sixteen

hearts adjacent - wonwoo x junhui

Jun waited for the results to be posted. When they were he wasn't surprised. He had barely passed. But he would graduate and stand beside Wonwoo as they left this stage of their lives behind. Wonwoo graduated top of the class and that wasn't a surprise either. Straight As. Jun was proud. His boyfriend was so smart.

Wonwoo had been accepted to the best University in the city on a full scholarship. Jun had applied to a smaller University with a strong arts program and was surprised when he got accepted. Soonyoung had been accepted too as well as Minghao. Jihoon and Chan had another year of high school. Things were changing. Hopefully not too much.

On their last day of school they walked out together. They would come back in a few days for their graduation ceremony. After that they were going travelling for a few weeks as a gift from their parents. Two best friends off on an adventure. Jun wanted to tell his parents about them when they came back. Wonwoo wasn't so sure.

They got takeaway coffees and walked in the sun. Jun slipped his free hand inside Wonwoo's and they wandered across the park, no one talking, just companionable silence. They sat on a bench and sipped their coffees slowly. There was nothing to rush for. They had their whole lives waiting for them.

Jun wondered how they ended up here. The sun was out and the weather had turned warmer again but Wonwoo still pulled his hands inside his sleeves. Sweater paws. Jun thought. Just one of a million reasons to love him.

As he leaned his head on Wonwoo's shoulder the words came back to him.

 

"What would you do if I told you I was gay?"

 

 

"I'd ask you to fall in love with me. I'd ask you to at least give me a chance."

 

But in the end he got his chance. His chance to make Wonwoo fall in love with him. A chance at happiness with his best friend. And it couldn't be more perfect.

 

the end