ELEVEN

The Nerd and The Assistant
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taking a deep breath, I pulled my dorm room door open to reveal Lisa’s smiling face. She was dressed very lounge-cute, wearing purple scrubs as pants, slippers on her feet, an athletic grey pullover hoodie with our school’s name across the front. Her blonde hair was curled up in a bun, and she wore a pair of thin gold glasses over her eyes. I’d never seen her in glasses before.

“You wear glasses?” was the first thing out of my mouth as I saw her.

“So?” she said, pushing past me and coming into my room. I slowly shut the door behind her.

“I’ve just never seen you in them is all,” I said, following her deeper into the room, watching her intently as she plopped down on the couch.

“I normally wear contacts,” said Lisa matter-of-factly, slinging an arm over the back of the couch. “But it’s Friday and I’m in chill mode.”

“I see that,” I said.

“You think I’m a geek or something in my glasses?” she said in her mock-angry voice. I knew she was just poking at me, not really offended by anything. She was trying to get me riled up.

“Of course not,” I said, sitting down next to her on couch. I actually found her really attractive in her dressed-down look.

“Well, I am a geek!” she exclaimed with a grin. “So eat it!”

“I think I’m the geekier of the two of us,” I said in a self-deprecating manner. I looked off from her.

“Is this a competition to you?” said Lisa, lowering her hand and giving my thigh a sudden firm squeeze.

“Ah!” I cried out, smacking her on the back of the hand. She just laughed at me.

“All right,” said Lisa, pulling her legs up onto the couch and sitting crosslegged. “What are we going to watch?”

“Hmm,” I said, looking across the room at the TV. I had already turned it on and navigated to the Netflix app. “I guess I hadn’t thought that far ahead.”

“You’re funny,” said Lisa, shaking her head, a smile smeared on her lips. I looked into her face and was drawn in to its softness, its gentleness. Her skin was pallid and smooth, creamy, and very alluring. I could see them through the large lenses of her glasses. Lisa had a y mouth with plump lips, slender features, fair and lovely and bright. I felt so infatuated with her in that moment that I just wanted to burst. It was like my heart was a ticking time bomb, teetering on the edge of explosion.

“Hey Lisa,” I said, feeling the words creep out of my mouth but unsure where I was going with them.

“Yes Jennie?” she said with a hint of teasing sarcasm. “What can I do for you?”

“You like girls, right?” I said, my voice a little broken, my nerves a little wavy.

“Jennie,” said Lisa, fake annoyed, looking down over her glasses at me. “You are just too cute.”

“What?” I said innocently.

“What do you think all of this is?” she asked, eyes wide, looking right at me. “Why do you think I’m here right now?”

“I don’t know,” I said quietly.

“I like you, Jennie,” said Lisa, straight, seriously. “I’m totally cool and patient to come along with you on this journey, and I know what you’re going through — well, maybe — but babe, look, you gotta let these feelings out and just stop worrying about everything else for a minute.”

“What do you like about me?” I asked in a soft tone.

“I think you are just so cute,” said Lisa, still keeping her eyes locked with me. “You’re smart and complex, intuitive, and you definitely have a lot going on up here.” She pointed to my head. “You just need to sync up a little here,” she said, pointing now to my heart.

“I’m trying,” I peeped.

“Do you like me?” Lisa asked, crossing her arms.

“Yes,” I said.

“What do you like about me?” she said, almost smirking.

“I think you’re really pretty,” I said. “I’m just drawn to you. I like your skin, because it looks so soft and smooth, I like your lips, your eyes… I like how outgoing you are, and open, and friendly.”

Lisa nodded along wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter