SIXTEEN

The Nerd and The Assistant
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After the trip to Stratford, things changed for me. I was a little more bright, happier, excited. Lisa definitely opened up something inside of me that made me feel like I was a new person, or perhaps a more authentic version of myself. I was actually starting to feel a little more self-assured, like I was finding my way. It was an awesome feeling to have.

Sitting in my dorm room on the couch with my face buried in a book for my English class, Jisoo sitting at her desk on her laptop hammering away on some homework, the room was silent but for the typing on Jisoo’s keyboard. Although I was trying to focus on my book, I wasn’t all too enthused with it and instead my mind kept shifting to thoughts of Lisa. I’m sure you know the feelings. You’re trying to concentrate on some task, but you can’t stop thinking about that person you’re inexplicably drawn to. For me it was a bit of a new feeling so even though I knew I should have been reading, I also tried to enjoy the lingering thoughts of this wonderful girl.

Suddenly, interrupting the mood of study there in our dorm room, a swift knock came at our door. Jisoo looked up from her computer and over at me.

“I’ll get it,” she said, standing up and stretching out her limbs as she walked over to the door. Unlocking it and opening it, she pulled the door open slowly to reveal Kai standing on the other side.

“Hi Jisoo,” he said cautiously. “Is Jennie here?”

“Yeah,” said Jisoo, opening the door further. “Hey Jennie, Kai’s here for you.”

Looking up from the couch and over at the door, Kai offered me interested eyes of possibility. I set my book down and stood up, walking over to the door to greet him. Jisoo gave me a fiery grin as she made her way back to her desk. I still hadn’t told her about Lisa or a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter