O N E

The Korean Boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Point Of View

- Third Person's -

 

"Okay! So here is your special double-chocolate frappe!"

 

The bartender said proudly as he handled the order of the customer, a smile escaped from customer's lips looking at the frappes.

 

"If I'm not mistaken I ordered double-chocolate frappe not mentioning the word special." the customer replied still having the smile on his face.

 

"It's my job." the bartender started, he is Jimin. The junior bartender of the coffee store. "And double-chocolate is my specialty so that's why I always make sure to make it the best." he added.

 

The customer chuckles in amusement.

 

"I see, yah I see." she said and started making her way to the exit. "Thanks. I hope my daughter will like this." she added and Jimin just nodded as a response.

 

"I agreed with what the guard said that we are getting a lot of more customers because of you."

 

He heard someone speaking from his back. He turned around and it's the senior manager.

 

He smiled with what he heard, the source of the voice is the senior manager of the store. She was also the one who made the job interview of Jimin during his application in the coffee store last month.

 

Basically he owes her a lot for letting him work in the store.

 

"I just hope that he's also that cheerful in his own real world."

 

One of his colleague said.

 

"Yes. Thank you." was all Jimin reply and continued working.

 

He can't oppose to what they said though. They were just stating the truth.

 

Jimin is a good worker to his customers, he talks with them cheerfully and happily. But deep inside, he's different.

 

Since the day his mom died he felt so sad and lonely. Now he's renting an apartment and he lives alone, all by himself.

 

Time had passed and Jimin's shift is done.

 

"Here take it. I don't want you skipping meals. I can't afford your absence here. Thanks for the hard work today, good night."

 

The senior manager said to him handling the small bag of food.

 

Jimin smiled in gratitude thanking his senior manager. He took the bag and started walking out of the store.

 

"Take care Jimin!" he looked back as he heard one of his colleague words. He nodded and waved his hands.

 

He opened the small bag and two pieces of burger made his eyes glitter.

 

He was really thankful to his colleague because they treat him good given that he just started joining them, two weeks ago.

 

He must admit that he skips meal, but not all the time. When just needed. He's living by his own and need to save money in order for him to live, not thinking the fact that skipping meal is not good.

 

"I miss you mom."

 

Jimin mumbled almost not making sound as he talked.

 

Tomorrow will be his mother's 7th death anniversary, December 2nd.

 

Thinking about his mom made him cry and that made the night rainy.

 

It rains as he cries and he was aware of that. When he cries it will surely rain, that's why he always manages to hold his tears when he felt crying just not to bother those people outside.

 

But now, he can't take it. He felt like he really needs to cry.

 

"I'm sorry to let the night rainy but I just can't hold it."

 

The words that came out from his mouth talking about his tears. He sat on his bed staring at his window seeing how it rains outside.

 

It was like the night feels the sympathy from his tears.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Point Of View

- Yoongi -

 

"Lee let's go. I think it will rain harder!"

 

I shouted as I get my driver's attention. He followed and we almost went running as we head to my car.

 

"Ahh!! Why is it always raining whenever I visit my brother?!" I groaned out of frustration.

 

Today is my little brother's 5th birthday and I went to visit him here in cemetery. Believe me or not, this normally happens whenever I visit him on his birthday.

 

"Oh my I'm sorry if I have to leave this early. It rained again.." I said and look at my watch.

 

It's 7:30 in the evening.

 

"Sir your sister just sent a message and he wants me to let you know that dinner is ready." Lee told me as he starts the engine.

 

My family had already visited my little brother earlier in the morning, I just want coming here alone that's why I always go here in the evening.

 

After of an hour stay here, it rained unexpectedly. Sometimes I wonder if my little brother let it happen to play with me. Since we used to play in our pool when he was still with us.

 

It made me cry again reminiscing what I used to do with my little brother. When he celebrated his first birthday I was the one carrying him, my mom and dad was holding two big cakes and my sister was busy preparing the food.

 

"Ahh.." I mumbled emotionally. I always love to have a little brother and it hurt me so much thinking the fact

 

I raised my hands to wipe my tears and focused myself staring at the window of my car, seeing how hard it rains and witnessing the sad ambiance of the streets we passed by.

 

I wonder why all of us feel sad or lonely whenever it rains.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"Oh Yoongi my son you're home. Look we made the dining room full of food the way we planned it." my mom said as I reach the dining room.

 

I saw my dad and sister preparing more food and saw my mom secretly wiping the tears that feel from her eyes.

 

I hugged her patting her back.

 

"Mom my little brother will be sad seeing us crying on his birthday, so no more crying okay?" I told her and smiled weakly.

 

I tried to hold my tears and went to the table to help them.

 

"Oh look at these, he loves cookies. I made this very special for him."

 

My sister said as she focused on the cookies. Until we decided to be happy thinking that we were with our little boy and celebrating his birthday with a smile on our faces.

 

Sometimes it's really our choice whether to be happy or not. And I'm sure that my little brother is happy now seeing us celebrating his 5th birthday.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"Make sure to wear the best coat."

 

My mom reminded me before leaving the house. I just rolled my eyes. I don't why I do always need to join them when they are meeting clients.

 

I head to my bathroom after stripping my shirt. Good thing the morning today feels good that's why I'm in a good mood.

 

After taking a shower I stride to the other side of my room and all of my clothes came into view.

 

"Maybe a white longsleeve and a black jacket will do." I whispered as I walked to get full sight of my things.

 

There's no way I'll wear a coat!

 

"Lee let's go." I said walking to my car.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Point Of View

- Third Person's -

 

"Yes Mrs. Min, of course we would be very happy to start a business with you."

 

One of the clients has said as they make conversation.

 

Few minutes had passed until Yoongi came to their building.

 

All of the employees made themselves on alert as their boss arrive.

 

Employees at the front desk greeted Yoongi giving their biggest smiles as they admire him.

 

Yoongi is surely an attractive and good looking enough to make every head turns as he walked by.

 

He is a completely no doubt good looking man that every girl could ever dream of.

 

"Oh here's my son, he's Yoongi."

 

Mrs.Min said as his son entered the room. Their clients was shocked in amusement.

 

"That's your son? He's handsome." one of her clients reaction.

 

"Of course he is. But he can be a devil sometimes." Mrs.Min replied sarcastically.

 

Yoongi just rolled his eyes and joined them in the table.

 

"It seems that it's good to make my daughter unmarried up until now." one of the clients said chuckling talking about the girl next her.

 

Yoongi did not mind giving a look to whom the client was referring to.

 

He does not have any interest regarding meeting someone that he can start dating with, especially if that someone is related about their business.

 

He's not into meeting someone from their business.

 

"I'm sorry but my son is very strict when it comes in relationship."

 

His mom said and that's what he wants about his family. They don't push him to someone just to get a business.

 

"Hi Yoongi? How are you doing?"

 

He raised his head to see who's asking. It was the girl. He saw the girl's mother and a proud face.

 

He admits the girl is beautiful but not his taste.

 

"I'm good. Oh sorry excuse me guys, I have to go now." Yoongi said excusing himself and stood up and made his way to the door.

 

"We are busy but our son is busier than us. Anyway mrs. Swift and mrs. Smith please excuse me too. I have to go now, I'll just let my assistant reach you once I made a decision regarding your proposal."

 

Mrs. Min excused herself and made his way too.

 

"Failed. I don't like them. They want their daughter to marry you? Then what? Your money?"

 

HIs mother said as they walked in the hall. Yoongi nodded in agreement.

 

"Thank you mom." he said not turning his head to look at his mom.

 

Mrs. Min almost stopped from walking because of his son's tone of voice, she's not used to this kind of his son's side.

 

"Why?" she asked seriously and a small smile grew on Yoongi's face.

 

"Because you never forced me to marry anyone just because of business."

 

What his son has said made her suppressed a laugh. She placed her right hand around his son's waist, hugging him a little.

 

"Because I don't want to lose you. Your grandparents used to send me on a blind date just to satisfy their business partners. But good thing your dad is firm enough to fight for me and now look, we are very happy. And I want you to find your own happiness too." she said now rubbing his son's back.

 

Yoongi hugged his mom in happiness. He must be very lucky to have them as his family.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"Which one is good? How about violet?"

 

After the appointment with their clients, Yoongi headed to the nearest mall to help his sister in shopping.

 

"I think red will be good too." he said replying to his sister.

 

"So let me get this since you got a good taste." Sandra said, his sister.

 

And they continued buying things they can use to decorate their house for holiday, Christmas.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Point Of View

- Jimin -

 

"How about this sir? You may want it too."

 

The sales lady has said as he used her hands trying to show things and explain more.

 

I was just nodding as she talked and I also do ask some questions.

 

"It's good yes." I agreed with her. "But I am looking for a very small christmas tree, let's say like 1 feet height."

 

I added and tried to explain more. I just want a very small christmas tree. I am going to put in on the table next to my bed.

 

Christmas makes me happy and sad at the same time. I am happy be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter