Chapter XII

First and Last
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoohyeon sighed for the nth time as she rode the bus. She was nervous but she knows she have to do this. She glanced at the bag of tarts and choco pies she's bringing and smiled to herself.

Everything will be alright, Yoohyeon.

Suddenly her phone vibrated, notifying her for a message.

HD: Yoohyeon :( Can I ask you a favor? I need to meet some groupmates to finish our papers and I won't be home for the week. I know it's too much since you might be busy too but can you check on Jiu tonight?

Yoohyeon frowned as she read the message. Why does Handong needed this kind of favor?

KYH: I'm actually on my way. What's the problem tho? Is she sick?
HD: Nooo :( but she's been overworking herself. She won't eat unless I forced her too. All she eats are instant noodles and she drinks too much coffee. And she sleeps so late these days. I know she's getting stressed but she won't just rest. I'm worried Yooh but I also have things to do.

The message made Yoohyeon felt more guilty. She sends daily messages on Jiu but never really tried to meet her for the reason that the girl might not be want to see her. She glanced at the food beside her and thought that it won't be enough.

KYH: Do you have groceries at home?
HD: Oh ... I forgot to buy for the week :((( 
KYH: Don't worry, I'll buy. Focus on your works first. I'll take care of her. Ily Dongie! Good luck! 💪💪
HD: Thank you baby! Ily! See you soonnn 💗

She got off on her stop and quickly went to a nearby grocery store. She bought vegetable and fruits and the ingredients she'll need late. She bought some snacks too and some milk for Jiu. Her nervousness lessen now that she knows she had to take care of the girl.

Knock, knock. She heard shuffles of feet but the door didn't open.

Knock, knock, knock... Something like folders and a few stack of papers fell inside and Yoohyeon gets a little impatient.

"Coming!" Jiu's soft voice was heard.

Something fell again and she heard the older girl curse inside. "!"

The door clicked open and Yoohyeon was surprised. The girl in front of her looks so tired and her eyes are almost red. Jiu can't move as she stares at the girl in front of her. Soon, she felt her eyes getting teary and she can't do anything but clutch the hem of her shirt.

"Y-yoohyeon..." Yoohyeon smiled, lifting the plastic bags she's carrying.

"I brought food... for the princess." Yoohyeon softly said.

She had to drop the bags when Jiu lunged herself to hug the girl. Yoohyeon carefully wrapped her into a tight hug, caressing the older girl's back. Jiu was crying. She wanted to stop but her tears won't let her.

"I'm so tired, Y-yooh... but I can't stop,.. it'll hurt if I stop... everything's so stressful... I don't know what to do anymore..." Jiu said in between her cries.

Yoohyeon glanced at the living room and it was a mess. Papers were scattered on the table and there were a lot of empty bottles of coffee. The couch had some blankets and pillows as if Jiu had camped every night on the living room. Yoohyeon's heart ache as she hug Jiu tighter. She could've come sooner.

Yoohyeon didn't speak instead she slightly stepped back to cup Jiu's face. She wiped her best friend's tears, she was about to kiss the girl's forehead when Jiu stopped her.

"I'll be here. I'll hold you. It's okay, you can close your eyes." Jiu did and she felt Yoohyeon's lips touching her forehead.

"Y-yoohyeon..." Jiu's tears kept falling. She placed her hand on top of Yoohyeon's.

Yoohyeon held Jiu's hand, pulling her inside. She placed the bags on the dining table and gestured Jiu to sit first. She moved to the living room and fix the papers by topics and subjects. Jiu just watch as the younger girl throw the bottles away.

Yoohyeon then went back to the dining room to heat the milk she bought for Jiu. After the milk was heated, she sat beside the girl, pushing the glass in front of her.

"Drink up, then sleep. I'll prepare dinner."

"Yooh, wha-"

"Let's talk later. You need to rest. Your papers can wait." Jiu frowned, making Yoohyeon chuckle.

"Look at you." Yoohyeon whispered as she fixed the girl's hair, before touching the girl's face again.

"What are you doing?" Jiu's voice sounded so weak.

"Let's talk later. Go to your room first and sleep."

Yoohyeon then stood up but Jiu quickly grabbed her wrist. "Hug me to sleep..." It was almost a whisper, but Yoohyeon heard it.

She then followed Jiu and lied down beside her. Jiu quickly scooted closer, nuzzling her face on the girl's neck. Her hug was tight as if Yoohyeon would go away the moment she let go.

"Take a rest, bunny. I'll be here when you wake up."

Jiu closed her eyes, the last thing she felt was Yoohyeon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter