The Bunny and The Maknae

Our Time

April 14th, 2018. 1:02 PM.

 

At a park somewhere in Seoul, South Korea, were two girls, Im Nayeon and Chou Tzuyu. They were just taking a casual stroll, talking to each other about whatever came to mind.

 

“And..” Tzuyu trailed off, completely losing her train of thought. “A-Anyways, are you free tonight?”

 

“Uh, sudden change of topic, but... no, I don't have anything planned,” Nayeon replied. “Why?”

 

“Oh, I want you to come over to my house.” The Taiwanese girl said.

 

“Oh?” The bunny girl raised an eyebrow. “And why's that?”

 

“It's been forever since you've visited. I miss having you there.”

 

The older girl held back a blush. “I see... and what are we going to do there?”

 

“Have fun.” Tzuyu replied.

 

Another blush was held back. “Been a while since I've had a girl be this upfront with me.”

 

The younger girl just rolled her eyes. “Yeah, yeah...”

 

Nayeon started to search through her purse, and eventually pulled out a camera. Tzuyu just stopped in her tracks and looked at Nayeon.

 

“Oh, that's a good shot!” Nayeon said. “Hold that position, please!”

 

One thing to mention is that Nayeon is a freelance photographer, and she owns her own website to get client requests. Since she takes high-quality photos and has a 100% satisfaction rate, she could get just two clients in one day, and she would make good money. And when a good shot shows up, a good shot she's going to take.

 

Eventually, Nayeon put her camera back after having taken, about 10 pictures of Tzuyu. She really wanted to savor the pretty sight in front of her.

 

“Let's sit, shall we?” Nayeon asked, pointing at the bench just behind Tzuyu. The maknae turned around. “Huh, didn't even see that there.”

 

The two girls made themselves comfortable, sitting on the bench. The sat there in silence, Nayeon letting out the occasional sigh. It wasn't until the fifth sigh that the younger girl realized what was up.

 

“What is it?” Tzuyu asked, looking at it.

 

“You know that I love being a photographer, it's the perfect job.” The bunny girl said. “But...”

 

The older girl just groaned.

 

“I've literally just been getting weddings,” Nayeon said. “So, I just spend like five hours taking pictures of people who are madly in love, and it's basically adding salt to my wound.”

 

“Oh...” Tzuyu said.

 

Nayeon.. is much to say, lonely. She's gay, and although South Korea has become accepting of gays recently, there's still a lot of people hesitant to come out. As a result, the market of girls for Nayeon is very small. Meanwhile, for a straight girl like Tzuyu, she could easily go onto a dating app, and she would find a boy within seconds.

 

“Sorry, that's pretty rough.” The maknae said.

 

“It's fine.” The bunny girl replied. “I'll find a girl, eventually.”

 

The two girls sat there in silence. Eventually, Nayeon spoke up.

 

“Well, since we're on the topic of love life, how about you?” She asked. “Got a boyfriend..?”

 

“No.” The younger girl replied. “I've been busy with my studies. And like, I've gone on dates with boys, but like.. jeez. All they want is to hook up.”

 

“That's awful.”

 

“I've only met like one decent guy, but it didn't work out, either.”

 

The brown-haired girl, Nayeon, smirked.

 

“Have you had your first kiss yet?” The bunny girl asked.

 

“H-Huh!?” The maknae stuttered. “O-Of course I've had! I've k-kissed plenty of guys!”

 

The maknae was lying. Despite having gone on dates with multiple boys, she's never had her first kiss yet. She's been saving it for the right person.

 

“That's a VERRRYYY convincing argument.” The older girl laughed.

 

“Hey..” The younger girl fell silent, then bravely spoke up. “Well, I assure you that this year, I will have my first kiss!”

 

“That's a big thing to say,” Nayeon said. “Let's see how this works out.”

 

Tzuyu felt like she wanted to melt away. Nayeon is always so insistent on teasing her. She likes it, of course, but it can be overwhelming at times. The younger girl's phone buzzed, so she looked at it.

 

“Who texted?” The bunny girl asked.

 

“Ah, just Momo.” The maknae replied. “In the group chat.”

 

“Ohh?” The older girl took her phone out. “Interesting..”

 

------------------------------

 

FRIENDIES!

 

Momo: Heya!

 

Jihyo: Oh, hey, Momo!

 

Momo: T-T

 

Dahyun: What is it?

 

Momo: Sana hasn't come to me at all today ;-;

 

Sana: I told you that I would be busy today.

 

Momo: Ik but it still hurts ;-;

 

Sana: .-.

 

Tzuyu: That's all?

 

Chaeyoung: Oh, hey, Tzuyu

 

Tzuyu: Yes, Chae?

 

Chaeyoung: I've got to talk to you about something!

 

Tzuyu: Like, in person or...?

 

Chaeyoung: Ya, in person! We can meet at the park or smthn

 

Nayeon: Funny, because we're at the park right now.

 

Chaeyoung: Oh, k, then I'll be there!

 

Momo: Saaaaannnnaaaaaaa ;-;

 

------------------------------

 

The two girls put their phones away.

 

“I guess Chae's coming over here, then.” The bunny girl commented

 

Tzuyu was just staring at her phone quietly. “I'm sad.”

 

“Huh? Why?” The older girl asked.

 

“When was the last time Mina even talked to us?” The Taiwanese girl questioned. “I've invited her out so many times, but every single time, without fail, Mina turns it down.”

 

“When you invite her out, do you mention that you're going with other people?”

 

“Yeah, usually I'm with Chaeyoung and Dahyun. Sometimes with Momo and Jihyo.”

 

“That's it.” The bunny girl stated. “I've invited Mina out a few times, and she would always accept my invitation.”

 

“So, you think she's just nervous around a group of people?” The Taiwanese girl asked.

 

“Yeah, exactly.”

 

The two girls sat there in silence for a while, and then Chaeyoung walked over to them.

 

“Hey!” Chaeyoung said.

 

“Oh, that didn't take too long,” Tzuyu remarked.

 

“Yeah, well, I was in the area.” The orange haired girl replied...

 

Tzuyu got up. “Is it something that we have to talk about in private or..?”

 

“Yeah, sort of,” Chaeyoung said, she then looked at Nayeon. “I'll return your girl in a bit.”

 

“What!?” The maknae glared at Chaeyoung. “D-Don't be ridiculous!”

 

Nayeon sort of just sat in silence. Chaeyoung simply snickered and walked away.

 

“Uh, yeah, I'll be back..” The Taiwanese girl said awkwardly, walking away.

 

Nayeon sighed, positioning herself comfortably on the bench. She started using her phone.

 

------------------------------

 

Some time had passed, and Tzuyu came back with Chaeyoung.

 

“Hey.” The younger girl greeted.

 

“Oh, hey.” The bunny girl sighed. “I got a call, so I have to go.”

 

“Oh, okay.” The younger girl trailed off, then spoke up. “See you tonight?”

 

“Yeah, see you then.” Nayeon said, walking away.

 

Chaeyoung was just smirking.

 

“Oooo, so you got a date with the bunny girl, then?” Chaeyoung remarked.

 

Tzuyu blushed again, her face starting to heat up out of embarrassment.

 

“Stop that.” The younger girl stated.

 

“Jeez, Dahyun and now you.” The orange haired girl remarked. “What am I going to do with you lovesick puppies?”

 

“S-Stop it! Nayeon's just a really good friend, okay!?”

 

“Mhmm. Sure.”

 

“You know that I like men anyways.” Tzuyu crossed her arms.

 

“Meh, Nayeon thought she did too.” Chaeyoung replied.

 

Tzuyu shook her head. The younger girl wouldn't like to admit it, but she has a bit of a “crush” on Nayeon. And by "crush", she mean that she looks up to Nayeon, and respects her a lot. She wouldn't go any farther than that, though.

 

“Well, let's go do something,” Tzuyu said. “Or talk.”

 

“We should probably study,” Chaeyoung replied. “Next week is going to be rough.”

 

“Why'd you have to remind me of that? Now I'm going to stress all day!”

 

“I'll help you get unstressed before your date with Nayeon, then.” The short girl teased.

 

The black-haired girl, Tzuyu, started to walk away.

 

“I'm going home.” The taller girl said. “Catch up or I'll leave you behind, shorty.”

 

“How rude!” Chaeyoung said, running to catch up to Tzuyu.

 

------------------------------

 

April 15, 2018. 2:31 PM.

 

Jihyo was at the JYP entertainment building, inside one of the practice rooms. She had finished practicing just whatever came to her mind, usually a choreography of some sort.

 

“Oh, hey there,” Jihyo said. “It's good to see you.”

 

“Sorry, am I intruding?” Dahyun asked.

 

“No, you're good.” The JYP trainee replied.

 

Dahyun was carrying a bag, that seemed to have a container inside.

 

“I brought you some food.” The blonde said.

 

“Oh, thank you.” The older girl replied. “I appreciate it.”

 

There was a couch there, so Jihyo sat down on it.

 

“You know, Jeongyeon called me earlier.” The younger girl said, placing the container next to Jihyo.

 

Yoo Jeongyeon is a friend that the duo has known for a long time. They met her in 2011, and have been good friends with her ever since.

 

“Did she now?” The older girl questioned, opening the container.

 

“Yeah.” The younger girl replied.

 

“What about?”

 

“She just wanted to know if we could come over. She specifically said just you and me.”

 

“I have time to spare. It's been a while since it was just us three together.”

 

“The Trendy Trio is going to reunite!” Dahyun cheered.

 

Jihyo started eating her food, clearly trying to avoid that cringe-worthy group name.

 

“I wonder what Jeongyeon has planned. You know that if she's calling just us two, she's got something planned.”

 

“Maybe a girl's night out. Like we used to do back then.”

 

“Oh! Now that's something I haven't heard of in a long time!” Dahyun clapped.

 

The blonde sat next to her best friend. They sat there in silence as Jihyo finished eating her food.

 

“Have you ate, Dahyun?” Jihyo asked.

 

“Yeah, before I came over here.” Dahyun replied.

 

“Good.” Jihyo got up from her seat. “Let's go see Jeongyeon.”