T W O

The Korean Boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Point Of View

- Jimin -

 

I was awakened by a light gleaming through my window.

 

"Hmmm..."

 

I yawned stretching my whole body in pleasure but a little pain after.

 

I don't know why I felt weak after stretching my body where in we were supposed to feel relaxed after doing that, right?

 

I sat up from laying and checked my wall clock.

 

This is going to be another day just like the old days. My life was just a crap. I live alone and eat alone. Everyday I have this routine where I will just sleep, eat alone, work 6 hours then sleep again.

 

What can I do more?

 

I hopped off the bed and made my way back door to check something.

 

"Great." I said in relief as I touched the jacket, it's all dry now. I'm safe! Another life has given to me yeah.

 

This jacket is not mine actually, it's from a customer. Yesterday as I worked, I tripped and had stained the jacket, not totally stained since I managed to remove it from doing the laundry last night.

 

I took it and went back inside my small room, given that I was just renting an apartment. I put the jacket in a paper bag.

 

I promised to give this back to that customer since I was the one who caused stain on it.

 

I almost cried yesterday having the idea of being fired or terminated. I must thank him, I guess, for not taking my job from me.

 

He's Yoongi, that customer and was also happened to be one of our boss' brother which made me shake yesterday in fear.

 

I just can't afford losing a job and starting over again. It's hard to look for a job.

 

I was about to look for something to eat when my phone rang. I checked it and answered it immediately when realized who's calling.

 

"It's an emergency! Did ma’am Cindy call you? Ma’am Cindy just called me letting me know that later around 5 in the afternoon, the company will be having a meeting with the stockholders regarding their plans for 2018."

 

John talked rapidly from the other line as if he was really in an emergency.

 

I was not that surprised since sir Yoongi already told me that yesterday.

 

I just signed my contract with ALD Company about my regularization. I made it this quick because of my performance, our senior manager told me that.

 

Now I am working in a coffee store, Coffee Bazaar is the name of our store under the company of ALD.

 

You might be thinking about the name of the coffee store, the word "Bazaar" came from the theme of the store. We sell here coffee and frappe related things like mugs, tumblers and some mini accessories that is related to the main product of the store which is coffee.

 

"Okay got it. Thank you for informing me." I replied to John and I heard him sighed.

 

"Bro I always feel pressured whenever we have these kinds of meeting." he said in bothersome.

 

I wonder why do my colleagues still talk to me even if I always sound uninterested in everything. For my almost one month stay in the store they never failed to make me feel belonged.

 

"Just enjoy it." I chuckled because of the tone of his voice.

 

"Oh come on, an advice coming from the person who never socialized?" he replied laughing.

 

One good thing about John is his straightforwardness. I admit we became a little close because of that.

 

"Who said I'm not socializing? I talk to my customers, always." I replied sounding like I have a point.

 

I'm always bored to be with yeah. My life is boring as well. Nothing is especial in myself.

 

"Yes that is sure but just to them, because it's your job!" he said emphasizing the last words three words.

 

I just sighed and didn't mind it. It hurts when truth attacked you.

 

"Oops, I got to go now. Don't be stressed just thinking about later. See you bro." I said and dropped the call.

 

I sighed tumbling myself to the bed to relax for a second. Another day to spend. At least working makes me occupied, I got colleagues that makes me smile.

 

"Guys two glasses of water please, bring to their table!"

 

I heard ma’am Cindy said as we worked under a little pressure. The bosses are here!

 

I am busy making coffees and frappes, customers were approaching.

 

Just last 10 minutes and the meeting will be done. And last 15 minutes my shift will end.

 

"Hey? Hi?"

 

Hearing that soft voice made me turned around right away. And it made me smile seeing the person, it was sir Yoongi's sister.

 

I can smell her fragrance which I smelled when she approached me as he took the small christmas tree on my hand, when we were in a mall.

 

"I see! That's why you are familiar. So you are the bartender here huh?"

 

She said looking at the name tag on my polo shirt uniform.

 

"Yes ma’am." I smiled sheepishly.

 

I really didn't have an idea that she's a boss here, the day I saw them in the store I must admit that I really don't have an idea about her being a stockholder of this company, the ALD company.

 

"I just want to thank you." she said smiling making me give her a questioning look. "Forget it. Just accept my gratitude."

 

And I did the same, I also thanked her which made her chuckle.

 

We exchanged goodbyes and I was left a little timid because my colleagues started asking me how did I know ma’am Sandra, which is sir Yoongi's sister.

 

"Jimin your shift is done. Thanks for the good work!"

 

I heard ma’am Cindy said that made me feel at ease, thanks for saving me from my colleagues questions.

 

"I'm happy I hired you that day." ma’am Cindy said when she reached me. "As I joined them during the meeting, one of the bosses was busy checking our page and we got reviews saying that this Coffee Bazaar makes good taste of coffees and frappes. I mean yes it's a usual review but that review is overwhelming as an employee of this company, isn't?"

 

I smiled in my mind, especially hearing how happy she is as she talked.

 

I nodded in agreement. Actually hearing that review now already made me proud as a worker here.

 

"So please continue making good coffees and frappes." she said smiling, I smiled in return.

 

It's good having a good manager that appreciates your performance.

 

I prepared myself before leaving. I kept my apron inside my locker and took my backpack.

 

I took a deep breath before taking the paper bag with sir Yoongi's jacket in it.

 

Suddenly I felt a little nervous. I don't know.

 

I walked towards the glass door.

 

"Hey Jimin?"

 

I was about to exit the store when my colleague shouted, the one in cashier. She pointed John who's now approaching me.

 

"Take this. We know you skipped lunch again." he said giving me a small paper bag, I can see ma’am Cindy was waving a goodbye to me.

 

I took it, hesitantly. I was shy. I really do feel welcomed and loved here, my workmates are good. We all work here without hate, just love and care.

 

"Thanks." I smiled sheepishly and made my way to the exit.

 

The moment I stepped outside I felt like there was a sudden changes of temperature, which was really different from the normal feeling we are getting from the air-conditioners.

 

"Maybe this is what my mom was talking about." I mumbled remembering her stories to me.

 

She said that when she was in Korea she used to wear couple of thick jackets to cover herself from the coldness. I envy her for experiencing winter.

 

"Mom look, it's getting cold here. No snow but enough to make me feel the winter." I chuckled. "And we used to celebrate Christmas together."

 

I smiled for the idea. I felt sad again but I can't afford crying right now. People outside were having fun walking and playing with each other. I can't afford taking the freedom they were enjoying right now under this relaxing atmosphere.

 

I walked under street lights and started grabbing the burger my colleagues gave me.

 

After finishing it I sat on the bench I saw along the way to open my bag.

 

"Hm." I mumbled after drinking from a bottled water.

 

I wish life will just be like this. You will sit, walk and live in peace. The weather at this moment is great!

 

I somehow feel like I was always happy.

 

Point Of View

- Yoongi -

 

"Jimin?"

 

I  cooed seeing him from farther walking on the sidewalk of the park.

 

And to my surprise I saw a very familiar thing, even if I am seeing him from farther distance, I am sure that he's wearing my jacket.

 

It made me smile. I don't know! I just can't help but to smile seeing my jacket on him.

 

I leaned on my car and waited for a minute more until he reached me.

 

"Hi. Yeah hi!" I greeted him as our eyes met.

 

"Y-yeah hi? Sir? H-how are you doing?" was his reply that made me wonder.

 

I mean dude this kid doesn't love to talk, believe me!

 

"I'm good. Wow thanks for asking huh?" I  grinned not believing myself for being in a good mood and high spirit, I mean I was really enjoying his presence.

 

He's so innocent. His eyes. His expression.

 

"How about you? How was your shift? Tired?" I asked putting my hands inside my pocket. I felt so excited to hear his words. It's weird but I just find him interesting.

 

"No sir. Not tired." he said and looked around, I wonder what he was looking for.

 

"Not tired? How? I mean you worked today right? So probably tired?" I asked curiously.

 

"It's just, hmm it's just.. well I like my work. I enjoy." he replied quickly.

 

I can't dig any words inside my head for me to speak.

 

I sudden had the urge to open the door of my car as I realized what he was looking for.

 

"Still, you must be tired. Here you can have a seat." I said offering the passenger seat after leaving the door open.

 

"O-oh no sir Yoongi, it's okay." he said shyly as he waved both of his hands refusing.

 

I didn't respond and just stared at him, giving him a simple smile. Few seconds I knew I won when he started walking reluctantly and sat up over the passenger seat.

 

"Great." I uttered chuckling in victory.

 

"By the way my sister just gave a call telling me that she saw you at the Coffee Bazaar and she's right that you looked familiar to her." I said as I remembered that my sister just called me.

 

"Y-yes sir. I saw her and she greeted me." Jimin said smiling.

 

"Yup and I felt good knowing that I have already meet you before she did." I replied looking at him.

 

My jacket was lousy on him but he looked good in it. Not to mention he was wearing my very own jacket.

 

"Do you feel hungry? Want to eat something?" I offered placing my hand over the opened door of my car, I bent my body forward and I saw that he became uneasy.

 

I grinned and moved back.

 

"I'm good. O-oh yeah! I forgot. Ohh I'm sorry sir

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter