn't dreaming right now. The blonde just stared at Jihyo, a bit taken aback.

 

 “Oh... s-sorry...” The JYP trainee looked away, taking Dahyun's silence as a “no”.

 

“W-Wait no! I-I mean- YES! YES!” Dahyun said excitedly. “I would LOVE to live with you!”

 

The older girl did a spit take, getting water all over her carpet. “! Dammit!”

 

The two best friends just stared at Jeongyeon, as she stood up and ran over to her kitchen to retrieve napkins.

 

“Uh, you good?” The blonde asked.

 

“Just peachy, thanks.” Jeongyeon remarked, setting the napkins on the floor and repeatedly dabbing it on her carpet.

 

“Need help there?” The multi-colored haired girl asked.

 

“No, I'm good.” The older girl replied. “Just.. continue your conversation.”

 

The JYP trainee looked back to her best friend and fell silent. Then, she remembered Dahyun's answer.

 

“Y-You'd love to live with me?” Jihyo's eyes shined with joy that Dahyun made feel so warm.

 

“O-Of course.” The blonde said, a blush apparent on her face.

 

Jihyo smiled. Dahyun's response made her happy. With how much time the two spend together, living together is the perfect cherry on top of their already super-close relationship.

 

“W-Well... it's good we're planning this ahead of time.” The JYP trainee said. “Next month.”

 

“Y-Yeah, next month!” The blonde replied. May can't come any sooner.

 

“I mean... you could move in right now... if you wanted to.” Jihyo stated, a bit flustered.

 

“But your sisters are still there! Where would I even sleep?” Dahyun whined.

 

“We could share my room.” The JYP trainee suggested.

 

Jeongyeon started to cough uncontrollably. It was just hilarious that Jihyo, who is completely oblivious to Dahyun's crush on her, is the one making moves on the younger girl, without even meaning to.

 

“S-Share... share your room?” The pale girl started to blush, furiously.

 

“Of course, Dubu!” The 97 liner responded. “We've slept on the same bed countless times before!”

 

The blonde girl blushed even harder at thought of sleeping on the same bed with Jihyo. Jeongyeon just started to chuckle.

 

“Oh my god, you're killing me,” Jeongyeon said. “I consent to you two sharing a bed 100%!”

 

The blonde shot a glare at the oldest girl, who just smirked in return. The JYP trainee just sat there, completely bewildered.

 

“What is going on?” The 97 liner asked.

 

“N-Nothing..” The 98 liner replied. “S-Sure.. we can share a room.”

 

“Yay! Thank you Dahyun!” Jihyo said, pulling Dahyun into a hug. The blonde hugged her back.

 

Jeongyeon faked coughed, saying “Gay” in the middle of her “cough” fit. But it didn't matter to Dahyun, she just fully immersed herself into Jihyo's warm embrace, feeling her loving aura. They hug a lot, but this hug felt different. Eventually, the JYP trainee pulled away.

 

“So, when will you move in?” She asked, smiling warmly at her childhood friend.

 

“I'll wait until your sisters move out.” The pale girl answered. “I don't want them to make a big deal over us sleeping together.”

 

“That's fine,” Jihyo replied. “Well, guess I'll be living with you next month, then.”

 

“It's almost like watching a K-Drama.” Jeongyeon remarked.

 

“Oh shush.” The blonde said in response. Jihyo laughed.

 

Jeongyeon started to think about what to do. Then, an idea came to her. “Oh! I know!”

 

“What is it?” The JYP trainee asked.

 

“We should go get drinks to celebrate this!”

 

The blonde pouted and started to whine. “Unniee... you know last time I drank I had the worst hangover ever!”

 

“....Lightweight.” Jeongyeon rolled her eyes. “Then you sit your pretty here and Jihyo and I will go get drinks. After all, Jihyo IS the best alcohol drinker.”

 

“And what am I supposed to dooo!?” Dahyun whined more.

 

“Drink chocolate milk or something.” The eldest remarked. “Jihyo?”

 

“It'd be so mean to just leave Dahyun by herself, you know?” The JYP trainee reasoned.

 

“Like I said, attached to the hip~” Jeongyeon teased. “Fine, then we stay here. Watch some movies, maybe talk about some other stuff. Oh! Like... Jihyo~ see any boys lately?”

 

“No.” The girl responded.

 

“Oh.”

 

The eldest walked over to her kitchen and noted a lack of... well, everything.

 

“Well, my kitchen is empty.” Jeongyeon said.

 

“That means it's...” Dahyun winded up.

 

“Grocery time!” Jihyo completed.

 

The two childhood friends just hugged each other while laughing.

 

“Cute,” Jeongyeon said under her breath. Then, she cleared . “You don't mind if you stay here, right? I’m going to get some groceries.”

 

“Let us come.” The JYP trainee said.

 

“Nah, you two can stay here. I'll try not to take too long.” The older girl replied.

 

“See you in two hours.” The blonde remarked. Jeongyeon rolled her eyes in response.

 

“Dubu, don't be so mean.” Jihyo scolded.

 

“S-Sorry...” Dahyun replied.

 

“Alright, for real this time, I'm heading out,” Jeongyeon stated. “See you girls in a bit! Oh, and I'm getting chocolate milk, because I KNOW you'll be annoying over it, Dahyun!”

 

The oldest girl exited the house, leaving the two childhood friends by themselves. The two girls sat in silence before Jihyo turned to face Dahyun. “Hey, Dahyun..”

 

Jihyo held Dahyun's hand, then looked into her eyes. Much to say, the blonde felt overwhelmed.

 

“H-Huh?” Dahyun stuttered. “J-Jihyo, what's up?”

 

“One day, can you please play the piano for me?” The JYP trainee asked. “I would love to watch you play.”

 

Now Dahyun started to wonder if Jihyo really was straight.

 

“Y-Yes, of course.” The pale girl answered. “I'll do a bunch of songs for you, you deserve it.”

 

Jihyo smiled, then hugged her again. Maybe it was just Dahyun's mind messing with her, but she felt like Jihyo was sending a signal to her, and she was completely missing it. Or, like she originally thought, her mind was messing with her.

 

Regardless, it was time to pick up playing the piano again. It's been a few months. Dahyun surely must have gotten rusty.

 

------------------------------

 

4:51 PM

 

Mina was at a grocery store, looking for dog food. Back in 2016, for her birthday, Wonpil had bought Mina a female puppy that she named Chichi. Throughout the years the dog has helped her feel better, and with Wonpil's help, Chichi grew up to be a very intelligent and well-trained dog. Besides dog food, Mina was also buying groceries for herself. She went over to the milk section and met a familiar face there.

 

“Oh! Hey there Mina!” Jeongyeon said.

 

“H-Hi..” Mina said quietly, grabbing two gallons of milk.

 

“So, how's your day been?” The Korean girl asked. “I don't really get to see you much.”

 

“Ah... I'm okay.” The Japanese girl replied. “You know how things are..”

 

“That I do.” The older girl said, she looked over to Mina's cart. “Ohh! How's Chichi doing? She's just the cutest!”

 

“She's good.” The younger girl replied, setting the milk on her cart. “I-It was nice seeing you, but... I should go.”

 

“H-Hey! I was um.. wondering if maybe you wanted to hang out sometime?”

 

Mina was surprised. She's been invited to go out by all the girls except Jeongyeon. For some reason, Jeongyeon's invitation felt a little different compared to the other girls.

 

“Is there going to be anyone else with you..?” Mina asked.

 

“Nah! It's just going to be me!” Jeongyeon said. “I mean, right now, I'm with Jihyo and Dahyun, but I'll be free tomorrow!”

 

“S-Sure.... we can hang out tomorrow.” 

 

“That's good to hear! Okay, well... come to the dog park, we'll meet there.”

 

“What time?”

 

“At 2:30 pm. I'll see you there!”

 

Jeongyeon grabbed chocolate milk from the fridge and walked away. Mina just stood there thinking. Did Jeongyeon basically ask her out on a date? Mina was confused.. but she wasn't complaining.

 

------------------------------

 

5:11 PM.

 

Mina returned home, groceries in her car. She parked her car in the garage and then started to unload the groceries. 

 

“Hey there.” A familiar voice said, startling the girl.  “O-Oh! Sorry!”

 

Mina turned around to face Wonpil.  “W-Wonpil.”

 

“I wasn't thinking, I'm so sorry!” Wonpil apologized.

 

 “I-It's... it's okay...” The Japanese girl replied. “Just... be more careful... next time, okay?”

 

“Y-Yeah, definitely.” The keyboardist sighed. “Hey, need help with your groceries?”

 

“It-....” Mina fell silent. “I-If it's not... too much of a b-b-bother, y-yes please..”

 

After a couple of moments spent unloading the rest of the groceries, the two were now inside Mina's house, having set the groceries inside her kitchen.

 

“Ah... sorry that I haven't been texting today. It's been very busy lately.” The keyboardist said as Mina started to fill Chichi's food bowl. She looked up at him. “I-It's... okay...”

 

“I can make it up to you if you'd like.” He said.

 

“N-No... i-i-it's okay....” The girl replied.

 

“You sure? I can buy you dinner if you'd like.”

 

“I-It's okay....”

 

He just nodded as Mina stood up. “I-I... don't... want to be... rude, but... um... I sort of... wanted to spend some time... by myself. I-If you don't mind.”

 

“Oh, that's okay,” Wonpil replied. “I'll see you tomorrow then?” The Japanese girl nodded. “Yes.”

 

The keyboardist left the house, leaving Mina by herself. The girl was anxious about her date with Jeongyeon. Out of all of her friends, Jeongyeon was a bit unknown to her, so getting this chance to know her was very exciting to Mina.

 

------------------------------

 

5:42 PM.

 

Nayeon was at a wedding, her exact fear. She had finished taking pictures of the moment of marriage, but now she needed to take pictures of the after-party. The bunny girl was sitting alone at a table, with a piece of cake in front of her. While the groom and bride respected Nayeon for her amazing talent, they haven't talked to her at all. She supposes it makes sense since she's just a stranger to them after all.

 

“Hey there.” A girl said, sitting next to the photographer. “So, you're the famed Im Nayeon I've been hearing about.”

 

“Yup..” Nayeon said, taking a sip of her water.

 

“Name's Seo Jangmi.” The girl introduced herself, holding a hand out for Nayeon to shake.

 

“Hey.” The bunny girl replied, shaking the girl's hand. “So, I take it you know the bride or groom?”

 

“I'm actually the groom's sister,” Jangmi answered. “I'm so proud of him.”

 

The bunny girl sipped some of her drink. “That's so nice.”

 

The photographer could tell that Jangmi didn't approach her for just friendly conversation, She's been noticing how the girl's been eyeing her. She knew exactly what she wanted. Might as well take a shot.

 

“So, I was thinking maybe we could go out-” Nayeon said.

 

“Hey, babe!” A man interrupted, approaching Jangmi.

 

“Babe, there you are!” Jangmi said, getting up and kissing the man.

 

“You've got to be ing kidding me.” Nayeon said out loud, but by pure luck, the loving couple didn't hear her.

 

The bunny girl groaned. This was something straight out of a cliché K-Drama. She wondered why life was sometimes so cruel to her, had she done something to deserve this? She just sighed and fiddled with her camera, at least she was getting paid for her suffering.

 

------------------------------

 

6:01 PM.

 

“Strawberry flavor again?”

 

“How many times do I have to tell yoouuu?”

 

“You're gonna get sick of them.”

 

“Mmm... nope!”

 

Tzuyu and Chaeyoung were spending time together, and currently, they're at a frozen yogurt place. To nobody's surprise, Chaeyoung immediately went over to the strawberry flavor.

 

“Strawberry toppings, wow.” The maknae rolled her eyes.

 

“Ugh, I can feel you rolling your eyes.” Chaeyoung replied.

 

“That's kinda creepy.”

 

Meanwhile, Tzuyu went a bit overboard with chocolate flavors.

 

“You diss me for getting strawberries, but you could gain like 10 pounds from that one cup.” The orange-haired girl remarked.

 

“Um, no, because I exercise.” Tzuyu replied.

 

“Whatever you say, Chewbacca.”

 

“Excuse you, it's Yoda.”

 

“Wow, haven't heard that one in a while,” Chaeyoung said. “Nayeon's that only one that calls you that, huh.”

 

“So...?” The Taiwanese girl stared.

 

“You two are basically a couple already.” The orange-haired girl remarked. “You already gave each other nicknames.”

 

“S-Shut up!” Tzuyu yelled, putting some yogurt in Chaeyoung's mouth. “Taste this!”

 

“W-What the hell!?” Chaeyoung sputtered. “You're such a child!”

 

The younger girl smirked. “Now don't mention my bunny again.”

 

“AH-AH! You just called her a PETNAME!” The Korean girl replied. “YOU WUUVVVVEEE HER!”

 

Tzuyu lowkey hoped that she could start choking on her frozen yogurt so she wouldn't have to talk to Chaeyoung anymore.

 

------------------------------

 

6:30 PM.

 

Back at her home, Sana was just cleaning the living room. But then, she got a call on her phone, so she took it out of her pocket and answered it once she saw it was Momo.

 

Oh! That was quick! Hey Sana!” Momo said.

 

“What is it?” Sana asked, a bit aggressive than she intended. “S-Sorry... didn't mean for it to come out that way.”

 

Ah... well... I was planning on getting drinks... but uh... how's your mood today?” The dance teacher asked.

 

Minatozaki just fell silent, which was a huge tell for Momo.

 

I-I see... it's one of those days, I'm sorry.

 

“N-No, it's okay.” The brown-haired girl just looked at her T.V. “U-Um... I'm going to hang up now, i-if that's okay.”

 

I really am sorry, it's my bad.

 

“I-It really is okay.. b-bye...”

 

Bye, Sana.

 

Sana hung up, and she didn't even notice her hands were shaking until her phone fell out of her grip. Not this, she always hated it when this happened. She sat on the couch, trying her best to keep herself calm.

 

When Sana was 6, her mother had passed, and her dad fell into alcoholism, becoming a heavy drinker. While he never hit Sana or emotionally abused her, he started to neglect her completely, eventually leaving her when she was only 15. Sana's aunt lived in South Korea, so once her aunt got word that Sana was completely alone, she bought Sana a plane ticket to South Korea so she could live with her, Thing seemed fine with her aunt for a few months until her aunt became an alcoholic too. Things got so bad that Sana moved out, so now she lives in a house by herself.

 

Her phone screen lit up a text from Momo, who simply sent her a heart emoji. The Japanese girl just chuckled a bit, taking her phone and texting the girl back.

 

 

CONVERSATION WITH: HIRAI MOMO

 

Sana: you can take Seulgi with you if you need a drinking partner

 

Momo: that's funny actually.

 

Momo: I'm at my usual spot

 

Momo: and I just saw Seulgi

 

Sana: oh

 

Momo: yeah

 

Momo: are you okay?

 

Sana: yeah, I'm okay.

 

Sana: go have fun!

 

Momo: thank you. I'm glad you're okay.

 

------------------------------

 

6:34 PM.

 

Momo was at one of her favorite spots that she occasionally uses to record some dance covers in. It was a park that happened to be on top of a hill, which gave a nice view of the city. Seulgi had shown up earlier, so that's where she's currently at.

 

“And..” Seulgi trailed off. “Oh. A-Anyways, are you... you know... going to record?”

 

“Something like that, juyes.” Momo replied.

 

“Okay... I-I'll get out of your way, then.” The Korean girl started to leave, but Momo stopped her in her tracks. “H-Hey, you're okay. I don't mind an audience.”

 

Seulgi blushed. “I-I see...”

 

“And after I'm done here, we can go out for drinks.” The dance teacher smiled. The Korean girl nodded. “S-Sounds good.”

------------------------------

 

6:41 PM.

 

Sana was sitting on her couch, and her phone screen lit up to a picture sent by Momo. It was a selfie of the dance teacher and Seulgi, both still at the park. Minatozaki just smiled.

 

Momo and Seulgi. Sana's two best friends. She was so lucky to have met these two, and she cherished every moment with them.